It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm God

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

...um

you can't even prove that jesus existed, let alone that jesus made a specific claim that he'd come back to life from the dead or that he actually did.

i call bs.

the "promise" you're referring to could be something that is entirely a work of fiction, even if jesus existed.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
you can't even prove that jesus existed, let alone that jesus made a specific claim that he'd come back to life from the dead or that he actually did.

and around we go, for nor can you prove that he did not thus creating a null point of argument on that matter.

What I do know is what I have personally scene and what I have personally heard.

You Madness can no more know what,s in my mind then I in yours, but Im telling you that my experience individually validates that he is very much real and that what he said is a fact for it has happened to me.

Im really not looking for your approval of his revelation to myself as you cannot prove or disprove anything just as I cannot prove or disprove my experience. Its every mans choice whether they choose to knock and look.

Jesus spoke about a manner in which he might be revealed to oneself:

"On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, AND I AM IN YOU. Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." John 14:20-21

This experience doesn't happen on a challenge. Its not going to happen on some petty test.
It means putting the shoes of his teachings on and walking his way in them.

When you do this, you may then understand this statement. Again by Jesus:

Jesus Christ in Revelations
I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.

Experience this, and know the sign of Jonah.

You can run, but you cant hide.

Peace

[edit on 10-4-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
You do not even qualify to be a prophet much less a God. In ancient Israel the test of a prophet was the accuracy of his predictions. They were required to make some short range prophecies to be tested. False prophets were stoned to death. We know that they were accurate because the prophecies have come true. Ezekiel's prophecy against Tyre is well known example. So before any claims at deity can be made you should be able to demonstrate your prophetic ability.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Deleted because of Ashley and Bigwhammies correction as I thought his above response was to my own and not the OP.

I was in error.

Thank you.

[edit on 10-4-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

BW can correct me if I am wrong but I think his reply was to MIMS- not to you. It just looks like it was to you since his reply came after yours and he didn't use the reply tags.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Hey that reply did not say in reply to Hifi Guy... so you are supposed to assume it is to the OP. You didn't claim to be God did you?

I even starred your post.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

honestly, there's nothing to back up that any of the old testament prophets made true prophecies. the only stories are in the bible (which is obviously a biased source on the issue) and there's nothing to corroborate their prophecies with.

and if your prophecy is vague enough, it'll come true. that's why you can point to both the koran and the bible and state that they have prophecies that are being fulfilled every day

here's a prophecy 'there will be political unrest in parts of the world and rumors of economic distress in others"
that's for next month

i could also predict the next few dozen eclipses if you gave me a ream of graph paper, some pencils, a telescope, and enough time...
predicting an eclipse was kind of a big deal for people back then.

and i think i can qualify as god of at least something. or at least demi-god.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

You are just blind to the truth. I am sure you will try to twist it. Or look it up on an atheist site. Its funny how atheist site spend so much time on the Bible.This post is more for other people than you.

The 26th chapter of Ezekiel records a prophecy against Tyre.

1. That Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, would conquer Tyre (vv. 7-1 1).

2. That the city would be made desolate (v. 4).

3. That it would be thrown into the sea (v. 12).

4. That it would become a place to spread nets upon (v. 14).

5. That its maritime supremacy would cease forever (v. 17).

Guess what? It all was fufilled.

Here's what actually happened as verified by secular historians.

In 590 BC, Ezekiel makes his prediction.

Four years later, in 586 BC Nebuchadnezzar attacks the coastal city of Tyre.

One year later, in 585 BC most of Tyre's inhabitants move out to a nearby island and rebuild.

17 years after the initial prophecy in 573 BC, Nebuchadnezzar finally destroys the coastal city. That's part one of the prophecy.

Two hundred years after Ezekiel goes to his grave, in 333 BC Alexander the Great attacks the island city by scraping debris from the original coastal city and throwing it into the water to build a land bridge to it.

Centuries later, in AD 1321 the island city is destroyed by Muslims during the Crusades.

Today, the original mainland site of Tyre is as "bare as a rock." There is a city named Tyre, but it exists only as a small fishing village down the coast from the ancient city.

Ezekiel couldn't have guessed that those things would happen. The story of Tyre and others is evidence that God directed the writing of the Bible.

In this thread Ashley gives some great examples
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4/10/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

alright, then i shall display my divinity

hmm...

i just had a friendly hammer tossing competition with thor
i beat him

is that proof enough of my divinity?

Okay everybody, MIMS believes in Thor! MIMS believes in a mythical being! Can't deny it MIMS you said it. You had a hammer toss competition with him so that makes him REAL.

But no, it doesn't prove your divinity because Thor is/wasn't divine either.

And while I'm at it...you claimed above that you think you should at least be declared a demi-god. But hint, hint, nudge, nudge, (shhhhh, don't tell anybody else), but when you're 35, you're eligible to apply for demi-god-lessness through the fairy of demi-god-lessness society. But, there's one catch. You have to ask nicely, AND you've got a long way to go til you're 35.

Sorry, I know that's a downer for ya, but another 15 years or so and hey, you're there! But you'll have lots of competition...so prepare wisely.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I thought I would add something I had found in the Gospel of the Holy 12 in regards to a blind man that made the claim he was God and the response that Jesus gave him.

AND there was a certain man who was blind from his birth. And he denied that there were such things as Sun, Moon, and Stars, or that colour existed. And they tried in vain to persuade him that other people saw them; and they led him to Jesus, and he anointed his eyes and made him to see.

11. And he greatly rejoiced with wonder and fear, and confessed that before he was blind. And now after this, he said, I see all, I know everything, I am god.

12. And Jesus again said unto him, How canst thou know all? Thou canst not see through the walls of thine house, nor read the thoughts of thy fellow men, nor understand the language of birds, or of beasts. Thou canst not even recall the events of thy former life, conception, or birth.

13. Remember with humility how much remains unknown to thee, yea, unseen, and doing so, thou mayest see more clearly.

This fits nicely in this thread. Remember with humility, how much remains unknown to you so that you might see the truth.

Peace

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by idle_rocker

ah, now you show your bias.
thor was considered divine (it kind of goes along with the whole "being a god and the son of the head god" thing)

however, i shall shift tracks on this thread, since it's already going forward.

alright, i'm not god

but how do you know that all of these things aren't?

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   

seriously, i'm an omnipotent deity.

want me to prove it?
well... i really can't. you see, i may be omnipotent, but i'm not omniscient and thus cannot demonstrate the full extent of my power... or any extent of it at all. but i know that i'm a deity.

my first act as god is to ask why you shouldn't believe in me.

which God as you said AN omnipotent deity

cheers

david

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hey! I totally forgot about my omnipotence!

Damn my lack of omniscience!

Anyway, I forgot that I'm God. Would anyone care to refute my claim at divinity?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
why shouldnt i believe you? satan would say he's god.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Valdimer

Where did you get that, "soul is doomed" thing from? Is that supposed to be scary? Sorry, but no cookie! My Soul, and your Soul, they are a part of the same Force of Energy that some worship and humanize and attach names to. Nothing is doomed but 21st Century life on planet Earth.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Dare ye wake the dead?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
you have me convinced

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I can tell you aren't omniscient considering you don't know the difference between "omniscient" and "omnipotent".

I mean come on if you were all powerful you could at least force things to happen even if you don't know the cause and effect of what you are doing.
IE make a loud booming voice declaring your godhood in your native tongue, and have it echo across the world.

Also what good is being God if you don't know everything?
You might as well be just a god or a demigod for all the good you can do.

Being all powerful and not knowing everything is actually a bad combination.
Go to heal the sick? oops create a super virus accidentally.
Since you don't know everything you go to wipe out the virus, oops you wipe out the whole city...

At best I would put you as a demi-god if you could demonstrate your powers.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join