It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion heard at Bhutto rally (Bhutto Killed)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

That was quick, and all that information including that Zawahiri ordered this in October?

Are you buying this report? It seems too much info too quicky?

It may be correct but it isn't sitting right for me yet, I was expecting this to be put on terrorists but wasn't expecting this so soon.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Well I know who is going to gain from the chaos in Pakistan, Oil is now up to 97 dollar a barrels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the oil barons will be able to get it to 100 dollars finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway Only a terrorist supported will die for a cause but what is most interesting is who will put the money and plan the attack for whatever purpose.

In other words anybody can use a martyr to die for a cause when the money is right.

So Musharraf has a lot to gain, no competition for power.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I don't think Musharraf gains anything but more chaos and instability from this.

Martyrs are a real headache to try and campaign against - I don't think he had a direct hand in it. He may not have given her adequate security though.

The Islamists have wanted Bhutto's head in a platter for a while, I think they finally just pulled it off.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
I don't think Musharraf gains anything but more chaos and instability from this.
hand in it. He may not have given her adequate security though.

Musharraf gains more power, he already has a Supreme Court (which he appointed, because the previous would not support his presidential bid). All supporters to him.

The interim government was hand-picked by him, all allies.

The new general of the army is a stance ally of him.

He gains control over the Country. After all, he is a dictator who came to power via a military coup (he overthrew a democratically elected government)

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I don't think this is going to help keep him in power.
If anything, I think this marks the beginning of the end of his reign.

Musharraf may be a dictator, but his MO is arresting or deporting his opponents, not blowing them up.

We all know who's in Pakistan that specializes in suicide bombings and the like, and it's not Musharraf, like him or not...

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I don't know. Its just a report.
The info about Zawahiri was background from the paper, not the AQ rep.

Zawahiri did in fact call for Pakistan to be attacked. At the time I posted that it seemed to be a call to mostly leave Iraq and return to Afghan/Pak. Since then the fighting in Iraq (Sunni on Shia) has dwindled remarkably, while the fighting in Afghanistan and Pakistan has intensified dramatically.
Zawahari has also called on the Pak military to stop following Mushi's orders, so they don't get killed.

If you follow Bill Roggio's reports you'll notice that since Zawahari's call, suicide bombings particularly on military installations has become a weekly routine. Military convoys to the area being attacked and kidnapped has become almost a daily routine. I don't think Mushi or Butto is behind that.

If you browse certain websites you will see they are extremely happy about Butto's death. They are also saying that Mushi is next, and reiterate the call for the Military to turn on him.

Why?
Here is some of many posts I've seen today, giving me a bit understanding of what they think.

BENAZIR BHUTTO HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN KILLED WA ALLAHU AKBAR!!!!

an attack that terrorize the ennemies of Allah

Please do not make the mistake to consider all Arabs or all Pakistanis Muslims. The people who support (supported, alhamdoulillah) Buttho are not muslims because they are democrats and they worship the opinion of the majority.

The Offensive of the Islamic State is on going and it will target also Musharraf but this time deadly his Military has no chance this time,i hope the Military turns against him...
because all members of the Military are Sunni dominated Muslims and they dont deserve the Death... Presidents of Algeria, Morocco, Lebanon,Saudi-Arabia, iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Tunisia, Syria, Jordan, Libya .... are Murtadeen/Apostate

Just sayin

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Bush needs to demand that U.S. Special ops need to have free reign in taking down AQ in Pakistan. Musharaf is solely responsible for not protecting her while she was in the country. Musharaf needs to choose who he really wants to back, The U.S. or AQ.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

And . . . who is going to go against him . . . Musharraf has not opposition right now but hand picked yes man .

His only opposition was Bhutto . . . he is free to rule at will now.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Pakistan will become the new Iran because the West has yet again backed an undemocratic and unpopular government just because his support to our agenda

He will stay in power cause Britain and the United States cannot afford to have him not in power.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
In the news now, Musharraf said elections will go on, but with no opposition he will win.

Now the opposition party that Bhutto was part of it is going to boycott the elections, so this will end up with no election at all.

So who benefits again? Musharraf.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

I agree with you whole heartedly. Musharraf has to know that if it could be proven that he was involved in this it would be suicide to go forward and assissinate her.

No both Al Qaeda and the Taliban have far more to gain in an unstable Pakistan than Musharraf ever would.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Thats not quite correct Marg... there was that guy (name escapes me) Musharraf himself overthrew... he is still alive last I heard and his party had already announced that they would take part in the elections... it was Bhutto's party that was threatening to boycott them.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
There is already a state of chaos in much of Pakistan due to the assassination.
Instability doesn't serve Musharraf's interests, or the West's.

There are more players involved in Pakistan than just Musharraf and the US/UK, and Al Quaeda & allied Islamists have already launched a campaign of terrorist attacks to destabilize the country.

I realize this is a conspiracy site, but sometimes the obvious suspects are the guilty ones. And as much as I dislike US foreign policy, it's mostly irrelevant here.

Musharraf loses out & loses power if Pakistan destabilizes further.
The US/UK lose out if Pakistan destabilizes further.

Only one player involved has something to gain from chaos and instability in Pakistan, and that's the Islamist crowd.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Nice Post ! Thanks for the information, I can see that AQ would be pleased with the assasination as evidenced by your quote, it will certainly be chaotic there for awhile, I hope this isn't the catalyst to civil war.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
So, does anyone think Ron Paul will be assassinated next?

Theres some talk he just may be offed. One thing is certain, the events churning out in pakistan will be a marker to judge reaction if R.P. is targeted and taken down during election time. He probably will be checked off with a heart attack.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Could this have been two independent assassination attempts? The sniper - a pro, and the suicide bomber - a zealot. Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Nawaz Sharif who was another former prime minister has made this statement as reported by the AP:

"Benazir Bhutto was also my sister, and I will be with you to take the revenge for her death," he said. "Don't feel alone. I am with you. We will take the revenge on the rulers."

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
When a public figure insists on being in the public, how do you protect them against something like this:

[edit on 12/27/07 by makeitso]

---------------------------------
Edit to 'space' link - stretching page

[edit on 27/12/07 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
By analizing all the post here so far this is what I conclude by now:

-There is more than one party that is going to benefit from Bhuttos death.

- AQ benefits from the instability, it forms a breeding ground for terrorist groups

- Musharraf benefits from instability because he can't hunt down the terrorist and by that I mean whoever opposes him and stay in power indefinately.

- Oil of course

- The US, maybe they will use this development to get tough of Pakistan.

So as far as I'm concern this might be the action of many people not just one.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Makeitso,
Is that second imsge you just posted of the actual attack on Bhutto?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join