It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there real immortals living among us?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbra Sideralis

If i am remeber well the book i red about him, nobody ever seen eating or drinking i think...weird person. any way, some links for you mates.

Interestingly enough, one of the only scientifically accepted ways to extend life is through calorie restriction.

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by benabba

So, to answer your question, all of the immortals that I am aware of are not connected with any other immortal. In fact they all believe that they are the only one that is immortal out there.

Why dont you tell them about each other, and pass on contact information since you seem to know more than one. It would seem to be the polite thing to do, and certainly it would add richness to the experience of any one of them. It would get tiresome talking to short lived humans, as intellectually we would seem like children to them.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Erm. You know multiple immortals?
How'd you pull that stunt off?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant

Hmmm. Reading is a good skill to have. Practice it. I never said I knew even ONE immortal.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch
Hi,

Fascinating thread!

How does his recall of our history differ from what we have written as our history? Specifics please......I'm really interested.

STM

He appears to recall history that he had some emotional attachment tol and has diifficulty remembering items that he had no connection or bond to. His oldest childhood memory appears to be spending time with a young sister who he was quite close to.

For more info, check out my main blog.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
"You mentioned this man gets married every now and then and starts a family.

I would like to know what he thinks about love. When he marries, is he in love with that person as much as he was the first time he got married to someone? Does love, ever get old to him? Does he just marry out of lonliness?"

These are good questions which i will have to ask him the next time we meet. When he talks about his short romance with Madame Curie I can tell that he was quite fond of her. When I asked him about his recently deseased wife, I can tell that there is some pain still there.

"Does he believe in reincarnation? Does he believe he has met and married the same person living more than one lifetime?"

I asked him something about reincarnation and what I remember is that he does not know anything about it. However I am very curious to find out if he is a reincarnated soul before he became an immortal or is this his one and only trip to earth.

"Also, when you say he does not die because he just does not believe in death, what exactly do you mean? Is it like mind over matter sort of thing? Is this something he meditates on?"

This is topic that needs a lot of discussion to explain. I am serious now thinking about writing a book just on that one question. This was my main reason for seeking this man out and speaking to him. The historical stories I got of him turned out to be bonus which I am now researching and discussing.

I just gave the 5 seconds answer to start pondering the possibility. I remember hearing about a musician named John Denver telling everyone that he would die in his plane; and he did. This man does not believe in death or participate in death rituals like funerals and he is still alive. I am starting to beleive that the true secret of immortality is inside of all of us and that we need someone or something to get it out so we can understand it.

"When you say he is graduated or something to that effect from religion, I would like to know what he believes in. You mentioned something about the Torah, and his now celebrating Christian holidays. Does he believe in God? Does he believe in Jesus? Since he is as old as you say, can he validate whether or not the New Testament, is fact or fiction?"

I've got about 500 pages of notes on just these questions alone. He is one of the "founders" of our modern day religions. He is the "author" of 3 books found in the Old Testament, Torah, & Koran; which includes many conversation with God. He had a 6 year friendship with the man we now call Jesus prior to the crucifiction. He witnessed many events described in the New Testament. He witnessed even more events that took place 2,000 years ago and are not described in the New Testament (i.e. he can describe in detail the home of the man we call Jesus, after having spent many days there for various reasons).

Blessing to you!

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

So, to answer your question, all of the immortals that I am aware of are not connected with any other immortal. In fact they all believe that they are the only one that is immortal out there.

Why dont you tell them about each other, and pass on contact information since you seem to know more than one. It would seem to be the polite thing to do, and certainly it would add richness to the experience of any one of them. It would get tiresome talking to short lived humans, as intellectually we would seem like children to them.

I have mention this to the 2,800 man that I knoiw and he was interested to hear what I knew about them but not interested in traveling anywhere to meet the other immortals.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant

I am the one that said I know more than 1 immortal. Using my advanced researching techniques I found what I believe to be about 25 poepl who are 500 years or more. I have had the good fortune to meeting the 2 oldest, and most famous, of these 25.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by benabba

Once again thanks for the reply.

My curiosity is getting the better of me after what you said.

There is only one person that I can think of who might match the description of this person you speak of.

Maybe you know this already, but could you ask if he has ever gone by the name of Yahya?

Does he reside anywhere near the region of Patmos? If he does, when did he first go there?

There is one most beloved of Jesus Christ who must tarry until his return! Could this be something to do with this persons age?

Can this person also perform miracles by chance?

Thank You.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

He knows the 2,800 years of history that he observed and participated in. He does have many stories about history that go back much further than 2,800 years and which differ somewhat from our conventional history. But his knowledge of the creation of the planet is close to what he heard from his Torah; our Old Testament.

Don't take this personally, but I question the intentions of someone who is 2,800 years old and states that religious texts are basically right. IMO, religion is nothing but population control, so if he supports these stories, I question his authenticity and intentions. He could be programmed or mind-controlled to believe he's 2,800 years old.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by GeeGee]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
you were doing pretty good there for a while.. but you let the cat out of the bag.. when you mentioned... that he could die if he got his head cut off... but you forgot earlier... that you said he thinks he is the only one.. so there was no way that he could know he would die...if his head was cut off... even a good liar slips up if you let him ramble on enough. never fails.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Please people, remember to take everything with a grain of salt until you find some hard evidence.
The OP joined this site shortly before making this post. He has no names, no hard evidence. Nothing but "memories" that this immortal has that can easily be fabricated with use of any text book.

I do think that there's a possibility of immortals living among us, but like it has been said before; what is the likelihood of one telling his life story to some dude, one who has documented everything. It's WAY too easy to get exposed. You don't live 2,800 years by spilling all your proverbial beans.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
"Maybe you know this already, but could you ask if he has ever gone by the name of Yahya?"

No, but he has met him.

"Does he reside anywhere near the region of Patmos? If he does, when did he first go there?"

No. I will ask him the next time I speak to him if he ever visited the region.

"There is one most beloved of Jesus Christ who must tarry until his return! Could this be something to do with this persons age?"

Maybe

"Can this person also perform miracles by chance?"

He says no, but I consider his whole life as a miracle.

Your welcome! Thanks for the great questions!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
"Don't take this personally, but I question the intentions of someone who is 2,800 years old and states that religious texts are basically right. "

He doesn't say that the books of the bible are 100% accurate; but he is suppose to be the "author" of 3 of the books and an eyewitness to the many of the events in the New Testament. He says he did not read most of the books in our modern day bible until these last 300 years.

Someday I would like a books comparing his eyewitness accounts to what is in our modern day Bibles. Although I am sure if I ever do, I will create quite a controversy.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by benabba

Something occurred to me that I want to ask about.

Has this immortal person always had the same body for the 2,800 years?

The reason I am asking is because I am wondering if he is a walk in and exchanges bodies every now and then.

I can't remember the name of the book or who wrote it, but a person suggested that John the Beloved of Christ (Yahya) is immortal but exchanges bodies.

If he is in his original body, then I have a few questions about that, such as does he have his original teeth? Does he ever get sick? What kind of diet is he on? Does he smoke and drink? Does he excersize? I guess I am wondering if he lives like the rest of us, or does he do anything different outside of just not believing in death.

Also, did he personally know Enoch or Elijah?

Thanks

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
"Has this immortal person always had the same body for the 2,800 years?"

Yes, that is why I am calling him an immortal.

"The reason I am asking is because I am wondering if he is a walk in and exchanges bodies every now and then."

I have seen no sign of that. From what i know of his history it sounds very unlikely.

"I can't remember the name of the book or who wrote it, but a person suggested that John the Beloved of Christ (Yahya) is immortal but exchanges bodies."

He met John the Baptist and is not aware of John the Baptist surviving his beheading. I will ask the next time we speak.

"If he is in his original body, then I have a few questions about that, such as does he have his original teeth? "

Yes and they are very ugly looking.

"Does he ever get sick?"

Depends on what you mean by sick. I have not seen him sick at all but he had told me he cut himself recently and did get a little drunk at his last birthday party.

"What kind of diet is he on?"

That's an entire book in itself. Simple answer is the Mediterranean Dist.

"Does he smoke and drink?"

He does not smoke, but if you ever have been in the Mediterranean area its pretty hard to socialize without getting lots of second hand smoke. He does drink wine.

"Does he exercise?"

Again, it depends on what you call exercise, but yes he walks everywhere.

"I guess I am wondering if he lives like the rest of us, or does he do anything different outside of just not believing in death."

Again, I have about 500 pages of writing to do to answer this question. Please be patient for me to get this all written down into some kind of readable English so I can give you the full story on this topic.

"Also, did he personally know Enoch or Elijah?

That's one of the questions that he has asked me not to answer. However I am persistent and am making it my life's work to get this part of the story out.

Thank you for the great questions

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by benabba

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The John I was speaking of is not John the Baptist, but John the disciple who also wrote some of the books in the New Testament. He is the one that Jesus Christ suggested to tarry until his return. John the disciple would have been called Yahya in Aramaic. As far as I know there is no actual record of the death of John the disciple, only speculation. John the disciple is also known as John of Patmos, as legend tells of him moving there after the death of Jesus to continue on with his ministry.

I was interested by the health questions as to whether or not he ever goes to a dentist or doctor, and it appears from your description of his teeth that he does not go to the dentist!

When things like him cutting himself happen, does he feel physical pain? Aslo, do his wounds heal quicker than an average person? By illness, I was wondering if he has ever had things like chicken pox, measels and such, as a normal person would.

What other sorts of miracles did this person see Jesus do? Was he present when Jesus resurrected Lazarus, for example?

Thanks

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
With all do respect this rings of a movie ive recently seen. Im not sure if it is posted here but Man From Earth is this exact story with some minor differences. The supposed immortal in that story claimed a closer relationship to christianity. (without giving up some details of the movie for those who may want to see it)

Use a critical eye with this imo.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I personally would love if immortality is possible. It would be interesting to meet an immortal, but then again it would be very hard for me to believe them. So many people have lied throughout history for their own reasons that the lines between truth and fiction have been greatly blurred.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I don't know any immortals and the rational side of my brain won't let me seriously consider the possibility of their existence.

That said, it is an interesting thread. Someone will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Bible told that Cain was banished from Eden and condemned by God to walk the earth for eternity. If so, that would be an example of an immortal being with divine inspiration.

Sticking with the Bible, the Old Testament makes mention that the life expectancy of individuals was much higher in antidiluvian times. People then lived for hundreds of years.

If you read some of the Eyptian timelines with a literal interpretation, you also receive evidence that the rulers reigned for hundreds of years.

How long will it be before we create true artificial intelligence and place it within an artificial lifeform capable of surviving an interdeterminate age? Might it be possible one day to download our consciousness and thereby cheat death?

Finally, there's the possibility of time-travel. The ability to move through time would present the appearance of immortality without the physical longevity.

Some interesting posts out there. Good topic.

Check out my blog: Esoterica in America

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join