It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there real immortals living among us?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
If they do/did exist, would it really matter?
An immortal person would still just be a person. The Buddha, however enlightened, was still a human being. He isn't immortal in the sense of the carrying on his physical body, but has been immortal for more than 2000 years through words and spirit.
If someone is immortal in the sense this thread mentions, they seem to hide that fact and thus really don't provide any known influence directly to you in a way that is relevant. Physically immortal or not, as I said, they're still a person in a human body just like you or me.

Recently two great medical advances have been made in the past two months, 1. reversing the aging process of cells, (successful in rats and warming up to begin human trails), 2. successful reproduction of adult stem cells. These advances themselves could be the scientific cocktail for the fountain of life and everyone on this forum could potentially live as long as they please.

The amount of time an individual lives doesn't matter, it's what one decides to do with the time that is given to them.(Gandalf, anyone?)

Edit: typo.
edit on 21-4-2014 by Ouroboros21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: benabba

I don't know if you are still investigating this, as this is from seven years ago, but I could offer a new perspective. I am not of a great age. But I seem unable to die, I have fallen 80+ft and survived, been hit by a bus twice and once swallowed 500 sleeping pills and woke up the next morning feeling nothing but mild nausea. Get back to me if you are still interested in the topic of it.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: iwillnotapologise

wow you've been round the bend and through the grinder. I have a theory as to why you haven't, you don't 'think' about it in a fearful way, subconsciously it's not something you worry about at all. I never get sick, and i've always believed it was because i just don't care, i don't worry about sickness disease or much of anything. Death doesn't scare me in the least.

I first read about the Jansenists in a book i bought 10 yrs ago called 'the holographic universe'. It's an interesting read, there's many many accounts of such, from various people living and deceased witnessed by others, things that defy reality as we know it here. Things that shouldn't happen yet, do.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I have never thought of that possibility, here on Earth nowadays, but I have recently started wondering if there is not some sort of immortal high-tech humanity that is somehow on another timeline, outside watching down and manipulating our more physical and mortal reality. Sort of like what was depicted in Interstellar at the end, or in the book Eon - some weird timeline distortion involving a split or duplicate of specific people but in the equivalent of an Artificial Intelligence matrix of sorts.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: iwillnotapologise
we should speak. soon,

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I would not like to watch my children grow up, grow old, and die, their children grow up, grow old, and die...

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
This unsurprisingly reminds me of vampires (I prefer the Anne Rice type, not the glittery ones), and also of the book The Master and Margarita. I would definitely check it out if you haven't already. A Professor Woland (who turns out to be the devil) describes his encounters with Pontius Pilate 2,000 years after the fact. In the novel, God is dead. The Devil is immortal. If he does exists, I'm sure immortality is involved.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

True, the Ben-Abba.com site does not work. You can google his name and a lot of sites will pop up now. (Wordpress, blogspot, etc.)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

There is this myth about "The Wandering Jew" who bullied the cross carying Jesus Christ, he was doomed to wander until the second coming

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Larking for reading later

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I have stumbled upon Ben Abba as a guest under Red Star Kachina 2017.
Link: youtu.be...

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join