It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

!!!Mars Blue Sky & Water!!!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Just looks like a false-color image to me.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mageofzhalfir

It is a false colour image because it is made with three different images, each taken with its own auto settings. Because of this we can not know if the true colour image would have more or less red, green or blue, but this is the closest to a true colour image we can get.

I will try to re-create that image using the raw, unprocessed, images and see if it looks different.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Here it is.

This was made with the original, not level-adjusted (as far as I know) IMG files, and as you can see it makes a difference in the final look.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Hi ArMap, thanks for showing us the blue skies on Mars. Many think of the skies of Mars with a slight red tint and we know that it would only be red if it were a sunset or there was a sand or dust storm on Mars. Rik Riley

[edit on 27-3-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jibbs

Did nasa take some pictures of the oregon/idaho high desert? THat is exactly what that looks like. And what you call water is really just a mirage like trick of heat vapors and lack of atmoshpere spatial refraction

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I guess anybody who has Photoshop or some other image editing program can tweak it however they want to satisfy their own beliefs. A tiny little adjustment, pretend the sun is shining a little brighter than it actually is, bump the saturation just a bit, and, hey that greyish sky sure looks blue. Whatever.

Cold, dead, dark planet covered with dull rocks. All the fantasies turned out to be just that. Some people just can't let it go.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Red skies at night, red skies at night
Should have taken warning
It's just, people mourning, running, hiding, lost
You can't find, find a place to go
So it's red skies at night, red skies at night
Someone's taking over
And it looks like they're aiming right at you
Someone says, "We'll be dead by morning"
Someone cries, leaving
Red eyes at night, red eyes at night
Oh, wo oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Red skies at night, red skies at night, red skies at night (4x)
Red [echo]
Skies [echo]
At [echo]
Night
Wo oh, wo oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Wo oh, wo oh oh oh oh oh

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stumpy1
Did nasa take some pictures of the oregon/idaho high desert? THat is exactly what that looks like.

Hell NO It was NEVADA and I have proof

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Good job ArMaP and it looks like the lighting level is pretty well right on as well

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yes, the light looks much more natural on the IMG files than on the JPEG files.

Apparently NASA likes to make the rovers' photos look like they were taken on a bright sunny day on Earth, and they increase the contrast on the photos, making small details less visible.

That is one of the reasons I like to use those images, too bad they are some months behind the JPEGs posted on the rovers site.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Lotlatino

www.nasa.gov...
check that out is that really mars?
forgive me but just checked the site and first pic i came upon was this, that's definitely water or some liquid, is it definitely mars?

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Matteredminds]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Matteredminds

That is Mars alright someone has enhanced the color of the water. NASA has airbrushed out the Martonians, larger humanoids, on the far side near the edge of the water. Rik Riley

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

But i thought they were no water on Mars?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

NASA wants you to believe that there is no water on Mars of any quantity. Although there is plenty of water near the poles and under the subsurface of Mars. We are not being told the truth about life on Mars where there is water there is usually life.

Most think little or no oxygen exists on Mars do not kid yourself the life forms on Mars do not have to breath the same mixture of gases as we do on Earth. Lakes do exist on Mars everything is sanitized, air brushed, better known as masked before you see the photos presented by NASA of the surface of Mars.

Although I do appreciate what NASA presents to us from Mars but you must realize they are instructed by higher ups to not divulge the truth about life on Mars. Rik Riley

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Well, i herd from somewhere that the US is already on mars. With people. There are plants, animals, suficiant o2 levels to live there. There are humans there from secret space missions. I only heard this.

I will attempt to photoshop-repair an image of mars later

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I dont actually see any airbrushed areas. Can you be more descriptive or something?

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by shiman

No problem go to high res JPEG (400Kb) on photo. Look directly across the pond you will see that it has been masked. You will see a darker hue or coloring and hardly any clarity in other words hazy. On the closest side of the pond you will see detail of the surface and away from the water on the other side you will see detail of the surface. There is you answer. Rik Riley

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

As far as I know that is Mars, at least that is what NASA has always said, that the rovers are on Mars and that those photos are from the rovers, in this case from Spirit.

And I don't think that is any liquid, but dunes made from a very fine sand.

If you compare the photo from Sol 1448 (the one used to make that false colour image) with a photo from Sol 1497 you will see that the dunes are on the same place, so they are not ripples or waves on a liquid.

With a little animation this is more visible.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Well, sorry. I kinda have bad eyes. But i noticed a very suspicious looking, good sized, blue square in the middle of the sand pond

[edit on 29-3-2008 by shiman]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Have people forgetten the Viking mission pictures where it clearly shows that the sky is blue..

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join