It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there real immortals living among us?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Newhorizon
Might be of interest to note that in the Bible in the Old Testament when mentioning the "family tree" and tracking the decendants of Adam and Eve all the people have ages listed in the hundreds. How old did Noah and the the men before him live to be?

Either that or the guys who crafted the bible had a different idea of what an actual "year" was.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51
reply to post by The time lord

Could the holy city mean Vatican City? They would be well protected there.

I am not sure because it is never discussed fully and not many people remember this passage and it has never been explained. They could have lived for a few years and died off again. Guess it's a bit like 'Indiana Jones and the last Crusade' where they find that night's templer still alive.
We do not know yet of the facts and I think it must be temporary as history would have mentioned them. They could have changed the world by now if they were around.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapacious

Originally posted by Newhorizon
Might be of interest to note that in the Bible in the Old Testament when mentioning the "family tree" and tracking the decendants of Adam and Eve all the people have ages listed in the hundreds. How old did Noah and the the men before him live to be?

Either that or the guys who crafted the bible had a different idea of what an actual "year" was.

Not really as it makes sense because the atmosphere was pure, no seasons or rain during the day and animals could grow big as they too lived longer. Scientists admit that the air was better during the time of the dinosaures and a lot ritcher. Both statements from science and the Bible make sense, but the animals were there before man as the Bible explains too anyway.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Clearly this is just an ad for the OP's website. There are now pages of comments and questions, and while the OP has visited ATS as recently as yesterday, has not contributed any further to this thread.

Just thought I would point this out to people who still feel a need to contribute!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
...yeah, nice thread.
I watched the man from Earth last week too...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Anyone here old enough to remember an old TV series called "The Immortal"?

TimeLord..you asked about those that came out of their graves at the time of the resurrection. Those raised from the dead also fall into that category. I remember an old message at church that stated they simply died again..Maybe also they were gathered at the ascension. For all you SciFi fans out there that are thinking "yuck" aren't they decomposed and look like zombies..........I doubt it..so maybe they got "glorified bodies" able to last forever in heaven. I know I need one..arthritus, old sports injuries..plain old age catching up..

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I just finished watching The Man From Earth, and it was pretty good.

The acting near the last 4-5 minutes where..

*SPOILER ALERT*

Art died due to a heart attack was a bit mediocre.

Overall, the film was good. Very thought provoking.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hyzera

I found the entire movie enjoyable but the ending felt very rushed to me and didn't wrap things up properly. worth watching though!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Well, if this guy met an immortal man, at least he could tell us something interesting from history that he has learned from his conversations with supposed immortal man. The guy's blog goes on and on about what if and how amazing and how he can't reveal anything, but delivers no substance as to what he has learned.

The Romans had indoor plumbing over a thousand years ago, and orgies and gladiator fights, the middle ages must have really sucked after that, especially after the plague when people weren't bathing regularly. I gather this immortal must be Mediterranean, but in violent times, wondering outside of ones racial/ethnic group must have been pretty dicey, so how much of the other world could he safely venture through. Traveling alone in areas where you were a stranger, especially with any kind of wealth had to be very dangerous through most of the last two thousand years. Each time he shed his old life for a new one to avoid people recognizing his lack of aging must have put this person in considerable danger. He would probably have to move every twenty years to avoid suspicion. In world where a large city held 50 to 150 thousand people, disappearing would be pretty difficult. Especially if one brought wealth to the new location.

If you had kids, how do you explain to your son when he is thirty and getting old, like most did in more barbaric times, that you haven't aged since he was a child. What about grandchildren? This would have created some real problems with enjoying immortal life. Then again, wouldn't there be good chance that your children would inherit your remarkable abilities? It sure seems like this kind of trait would be something that could be passed down through the generations. Seems that it wouldn't be long before the world was mainly inhabited by people who did not age, or enough to enslave us mere mortals. Then again, maybe immortality would come with sterility, when projecting, why leave such options open.

Would scars heal to the point where they disappeared or would you become one huge scar? Wouldn't the body need some sort of special ability to repair itself. Chances of getting into accidents over the centuries, serious enough to result in broken bones would eventually lead to an existence of being crippled. How could the body mend bones that weren't set properly in the first place? What about the odds of amputation? In more violent times, it seems that fights with blades would be inevitable, not to mention marching off to fight wars. It is one thing to believe that the body could keep reproducing itself in a manner that defies aging, but mending badly broken bones, or improperly set bones, re-growing severed limbs, and fighting off infections from serious wounds, seems to be beyond reason, and avoiding serous accidents in a violent world century after century seems to be beyond reason as well. Seems anti-aging would have to come with amazing healing powers, like Wolverine in the X men to extend life beyond more than a few centuries.

I guess the brain would dump memories that went out of usage, like languages no longer spoken, so that you could continue to learn new things, and you would have to be able to continually adapt with civilization to survive.

I guess the best bet would be to become some sort of merchant, a sailor, and a trader. This would expand your ability to explore the world and disappear. Even so, keeping just a few close friends for more than a dozen years would be difficult. If there were more than one immortal, in say the Mediterranean, it seems that eventually they would get to know each other, and become close friends out of necessity. Hmm, maybe the Phoenicians were a society of immortals?

Of course there is always alcoholism, and drug addiction, the urge to show off to mere mortals, play god, grab a little bit of fame now and then. It seems like every few centuries you would go completely insane.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Thank you Enralled Fan.

I can tell you that he is not "St Germain"; however at this moment I do not have permission to give any of his real names. I can tell you that one of his real names does appear in the Old Testament, Torah, & Koran.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by vertexc
come on guys, lets get serius about this
this is a very good topic, i have never though about it, u know, like a real thing
it could be posible? maybe...(ask big foot about it)
one thing is for sure, and that is that i would like to meet a person or talk to a person more older than 2,000 years, imagine that, the whole modern human history, music, science, a man that knows everything...
i wanna know more about it, please keep posting

Thank you Vertex for the post!

Will Do!

Can you give me a question that you would ask such a person if you ever came in contact with him? I am seeking such questions from this forums.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
reply to post by benabba

are there real immortals living amongst us?--------yes! the angels are immortal----both types---the evil fallen angels that cant be seen and the angels of G-D that can and sometimes do manifest themselves as human men.examples genesis 18 and 19 ------joshua 5:13-15 joshua 6:1-5---the Messiah used to come down to earth and manifest Himself as a man when He thought the occasion required His presence--hopefully 2012 He will come back again.

Are you aware that there are human immortals listed in the Bible as well?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Does he remember Jesus' face dstinctly?
and which modern portrayal best suits him?
people depict him with a beard and brown hair, others say like that of the egyptians.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by communicator
You did ot say Immortal humans... so here you go for the immortal species:

Turritopsis nutricula jellyfish — After becoming a sexually mature adult, the jellyfish Turritopsis nutricula can transform itself back into a child (the polyp stage) using the cell conversion process of transdifferentiation. The Turritopsis nutricula repeats this cycle, meaning that it may have an indefinite lifespan, though it can be killed.[1]

Bacteria (as a colony) — Although they can be killed by antibiotics, radiation, or starvation, bacteria, as a colony, appear to never age. Bacteria reproduce through cell division. A parent bacterium splits itself into two identical daughter cells. These daughter cells then split themselves in half. This process repeats, thus making the bacterium colony essentially immortal. However, a bacterium, as an individual, is mortal since it “dies” when it divides in half.
Recent research, however, suggests that even bacteria as a colony may eventually die since each succeeding generation is slightly smaller, weaker, and more likely to die than the previous.[2]

Source

Interesting article about this topic:

"Wild nature can give numerous examples of immortality and programmed death without any visible reasons. Bacteria can live forever in laboratory conditions. Cancer cell lines, which were made 100 years ago, are still alive. Cloning plants are immortal too. There are certain bird species that die without any indications of senescence, when they lose the reproductive capacity. "

More of this article can be found here:
english.pravda.ru...

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

This immortal has experienced many full lives interspersed with years of years of just raising a family.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grinder

Originally posted by benabba
And if they do; what could they tell us about the history of our civilization?

If such a person, a real person, exists, that has seen many years of history, what would the history they experienced be like compared to the history we have all been told about? What questions would you ask someone who is 120 years old? Or someone 200 years old? Or maybe someone who has lived more than 500 years? What if you met someone that has lived more than 1,000 years?

I beleive that I have successfully located and made contact with a man whose age is nearly 2,800 years old.

The gentleman that I have made friends with has spent most of his life in the various countries that surround the Mediterranean Sea. And yes, he was living near Jerusalem around 2,000 years ago. How I found this amazing man is a long story that would take a book just to describe all of the details. For now, let me just say that I used my unique researching skills to find this special man. Although, I have not found any hard, scientific data to prove he is more than 100 years old, as I spoke with him, the eyewitness accounts of 2,800 years of history which he described make it difficult to believe he is anything but an immortal.

My goals for posting this topic on this forum are this:

(1) Present the possibility that real, physical immortals exist

(2) Find others who may have experienced meeting similar people in their lives..

(3) Find some additional questions to ask these immortals the next time I get the chance to meet with them.

I have put together a blog where I am blogging my experiences with people 500 years and older, including this special man whom I believe is nearly 2,800 at www.secretsofanimmortal.com... .

Dear benabba

If you didn`t know, by now, all living things are immortal.

Mortal physically yes, but spiritually no.

I have had a few conscious "out of body" experiences a while ago and well that changed my life and way of thinking.

From of I have learned about my experiences and book reading, all souls ready to re incarnate into a physical body must "drink" water from "le fleuve de l`éthée", witch is a river in the astral realm and by drinking this you automatically forget your past lives for your new physical body.

All new re incarnations must drink this water so all living things, earth bound, will not remember about their past lives. No exceptions.

When we die, we will remember all our past lives and the path we must take for our next one. It`s like filling up a library full of books. Once your library is full of existences, or human lives, you will be promoted to a new expansion of life form, with extra intelligence and bringing you a bit closer to God.

I think maybe like an extra terrestrial ?

So remember benabba, we are all immortal but not allowed to remember our past.

I hope this teaches you a bit about the subject.

Take care.

Grinder

I know we are all immortal spiritually, but now I am starting to believe that we all have the option of becoming immortal physcially.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by offtheheezay
I find it amazing to see someone convert water into wine, or even have seen jesus' face!
I don't assume this is anyone from any different race.
how many years before a.d 1 was adam around ?

i can imagine this man as somehwat of a biblical figure.
Where did you learn these research skills?

[edit on 8-1-2008 by offtheheezay]

learn many different places; including remote viewing. I will detail more on my advanced researching techniques on my main blog at www.ben-abba.com

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
I'd just like to know at around what age do these "immortals" stop aging. I mean is it in there 20's, in there 80's, no set age? Cause if I lived to be 90 or so THEN stopped aging, I'd be really bummed. I'd want to stop aging around 18 years old. But you never hear of "immortals" who are teenagers do you?

The few that I have met appear to look like 60 year men. However hey have no problem meeting young ladies every 150 years or so and start up a new families. Obviously the mojo is immortal too!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jca2005
Why post this if you won't tell us how you found him, or have any kind of proof? So you can eat up on points?

I am posting the answers to these questions asI have time on my main blog at Ben-Abba.com

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by benabba

benabba,

Thanks for answering my question.

Since this person has a name in the three religious books you mentioned, I would like to know if this person has a religious preference.

You mentioned him having time outs to raise a family on occasion. Are any of his offspring immortal also?

As for questions to this person:

What is the most amazing thing this person has witnessed in 2,800 years?

What is the worst thing this person has witnessed?

How does this person feel about humanity as a whole after all this time?

I am also wondering if this person became immortal due to a chemical discovery, or if they were sentenced to an earthly existance from God due to some sort of sin?

Personally, I am leaning towards some sort of punishment for a sin, since you mentioned all 3 Holy Books.

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join