It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope's exorcist squads will wage war on Satan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Pope's exorcist squads will wage war on Satan

www.dailymail.co.uk

The Pope has ordered his bishops to set up exorcism squads to tackle the rise of Satanism.

Vatican chiefs are concerned at what they see as an increased interest in the occult.

They have introduced courses for priests to combat what they call the most extreme form of "Godlessness."

Each bishop is to be told to have in his diocese a number of priests trained to fight demonic possession.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The pope has apparently been learning from bush and blair - if someone doesn't agree with you, paint them as the worst kind of extremist in order to isolate and contain the threat they represent.

This is the "modern" pope who also wanted to emulate thatcher in returning to "traditional" values.

Of course the fact that "traditional" values have fallen somewhat by the wayside, doesn't tell him they don't work, but that everything and everybody is wrong except those in power.

Still, I can't wait to see roving gangs of white haired priests performing ad-hoc exorcisms on people who have been unsuspectingly possessed.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Thanks for posting this, its a hilarious concept

I am just picturing those old fellas wandering around splashing holy water randomly on people, yelling the "power of christ compels you b*tch."

Oh and I like the way you said "unsuspectingly possessed"

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Well, I know a few people who may appear possessed, and I'll be warning them to steer clear of men in long black robes carrying holy water, especially if they look as though they've been eating pea soup.

Joking aside though - is this new pope for real?
Perhaps he'd do better to look at why people are leaving the various churches in droves - a couple of millenia of lies and manipulation will do it, I think.

[edit on 29/12/2007 by budski]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
No one expects the Vatican exorcism! Our main weapon is surprise, holy water….. Wait, our two main weapons are surprise, holy water and an almost fanatical devotion ….. Ok, among our chief weapons are surprise, holy water and an almost fanatical devotion to our new modern pope. Now submit before I have to use the comfy chair!

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well this is from the same Church that blamed homosexuals for the child molesters in their clergy. Go figure. I'm wondering if they are going to be out and about trying to sprinkle holy water and do exorcisms on folks who are Satanists, or into the occult or simply non-Catholic.

This gives new meaning to the term "ghost-busters". And are they saying there is a dramatic increase in demonic possession?

I think they should start with our government, I can just see an entire army of Catholic priest exorcists showing up at the White House, fighting off the legions of Flying Monkeys...

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
here's some more from the same article as the OP;

The Vatican is particularly concerned that young people are being exposed to the influence of Satanic sects through rock music and the Internet.

In theory, under the Catholic Church's Canon Law 1172, all priests can perform exorcisms. But in reality only a select few are assigned the task.

Under the law, practitioners must have "piety, knowledge, prudence, and integrity of life."

source

So, the influence of satanic sects through rock music and the internet?
- I've always thought that satan was just another invention of faith - ghosts, demons etc may be something else, but the "devil" is just another scare tactic so the church could exert more social control.

The part about canon law really gets me: practitioners must have "piety, knowledge, prudence, and integrity of life." this pretty much rules out most of the RC church then.

I'm starting to think this pope is as crazy as a loon, and doesn't he just love the limelight!

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
So, the world's problems stems from the rise of occultism,eh? Can anyone say bull#?
It is really apparent what the world's problems stem from. Gross materialism and religious fanatics are the actual culprits,but I'll cease and desist. By the way, occultism and Satanism shouldn't even be uttered in the same breath. They are diametrical polar opposites.

[edit on 29-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
As silly and as outdated as his plans may sound he does have a point, there is an increased interest in the occult and Godlessness is indeed rampant, just look at many of the threads here.

There are those that experiment with things they know nothing about, contact meta physical entities and in the process end up opening up doors they don't know how to close. This can be dangerous.

It is weird how things happen to those who believe, I mean doesn't demonic possesion only occur among Catholics and not others?

In the Philippines people really believe in the dwende, little people or Filipino-leprechauns that live in open fields. Apparently if you trample the ant mounds the dwende will be disturbed and you will be possesed.
Why does this only happen to filipinos?

I know we are all victims of our own beliefs but even this can be both a blessing and a curse.

[edit on 29-12-2007 by Alxandro]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Alxandro, that has been going on from the beginning of time. To say that that is at the "root" of the problems in this world is preposterous. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see who the real culprits are of the degradation of this world, and it damn sure isn't occultists.

[edit on 29-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
IF they go with this plan I just wonder how much time will have to pass for the word "occultist" or "satanic" to change to "unbeliver" ...

[edit on 29-12-2007 by Thill]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

That'll probably be his next headline grabbing idea - "POPE REINSTATES INQUISITION!"
Unfortunately, he'll have to get round health and safety at work.
Although lots of people wandering around shouting "heretic" and "burn the witch" will probably contribute to "GW" and he doesn't seem to want that either.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I love this. If they came up to me I'd totally play along with it. I'd make it as dramatic as possible!

OMG! Heeemala lotu wang ranga ZARGGGGG *Demonic tongues* then I'd fall to the ground in convulsions and rise as the spirit of Christ... touching and hugging others gently as they walked by me in a scurry to get to work.

Just wait until the army of Satan gathers its excorcists... oh God, here we go. The comedy pedestal of Earth. I can't even take any of this seriously anymore. I just laugh.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Considering the topic at hand and the hilarious antics you describe leads me to believe this would make a good Jim Carrey or Jack Black movie.

Quick, someone call Hollywood.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Yet another anti-Catholic thread via budski. No surprise there.

So this is what ATS has come to ... a bunch of people with no understanding of a subject, sitting around with nothing better to do then to ridicule a christian church for practicing it's beliefs.

Ya'll SPOUT errors about that which you don't understand.
Ya'll SPEW anti-Catholic bigotry.
Ya'll RIDICULE those who practice their faith without hurting others.

How very noble and enlightened of you all. :shk:
Ya'll go ahead and keep rolling around in the mud.
The filth on the outside matches the ignorance on the inside.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Take it easy man.
I don't understand why you are so quick to defend the occultists but no one said anything about them being the root. The culprit is actually "the power of negative influences over man" which, I would agree with you, has been around since the beginning of time. This is why you must not blame God, "whatever He or It is", for the actions of its believers.

If the occult floats your boat thats fine I just have enough respect for it to know it is a slippery slope and that messing with it could be extremely dangerous.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Wait, so you think it's completely rational for the Catholic Church to do something as silly as this? It looks like nothing but fearmongering. Oh no! "Occult" religions and "godlessness!" Never mind that the majority of Satanism has nothing to do with anything else "occult," but that doesn't stop them from mentioning it.

Satanism! Occult! WE ARE DOOMED!

Oh Christ, give me a break.
(Pun intended)

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

im sorry but i have to agree with FlyersFan

It's a free world and under UN law, they are entitled to freedom of religion and shouldn't be mocked for doing so.

And I don't think this is targeted at the Anton LeVay Satanism, which most teens are interested in. He is talking about the uber-duper nutters who think the Devil is like a god and worship him

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Here's an update, by the way, thanks to the Drudge Report.

Vatican denies exorcist expansion

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I also agree with FlyersFan,

Everyone has their own methods of RELEASING THE DEMONS!

At least the vatican doesn't push pills and therepy on people.. yet?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join