It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there real immortals living among us?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
And if they do; what could they tell us about the history of our civilization?

If such a person, a real person, exists, that has seen many years of history, what would the history they experienced be like compared to the history we have all been told about? What questions would you ask someone who is 120 years old? Or someone 200 years old? Or maybe someone who has lived more than 500 years? What if you met someone that has lived more than 1,000 years?

I beleive that I have successfully located and made contact with a man whose age is nearly 2,800 years old.

The gentleman that I have made friends with has spent most of his life in the various countries that surround the Mediterranean Sea. And yes, he was living near Jerusalem around 2,000 years ago. How I found this amazing man is a long story that would take a book just to describe all of the details. For now, let me just say that I used my unique researching skills to find this special man. Although, I have not found any hard, scientific data to prove he is more than 100 years old, as I spoke with him, the eyewitness accounts of 2,800 years of history which he described make it difficult to believe he is anything but an immortal.

My goals for posting this topic on this forum are this:

(1) Present the possibility that real, physical immortals exist

(2) Find others who may have experienced meeting similar people in their lives..

(3) Find some additional questions to ask these immortals the next time I get the chance to meet with them.

I have put together a blog where I am blogging my experiences with people 500 years and older, including this special man whom I believe is nearly 2,800 at www.secretsofanimmortal.com... .

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I think it would be silly to not at least consider the possibility of people like this. Cool thread, I hope you find more.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Nice commercial for your site.

Any true immortals are NOT going to be admitting it to you or anyone else for that matter. Thats part of the HOW they live so long......

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
can you imagine how boring life would get after a couple thousand years of existence? I don't dispute that there may be immortal beings living around us but man that has to be the most dull and hum drum life one could lead.

Imagine this. You have literally seen it all...

you can't get into a relationship, or you probably wouldn't want to cause inevitably you would get exposed because your spouse would grow old but you wouldn't. Of course there is the really depressing point of that person that you have grown fond of and loved dying. That has to suck and make one give up on the idea after a while.

can you imagine if your injured or incapacitated and still have to live?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by benabba

By any chance is the person you are talking about the Count of St. Germain? He seems to be found every couple of centuries.

He was supposedly at the wedding where Christ turned water into wine.

I find this interesting because I at one time was in contact with a person who claimed to be his neice. She said there is some sort of family curse in relation to all of this, and she is in contact constantly with a dark entity.

Legend tells that he never eats a meal in public, but retains his relatively young looks, for being thousands of years old.

If this is not who you mean, will you give a name?

Edit to add:

Also about this neice. She died suddenly this past year. She was instructed by the dark entity to give psychic readings to people and explained to everyone that the messages were coming from a dark entity. She said that if she even missed one day of readings, she would be struck ill, by way of intense headaches.

She had gone to Italy, not sure why. She was found dead in the hotel room with the doors locked from the inside. No entry through a window as she was several stories up. She was found looking as though she was in peaceful sleep. Not a mark on her body, however, it was found that every single bone in her body was crushed on the inside, yet there was not a bruise to be found. She was 28 years old.

If your contact is St. Germain, would you ask if he knows the story behind this? Her name was Veronica.

Thanks

[edit on 8-1-2008 by Enthralled Fan]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I fugre there's an exception to every rule, death being among them, but I'd have to get some pretty good proof that the fellow is as old as he says.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Don't have much to say besides that you'll need more information to back up your claim of finding and meeting this man. And did you happen to just watch "The Last Man on Earth"? If by chance you haven't, check it out, you'll love it.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Enthralled Fan, Benabba-

documents? pics? proof?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Can you post an abridged version of this man's story?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Theres a genetic trigger that causes aging so all it would take for an immortal to exist would be the birth of somebody with a genetic code that stops the aging gene at a certain age. these people would still die just the same as any normal human though if they were killed or in an accident but if they were smart and avoided dangerous situations they could potentially live forever.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I personaly do not belive that immortality can be acheaved untill this days, but history have a some good "Legends" related to this subject.

One of the moust talked ones was The Count of saint-Germain.
"always yung", nobody remebers him to have any sign of age, and his death was a hoax because several people had see him again after more then 100 years. If i am remeber well the book i red about him, nobody ever seen eating or drinking i think...weird person. any way, some links for you mates.

Count of Saint-Germain

Wikki Count of Saint - Germain

The immortal count

A scientific aproach to Immortality

[edit on 8/1/08 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Christ told me the secret of the resurrection once, but I got drunk and forgot it...

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by benabba

I actually know someone who, for a number of reasons, I've suspected has lived a lot longer than a normal person. Since he is a friend and denies it (yes, I've asked him seriously based on some things that made it a reasonable question), I will respect his answer and not post any more about him.

I also found this link from another recent thread about contagious cancer of a cell line that originated as cancer in wolves and has spread, absolutely unchanged through the world's population of dogs, for somewhere between 250 to 1000 years. The original cancer cells have changed from cells in the wolve's body to a parasite that continues to stably clone itself indefinitely.
www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I believe it could maybe possible.
I sevrely doubt any such individuals would want any of us mere mortals to know, though. Lots of doctors would be tripping over themselves to get to biopsy such a person (maybe vivisect), the rich would be tripping over themselves to get a shot at "immortality" treatments, as would companies be tripping over themselves to be able to sell such a thing. Otherwords not a smart move for a immortal.
Though with security getting tighter and tighter (identification) they (he/she) would PROBLY be getting rather nervous.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

You make a good point WraothAscendant in this day and age of computerized identification it would be much harder for someone that was immortal to keep hidden. Fingerprint records, DNA, your typical drivers license or passport.

Imagine if you will you are immortal you have a birth certificate made circa 1945, that would only last you a good 30 or 40 years before you would have to create another one just so that you can get your license renewed. I think the sign would be when the person at the dmv comments on how young you look.

then what would happen if such a person was given life in prison without the possibility of parole? Man talk about a sentence!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by radiodjguy

Could probly spend a few years coming up with an escape plan and making the guards think they were a "good convict".

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
anything else you could tell us about this 2800 year old man?
it could be a hoax, he may just be a historian?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The topic reminds me of the film Unbreakable. I'm sure you've all seen it as it is roughly 7 years old now. Anyway, in that film, Bruce Willis plays an immortal. Well an 'unbreakable' I guess is more accurate. He's not a vampire or anything mysterious like that. He's just an average guy who goes throughout his life not knowing he's 'unbreakable' until he suffers a train accident. Everybody dies on the train and he walks away from it without a scratch.

It got me thinking about this film last year actually, as it appeared on tv once again. The film got me thinking that if you were 'unbreakable', you might not know until such an event like that happened. Bruce Willis didn't suffer from illness in his life or colds etc. Would you wonder why you never had a cold if you were 'unbreakable'? I'm sure it wouldn't enter your head and you would live your life say after day just thinking you're a lucky guy, never coming down with an illness. If you never suffer from anything, you wouldn't give it a second thought would you?

Anyway, sticking to the film, Samuel L Jackson plays the opposite to Bruce Willis. He suffers from brittle bones. He has done all his life. So brittle are his bones, that any fall leaves him in plaster casts and wheelchair bound until his body mends itself. I believe it's called osteogenesis imperfecta, and is a medical condition. SO IT EXISTS.

Now, this leads me onto the theory put forward by the film. If people in the world exist with osteogenesis imperfecta, then (if you believe everything has an opposite,) there should be people out there who are 'unbreakable' right?

It's a possibility and such a possibility that people who are 'immortal,' could be out there living their lives not even knowing the fact. Possibly, maybe...?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
i, for one, would like to hear more about this 2800 year old dude..... his last name isn't MacLeod, is it?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nick Nightstalker
i, for one, would like to hear more about this 2800 year old dude..... his last name isn't MacLeod, is it?
may be is rockefeller lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join