It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Hunt pics - Orbs and strange tracks

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

Yes please. That would be great thank you.

I think if more people did their own investigating, they would start to see that these orbs, among other things, are in fact real.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think you have a good amount of Spiritual Orb believers out there. But then to counteract that you also have high profile investigation teams out there like TAPS who dismiss them all as "just energy" or "just dust" without going the extra mile and actually performing the research necessary to really dig in and see and determine what the characteristics are of that energy or dust.

That mind set would be like a biologist saying, "Oh that's just a cell" without putting it under a microscope to determine what type of cell it is, what it does, what it's characteristics are so it can be identified again at a later date.

To be a real investigator means taking a true scientific approach even when it comes to studying the paranormal. You just have to find new and different ways in which to perform this study - using methods and procedures that aren't currently in place. It also takes time, patience and lots and lots of research if you really want to make a contribution.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by evo80
That doesnt look like the same thing. Sort of similar but not similar enough. I understand that it is difficult to believe in orbs, but do some investigating. Go to a place that is known to be haunted. Take some pictures and compare them. Maybe you will see something with your own eyes-I have. Thank you for your picture though, it is a good thought, but they are not the same thing.

I am amazed how ridiculous people can be only to get some ats points. It is the same thing. Try taking the picture without blitz. If the orbs react on light ( blitz ) then there is MASS in the air that reflect that orb. How hard is it to grasp that? Its a WELL documented fact. But if you are that ignorant, then this post is a waste of time.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Your photo exif data shows that the flash fired in those photos. Flash will reflect off about anything, moisture, dust, particles, whatever. You have a flash phenomemon, not a spiritual/ghostly one

You are looking for ways to believe, vs being objective. Kinda like going into a horse pasture in the midwest and looking for zebras.

The tracks are interesting, but, I know nothing of animal tracks.

I am a photographer and can replicate these results, ESPECIALLY with a compact camera.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
And then... there's the theory that Orbs are made up of matter that both emits AND reflects light. (Which I personally believe) So again, do the research to determine characteristics of the particular makeup of the orb and you'll have an easier time telling which it is - Spiritual or Mundane.

OP - I'll get you that data tonight. Could you please U2U me with a reminder?

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tep200377

I am amazed how ridiculous people can be only to get some ats points. It is the same thing. Try taking the picture without blitz. If the orbs react on light ( blitz ) then there is MASS in the air that reflect that orb. How hard is it to grasp that? Its a WELL documented fact. But if you are that ignorant, then this post is a waste of time.

You think I am trying to get ATS points? You think I would go take pictures to purposely try and get "something" to just throw on here simply to gain some points? Your post is ridiculous. You are the ignorant one. Is it that hard to accept that things like orbs do exist? Look, I have SEEN one with my own EYES. This was not a picture, this was a blue glowing orb floating around in a cemetery. AND I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE. Here are some links of the exact same cemetery where I saw the orb:

www.legendsofamerica.com...

books.google.com... 72,M1

www.custercountyco.com...
scroll down on this one and you will see:
"Famous for its mysterious lights first seen around 1890. The floating lights of various colors are reportedly best seen on a dark overcast night. The phenomenon was investigated and published in National Geographic in 1963, but the mystery remains unexplained."

This is why we went to have a look at this cemetery. So first seen around 1890, before digital cameras or anything close to it, the orbs were being seen. I know that not every ball on a picture is a real orb, but some of them are orbs. I have seen an orb in person, at this same cemetery. So am I really the ignorant one? I dont think so...

So I suggest you stop trying to put others down, start opening your mind and most importantly go out and do your own investigating. It is okay to have your own ideas you know. You dont have to accept what is supposedly "documented" as solid evidence of something. Many paranormal things can not be explained, that does not mean that since some researchers document their ideas on why it "cant be real" or whatever, that they are not a real phenomenon. Go look for yourself. Put yourself out there and open your mind and your senses. See what happens. It might surprise you.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
If it is something easily reproduceable, than why would one jump to the conclusion it is a spirit? I must have a ton in my house! All I have to do is pull out my little point and shoot and snap off a photo where a little dust has been stirred up by movement.

Here is a fast shot of the corner of my kitchen, I think I am infested with spirits!

[edit on 1/2/2008 by llpoolej]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by llpoolej
If it is something easily reproduceable, than why would one jump to the conclusion it is a spirit? I must have a ton in my house! All I have to do is pull out my little point and shoot and snap off a photo where a little dust has been stirred up by movement.

Then do it! Please prove to me that you can reproduce the same thing. In fact, prove it to yourself as well. I guess you will have some pictures that look just like mine up in about...20 minutes?

IF IT WAS DUST WHY WOULD IT NOT APPEAR IN EVERY PICTURE INSTEAD OF ONLY A SMALL PERCENT? PLEASE ANSWER THAT...

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Faster than that, look above. I must have been editing as you were posting. VERY easy to reproduce. Different colors, some even look as if they are moving! Whoa! Ghosts galore!

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by llpoolej

That looks like dust though. Dust is different. I will post a very interesting picture I found later. It isnt mine, but it is basically an orb that is being pierced by a tree limb. It isnt dust. Let me see what you think about that. It will be a couple hours since I am at work.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You think I am trying to get ATS points? You think I would go take pictures to purposely try and get "something" to just throw on here simply to gain some points? Your post is ridiculous. You are the ignorant one. Is it that hard to accept that things like orbs do exist? Look, I have SEEN one with my own EYES. This was not a picture, this was a blue glowing orb floating around in a cemetery. AND I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE.

No, you are not the only one trying to get points, and thats a fact. What you have seen with your own eyes could never be stated as a fact.

Here are some links of the exact same cemetery where I saw the orb:
www.legendsofamerica.com...
books.google.com... 72,M1
www.custercountyco.com...

Was this the best reference you could get?

scroll down on this one and you will see:
"Famous for its mysterious lights first seen around 1890. The floating lights of various colors are reportedly best seen on a dark overcast night. The phenomenon was investigated and published in National Geographic in 1963, but the mystery remains unexplained."

Been seen by whom? Attention seekers?

This is why we went to have a look at this cemetery. So first seen around 1890, before digital cameras or anything close to it, the orbs were being seen. I know that not every ball on a picture is a real orb, but some of them are orbs. I have seen an orb in person, at this same cemetery. So am I really the ignorant one? I dont think so...

No, I really don't think you are ignorant, just not that well informed about photo techniques. We have reproduced this phenomenan for you 3 times here, and you still don't admit to it beeing silly claims. And you now claim that SOME of them are orbs and SOME are snow crystalls from the tree you accidentally bumped in to on some of the pictures ?

So I suggest you stop trying to put others down, start opening your mind and most importantly go out and do your own investigating.

I have done my investigation with thousands of pictures over the years. It's my proffession.

It is okay to have your own ideas you know. You dont have to accept what is supposedly "documented" as solid evidence of something.

Thats what ignorant people do, ignore documented facts .. go figure..

Many paranormal things can not be explained, that does not mean that since some researchers document their ideas on why it "cant be real" or whatever, that they are not a real phenomenon. Go look for yourself. Put yourself out there and open your mind and your senses. See what happens. It might surprise you.

What paranormal things? There is yet a single paranormal event that has been prooven or reproduced. NONE...

Nothing surprises me, only fear .. fear creates a lot of halucinations ..

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by llpoolej

Lol, I tried finding some dust in this apartment, but its all cleaned up. I'm planning on debunking the "theader line" thread with the same technique and a movie camera. You know .. NASA and all the ufos flying around the theader line..

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Here is a pic showing an orb. I have zoomed in to show that the tree branch is actually in front of the orb. I think that this would be evidence that it is not just a reflection of something, right?

If the orb is transparent, and it is, ( because its dust or crystal particles out of focus) the white color would seem to be above because white color blends over black areas in pictures like this.

Heres a little snippet from another case with the same "ignorant" claim ..
"why black crosshairs dissapear behind elements on the picture"
www.badastronomy.com...

Bad: Crosshairs were etched in the astronauts' cameras to better help measure objects in the pictures. However, in several images, it looks like the objects are actually in front of the crosshairs, which is impossible if the crosshairs were inside the camera! Therefore, the images were faked.

Good: This argument is pretty silly. Do the HBs think that NASA had painted crosshairs on the set behind the astronauts? I heard one HB claim the crosshairs were added later on, and NASA had messed up some of the imaging. That's ridiculous! Why add in crosshairs later? Cameras equipped with crosshairs have been used for a long time, and it would have been easy to simply use some to take pictures on the faked set. Clearly, the HBs are wrong here, but the images do look funny. What happened?

What happened becomes clearer when you look more closely at the images. The times it looks like an object is in front of the crosshair (because the crosshair looks blocked by the object) is when the object photographed is white. The crosshair is black. Have you ever taken an image that is overexposed? White parts bleed into the film around them, making them look white too. That's all that happened here; the white object in the image ``fills in'' the black crosshair. It's a matter of contrast: the crosshair becomes invisible because the white part overwhelms the film. This is basic photography.

Edit: added url for quote ..

[edit on 2-1-2008 by tep200377]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I won't pass judgement on the orbs, but I have to say that those tracks look a whole lot like the deer tracks that are in the snow in my back yard, especially the picture that shows the footprint and the two lines next to each other.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Okay here is the link to the picture of the orb with a tree branch going through it.

www.sargel18.com...

I think it is pretty interesting.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Okay here is the link to the picture of the orb with a tree branch going through it.

www.sargel18.com...

I think it is pretty interesting.

The branch has dark parts and lighter parts, the dark part makes it look like the "orb" is going trough..

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
judging from your homepage, this would be an astral dragon in the smoke?

But in fact, its just my breath right before the camera went "cliiiick" ..

My 2 cents are on "attention .."

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tep200377

If the orb is transparent, and it is, ( because its dust or crystal particles out of focus) the white color would seem to be above because white color blends over black areas in pictures like this.

What? So because something is out of focus, it can then turn transparent?
Or am I not understanding your logic there?

And for the crosshairs, those are completely different. The crosshairs are not a 3D substance being photographed like the tree branch. The white fills in the black of the crosshairs, but that doesnt mean that the tree branch will fill in another light colored object. You have done nothing but prove yourself to be ignorent.

And that still does not explain why orbs are not appearing in every photograph taken, especially back to back photos taken within a second of eachother. Does dust settle at an incredible amount of speed? Does dust disappear and reappear magically?

You are stretching it here trying to compare pictures of the moon landing with cameras that include crosshairs to my pictures taken of actual 3D objects (the tree.) I think it is a nice attempt, but again it just is not a good argument. Show me something that explains how these "particles" do not show up in most or all of our pictures. I have a bunch of photos i did not post that are of the same area and have NO orbs, dust particles or anything else. Just regular pictures. So what was the difference that made those not show the particles but allowed these pics to have them? It just doesnt add up. Now i do not think that every single ball of light in these pictures is an orb, but some of them can not be denied. Then some of them are very interesting, and whether orbs or particles, should make people think.

I just wanted to share some pictures I took that I personally find pretty interesting. I was not trying to get into a debate on whether they were orbs or not. I wish that people like you would just go out and see what you can find, instead of trying to find some reason how they are not real. The FACT is that they are real. Its like the UFO thing, people who have seen a legite UFO know that they are real, then people who have not will do everything they can to prove that they are not real.

I say look around the internet, find out what areas are around you that have activity, and go check it out. The first time I went I came out of it amazed that I actually saw something. It is fun and gives you something to do for a night.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tep200377

LOL there you go again, putting people down. I dont care about the pictures with smoke adn drawings in them. I only care about the one where it has an orb being pierced by a branch. Your defense is to attack a completely different idea on that website and it is a very weak one. I think you are afraid of the unknown? You can not accept that there are "weird" things going on all around you? I dont get it. But people like you often have to put others down to feel good about yourselves...

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

What? So because something is out of focus, it can then turn transparent?
Or am I not understanding your logic there?

You dont understand the logic here ..

And for the crosshairs, those are completely different. The crosshairs are not a 3D substance being photographed like the tree branch. The white fills in the black of the crosshairs, but that doesnt mean that the tree branch will fill in another light colored object. You have done nothing but prove yourself to be ignorent.

You still dont understand the logic

And that still does not explain why orbs are not appearing in every photograph taken, especially back to back photos taken within a second of eachother. Does dust settle at an incredible amount of speed? Does dust disappear and reappear magically?

Does the dust in your house float in the same position all the time?
Does snow flakes float still in the air, or does it fall down?

You are stretching it here trying to compare pictures of the moon landing with cameras that include crosshairs to my pictures taken of actual 3D objects (the tree.) I think it is a nice attempt, but again it just is not a good argument.

You still dont understand the logic ..

Show me something that explains how these "particles" do not show up in most or all of our pictures. I have a bunch of photos i did not post that are of the same area and have NO orbs, dust particles or anything else. Just regular pictures.

I can make thousands of orb pictures in an hour. But funny enough, you debunk them yourself as dust, snow or other particles .. Why isnt MY orbs ghosts ?

So what was the difference that made those not show the particles but allowed these pics to have them? It just doesnt add up.

It adds up perfectly, you just dont listen or come to your senses ..

Now i do not think that every single ball of light in these pictures is an orb, but some of them can not be denied. Then some of them are very interesting, and whether orbs or particles, should make people think.

All of them can be denied .. ALL of them .. Who are you to choos who is or who isn't ?

I just wanted to share some pictures I took that I personally find pretty interesting. I was not trying to get into a debate on whether they were orbs or not. I wish that people like you would just go out and see what you can find, instead of trying to find some reason how they are not real.

And again, i can reproduce them within a second .. Without any paranormal activities ..

The FACT is that they are real. Its like the UFO thing, people who have seen a legite UFO know that they are real, then people who have not will do everything they can to prove that they are not real.

Tell you what .. bring a camcorder next time, they have the same CCD technology, and will show us the orbs .. DO IT !
And try this again in the summer .. I love to see it ..

I say look around the internet, find out what areas are around you that have activity, and go check it out. The first time I went I came out of it amazed that I actually saw something. It is fun and gives you something to do for a night.

The internett is full of BS. And yes , I've been out there taking pictures for many years, but I don't need any attention to something i can fabricate as paranormal..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join