It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Object In Space! And It's Not The ISS!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ferringer

Still new at transferring files. Hope this is the orginal.
I use Noise Ninja, Capture NX, and PS elements 5 to work my prints.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by daniel_g

I suspect the 2 tone black may be the result of using Captive NX when processing the jpeg. Capture has anchor points that you then use sliders to create roughly circular areas to indicate what part you want to filter. Since I only was interested in the object, I have no reason to encompass the whole photo. This speeds up computer time processing the shot.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hi Michael! Welcome to ATS!

OK guys, he's the friend I've been talking about from Austin, Texas, who's photographed those strange objects.

Now if anyone wants further details about the 'wheres' and 'hows' of these pics, just shoot!

By the way, Internos had said:

A crucial point will be exif data. The exposure time will tell us more about this intriguing shot. I hope that we'll get them asap.

Cheers!

[edit on 24-1-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Good evening all and Mike,
I am humbled to be in the company of such renowned individuals.

The data you requested is:
Nikon D-200 camera
135mm lens(202mm on this camera)
A very heavy duty tripod.(not tracking though)
10.8 second exposure
Manual setting
Aperture f/14
Date11/4/07; time on card is 8:09:36,......it was the first day of Daylight Savings and the camera clock had Not been adjusted yet!
======================================
A little background.
I had been requested to experiment taking a picture of the ISS to determine if the Zapata Falls UFO I had photographed, was in fact the ISS. Having researched the Internet and having built telescopes from the ground up, I very much doubted if I could capture anything above a streak in the sky. I've seen where 8" was the smallest posting a picture of the ISS and shuttle. Plus, doing the math showed me that the original Zapata Falls image would be at least ten times larger than the ISS. Since I did not know if the NASA data compensated for Daylight Savings time, I set up over an hour early. Nothing showed up an hour early. Then the appointed time came and went! About ten minutes later an object shows up in the correct quadrant of the sky. I took pictures rapidly as it moved across the heavens.
About half of the shots came out sharp, the rest were just blurry streaks of light. Under these conditions, I was thrilled to get anything!
Thoughts to ponder:
Was my watch and camera wrong regarding time? I set them according to the Internet time.
Why was the sighting late? I was out there early. I may have missed it? If so, what did I photograph? Having spent three hours reading previous threads, what is this I hear of secret space stations? And would it be in the same orbital plane as the public one? Would not someone else have already seen it?
Have to break off for now, I have to get supplies to make Haggis for a Robert Burns Party this weekend

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Belizeman01

How about posting some more pics from your recent trip to Zapata?

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Mike, you have been checking out my Flickr site again!
The following photos are the result of too many Coors and a weak bladder!
After the third trip to the latrines, I noticed the stars rotating as usual through the night sky(-20F, pre-dawn, Valley View, Colorado). There was one star that had not moved over a six hour period! Directly overhead(remember the object in the Austin sky!). Finally, as I was preparing for a day trip around the San Luis Valley, the object was still there and as bright as Venus at dawn. I set the camera on the roof of the car. Camera went nuts trying to focus on the object. I switched to manual focus, brought the stars in sharp, and fired away. In 61 seconds the object changed from a fuzzy ball, to 3 or 4 shapes, then faded away as the sun rose behind me.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

[edit on 27-1-2008 by Belizeman01]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Hi Belizeman01 and welcome to ATS,

Thanks for your contribution and intrigueing images.
It seems to me now that if you can predict the time and location of this subject matter than the only way forward is to use a better form of resolution.
Clearly a scope is the logical upgrade, and a friend or colleague with this setup would be the most cost effective method.

If I lived on the same continent I would be only to willing to collaborate on this unfortunately I don't.

If you do not have any friends with a scope than I would appeal to any members who might be in the same area as you who would be interested in helping to resolve these images.

As Mike suggests in his post, any other pics you have taken would be of interest, but if we are only seeing the same level of detail than I think we may have hit the limit of conjecture.

Regards.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Wow! That's a strange looking object! Let's enlarge it and have a look see...

Now what the heck is that?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I am still trying to learn how to transfer the files around. How do you transfer more than one file when using photobucket?
The photos do enlarge well, I'm sending originals so that viewers will know that these have not been PS!
Yes, I am getting a tracking tripod for the camera and already have a 4 inch MAK mirror lens.
I have been taking pictures for decades. In six months I have, on four occasions, been able to take some really interesting photos. I ask, is this because more people have cell cameras, digital cameras and video gear?
Or is it because there are more sightings! I think there are more "stuff" out there. I also think that there is an effort being made to be seen! Be it military(ours) or "them", you do not float over major cities and airports without knowing where you are!
I also feel that my passion for sunrise, sunset, and night sky scenes probably improves my chances of seeing other things. Being retired doesn't hurt either.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
swamp gas
nasa told me so.. lol...... does liquid in space stay together.. could it be poop from shuttle sorry.. i'll go now haha

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
looks like the remains of something very expensive to me!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Link to NASA clip of "Space Worm".
video.google.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

and one more.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Sherpa-
I wish I could predict when and where!
If the restroom facilities had not been outside about 40 feet away and if I had not been over that same path before, I doubt if I would have noticed that bright star when I started packing. I would most likely have thought it was "Venus" and continued on my way to meet the Sun.
I think it is interesting that both the Austin sighting and this one was directly overhead at dawn. Has anyone else noticed a spike in sightings at this time?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

So how many pics are we looking at here 5 or 6 and they have all been taken on what was ostensibly an ISS photography trip, (2 occasions), am I correct ?

So you got lucky and saw these bright points of light with your naked eye and then snapped them, again correct ?

Sorry for the questions but I just wanted to get the circumstances clear.

I think it is interesting that both the Austin sighting and this one was directly overhead at dawn. Has anyone else noticed a spike in sightings at this time?

I think that question may be worth aiming at johnbro perhaps in a U2U, (ah just realised you probably do not have enough posts yet), I will send him one.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join