It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Object In Space! And It's Not The ISS!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This looks familiar! It resembles those so called F.A.S.T objects that were discussed on ATS earlier.

This photograph was taken by a friend, Michael, in Texas who’s given me the go-ahead to post his pics. So here goes:

According to him,

“The red one was just a stationary red dot I noted as the ISS passed overhead. It never changed relationship to the stars as sunrise occurred.

I had stationed myself on a hilltop to be in the right location and time according to NASA. With the equipment I have, it was working at the extreme end. The photos far exceed what a 200mm f/l lens can do. The Nikon D-200 is a great camera.

It was the first day of "day light saving time", and I had not changed the camera clock yet.

If it was someone else's photo, I would have suspected it was a craft with red strobe lights descending and crossing the field of view. I have seen the effect with long exposures at night. Yet there is too much detail I can not explain away as well as knowing there was no apparent movement to the naked eye.”

This is probably the ISS and Shuttle, as according to him it was at the right location and time. But he’s not 100% sure of that either!

ISS and Shuttle?
Taken with a tripod (no tracking device), Nikon D-200
with a 135mm zoom lens. Effective digital fl-200mm.
Camera time had not been adjusted for daylight saving
time yet.

Now this is the pic that’s NOT the ISS. He noticed it as the ISS passed overhead. It was just a stationary red dot. He thought it was Mars, but when he enlarged it, this is what was revealed!

Photograph of the UFO using a 200mm lens
and Nikon D200 camera.

Enlarged..

I shot off a U2U to Internos for an opinion, and he felt it was pretty intriguing too!

So what was this object that he photographed? To me it looks more like an extraterrestrial biological entity than a UFO!

Unfortunately Michael's on a trip to Zapata Falls and so won't be in contact for some time. But this time he's taking a more powerful telephoto lens and a back-up video capability. Let's hope he gets some more exciting stuff!!

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This is interesting, a flag and star for this post. I could not imagine what this could be. Damn fine photography by your friend.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

A star and flag from me Mike.
Now, as i said before via U2U, a crucial point will be exif data. The exposure time will say us more about this intriguing shot.
I hope that we'll get them asap.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Could be a large NEO? It kind of looks like a big asteroid or something to me...

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Very nice Mike, intriguing. I cant even think of anything else to say or add other than I'm lookin forward to seeing what kind of opinions come across as well as what a photo analysis will or might reveal.

spikeD.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Originally posted by mikesingh

Thanks for some excellent photos.

I think that Atlantis may have been cancelled and further delayed for just this very reason.

Too many people are now looking up and tracking the Shuttle.

Up to now NAZA has been able to get away with, "Well why haven't all the astronomers reported any dockings prior to ISS after takeoff.

The real reason was that nobody was really looking.

Now that people are looking they can't afford to launch and expose the operation.

But don't worry, the guys in the secret space stations won't starve. They have plenty of other ways to support them.

The only reason they continued to use the the Shuttle was that it kept the public focused shuttle.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Man, I have no idea what that could be. Was it self illuminated, or was it lit up by the sun? It sort of looks like a meteor chunk or something. But it's pretty bright. Weird and cool pic!

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
is it just me or does the second pic look like there is a opening at the top of it? It seems like a rather large gaping hole/ sphincter. Definitely looks biological though, in my opinion. WTF is that? crazy

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
the 1st one looks like a giant guitar so maybe Elvis is serenading the greys up there!

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Interesting photo Mike you got a star and a flag

If you turn it sideways it looks like a starship, if you outline it you can see what I mean. Again Great Find

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

But don't worry, the guys in the secret space stations won't starve. They have plenty of other ways to support them.

thats right john, they have all those fruits they spent 40+ amount of hours stocking!!

[edit on 4-1-2008 by plug_pray]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The first picture looks similar to a plant eating dinosaur tail first. I guess they got tired of feeding it?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Excellent thread! To me, it looks like an explosion. Am I the only one getting that impression?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The photographer thought it was Mars when he photographed it, and may be it was exactly that. If you use a large enough enlargement factor, God knows what you can come up with.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Great Photo and I'll have to flag this one.

Hopefully your friend can find more and he will let you post them. Do you have any other information from your friend? Like Exposure time, how difficult was tracking, did he use GPS? Did he layer any of the photos??

Those are some pretty good shots.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Hi mikesingh...very cool photographs. Is there anyway you can tell me when this pic was shot? I live in Austin Tx and would like to know the time the picture was shot and the location.

Last week there was an astronomical event that occured where the stars looked incredibly close and visible in a very lit populace of Austin. I never seen anything like it in a populated and lit up area

Yesterday Jan 3rd they blanketed the Austin area heavily with chemtrails or whatever you want to call them.

You can u2u me if you want.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Don't know what it is and it could be many things.

To me it's not worth flagging until I get some more insight and opinions on what it is.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Agreed and when you factor in the zoom rate the devices used for photography they have to be absolutely rock solid steady. Even the slightest wind or vibration can jigger up a pic, especially when longer exposure rates are being used.

Most of the time screwed up astro pics are from movement in the scope the user was never aware of. Can take Mars and turn it into the Great Pumpkin real quick. Could have even been tracking error caused by the drive system in the scope, if he uses one.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Originally posted by buddhasystem

The photographer thought it was Mars when he photographed it, and may be it was exactly that. If you use a large enough enlargement factor, God knows what you can come up with.

Well I think it would be safe to say you wouldn't come up with something that looks like a secret space station which this certainly looks like.

And, how do you know what God knows? Is God part of your rag tag interpretation of Universal Laws which your arrogantly refer to as mainstream science?

But thanks for the post. Alternate views, however mainstream scientifically based, are always welcome.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsterenergy791
Don't know what it is and it could be many things.

To me it's not worth flagging until I get some more insight and opinions on what it is.

I don't think he is speculating it's a UFO. It could be anything but it does not look like (at the moment) you usual run of the mill satellite.

I flagged it because it's a good picture considering all of the things you have to take in consideration who photographing objects in space from the ground.

To me, it could be any man made space object, IMO.

BTW, I am working on getting shots of Iridium Satellites that pass over my house every night.

Those are tough to photograph. You can get about a 8 second window to take a picture of them when the flare up. They get so bright sometimes, about a -9 Magnitude on average before they go into the Earths shadow.

These Iridium satellites are military satellites that are setup for Global Satellite phones in case LAN lines go down, it's amazing how many are up there right now.

You can actually go to Heavens Above Website and add in your Long + Lat and you can get a schedule of flares over you house at sunset or sunrise.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join