It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2008

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
In the evening, that vibration was back again and I kept feeling small quakes and hearing the house creak-- I had a feeling something was coming. Why always at night?

11:55 pm, 3.8 and at first, they said it was epicentered in Cold Springs, about 15 miles north of Reno. I didn't believe that, and of course, by morning, they put it back on the Verdi/Mogul fault. Is this normal-- having to second-guess the equipment? The "experts" keep saying they're baffled-- but they must have some guess or suspicion... something.

damntheptb, did you notice feeling hot, then cold after the quake last night, and also the increased static electricity?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kattraxx
In the evening, that vibration was back again and I kept feeling small quakes and hearing the house creak-- I had a feeling something was coming. Why always at night?

damntheptb, did you notice feeling hot, then cold after the quake last night, and also the increased static electricity?

I am wondering about why at night also.... and yes, we had to turn our fan on because our bedroom was hot, and then less than an hour later, i had to get up and turn it off because it was cold...

I have not noticed any letup in the increased static electricity.. it seems, i cant even kiss or touch my family without shocking them....it was romantic at first (ahhhh.... a spark..), but it got old fast.... ha ha

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It's got to really mess with you trying to cope with something like this. You seem to be doing ok considering, but it's got to be nerve wracking all the same.

Well we knew it wasn't going to be good when the scientists seemed "baffled" by all of this. Still somebody must know something or at least suspect something. Most people are inclined to vocalize their theories to pump the ego. This quietness is a little too suspicious if you ask me.

I read that the National Guard was practicing earthquake response drills out there along with local fireman and police. And if FEMA is out there something is definitely up. I mean Katrina hit New Orleans and we didn't see them or hear from them in days. Now they are hanging around for a swarm of quakes that may or may not turn out to be something? I don't think so. Sometimes there is more information in what people don't say vs. what they say.

Have you smelled the sulphur smell that others are reporting?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I have not noticed any sulfer smells, but i have not been to lake tahoe in months... just a lot of shakes, confusion by the "experts", and all we still here is "prepare" for a large 6 or 7

I and a few others here in reno have noticed an increase in static electricity in the effected area(less than 5 miles from epicenters), and a constant "hum? vibration" below us.... I dont notice either here at work(10 miles from epicenters), but DO notice it, the moment i get home.

lots of strangeness.... static electricity, lots of roaming dogs, birds acting weird (ive had a daily # of 10 or more pigeons, and smaller birds on my roof throughout the day)

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
See, that's just not right. Obviously somethings getting ready to happen. I hope it's not a big one, but we all know it will be.

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us. If not for people who live in the area talking about it, we'd all be almost completely in the dark. My heart goes out to you and the others.

Keep us posted...

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by michigangirl
See, that's just not right. Obviously somethings getting ready to happen. I hope it's not a big one, but we all know it will be.

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us. If not for people who live in the area talking about it, we'd all be almost completely in the dark. My heart goes out to you and the others.

Keep us posted...

The only question is WHEN, not IF ... these little things could go on for years, but i doubt it, its been over 2 months, and 5000 shakes, over 600 bigger than 1.0 and at least 4 over 4.0 in past few weeks...
quake.usgs.gov...

i wish i was reading this from another area, but since i am in the midst of it, I might as well keep updating.... I have no computer at home, so from 5pm till 7am, some of the other locals will have to keep you updated...

[edit on 8-5-2008 by damntheptb]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Just read a comment on the local paper talking about the "big" meeting with scientists and the gov.

apparently there was a meeting before the "meeting" with press.... I wonder if the scientists told what they really thought, and then were told what to tell us......

be prepared....... be prepared.... yeah yeah, we all know to be prepared, but for what? when?

I know that NO expert is going to say.. "yes, a big one is coming tomorrow" or anything, because then they would be liable for panic and outrage if it didnt hit, but come on!!! just feed us something more than
"there is a possibility that these are aftershocks from the 4.7, unless another large one hits, then they are foreshocks...."

I think that I am bothered more by the lack of any "real" info, than the constant shakes we have felt here for more than 2 months... And why o why do they always hit in the middle of the night?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Sorry Kat I am not used to that site, I only use it because it will show quakes of lesser magnitude than the IRIS Seismic site. But on IRIS, as you move your mouse over and area it gives all lat and longitudes, and the magnitude of each quake, and location. Hope that helps.

www.iris.edu...

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
2.7 M 2008/05/09 10:08:05 34.282 -117.454 10.7 SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
2.8 M 2008/05/09 08:40:03 35.880 -89.990 11.2 ARKANSAS
2.6 M 2008/05/09 07:43:09 33.744 -116.037 3.4 SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
2.8 M 2008/05/09 04:48:10 33.539 -118.184 15.7 SAN PEDRO CHANNEL, CALIFORNIA

3.1 M 2008/05/08 23:44:14 34.024 -117.146 4.5 GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA, CALIFORNIA
5.5 M 2008/05/08 23:21:07 36.127 141.690 17.0 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
4.6 M 2008/05/08 22:43:08 35.615 139.992 63.8 NEAR THE SOUTH COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
4.9 M 2008/05/08 21:18:56 36.019 141.022 97.8 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Fairly calm night, actually slept well.

As I've said, I lived in the SF bay area for a long time, but never practically on the epicenter of any quake, so what damntheptb and I, and others, are experiencing must have more to do with living so close to this swarm. There are definite physical effects, both before and after a quake of magnitude 3.0 or higher.

I wish I'd thought of it before, but I'm going to keep track of everything from now on-- especially how I feel before a tremor. Damntheptb is right-- if you pay attention, the animals' behaviors are different, birds too, even the strange cloud formations. I'm going to try to log all of this as much as I can-- anything out of the ordinary, right down to the static electricity, which is nothing new to us up here in this dry climate, but the humidity was 50% the day I was shocking everything I touched.

I think I might go try to find that fissure in the ground over in Somersett this weekend, if I can figure out exactly where it is. If I do, I'll bring a camera. I just want to see this thing. Yesterday, I noticed a "crack" in my lawn, just a couple feet long, with millions of tiny ants swarming around it.

Damntheptb-- yes, why always at night?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kattraxx
Yesterday, I noticed a "crack" in my lawn, just a couple feet long, with millions of tiny ants swarming around it.

Damntheptb-- yes, why always at night?

I know ants are nothing new in nevada, but I have noticed the same thing along the walkway to my front door, and in my backyard area... cracks with seems like millions of ants pouring out......

ive never not noticed ants out here, but not quite this many.. Wonder if the constant vibration is drawing them upward...

I will also keep track of "things" I notice....
It was good to get a solid night sleep!!!

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I thought I would post this link to a Web-Bot run, it's pretty interesting and timely with current events:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

www.halfpasthuman.com...

...The data sets are pointing toward this [earthquake] as being the [first of parts] of the [natural disaster] which will be in place here in the USofA by the end of the year. The data is suggesting that a [combination/union/joining] of manifesting circumstances which are shown as being spread over the year will combine to form the basis of the [calamitous circumstances] for the [populace/USofA] by/through Fall. We have some preponderance of data sets pointing toward the [offshore] of the [northern west coast] of the USofA as being a [triangulated point] for the location of the [earthquake]. The [earthquake] is described as being a [lifting event], and [inducing (rolling) waves] which further are described as [altering hills] and [breaking dams] as the [waves] course [toward/to the east]. Further data suggests that the [earthquake] will cause [flooding] both immediately, and later in the Fall as the [aquifers] and [drainage patterns] of the lands have been altered. In addition, the [flooding] aspect/attribute set applies to the [earthquake] in that it appears as a [flood of earthquakes] rather than merely a single event. The data suggests so many [tremors] that it will be [academic] as to which to pick for the [earthquake] and which to pick as [aftershocks].

[edit on 9/5/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Here's a link for all ya' ll in the areas of Nevada going through these daily quakes, and along with the link I send my best wishes for all of your safety.

www.seismo.unr.edu...

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Back down to 288 on a week overview -- the thing that strikes me is the quakes within the 2 red circles I put on the map -- when I first started following this thread and adding to it, I basically don't recall any within those circles -- do all these at once look unusual, to anyone who knows about this more...?

And here is the Orange one at the far left of the map
Magnitude 5.0 SOUTHERN GREECE
Saturday, May 10, 2008 at 20:53:01 UTC
Location 36.354°N, 22.300°E
Depth 24.2 km (15.0 miles)

[edit on 5/10/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
There are areas within both of those circles that are VERY seismically active. If you spend a few hours on USGS.com or even any search engine you can find out alot about historical earthquakes, not just the last few weeks. There are volcanoes in the Caribean for instance.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Just a word of advice if you get a big quake... keep your shoes by the bed at night, and stay away from any windows or tall furniture (like a bookshelf) during the quake. I know it's hard to think clearly during them. I am in Southern California and was nearly at the epicenter for the Whittier Narrows quake in '87.. (a 6.0) and also experienced the Northridge quake in '94 (a 6.4) ... both were pretty scary and seemed to go on forever. Anyway, after being woken up from a sound sleep for both of those, I always keep shoes right by the bed just in case I have to walk over broken glass.

Be safe.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

Nothing unusual about quakes in Europe at all, more that the USGS notices

www.emsc-csem.org...

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join