It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Object In Space! And It's Not The ISS!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Well I think it would be safe to say you wouldn't come up with something that looks like a secret space station which this certainly looks like.

Sure John, you know exactly that this shapeless blob is identical to the secret station, the way you remember it.

Is God part of your rag tag interpretation of Universal Laws which your arrogantly refer to as mainstream science?

If you keep pasting the same phrase in different threads over and over, I will start thinking that my hypothesis about you being an android from the Galaxy might in fact be closer to truth than I thought; and that this android is malfunctioning.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Star and flag from me! I'm even more excited now as I'm currently shoping for a digital SLR and high zoom lense. I look forward to more pics from your friend.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Have to agree that it's too early to make decisions until the ATS experts get their maulers on it.
However, it is an interesting photo, but I have to agree with breadfan, in that the object looks feiry.
Maybe it's a NEO just entering the atmosphere, or maybe skimming across it?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Well I think it would be safe to say you wouldn't come up with something that looks like a secret space station which this certainly looks like.

"Looks like?" That's what a secret space station looks like? Gosh-a-mighty, maybe the technology isn't all it's cracked up to be. Although, I suppose it could be a darn good job of camouflage.....the designers successfully made it look like an amorphous orange blob.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I agree Mr. Lear. Something is funny in Denmark/Cape Canaveral and it's not the cheese. You mean to tell me that after 30 yrs of shuttle spaceflight they are JUST now finding a critical flaw in the pressure sensor cutoff monitors. Stinks to me like a week old stingray on a hot beach. Not buying into it either.
Best Regards,
John

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
hmm

secret space station pops to mind?

top pic i can see wot looks to me like a teather! and docking pod, but who knows star* and flag

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
after 30 yrs of shuttle spaceflight they are JUST now finding a critical flaw in the pressure sensor cutoff monitors.

Uh yeah, it's like discovering your car is burning a little oil at 200,000 miles on the odometer. It's not any kind of indication that things are rotten anywhere. Things break down.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I know there is doubt over whether the first image is the ISS and Shuttle but if it did prove to be just that then there is something odd about it.

I am going to assume that because of the proximity of the two objects the shuttle is docked and I am also going to assume that the projection I see is the vertical tail fin.

So this being said then the shuttle is in the wrong position as it's docking port is just behind the crew cabin in the cargo hold which means it would have to be the other way around to be docked and probably at right angles to the ISS.

Hmm...curious.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

And, how do you know what God knows? Is God part of your rag tag interpretation of Universal Laws which your arrogantly refer to as mainstream science?

Self proclaimed conspiracy master you may be, but detector of colloquialisms you are not. Go outside and socialize with real people a bit and you might hear all kinds of new expressions!

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
With all due respect and generosity Mr. Penny. One of the chief engineers stated the the sensors 'never worked right' anyway. New software (not expanded upon) was in place but never tested in real flight was his professional thesis to fly anyway. Doesn't exactly fill an astronaut with a sense of splendor.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
One of the chief engineers stated the the sensors 'never worked right' anyway.

I suppose that crashes your statement that they "just now" were discovering they didn't work right, with a critical flaw, eh?

[edit on 4-1-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Well as most of you know I usually take a stab at interesting cases. True to form, I ran this little puppy through the filters.

My findings were not as expected! I ran this pic through the same filters I run all atmospheric (in flight or space) photographs through the same regiment of filters:

* Auto levels

* Auto contrast

* Polarize

* Exclusion

* Color burn

I use these as basic protocol and adjust hundreds of variants from there with the fade tool. Being self taught, this method may seem strange to some but through the use of these filters I am usually able to wring out an extra anomaly or two.... in this photo I was not.

The image appears to be motion blurred but what the heck...I ran it anyway:

IMHO, this image albeit interesting, lacks detail or field of depth thus rendering it unidentifiable. Its a blob. I respect the work of both internos and mike, but on this one I can shake the old adage "You can shine a turd all day long....but in the end, its still a turd."

With respects and a friendly nudge in the ribs... ~1nL

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Ive seen pictures similar to this on a site for the past couple of weeks.
Here are the links to parts 1-3 of the "Mystery Space Machines" series at rense.com.

www.rense.com...

www.rense.com...

www.rense.com...

Here is one of the pics from "part three"

I havent got a clue what these could be, if theyre real.
Seems like we should have more amateur astronomers out there
with biggerand better scopes scanning these dark skies.
Just wishful thinking

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Due to its colouring and size Im going out on a limb here by suggesting that its more than likely a failed solar collection chute designed for dragging a vehicle out into space---> falied test.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I know that it did re-entry in 2001, but the photo reminds me some of the shape of spacestation MIR which means that this actually can be some sort of secret station in orbit. What is the highest altitude possible for a station to orbit and how far can non-agency telescopes reach/see ?

Thanks (star+tag)

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Dearest Mr. Penny,
Perhaps I should have prefaced my post saying 'this is the first time us civis were made beknownst to a major flaw'. My choice of inflection and wordage indeed questionable.
Happy?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It look's like something burning up upon entering earth's atmosphere. I don't know. A astroid or something? good find though, Very interesting.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by E-6722MAJ
It look's like something burning up upon entering earth's atmosphere. I don't know. A astroid or something? good find though, Very interesting.

This can't be. The original observer stated he saw a red dot which he thought was Mars (still very likely, even from the pic). An object doing a re-entry is bound to move quite fast. After all, the altitude of the atmosphere where things burn up isn't that great.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Very Interesting pics when the second one is tilted 90 degrees its looks like a huge cigar/disc shape object...hmmmmm..

[edit on 4/1/08 by free_spirit_earth]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nL1ghtened

InL1, nice work. I'm curious about the green image? It appears to be hollow. Is that correct, or is it just the filter?

Mike starred and flagged. To me, I think the images are great, and I trust the source that provided them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join