It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm God

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
actually, theism is an entirely faith based thingy so a monotheistic deity would inherently be an atheist

Isn't atheism simply the lack of a belief in a deity? Can't remember the definition everyone wants to use since it changes from thread to thread so we'll go with that one for now.

God is not an atheist- that makes no sense. If you were the only human being on earth would you tell yourself humans do not exist? No because there you are. Our God knows He exists if you want to refer to Jehovah. He did call Himself 'I Am,' after all.

And I will mention this again because atheists seem to love showing this quote to me:

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus

Are you willing to prevent evil but cannot, MIMS? Are you able but not willing? Neither? Then why think you are a god?

Earlier in this thread after some member began to get harsh with you and I tried coming to your defense by saying surely you were 'kidding' and for everyone to calm down. You were quick to correct me that you were being fully serious. Not really sure what to say now other than, no, I do not believe you are a god.

[edit on 4/5/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

seriously, i'm an omnipotent deity.

want me to prove it?
well... i really can't. you see, i may be omnipotent, but i'm not omniscient and thus cannot demonstrate the full extent of my power... or any extent of it at all. but i know that i'm a deity.

my first act as god is to ask why you shouldn't believe in me.

This is great news!!! Now will you please clean up your frickin human experiment mess?????? And don't lay it back on us with that "in your image free-will crap"

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Aren't you just a petty thing being god. You see that I can make you be and do anything that I wish because I am the creator of god thus I am the creator of you. Now get off the internet and get back to screwing things up in this world.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

i've tackled the age old philosophical question already: i'm incompetent. i do not know how to use my omnipotence

i'm also not omniscient, for the record. i'm hypothetically omnipotent.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
In other words, you just hypothetically exist. And since you're just some typing on the internet and can't do anything other than type, you're not God.

God creates, you type. God heals, you type. God gives life, you type...etc., etc., etc.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by idle_rocker

why must people miss the point?

the entire point of this is that my claim that i am a deity of sorts is no more or less valid than the claims of any religion

in terms of likelihood

vishnu = thor = jesus = amaterasu = horus = baal = quetzalcoatl = neptune = artemis = etc etc etc

that's the point here

why must theists stray from the argument and go towards the arguer?
i was just making the point in a provocative manner

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Oh I didn't miss your point at all. I got it quite well. And I think I answered it quite well.

Are you saying that just because I'm a Christian, I missed your point? No worries...I get it quite well.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by idle_rocker

then you should address the topic and not make a pointless post

Originally posted by idle_rocker

In other words, you just hypothetically exist. And since you're just some typing on the internet and can't do anything other than type, you're not God.

...does this have to do with the premise that all claims of divinity hold equal merit?

God creates, you type. God heals, you type. God gives life, you type...etc., etc., etc.

i would make a helluva god of typing, wouldn't i?

the problem here is that you're using a very, very narrow definition of god

specifically you're god

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Perhaps it's just me, but in the opening post you stated you are God and ask why people shouldn't believe in you.

You were the one who made yourself the topic and as long as there are no personal attacks, comments on your divinity are on-topic.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
alright, then i shall display my divinity

hmm...

i just had a friendly hammer tossing competition with thor
i beat him

is that proof enough of my divinity?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Of course I'm speaking of my God since that is my point of perspective, however narrow your opinion of that perspective may seem. I can't speak from someone else's point of perspective since I am not them.

You see, everyone has their own point of view. And to deny them that point of view is the basis of ignorance. For without different points of view, there would be no growth nor forward thinking.

Which is why we are all here...to deny ignorance. We should also deny intolerance.

Peace be with you.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

When Thor signs up as a member and confirms that you have beaten him in a hammer tossing contest, I will give your claim further consideration.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

well, i only won on a technicality, his hammer just kept coming back to him and never planted itself in the ground...

but do you give the same consideration to any claims people have when they say they've had a personal experience with jesus?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I'm not quite sure I'm getting what you're saying.

If you're asking if I would believe someone who said they had a personal experience with Jesus, I would believe that they believe they had a personal experience with Jesus.

If that's not what you're asking, you'll need to rephrase the question for me.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

what i'm trying to ask is if you'd need jesus to join ats and confirm the personal experience if someone claimed to have had one with him, just as you requested me to have thor do

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Depends on the person, the claim and whether or not they expect me to believe it too.

I based my response on my knowledge (albeit limited) of you. If my mother told me she had a personal experience with Jesus, I would believe that she believed it because I know she's religious. On the other hand, if my mother told me she won an Olympic Gold medal in the biathalon, I'd ask to see it because she's always maintained that she hates guns and would never use one.

I'm more than happy to believe that you believe that you beat Thor in a hammer-tossing contest. If you want me to believe it too, then I'll need to talk to Thor - much like I'd need to see my mother's gold medal.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

but your mother's claim about a gold medal relies on something that is strictly in the natural world, my claim of thor (like any claim relating to a religion/deity) is on completely outside of it.

let's say a neo-pagan odinist came in and said that he believed it wouldn't be all that hard to believe i beat thor in a hammer tossing contest (mainly because his hammer always comes back to him), what would you say to him?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I'd say that if Thor's hammer never lands, you beat him on a technicality and the true test would be if you both used the same hammer.

Level playing ground and all.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Duzey]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I can say that I am God and proove it by the sense of I am a god walking amungst gods. All that implies that you are a god is that you have all the same qualities of god in the sense that a drop of water has all the same proprties of the ocean and if you look close enough, i mean really close, it becomes the ocean for even if it doesnot contain life it does have the abillity to do so. You never looked at it that way have you?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

...does this have to do with the premise that all claims of divinity hold equal merit?

Claim?

I once got into a cab and there was a man who appeared to be Indian ( Asia ).
I asked him if he was Sikh and he quickly responded no. I am a Christian.

He then went on to tell me that in no other religion had a man ever made a claim that he was going to die and rise from the dead.

That Jesus was the ONLY one that made good on his word. Simply said, and clearly understood.

When you use the word CLAIM in terms of divinity, I respond with a resounding no in that it wasnt just a claim.

Jesus first promised then performed.

An act of Divinity which fulfilled both prophesy, and his promise.

A din that ushered in a new Covenant that spans the sands of time.

I substitute your reality with the Truth.

Peace

[edit on 9-4-2008 by HIFIGUY]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join