It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

!!!Mars Blue Sky & Water!!!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
hey guys our little humanoid friend is getting alot of attention lol, the web site for the peruvian country. www.peru.com

they have put in an article about it here

peru.com...

it is in spanish they say this was discovered by "amature astronomers" lol i guess i'm an amature austronomer lol. anyhow if you understand spanish go ahead and read it kinda interesting. they also say that NASA haven't made any major comments about the object and that they simply said they image was taken with pancam filters and it was taken in Gusev Crater.......

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
lol guys after my last port here i went to the weather channel web site to check out the weather for work tommorow and they also have the object there lol check it out here

www.weather.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If you try to equalize the Mars images of the chips, to the pic taken by the digital camera (in Zorgon's post above), you will have to color compensate so that it looks more like this (roughly)

When you apply same curves to the alleged Mars' panorama, you get this:

Doesn't look too blue to me...

[edit on 24-1-2008 by buddhasystem]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

That is what I have been saying for some time, the original photos are only from two filters, and because of that, there is no way of getting near true colour.

From one the Sols used to create that large panorama, Sol 1368, there are some smaller photos from more than one filter, so I grabbed the photos from L4, L5 and L6 and created the following composite, near true colour, image.

Edit:
Some days before, on Sol 1359.
Sol 1359

[edit on 24/1/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lotlatino
lol guys after my last port here i went to the weather channel web site to check out the weather for work tommorow and they also have the object there lol check it out here

With the usual main stream media 'tone' attached

However it IS making mainstream news.

And while the Lemmings are still arguing the color I am going to hunt for other views of that area

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
You know that I have no problem with blue skies on Mars and the colours of the Martian rocks, I have posted some of "my" near true colour composites.

Yes I know you believe in the Blue Skies of Barsoom... and the water

So lets get on with finding the "Humanoid" in other images of the area and see if we can calculate an actual size based on the distortion of the panoramic view.

I am thinking its bigger than one might think... Looks like its on the edge of the ridge to me...

Dae

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
And while the Lemmings are still arguing the color I am going to hunt for other views of that area

Lemmings huh? You are quite arrogant and I dont know if you have always been this way on ATS but Ive only just noticed it in the last few months. You need to stop putting people down and back up your statements with less 'eye-rolling'.

Are you hunting for other views with the rover YOU sent to Mars? Or is this gonna be more NASA pics that you decided are truthful?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dae

Yeah, Z is arrogant. He also is very tongue-in-cheek...

I tease him about his poor spelling, he teases me about being an English teacher (I am not). Point is, I have him on my 'friends' list because...while I do not always agree with him, I nevertheless want to see what he contributes to these disussions.

We can either simmer in our own juices, or we can expand our horizons and get out there and learn something new.

*edit to add...also, Z has more than 141,000 ATS points...I think his credibility is evident.*

[edit on 24-1-2008 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dae
Are you hunting for other views with the rover YOU sent to Mars?

Most certainly
With the 3.5 TRILLION the Government can't account for alone... I am sure every cent of Taxes I ever paid is wrapped up in that little machine...

As to the arrogance... goes with the Crown

Have found the dates to look at though... it used its panoramic camera (Pancam) to take the images used in this view on sols 1,366 through 1,369 (Nov. 6 through Nov. 9, 2007)

Here is a high res tiff version for those who can handle it 133 Megs

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

Or a high res Jpeg a little bigger than the OP
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here is the closeup from the Tiff version

So I narrowed down the dates the image section that has the figure in it were taken on Sol 1367...

You can find them here (across the top row)
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

I made three image clips from the regular set..

2P247720425EFFAWCCP2415L5M1

2P247720343EFFAWCCP2415R1M1

2P247720343EFFAWCCP2415L7M1

And here is the collection page...

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Great find Lotlatino

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lotlatino
it is in spanish they say this was discovered by "amature astronomers" lol i guess i'm an amature austronomer lol. anyhow if you understand spanish go ahead and read it kinda interesting. they also say that NASA haven't made any major comments about the object and that they simply said they image was taken with pancam filters and it was taken in Gusev Crater.......

Yes, and they also state that the photo was captured by the SPIRIT rover between November 6th and November 9th and it was taken at the edge of the rock formation named "Home Plate" inside Gusev crater.

It also says that the photo is a panoramic photo looking torwards the West and that it's a composition of "separate" pictures taken with different PanCam filters.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by musikman

You could also look at the post just above this one I am responding to

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Oh, I get it now...the Martians are 4 inches tall, and made of rock! Rock creatures...like one of the Fantastic Four!

OH. but they move very slowly, since we see the same pic....guess we have nothing to fear here. Move along, nothing to see....

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
OH. but they move very slowly, since we see the same pic....guess we have nothing to fear here. Move along, nothing to see....
Why do you say that they move very slowly?

What did you use as a time and position reference to have a idea of its speed?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Sorry, ArMaP

It was a very feeble attempt at humor.

Guess my point was, this rock formation was photographed, and the 'figure' did not move.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I thought so.

But don't worry, you were right!

The first photo, taken with filter L7, was taken 49 seconds before the second, taken with filter L2. The third photo used to make the colour image used on the panorama was taken with filter L533 seconds after the second photo.

So, there was a difference of 82 seconds between the first and the last photo, and it did not moved (probably because it is just a rock
).

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

LOL! A rock is just a rock, unless it begins to resemble a figure. A cloud is just a cloud, until it begins to resemble a lamb. A pattern of stars in the night sky begin to resemble...well, you can use your imagination. Oh, wait! It's already been done, centuries ago.

We evolved, as a species, to see patterns...that is one reason why we remember faces so well. And why we see humanoid figures, when it is a mere suggestion...

I daresay, I could look at dozens of Chimp faces, and none of them would jump out as distinct. On the otherhand, I could look at dozens of human faces, and remember them very well. I suppose, if the experiment were turned around, the Chimp would have the opposite experience.

Just an opinion...not sure if it relates to this thread...

Oh!! I know! It does relate, because it is about how we, as humans, see things, and try to find a pigeon-hole to put those observations into in order to make sense of our surroundings. Sound familiar?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
So, there was a difference of 82 seconds between the first and the last photo, and it did not moved (probably because it is just a rock
).

I thought you would like that picture set ArMaP

JUST a rock? with that much detail? Carved by Nature? LOL That rock would be priceless if it hit the market here, never mind it came from Mars...

As I said no imagination

And Herr Weedwacker needs to prove his outrageous claim that it is only 4 inches high... can't just make a statement like that without backup data
(and I don't want to hear "Nasa says..."

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
I thought you would like that picture set ArMaP
I like it, it has many rocks.

JUST a rock? with that much detail? Carved by Nature? LOL That rock would be priceless if it hit the market here, never mind it came from Mars...

That is why I did this "composition". I copied the "figure", pasted it in front of one of the rocks, rotated it 20º counter-clockwise and resized it to 200% to make it more visible.

Do you see why I think is just a rock?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Here's a theory. We all know john's views on all the planets in the solar system being inhabited?? I find accounting for UFO's sighted on earth as coming from planets in our own solar sytem a lot more plausable than they are coming from millions of light years away?? Anybody else agree?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wellsybelieves

I also find it more plausible, regardless of the opinion of other people about the existence of life on other solar system planets, and even more plausible than that that they come from Earth.

[edit on 28/1/2008 by ArMaP]

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join