It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion heard at Bhutto rally (Bhutto Killed)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Foz news just aired the murder weapon on the ground at the scene. The odd thing here is, the hand gun looks like it maybe a military type and its lying with blood all around it but none on it. The scene looks like it was staged by some one placing there hand gun down with no marks from an explosion, no blood stain from the shooter blowing himself up after shooting Bhutto. News reports stated the shooting was by a shooter firing an AK47 and blowing himself up, now we are shown the qweapon as a semi auto hand gun.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Let's add another twist to the story. From Wikipedia...

Khalid Khawaja, a retired officer of the Pakistan Air Force who was in the ISI in the late 80s, rejected a recent denial by the Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz) that its leader had ever met Osama bin Laden.[4] Muttahida Majlise Amal President Qazi Hussain Ahmed had said in a recent interview that Sharif had repeatedly met Bin Laden, who had offered him money to topple the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) government in 1990.[5]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldShadow

Reminds me of passports that survive planes crashing, giant explosions, fire and falling buildings to land on top of a pile of rubble...

Look all you stupid sheeple, here's a gun. All the proof you need for our version of the story.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
CNN is reporting that Bhutto is to be buried tomorrow. They showed images of her casket being carried by a group of men. Is it just me, or is it strange that she is being buried this soon?

No autopsy? I have a feeling a civil war in Pakistan is nearing a reality.

-Droops

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrOOpieS
Is it just me, or is it strange that she is being buried this soon?

No autopsy? I have a feeling a civil war in Pakistan is nearing a reality.

It's Islamic-custom. The dead are supposed to be buried by sunset the day after they die.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DrOOpieS

From what I have heard, it is typically expected for Muslims to bury their dead within 2 days of death. So then, yes, they are most likely going off to bury her.

Edit: Probably depends on what sect of Islam it is.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by spec_ops_wannabe]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

I figured it was something like that. Thank you for that piece of info.

CNN just aired an image that is supposedly taken before the attack. She is shown standing in the bed of a pickup truck waving to a large crowd.

-Droops

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The INI in Pakistan is a suspect in my mind. The INI stood to lose a great deal of funding if Bhutto was elected. The INI also sent $100,000 to Mohammed Atta shortly before 9/11. The head of the INI was meeting with people in the administration on the morning of 9/11.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
CNN confirms she was in truck going very slowly through crowd. Three shots were fired. She was standing out of the sunroof, and slumped back in. Some speculation of a sniper and suicide bomber.

-Droops

edit: Shots possibly came from behind or right hand side.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by DrOOpieS]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I have no answers to the cause of the death of Bhutto. Just want to bring forth a few pieces (or possible pieces) of the grand puzzle. Yes I know most of this has already been brought up.

The Pakistan election is next month - good timing to keep much of the oppostion from backing possible candidates other than those already mentioned here.

Bush told Musharraf to do everything possible to ensure Bhutto's safety. - We know now that this protection failed.

Shot by sniper, followed by explosion? Perhaps this is the next Dealy Plaza. Are we certain that the sniper is the same person as the one who blew up themselves? Perhaps this was an inside job and the bomber was nothing but the 21th century's own Oswald?

With so much tension between Pakistan and it's neighbors as well as from within, what's next? A civil war, military coup, a UN or USA takeover, or perhaps nothing to be concerned about.

With the nukes in place, I can see Bush making some sort of issue to move much more troops in to "stabilize" the country. Perhaps he will use the so called Al Quaida involvement as some sort of excuse to invade Iran. Does anyone smell a possible delay or suspension of the next presidential election and of reinstating the draft?

Since I'm not up on the politics of India would it be possible that they would take advantage of the event and attempt to take over some Pakistani land? Would Iran do the same thing?

How does China and Russia fit into the overall picture?

Wow, so many good post. Seems as if I've taken almost one hour to read all before posting.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MKULTRA

Considering that Bhutto wanted to deal with the Islamists with a much harsher hand, the ISI would have probably recieved more funding.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

I have a feeling that a possible "Peace-Keeping" force will be sent to that region. I do not think US troops would help much in quelling violence if things go bad over there.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity Lost
Bush told Musharraf to do everything possible to ensure Bhutto's safety. - We know now that this protection failed.

Replace 'Bhutto' in the above with 'The Bomb's' and you have a chilling prophetic utterence.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yea I agree about they medias use of "unknown or unnamed sources", but in this cases I assume the man is on the run.

It has been a we while since we heard from Al-CIAda

I also have to agree with some of the posts that Mrs. Bhutto is far from a Saint.

[edit on 27/12/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrOOpieS
CNN just aired an image that is supposedly taken before the attack. She is shown standing in the bed of a pickup truck waving to a large crowd.

Here's the Getty Images© photo from moments before...

She's standing up thru the SUV's sunroof.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Anybody who thinks this wasn't an inside job needs to get their head checked. The facts are all there.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

She was sworn in for the first time in 1988 but removed from office 20 months later under orders of then-president Ghulam Ishaq Khan on grounds of alleged corruption. In 1993 Bhutto was re-elected but was again removed in 1996 on similar charges, this time by President Farooq Leghari.

After completing her early education in Pakistan, she pursued her higher education in the United States. From 1969 to 1973 she attended Radcliffe College, and then Harvard University, where she obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree cum laude in comparative government.[6] She was also elected to Phi Beta Kappa.[5]

The next phase of her education took place in the United Kingdom. Between 1973 and 1977 Bhutto studied Philosophy, Politics, and Economics at Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford. She completed a course in International Law and Diplomacy while at Oxford.[7] In December 1976 she was elected president of the Oxford Union, becoming the first Asian woman to head the prestigious debating society.[5]

On 18 December 1987 she married Asif Ali Zardari in Karachi. The couple had three children: Bilawal, Bakhtwar, and Aseefa.

She had an interesting background. I was surprised to see that she attended Harvard University and was a Phi Beta Kappa.

Link

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

So anyone who doesn't agree with you is either stupid or insane? Sounds about right.

Would you care to forward any evidence you have that it was an inside job, before you make sweeping declarative statements that we're all mentally deficient?

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Business Standard Reports "All bets off in India"

... even those looking for best case scenarios predict that Pakistan could quickly slide into anarchy.

Meanwhile, paramilitary forces have been put on alert on the Indo-Pak border following the assassination of Bhutto, a home ministry spokesman said.

However, it is the short-term management of the situation that is causing deep worry in New Delhi. Observers say Pakistan has already been gripped by widespread and deep anger at the Pakistan army, which is seen as the proximate cause of the assassination. If ordinary people descend on the streets and begin attacking symbols of military rule - and Pakistan descends into civil war and chaos - India’s borders could become unsafe.

India will also watch closely the moves made by the United States now. US had supported Bhutto’s role in the democratic process. Whether US will continue to view Gen Musharraf as the last bulwark against Jihadi elements or if he will be seen as part of the problem remains to be seen.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
I am not surprised that she was assassinated. However her death could have been a good thing, we will tell in time. It is time for the Pakistani people to finally realize that the terror regime has to end and this revolution must start with the normal civilians lashing out on terror/extremist groups.

I hope the best for Bhutto's family and I hope this sparks the fire in every civilians heart to speak out against extremism.

I wouldn't quite put ot like that- Her sudden death is sparking uprisings and outrage which could lead to further unstability in the country.

The Isalmist extremists need to get a grip and quit being pain to everyone.

Respect life and respect peace once these knuckle heads learn this the better off we will be.

I'm afraid it will only get worse now.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join