It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion heard at Bhutto rally (Bhutto Killed)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

G, I agree Pakistan was our biggest threat then and is now. I think this is going to go down hill in quick fashion. But I do not think that this can be blamed on the current administration. If anything America needed to keep its enemies closer after 9-11. I dont think Bushco really trusted Mussharat, just wanted the status quo as ussual. The alliance between Pakistan, the Taliban and the leftover Mujahadeen, was forged long before even Bush Sr. took office. With the current way things are now it was a sure bet events like this would happen. And it wont be the last IMO. You can also bet that the US, Russia and China have a few sat's aimed at the nukes. Any change in status and i would think the major powers would act just as quickly. my hope anyway, but this could spiral.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Bhutto Killed=Pakistan Chaos=Nuke Hunt=Iran War

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The problem with this is that Pakistan does not store complete fully assembled nukes in one location. The nukes are in a few different parts which are spread throughout the country and only a select few know the exact locations.

The more likely scenario would be the terrorists gaining control of some fizzle material and sneaking it out of the country giving al-quaida the ability to build a dirty bomb.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

So by not backing the Musharaf govt, would you have openly opposed him?

If you would not have "backed" Musharaf, who then would you have "backed", and of what would that backing have consisted?

In 2001, as today, Pakistan was a country with fairly secular military government controlling a majority population sympathetic to the Taliban/Al Queda. A country that already possesed nuclear weapons and mid-range delivery systems.

Would you have attacked Musharaf's government?

If not, how would any of the recent events have been changed or affected?

[edit on 12/27/2007 by darkbluesky]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
....Here Local On Line news is saying this was ordered directly by Al Q No. 2 Man!!

...well havent been on ATS for long but as the wise people on this site teach me I think we should be asking ourselves some questions and giving ourselves the answers

.. sounds like lots of BS to me.. Mussh.. could have ordered another coup and solved the elections problem..don't you guys think??

...this is the work of someone who wants to start some havoc..the old divide and conquer thing...

hasta la vista baby!!

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Ron Paul's reaction to Bhutto's assassination was on point. I saw it on Fox but cant seem to find it on the net yet. He pretty much said we should mind our own business and not get involved.

If anyone runs across it please post it.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well this is just terrible. I really feel for Bhutto's family and supporters
...I had a bad feeling this might happen to her...Now things are really going to get crazy over there...I expect a war out of this....

I just got on CNN and saw these pics taken by Getty Images Photographer John Moore. He has been taking photos of her for months now. He took the last photo of her before her death....and the blast afterwards...Here they are...

Bhutto before she was shot...

The Blast afterwards...

[edit on 27-12-2007 by wrangell76]

sorry...forgot the link to the story and photos...www.cnn.com...

[edit on 27-12-2007 by wrangell76]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
DrOOpieS,

If things go bad over there, I don't think anyone can prevent the bad from going to worse.

Chakotay.

Replace 'Bhutto' in the above with 'The Bomb's' and you have a chilling prophetic utterence.

So true, so true. It's time to go shopping for ton's of spam, duct tape, and anything else that might help up get by.

infinite,

How are my questions as to what lies ahead in Pakastan's future not not related to this thread?

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
According to CNN's Wolf Blitzer. Bhutto sent out an email on October stating that if ever she was murdered, Musharaf would be behind this.

I have no proof of this email. Just reporting what was on CNN a short while ago. No smoking gun here.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
shes dead ohwell she was going to allow the americans to have some presences in pakistan no way i want that to happen.
as for pakistan beoing nuclear so what? its good thing those of you that say they are a threat look at your own countrry if your american.
and they have the right to nukes well just as people say israel has for deffence so does pakistan and id like americans do anything about pakistan i cant see them goin to war hopefuly they get the **** out off.
as for bhuto shes dead and musaraf proberly did ha something to do with it well i wouldnt want to see pakistan close allies with american

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by manzoor

I'm lost for words.
An ATS member has just justified the killing of a supporter of democracy

oh, nice to see the link to Israel....not being too bias are we

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

well let me clear this i said i dont care if she dead i aint sheding a tear and as for israel im saying they have nukes (illegaly) then pakistan should be alloud.
she made her grave as soon as she stepped foot in pakian but now im not sure whos behind it maybe musharaf or militants i dont no.

and dont tell me you are for having nukes in israle

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by manzoor
shes dead ohwell

My, aren't we the bloody well of human kindness? But I suppose as long as it's not your own Mum, it goes that way.

And have another flog at the Yanks, even though there's not a shoelace to tie them in yet.

Just down another pint and be on about yourself.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Well, she was just last week quoted as saying something about Pakistan's 'religious schools' 'teaching children to kill.' So, that would NOT have made the extremists too happy... You can't mix religion & politics - as this is what you get.

J.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

well i didnt like her so i dont care!
and she isnt my mum and if it was my mum that different duh!!
and mate i dont drink im muslim

[edit on 27-12-2007 by manzoor]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hollywoodbaby

Yep - I'd put money on Al Q'eda/Taliban elements - maybe with a little help from Pakistani intelligence services turing a 'blind eye' at the last moment... Hard to be sure though.

J.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

and mate i dont drink im muslim

Ah, well that explains a lot, especially the bad attitude you are showing in your posts.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by manzoor

Well you should care. She was a muslim, who was a political secularist, who would of keep out the extremists. Do you want a Taliban like Pakistan?

She was the first female to lead a muslim nation.

To behonest, it's your opinion if you don't like her, but it doesn't mean you have to parade it across this thread

Show some respect.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by manzoor

And I'm not English, but I played one in school once.

Not liking someone's position is a far cry from disliking them on a personal level. When a fellow human dies a horrible death, murdered as it were, most of us that claim sentience tend to not bash 'em before they're cold in the coffin.

The last time I was in the UK, people tended to have more class.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

shes dead ohwell she was going to allow the americans to have some presences in pakistan no way i want that to happen.

Who put you in charge of deciding what country has presence where?

as for pakistan beoing nuclear so what?

Pakistan is unstable and could fall to extremists who would use the nuclear weapons against innocents. That's what.

its good thing those of you that say they are a threat look at your own countrry if your american.

This makes no sense whatsoever.

and they have the right to nukes well just as people say israel has for deffence so does pakistan and id like americans do anything about pakistan i cant see them goin to war hopefuly they get the **** out off.

Please use some punctuation. Run on sentences blur your statement to the point where people don't even want to read what you say.

as for bhuto shes dead and musaraf proberly did ha something to do with it well i wouldnt want to see pakistan close allies with american

Why are you bringing Americans in this unless there is evidence to suggest Americans are involved?

I know you think you set forth a great argument, but I've read your post five times, and I still don't know what the hell you're talking about. Please use better grammar and punctuation next time so people understand your view point. If people can't understand it, there's no real point in posting, now is there?

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
The last time I was in the UK, people tended to have more class.

*waves hands excitingly in the air*

Oh! I have class m'dear chap

But, to be serious, I agree with everything you've said. The dead should be given respect

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join