It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Hunt pics - Orbs and strange tracks

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Hello, here are some pictures i got from a trip out to the Pioneer Cemetery in Pueblo, CO. There were three of us, and we all felt something about this one area, so we went over to it and took some pics. The first two were taken back to back, of the same exact spot. One photo had nothing, and the other photo had an orb show up in it.

Notice that there are different colored orbs in this pic, like the red one right next to the blue one on the right.

These next two are also back to back. One showed up with many orbs and the next looks to have one big orb and one or two small ones. No that is not the moon btw.

These pictures were taken with a 7.1 mega pixel Kodak EasyShare C763.

Remember, we specifically came to this section of the cemetery because we were picking up the feeling that something was there. These were not just "shots in the dark."

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Now for the strange tracks. These were taken on the same night, but in a different cemetery. This was the Silver Cliff Cemetery in Silver Cliff, CO.
I didnt get any orb pics, but the experience was amazing.

This was our second trip to this cemetery. The first trip was mostly to check the place out. There are stories about "The Lights of Silver Cliff Cemetery" and it is not too far from where my friend and I live, so we went. At that time I just had a cheap/crappy camera with a weak flash and no pics came out. But my friend and I did watch a blue orb floating around in one area. It was very interesting.

Fast forward to the second trip. We arrived there, the three of us, and saw that the ground was covered in about 7-10 inches of snow. This made it a little tricky, and possibly hazardous, but we decided to check it out anyways. The first thing we started to notice was that there were a few strange sets of tracks. One looked like dog tracks, one set was very weird like long lines about 4 feet apart, then there were some large tracks that went through the fence. It is a barbed wire fence, so something could have gone between the wires, but the tracks seemed too big for an animal that could just fit through.
Here are the pics of the tracks:

Here they are, again, about 4 feet apart

a close up of one of those line tracks

another close up. what could make these?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
These are the tracks that went through the fence:

Here is another one of the weird line tracks

We think that some of these were possibly "phantom dog" tracks. We were not picking up any feelings while there at first, so we all stopped and just absorbed the area for a few minutes. Then the girl who was with us said to look over to the area where the tracks were. We all saw these two shadow beings sitting there watching us. We think they were phantom dogs. The girl said that when she first saw them, she saw them with red glowing eyes for a second. We also all got a strong feeling that we were not wanted there and should leave immediately. We headed for the entrance and when we got to the car, which was parked right outside the cemetery, we looked back. The two shadow beings were now on the front side of the cemetery closest to where the car was. It was very strange, but kind of exciting. We are planning a 3rd trip back to that cemetery, this time with voice recorders and EMF readers. I will post the results of that trip after we go.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I would have to say the track lines are the most odd... but the orbs look like either many specs of dust or snowflakes that were reflecting your flash and were pretty close to the camera.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The pictures with the tracks and all the snow were in a town about an hour and a half away. The place where the orb pics were taken did not have nearly the same amount of snow, and it was a crystal clear night with no wind or anything. Actually a perfect night for ghost hunting, except that it was so cold. Also, the pics taken back to back should have shown the same reflections if indeed that is what they are, wouldnt you think?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
hey, nice pictures.

the orb pictures are very impressive. but, sorry to say but, the track are just rabbit tracks.

Rabbit Tracks
More Rabbit Tracks

sorry to break it to you but i do think you should go and try to get more orbs on camera. good work.

(flaged and stared)

[edit on 1-1-2008 by ucanneverdie]

[edit on 1-1-2008 by ucanneverdie]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Here is a pic showing an orb. I have zoomed in to show that the tree branch is actually in front of the orb. I think that this would be evidence that it is not just a reflection of something, right?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
In this pic you can see the tree through the orb. Again, if it were just a reflection it doesnt seem like it could do this because it would reflect the light, not allow you to see through the object. Also if it was dust or something else with substance, you shouldnt be able to see through it at all I would think.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'm not a professional, however I believe those tracks to be much larger than a rabbit. They look almost reptilian to me. By the looks of it the creature has large talons and the lines in the tracks looks as though the talons were dragged across the surface while the creature was moving.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The "orbs" are snow particles.
The tracks are rabbit.

How the hell do you get reptillian out of those tracks? Some of you people need to take a nap.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Okay, I do not believe those tracks are reptilian either. But i also do not believe that they are rabbit tracks either, unless it was a huge rabbit. The tracks were large, and about 4 feet apart. The snow was about 7-8 inches where those tracks were, so i just dont see a rabbit making them.

I also noticed that the images were cut off a bit, so I went to photobucket and resized them. That last track by the fence was huge and deep, and also it was alone. There was just one. Then after resizing the pics, you can now see in the last pic i put up of the line tracks, that it was not consistent. You can see how it went from a deep hole with two lines coming out of it, to just two lines, then to just small holes.

As for the orbs being snow particles, how would they only show up in 25-30% of the pictures? Not only that, but how would I only pick up "particle" on some of those pictures? Then you have the ones that came out red and blue, wouldnt snow particles be the same color, probably white? Also, you can see that some of these had a lot of energy in them, and some did not. I have researched what true orbs and false orbs look like, and these do not look like the false orbs. Then there is the fact that it was clear, with no wind that night, and we were outside of this section of the cemetery because it is gated. That means nobody could be kicking around snow particles in there.

Obviously I knew that these pictures would be criticized, but I have studied how to take pictures, what to look for to differentiate between false anomalies and real ones, and the cemetery has a reputation of activity that is even documented by at least one other team. Then you add in that we were picking up on something in that section, and got successful pictures. I just do not see it as coincidence or snow or dust. There were many other pictures with nothing in them, so in my opinion, that shows that it was not something in the air, or something coming from street lights or anything like that. In fact had i not seen an orb floating around with my own eyes, I wouldnt even take orbs too seriously, and that was the case before I started getting in to ghost hunting.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
As a fellow investigator I will say that I don't believe all those orbs to be a result of moisture in the air. I see some clearly defined faces in some of them and others demonstrate characteristics that are commonly found with spiritual orbs.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by evo80

A note to remember is that... seran (sp?) wrap can also reflect light, but it is also see-through

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by isitmagic
A note to remember is that... seran (sp?) wrap can also reflect light, but it is also see-through

Yes, but I would think that when taking a picture of something reflecting light, you would not be able to see through it because the light itself would block out anything behind it. I guess I will have to test it to be 100% positive, since I am not an expert in photography. It just seems that if indeed there was light reflecting off of something, that would mean two things blocking the view of the tree, the light itself, then the object causing the reflection, but there is nothing blocking the tree. You can see the outline and substance of the tree. So I bet that if you took a picture of saran wrap, you would get nothing but light, blocking out anything behind the wrap, wherever the light reflected off of it.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

Hey, thank you very much. I do appreciate your comment. Obviously there will be things in pictures that are not orbs, or any other anomoly, but there are definitely things in pictures that are these things. Like I said, I never used to give orbs much credit, thinking it probably was something explainable, but then I saw one with my own eyes and have since photographed many. Also it is strange that you can take hundreds of pictures and get no orbs, then when you take pictures of an area where you feel something at, or an area that has a reputation for being haunted, you get these orbs. If it truly was particles of dust, snow, moisture etc, then you should get these orbs in most of the pictures you take because dust is everywhere. Particles are floating around everywhere. I just hope more people at least give it some thought and maybe go out and do their own investigating. It is fun and you can learn a lot.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I took some pics on Christmas day that show the same thing that you are calling orbs. I am sure that an experianced photographer could explain it easily.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
I took some pics on Christmas day that show the same thing that you are calling orbs. I am sure that an experianced photographer could explain it easily.

Hi, I would like to see your pictures. Is it possible for you to post them?
My cousin has some pictures of the inside of a house she was showing and she got some orbs. The lady who owns the house said it is her husband and that the orbs show up in many pictures taken inside of her house.
Anyways, I am interested in seeing your pictures and comparing them. Thanks

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The orbs are just your flash lighting up small particles in the air. Try do the same thing blowing up some dust in your apartment and then take picture of it with flash.

Im going out now to take an example picture ..

And here you have it ... same thing ..

[edit on 2-1-2008 by tep200377]

[edit on 2-1-2008 by tep200377]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
That doesnt look like the same thing. Sort of similar but not similar enough. I understand that it is difficult to believe in orbs, but do some investigating. Go to a place that is known to be haunted. Take some pictures and compare them. Maybe you will see something with your own eyes-I have. Thank you for your picture though, it is a good thought, but they are not the same thing.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
You're welcome

I actually did an extensive 3 year long study on Orbs to determine the charactertistics of Spiritual Orbs vs. Mundane. It helped a lot on investigations when trying to determine their nature. If you're interested in the findings I'd be happy to provide them for you.

<<   2  3 >>

join