It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Object In Space! And It's Not The ISS!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Star and flag for this.

This is a good image. The optics and the method was sound also. Great find.

I can't help but reference all the other such images of weired amorphous object in images I have seen, even from orbit by NASA. This is a class of objects that have been present in high and low orbits. I have no idea other than science-fiction type concepts for what they are, but I believe they are actually there and have been seen.

Check this for comparison:

This space anomaly The "Space Sea-Horse" was photographed during Apollo XI flight on June 16, 1969. This object was considered unidentifiable by the NASA Photo Interpretation Lab. (NASA Photo #AS11-36-5319)

Maybe plasma beings found a way to travel from there world to check out the funny monkeys on the blue planet?

If sentience is as universal as biological life forms, there are countless such species in layers of active stellar surfaces and other space objects. Maybe even beings that live on a Neutron Star in time shifted dimensions or something.

I really dont doubt this could be something wondrous. There are just too many unknowns. We are young and still just waking up to the reality of our little universe.

BTW, being an photographer, astronomical illustrator and an amateur astronomer I see no technical problems with the spec on this. Not the Space Station though or other distortions would be seen in frame.

Nice find, good photography!

ZG

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Bad post, SRY

[edit on 1/5/2008 by ZeroGhost]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
looks like an organism.
It resembles some critter in a game that i play
man a video would have been better

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Easy folks easy! What you are looking at could be anything. And I mean anything. Looks to me like a giant "Hello Kitty" float got away from a parade and somehow made it into orbit. Geez, I gotta get back into astronomy. "Space Sea Horse"? Looks like "Space Lens Smudge" to me.

Im gonna do some digging as this subject is beyond good fiction. If one has the expertise and the money and I mean at least ten grand just to get started then you can build a first rate camera telescope rig that will deliver clarity that will knock your socks off.

Hmmmm...

Alot of you may have noticed the uber paranoid "Whats above us?" thread on Rense. If the guy taking the photos is as good as he is said to be then these photos would be ten times better. When I was a much younger Strapping Young Lad I blew a couple grand on a pair of BINOCULARS that I could see the surface of the moon with in near perfect crisp clarity.

Yes they were absolutely huge and always required a stand or tripod. Why do I feel like one of the only ppl here thats ever opened up a couple of issues of Astronomy magazine?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Strapping Young Lad

Are you "one" or "the only"? (Your last sentence was confusing, but to be expected.) Perhaps you would care to read some in the Space Exploration forum before you start trashing people here. You'll find that there are many folks with differing levels of astronomical (both senses of the word) expertise.

But then, you couldn't sound so condescending if you did that, could you?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
It's a mouse, squirrel, or rodent of some sort eating something:

Just tilt your heads to the left on the original image.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Here's another of those objects photographed by Michael MacLaughlin. Could it be the ISS? According to him, the settings showed the ISS to be much smaller, faster moving, and in the wrong direction!

And this is what the ISS looks like:

Courtesy: TheLivingMoon

Cheers!

[edit on 5-1-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

Hi ZeroGhost!

You're right! All this stuff just goes to show how little we really know of what the hecks going on!

Strange shapes, stranger objects that resemble biological entities in space! Sounds like pure science fiction, but then there ARE things out there that we know very little about!

Have you checked out this thread Alien Creatures In Space! You may find it interesting!

As a sample, here's something that does seem to be a biological entity!

NASA footage from the space shuttle

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Wasn't there an Asteroid heading towards Mars? Although it looks like it's entering some type of orbit, "re-entry incineration stage" it's definately some firey object.

Maybe that object is "was" in OUR orbit?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Long exposure + Flimsy Stand + No Tracking Device (GoTo)

=

Funny pictures & bad astronomy.

These look very much like the Lenard nonsense which is actively shunned upon on ATS after a long and hard debunking process. The only difference between these "objects" (which could be anything) and Lenard's craft are simply:

Less detail.

I wouldn't be surprised if this person is just another incarnation of Lenard seeing as how he is notorious for alias hopping. The best being his attempt to disguise himself as Michio Kaku, got to love that one!

[edit on 6-1-2008 by Donoso]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I always use a tripod when I'm shooting night sky anomalies. I must have 50+ photos with this movement pattern, and I know it's not MY CAMERA that's moving--it's the erratic movement of the object I'm catching.

When something is entering our dimension, or coming out of a Time-Folded jump, I think it's entirely possible that it "wobbles" (for lack of a better term) when it slows down in our gravity. I'm ot a scientific expert ... but let's face it -- speculation is about the best any of us can get, because the REAL scientists won't touch these subjects with a 100-foot-pole. They're afraid they will lose their funding, or their credability.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CynCritter

Welcome to ATS CynCritter.

Do you know how to post pictures here ?

If you do it might be usefull if you could post 1 or 2 examples of which you speak here for the sake of comparison.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Given the first image's striking resemblance to a mouse, and the fact that all the images are almost perfectly uniform / black save a few pixels around the distorted objects. I wouldn't class these images as anything more than a hoax, and a poor one at that. If they were photographs of the night sky taken by a digital camera straining at the far end of it's abilities, there would be a hell of a lot of noise all through the image. Look at the referenced picture of the real ISS for comparison.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Am currently tracking and imaging same type objects in skies over Brighton, Michigan, USA. Apparently quite similar to ones at ATS post 'UFOs over Brighton, UK - and by fellow in Texas - earlier in this thread.

Strange Space objects over Brighton, MI, USA

Very easily imaged objects.

www.Johnbro.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I decided to re-edit the whole post. I have a question to the pros out there - how come that publically available images from large telescopes are so few ? Altogether they must generate millions of images every year worldwide, considering many of the very large telescopes are tax funded i find it kind of strange, civilian scientists are working with this material on a daily basis worldwide.

ESO VLT, Paranal Chile

Look at this enormous telescope GMT being built, finished 2016, Chile.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by tangent45]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnbro

Thanks for the image Johnbro.

What equipment are you using, ie scope size, camera ccd, cmos, other.

Do you have any approx position/positions you are capturing your images ?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strapping Young LadWhy do I feel like one of the only ppl here thats ever opened up a couple of issues of Astronomy magazine?

Hey, been there, but you are not alone.

I, myself have been in astronomy since I was 20. Now 53. I have had many and now a 17.5" telescope a friend and I built, and I have done astronomical illustration of planetary, galactic and other such subjects for books and magazines. Been there, done that. Not to mention thousands of hours of ACTUAL astronomy, not just armchair sky-data gazing.

The fact is, that I and many here, while being educated in formal astronomy have had significant experiences that have given us very direct knowledge that we are not alone. And the fact that most such images and unexplainable events are dismissed routinely without any invest in actual study makes more important discussions on the possibility of understanding these objects, their inhabitants or awareness and the origins, even outside our dimensions or physics knowledge.

Too often, if we cannot understand an image, it is dismissed out of hand. We educated but informed people will look deeper into such things as we know there is good evidence that things exist we actually have no pragmatic context for. We are true science people who look first and classify last the unknown.

Not only do I open the magazines, but have been published in them. Take heart, you are not alone, and WE are not alone.

This is a good example of such phenomena in need of thoughtful discussion before dismissal.

ZG

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Perfect examples! Yes, I've seen this and many others. I think it was an SST flight Story Musgrave was on and filmed this. I almost had a chance to ask Story about this a few years ago, but have heard his comments and he was unable to explain it. Not a dim light this guy either.

Nice collection on the thread you linked. Well worth seeing and keeping a record. Thanks.

My sig says what I believe, that we can do little now but stand in wonder. We are just too young in our sciences to grasp some of this. But, we'll get it if we keep looking and thinking if not experiencing and experimenting. Just a matter of time. ATS helps this proccess.

We need more posts like this. Seems a bit thin of late on the UFO areas. Hoaxers, and some of our less than compassionate reactions to posts like these have scared off many likely. Keep it up Mike!

ZG

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Finally a real expert in here.
I was getting sick of the kiddies dismissing any ufo out of hand as a chinese kite or flare dropped from an A10..not only is it wrong its insulting coming from people who saw one in a movie once and grade themselves experts.

Awesome post hope you can share more of your experiences

Originally posted by ZeroGhost

Originally posted by Strapping Young LadWhy do I feel like one of the only ppl here thats ever opened up a couple of issues of Astronomy magazine?

Hey, been there, but you are not alone.

I, myself have been in astronomy since I was 20. Now 53. I have had many and now a 17.5" telescope a friend and I built, and I have done astronomical illustration of planetary, galactic and other such subjects for books and magazines. Been there, done that. Not to mention thousands of hours of ACTUAL astronomy, not just armchair sky-data gazing.

The fact is, that I and many here, while being educated in formal astronomy have had significant experiences that have given us very direct knowledge that we are not alone. And the fact that most such images and unexplainable events are dismissed routinely without any invest in actual study makes more important discussions on the possibility of understanding these objects, their inhabitants or awareness and the origins, even outside our dimensions or physics knowledge.

Too often, if we cannot understand an image, it is dismissed out of hand. We educated but informed people will look deeper into such things as we know there is good evidence that things exist we actually have no pragmatic context for. We are true science people who look first and classify last the unknown.

Not only do I open the magazines, but have been published in them. Take heart, you are not alone, and WE are not alone.

This is a good example of such phenomena in need of thoughtful discussion before dismissal.

ZG

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

Hi ZeroGhost,

I have had many and now a 17.5" telescope a friend and I built,

I am assuming that would be a Dobsonian is that correct ?

The fact is, that I and many here, while being educated in formal astronomy have had significant experiences that have given us very direct knowledge that we are not alone.

Is this in relation to your observations or something else ?

Do you have any theories as yet as to how these images are being produced and do you think they can be reproduced ?

Anyway liked your post and I feel moved to give you are star well done

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join