It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even 'Off' Cell Phones Can Listen In For The Govt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

This isn't news. This info has been out. This is why cell phones are prohibited from many installations or sensitive meetings, as Foreign Intelligence Services can use them for remote listening too.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

While the technology exists to listen remotely, etc... it is highly inaccurate to suggest that every call/text/pic is monitored.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Well, if God knows where you are why worry about the devil all that much-
Jesus is the ultimate cloak for a believer and a great hope in these unstable times

Psa 91:1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall rest under the shadow of the Almighty.
Psa 91:2 I will say of Jehovah, my refuge and my fortress; my God; in Him I will trust.

yrs
y

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
then if this is true as any one else experienced wierd things happening to their cell phones like the phone going off even if you know you left it on. but that report suprised me

[edit on 3-1-2008 by krish56]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Not sure about any of this, but I do know from working on secure gov't datacenters that you are not allowed to carry a cell phone into the datacenter with you. I believe that is just so you are not taking pics of anything from your own phone though.

-B

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Jedi Miller I like the new aviator picture

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

That's one of the reasons. Typically in any SCIF type facility, or anywhere classified info is handled/discussed, cell phones, Blackberries, personal thumb drives, electronic storage devices, etc... are prohibited.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Originally posted by AllSeeingI

Cell phones can track you, record you, I bet they can even kill you if activated just right.

Imagine soon the cell phones evolve into small devices strapped to our wrists or arms. Then evolve into attachments to the ear. Then evolve to implants in the ear. Then evolve to implants in the brain.

Thanks for this thread AllSeeing.

Actually this electronic type of monitoring started with cable television which could enable the government to use it like a microphone/earphone and use your television set as a camera. They were able to do this whether or not your cable TV was on or off.

They could look into your bedroom or anywhere else you had a cable TV and watch and listen to you 24 hours a day.

This is why the State of California (starting about 20 years ago) required manufacturers of cable systems put the following notice in all cable packages:

Now does anybody feel naked?

Not that California expected the cable companies to comply, of course.

California just made them do it to cover themselves.

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Jedi, you da man!.

I heard that tivo has a function which can open the mic on the system and listen in on families, than coordinate advertising to there conversations.

Cable phones are tracked and listened in on by network traps the Gov has globally positioned for regions to be monitored.

Internet activity is tracked and monitored globally.

Cell phones can be triangulated and call records pulled as well as listened in on.

On star has been monitored as well as cops want the system to shut vehicles off when on star equipped vehicles are involved in a cop chase.

Verichip wants every one implanted so they can track every man woman and child on the earth by GPS.

Cops listen in on CB traffic when you blab while driving down the road.

Its getting tough boys and girls to stay below the government radar.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Wow John i didn't cross that thought yet but there's like no doubt in my mind.

And it's actually funny while people scare off getting microchips implanted into their bodies so the gov can "start" tracking them there we have mobile phones that is literally forced upon people.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Yes, mobile phones are really forced today even in not so well developed countries.
Don't forget to swich off the phone (that's not enough) and take the battery out the cell phone! - that's the way to cut the possible spying, while all is on electricity. This was told me by the guy who is not into conspiracies at all but it seems lots of people have 'the feeling' about spy listening with the cell phones.

XL5

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
No matter how the spying is done, you can stop it from transmiting.
By puting it in a tinfoil or copper container or pocket, you can make sure nothing gets to it or out of it.

If I had no morals, I'd charge $10-12 per copper pouch.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tac109

Jedi Miller I like the new aviator picture

Oh thanks, I figured my old one was getting old, so this is the start of a new year. Maybe I need one of a cat talking on the cellphone to stay on topic.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join