It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm God

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

hilarious guy. f'n hilarious.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Yeah but God has the "skills" to back up his claims.

Your "God" hasn't backed up a damn thing!

Madness does not, therefore he belongs in a psych ward.

Sure he does... didn't you read his posts?

And I'm making the same claim, and have backed it up as your "God" has, and then some.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

For many atheists, belief in a god is so comical and absurd, it makes thiests a target group.

I'm an atheist and I don't care whether you believe or not (and I believe the vast majority of atheists feel the same), it is just that it's comical, in the face of the evidence, that you do.

What is more comical is that you don't realise that you only believe because you have programmed youself to believe at the whim of your teachers.

If you'd merely pulled a bible from a library shelf and read it without being told what it's supposed to be you would have most likely viewed it as a, poorly written, ancient collection of fairytales and stories. It's only appeal would have been it's inaccurate "quaintness".

Ask yourself who changed that perspective for you?

In the mean time, consider if an atheist would have any real interest in you dropping your faith or would they be more interested in evoking the type of defensive response you've given to this "rattle of your chain"?

What makes you think, with all our science, we need to "rally" new members?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valdimer
Ok, we get the point.

You believe that there is no God. Bravo.

Does it really bother you that much that people believe in a higher power, or as some athiests put it, a "Cloud Fairy"?

Does it affect your daily life in such a way that you have to convince people NOT to believe in God?

In all honesty, if you choose not to believe in God, that's cool with me. It's up to you to believe or not believe. It's up to you to ask for cold hard undeniable proof. Me? I have faith and I believe in God, but I don't go around trying to convince people that he exists. It's up to them to figure that out, not for me to hammer my viewpoint into them.

He gave us free will for a reason. You and I are both using it by choosing otnot beleive and believe, respectively.

[edit on 3-1-2008 by Valdimer]

See my reply to Semperfortis but add:

What do you make of the comment: It’s up to you whether or not you believe 2+2=3. I choose to believe it equals 3?

Well no, it’s not up to me.

That comment, as does your belief comment, indicates that the person has no interest in the truth and that their belief is not real and therefore not worth protecting.

If a person takes scientific fact and places it next to the bible and sees that they irreconcilably disagree, then it’s not up to the person to choose. It’s up to the person to accept fact or, live a lie, and ignore it. You cannot “choose to believe” something that is false, is true, the “choice” is not available.

And for the record, the concept of “free will”, as contained in the bible, is so flawed its only value is to prove Moses was a poor story teller without the will (or ability) to think, even basic concepts, through.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

" why try and prove that God is false "

Its because faith is an insecurtiy to them. They dont want God to be true, or else they would have to give up their lifestyles of selfishness.

I know if I wanted to deny God knowing the miracles ive seen and the deepness of creation, I would do so if I had a lifestyle that was against him.

Its like a spirit of not wanting to bow down.

Now I know I have tried my hardest to post some of the deepest things that God has tuaght me through grace, and its like the miracles fly over their .s, as well as the body parts, the deepness, the trinity on the body.

everything just zims over their . ( I dont know if zims is a word), but its like a force feild and something in their lives that causes them to not give God a chance.

You very rarely see an athiest who would give miracles a chance, or anything about God, because they dont keep their minds open because God has rules.

These rules are easy though, and thats what they dont know.

But oh well, madness is a soul of God and needs to be loved nontheless.

I cant wait till this wretched age is over of antichrist.

peace.

To answer your first question:

Because god is false and the people programmed to believe god is not false have a bad habit of debating that scientific fact is not fact or that we should observe some insane rule such as "only god has the right to give or take life" in order to prove and make up for their lack of real faith and this gets in the way of progress.

Faith has no relevance to me whatsoever nor does it to any atheist.

What don't you understand from the phrase "There is no god"?

Explain how the non-existent, the irrelevant and the proven false can give rise to "insecurity". To believe this is to be deluded.

You talk of miracles:

A miracle to you is the easy answer to the, yet to be explained. You believe in god so you don't need to seek answers. That is not a benefit to the world, it's a danger.

I see natural wonders, ask why and seek answers.

People live longer and are protected against illness and disease today, not because we seek miracles but because we seek answers.

On the point of "selfishness":

Which one of us is directing the focus of their life at the reward of "eternal life in Heaven".

Let me tell you this, remove the concept of "heaven/hell" and religion is dead. It's a rewards versus punishment based cult. You do good for a reward and fear bad because of the punishment.

As a group you are far more selfish than atheists. When an atheist does good they do it for the sake of good and nothing more you seek something in return.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by HornedOne]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SwanSword

SwanSword,

I assume your deleted post was the one with regard to calling for god when you are in a . to toe cast.

Here's an old proverb: A drowning man will clutch at any staw.

The proverb means: In a crisis, a person will do anyhting, no matter how ridiculous to save themselves.

In your example the "no matter how ridiculous" would be the atheist calling for a non-existent god.

To summarise: Your little parable only serves to demonstrate you accept that person calling to a god they would otherwise consider to be ridiculous somehow parallels the depth of your own faith and why it exists.

Well, if that's how you see it, who am I to argue.

Hope you stop drowning soon.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Return to life three days after a very violent death, have this event recorded by people who do not believe but can at least confirm the manner of death, and ascend to Heaven in front of eye witnesses who were still skeptical prior to your ascension.

I might not be there to witness it personally but let's say several people do. If these people suffer immense persecution from what they saw, never receive a penny for their testimony from their media, and are subsequently put to death by a government hostile to their testimony while still refusing to recant, I might lend you the benefit of the doubt.

Oh, and have a couple dozen people in preceding centuries predict you in advance and the things you would do. That would be pretty nifty of you. Or maybe I'll say you never existed, it was all a big hoax, and these witnesses are not reliable. I could do that, too.

[edit on 1/25/2008 by AshleyD]

Based on the fact there is no god, it's fairly hard to accept the stories about Jesus.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

The only relationship you have to being a god is that all gods are man made.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by HornedOne
Based on the fact there is no god, it's fairly hard to accept the stories about Jesus.

Are we in a sassy mood tonight or something?
Anyways, before you say something is "fact" it would be nice to see some "facts" to back up your claims. About 90% of the world's population would beg to differ with you. Although popular consensus does not determine fact, you'd be in a battle with several billion who have experienced something personally. Even if only .01% of them are telling the truth, not delusional, and didn't mistake something supernatural that actually had a logical explanation you'd still be in a pretty pickle.

So, no. Your beliefs are not fact. They are faith. Carry on.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey
reply to post by dbates

I completely agree that athiesm is just an inward struggle between the individual and their rejection of God, and we, are the spectators of that inward struggle. What an athiest actually attempts through their outward struggle, has nothing to do with denial, as much as an open cry for someone to convince them even more that this God doesn't exist.

Why struggle against something that is non-existent in the first place? Unless it does exist and you are fully aware of it inwardly.

Sorry to lend a lie to your delusion. I know there is no god.

I'm not crying out for proof, I was given the only and absolute proof necessary in the bible (allegedly) by the entity you call god.

There can be no proof better that a god exists than their own proof and, if that proof is false, no better proof that they do not exist.

I merely seek to find out how much of what we know is fact theists are willing to deny and ignore in the vain hope of reaching a non-existent heaven.

Almost every day you need to deny more which simply acts to increase the entertainment value.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by HornedOne]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Originally posted by HornedOne

Are we in a sassy mood tonight or something?
Anyways, before you say something is "fact" it would be nice to see some "facts" to back up your claims. About 90% of the world's population would beg to differ with you. Although popular consensus does not determine fact, you'd be in a battle with several billion who have experienced something personally. Even if only .01% of them are telling the truth, not delusional, and didn't mistake something supernatural that actually had a logical explanation you'd still be in a pretty pickle.

So, no. Your beliefs are not fact. They are faith. Carry on.

The existence of Jesus relies on the existence of god which in turn relies on the truth of Moses' communication with god.

1. God told us how he created the universe and everything in it. Scientifically we know what god is aledged to have said was either a lie or Moses made it up (another lie). This alone is fundamental proof god does not exist. You have the words from gods own mouth and he got it wrong and, according to god, he doesn't lie.

2. God told us how he deals out punishment, the great flood. We not only know there was no great flood, we also know that the (specific and detailed) ark concept was physically impossible under gods scientific laws of the world.

3. God declares himself to be a god of love and claims he gave man free will (via Adam and Eve) and they committed the first sin. All wrong in the world arose from this. Simple logic dictates this scenario was a poorly thought out and uneducated lie by Moses.

4. God created man in his own image. A totally illogical lie by a man who had no idea about creation and evolution.

These are facts. You either have faith in a liar or you choose to ignore fact.

We cannot prove evolution is fact because no one was there when it all started and no one can report back.

But Moses said god provided an eyewitness account of his deeds in "person". Moses got it wrong, he lied about his encounters with a god, and it's obvious he got it wrong to all but those who choose to ignore fact.

And, for the record, if you are willing to attempt to manipulate what god actually said then it only stands to demonstrate you realise your faith has no foundation in fact.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by HornedOne

I present you with a challenge. Debunk Buddhism. Then debunk Taoism.
And if you can do it convincingly. I dunno I don't think you can to be honest. hEh.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

No I can't and I wouldn't try because they don't try to relentlessly disprove evolution.

I have been directly involved with belief in the biblical god only and that's my only interest here.

As you will see I debate directly with believers in the biblical god which I know to be false whereas for the other ”gods”, based on what I’ve observed, I have no reason to believe they have any stronger basis in reality than one man telling a story he’s made up.

Nonetheless, I believe I can safely say that the reason there is no worldwide god is that none have appeared and demonstrated it.

If there was any real proof everyone would believe it and it wouldn't just be some second hand confirmation.

All gods, I believe, are initially based on the concept of one individual (without god like powers) who "started the ball rolling" and convinced others.

The reason for a god is the need to be part of a group and to gain answers to the unknown without research. We started with things we could see like the sun, became more sophisticated and believed in idols, it was a natural progression that man would one day become sophisticated enough to believe in a god he couldn’t see, so someone invented it to fill the need.

This too will pass (and would have already had it not been so financially profitable to its leaders) and science will take over without any form of belief. (Not forgetting the more sophisticated you get the harder it is to convince you your old beliefs are based on a fallacy)

The strongest god we have is the god of the old testament. If that god is a lie I (personally) believe they are all a lie.

What is Taoism, Not really a god is it?

And Buddhism, well we’ve had a “Buddha” live on earth and he wouldn’t fit into the definition of the god we’re dealing with and debating here. The claims aren’t quite so grand and the philosophy no so founded in greed.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

What you are really saying is you do not believe in or accept the existence of God as revealed in the Christian Bible or Hebrew Tanakh. For argument's sake, and as Wrath hinted to, let's assume Christianity and Judaism got it wrong. So because the Judeo-Christian God might not be the correct belief, no God exists whatsoever. That seems like an illogical thing to say in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

So if one theory is wrong they are all wrong?
That is where such blanket false logic takes us if applied to all things.

Your grudge is showing.
You know the one you wear like a crown.
(Quoting Tool)

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thank you for your response which was as desired.

You offered a direct challenge that my statement, the god you believe in is factually non-existent, is incorrect.

To the factual response you offer no contradiction.

Don't worry about whether I am right or wrong about other gods what about yours?

My questions are now: Why do you believe in a god that is a lie? Why do you comment about this person Jesus (if he in fact ever existed at all) who has absolutely, and factually no connection with a god? Why do you worship him?

Finally, how many gods do you think there are, why is your Jesus the best and why don't you worship them all if you believe in more than one?

Oh, and if you don't believe in other gods, tell you what, you can put down your reason for not believing in them as mine also.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant

So if one theory is wrong they are all wrong?
That is where such blanket false logic takes us if applied to all things.

Your grudge is showing.
You know the one you wear like a crown.
(Quoting Tool)

I thought I already answered that question. Yes.

I’ll simplify it for you as you didn’t understand the response:

I believe 2+2=4

The believer in the bible believes 2+2=3 they are wrong.

Believe it or not I don’t need to check 2+2 doesn’t equal 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ………………………

What didn’t you understand about my comment that every god worshipped on this planet has its origins in the concept of one person, the person who made the god up and who convinced others in the truth of their god?

Can you tell me of any god who commenced when a whole group encountered the god and started worshipping together? I can't.

Why would I, someone who recognises the worlds most followed god is factually false, spend time studying every other god to prove they are false also?

The primary failure of theists is that they don’t apply logic to that which has been presented to them.

The benefit of being an atheist is that you do apply logic which is why, when I see the failing point in logic of the most dominant example and realise that that point is common to all examples (the common denominator), I can logically conclude my answer applies to all examples without the need research each one.

So no, your “false logic” claim is a nonsense to the thinking world.

Definition: Grudge: to resent the good fortune of (another); begrudge.

It’s difficult to respond to this politely but here goes:

I resent theists because they have good fortune in believing in a god and I don’t?

Well gee, why don’t I just worship a god?

Oh wow, maybe it’s that I’m upset because I can’t waste hours a week worshiping something I know doesn’t exist and I’m upset others can.

Or perhaps I’m jealous because I can’t put up nonsensical arguments (that defy scientific fact) to others and look ridiculous?

These don’t seem to be working out for me. Are they working for you?

A friend of mine used to use a phrase which I find often has a great practical use:

Please engage brain before speaking.

Do you like it?

Do you see an application for it?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I've already answered these questions in dozens of other threads so it is really your turn now to explain or provide evidence as to why you assume it is "a lie." I most likely will have heard whatever arguments you provide but since you're making the claims, it would be nice to hear how you can back it up.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I’ll simplify it for you as you didn’t understand the response:

I believe 2+2=4

The believer in the bible believes 2+2=3 they are wrong.

Believe it or not I don’t need to check 2+2 doesn’t equal 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ………………………

LoL! Arrogance and stupidity wrapped in one package how efficient of you.
I am pretty sure Ashley knows mathematics.
But considering the "mathematical problem" is far from fully filled out much less solved. Your analogy is not a good one.
Minus points for you jumping the gun though.

What didn’t you understand about my comment that every god worshipped on this planet has its origins in the concept of one person, the person who made the god up and who convinced others in the truth of their god?

Ahhhhhh, so you lived back then? Its all well and good to speculate but
it is hardly scientifically provable. Unless you have some information archeology doesn't have. Sure we have certain instances of that happening, largely only in Ancient Egyptian (for example Imhotep) beliefs and Imperial Cults (Roman Emperor worship). It is rather silly to make a blanket statements about it. But that does seem to be your ignorant grudge borne modus operandi. Otherwords boy I know what I am talking about, unlike you.

Why would I, someone who recognizes the worlds most followed god is factually false, spend time studying every other god to prove they are false also?

Yet your unable to offer solid proof to back your claims. Other than taking a few instances and calling it the law.

The primary failure of theists is that they don’t apply logic to that which has been presented to them.

The benefit of being an atheist is that you do apply logic which is why, when I see the failing point in logic of the most dominant example and realise that that point is common to all examples (the common denominator), I can logically conclude my answer applies to all examples without the need research each one.

Ohhhh gee more bs atheistic preaching. So does atheism make you able to leap large buildings in a single bound as well?
Oh. And funny thing about logic is. It's a straight line.
You can logically argue any number of false statements and still be logically
sound.

So no, your “false logic” claim is a nonsense to the thinking world.

Nope it stands.

Definition: Grudge: to resent the good fortune of (another); begrudge.

LoL! Thank you for further examples of your ineptitude.
Why not use every definition rather than just the one that you want to support your rather silly rant. Which I didn't bother to quote.
I underlined the one I meant and the song meant as well.

So yea. Your grudge is showing. You know the one you wear as a crown.

grudge /grʌdʒ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[gruhj] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, adjective, verb, grudged, grudg·ing.
–noun
1. a feeling of ill will or resentment: to hold a grudge against a former opponent.
–adjective
2. done, arranged, etc., in order to settle a grudge: The middleweight fight was said to be a grudge match.
–verb (used with object)
3. to give or permit with reluctance; submit to unwillingly: The other team grudged us every point we scored.
4. to resent the good fortune of (another); begrudge.
–verb (used without object)
5. Obsolete. to feel dissatisfaction or ill will.

Source:Grudge @ dictionary.com

[edit on 13-2-2008 by WraothAscendant]

[edit on 13-2-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Because it’s the easiest let’s do the great flood first.

You, as a believer in god, know the list of “begats” in the bible and know that they add up to roughly 6,000 years. The world hasn’t been flooded in the last 6,000 years, in fact there is no trace the world has ever been totally flooded.

Poor arguments have been put up by theists that it has been flooded but the fact is, the undeniable world wide factual evidence is available, there is no sign, across the world, of a world wide flood occurring at a fixed point in time, particularly in the time scale of the bible. It didn’t happen.

The great flood is the one thing that could be scientifically proved and presented world wide as undeniable evidence of the existence of the biblical god and stop the evolution debate (that’s destined to wipe out the faith) in it’s tracks yet the church doesn’t see that it’s worth while attempting to prove it even though, compared to proving evolution, it would be simple and relatively cheap.

Why do you suppose that is? It’s because it is something that could be proved if it had happened but, scientifically, it is accepted by the church it didn’t.

So what if the flood did happen?

Well, all the animals of the world couldn’t cross the planet to get to the meeting point.

I think the people of the day would have noticed “poofing” animals they had never seen before and become suspicious i.e. killed them.

So what if all the animals mysteriously did appear?

Oh dear the polar bears died of the heat. All animals cannot survive in the same climate or under the same conditions.

Okay they survived.

How did Noah make an Ark bigger than they were capable of at the time? And if he did, and therefore knew how it was done, how come they couldn’t build them after the great flood?

Okay so he mysteriously built the ark that couldn’t be built.

We’ve got the dimensions and the dimensions aren’t big enough to hold all the animals + their food + store their waste.

Sorry there’s no “so what if it could” for that one. It just didn’t and couldn’t happen (god should have thought more carefully about the size of the ark).

It’s interesting to note, Moses would have had no idea how many animal species there really were across the world at the time he was chatting with god. Oh well, no bearing on the dimensions I guess.

So the waste? They couldn’t dump it due to the rain or prevent it from destroying the wood in the boat. Then there’s the methane and ammonia build up. How did they collect the urine?

How many people were on board? How did they feed the animals (from the food they couldn’t store). There weren’t enough people to care for the number animals there would have been (that couldn’t fit on the ark).

Of course, because the ark had to be sealed due to the rain, it had to be lighted. Where did they store the oil for the lamps and how did they handle the CO2? One covered chimney? I somehow doubt it.

So now we have a methane, ammonia and CO2 build up.

Let us not forget here that the ark also needed to contain enough food for the herbivores and carnivores when they arrived, for as long as it took to be re-established the worlds food supply destroyed in the flood (that’s going to be a rather large amount of meat and vegetables, hope they had refrigeration).

Moving on: If you attempted to dismiss all that, which can’t be done, what happened to all the water? Look at Gods law: in order to survive we need to exist in a “closed system”, the water can’t get out. We know it’s not under ground, we know it’s not in the sky, so where is it?

Maybe we can’t find a trace of the world wide flood because it didn’t involve water?

Theists dismiss evolution because, as they point out, life is too complex to happen by accident.

So part of the complexity is the carefully created genetic rules god provided.

Here’s one of the good ones: if you interbreed you will get genetic degradation which will lead to extinction.

I am a little surprised god didn’t alert Moses to that one when he was loading animals 2 x 2 and several of others into the Ark.

It didn’t happen, a theist can attempt to explain it by using modern science and a re-interpretation of the bible (and in the process prove they don’t believe in god by treating god as an idiot too dumb to pass on what he meant) but fact will remain fact: No flood occurred, no guessing, fact.

So what are you going to do? Tell me the bible is open to interpretation? Tell me god bent all his laws that made him great in order to have his flood?

Okay, here’s the final point, let’s assume god broke all his natural laws in front of Noah and his family. I’d say that was pretty impressive wouldn’t you? Something you are likely to remember?

How come, if we all descended from Noahs little family group and have the same original knowledge passed down (including gods demonstration of power to ignore all the natural laws created by god), why are we debating this over the internet? Why is our history and heritage not the same across the world, especially given the biblical fact it’s only been a few thousand years and we know man can retain his heritage for thousands of years.

No need to answer the questions, the answers are part of historical and scientific fact.

That’s one down.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join