It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion heard at Bhutto rally (Bhutto Killed)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Esoterica, I agree to some some extent. I was not there of course. The report I read spoke of a few shots. Which is very different from a close range attack with an AK on full auto, where we could expect at least one or more hits from a full magazine at close range. I also of course dont know where the shooter was in relation to her vehicle. Too many unknowns at present to speculate, just a gut feeling Im getting that this was a little more than what it seems. But news is being updated even as we speculate.

However, nothing changes the fact that a Lady was brutally murdered by cowards.

All speculation aside, we must feel a sense of loss and outrage at this brutal, cowardly attack and our thoughts must be with family and loved ones of the many victims who perished in the subsequent bomb blast along with Ms Bhutto.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoterica

I agree. Using a Landrover (bullet-proof glass or not) then sticking your head out of the sunroof when you know people are trying to kill you does not amount to a difficult target. It seems pretty foolhardy really. What were they thinking??

J.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by jimbo999]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Doug Hagmann for Homelandsecurityus.com is saying on his website that Al Qaeda has claimed responsibility for this.............www.homelandsecurityus.com...

This should be interesting to see how this plays out

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I'm not saying it couldn't have been an "inside" job. But extremist Islam would probably want a pro-democratic and powerful woman dead as much as Musharaf would. And the MO isn't much to go on.

Then Again, I've heard that Israel has assassinated people in the much same way- group of armed thugs run up to car, pump it with bullets, and disappear into the crowd. Because in that part of the world, you can get away with that. Could have been a Musharaf hit, I'm just saying that lots of people could have wanted her dead.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
[edit on 27-12-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Lets see this woman was unpopular in the first place (no brainer) a muslim woman going into power in a muslim country is not gonna happen...These people are serious about their beliefs (even the moderates)shehas been living in the western cities for 8 years because of self exile when they went after her the first time for corruption...Her father was assinated for corruption.She was warned numerous time and even self admitted that the terrorists were after her already another no brainer for those of you that think Musharrif or our govt did it...They would of been much less sloppy in doing it....O and those saying all she was for was dempocracy and that Musharrif should of put extra security on her...Well it seems here in the states we do not expect our president to put extra security on our candidates here....And you know aswell as I do our candidates have enemies aswell....

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Analysts believe Islamist militants to be the most likely group behind it.

I thought Islamist militants hate Musharaff ? And they kill his opponent ?

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2believeor0
Perhaps another interesting point is that inspite of all the promises of assisting the war on terror good ole' Osama has never been found 7th year running.

Interesting you should bring that up in light of a recent interview with BB in which she claimed that OBL had been killed by Omar Sheik. It's about 6 min in.
www.youtube.com...

There's also quite a bit more evidence of OBL being dead. whatreallyhappened.com...

I doubt it has much bearing on the assassination, but it is thought provoking.

As to the assassination itself, I find it to be very bad news indeed, and perhaps the chosen trigger for the globalists depopulation war. It's in the region where all the people are, and nukes are present. If you don't pray, this may be a good time to start.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Now we have Dr. Friedman from Stratfor saying on FNC that the killer had a handgun and that there was likely 2 people involved in the assasination.

That's the first I heard this angle, all day it was an AK47 weapon.

How credible is the information from Stratfor?

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Sad sad news.

But not surprising.

The questions now are who did it and why?

If Mussarif was behind it, there has to be a bigger fish then just him.

Every gut instinct in my body is telling me that WE had something to do with this... and by we, i mean the USA...

The world is primed to explode now, could this be the catalyst to blow it over the edge.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei
news.bbc.co.uk...

They have tried numerous times to kill Musharaff, but failed.
They hate his opponent even more because she was very 'pro-west' or at least had a lot of western influences.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei
news.bbc.co.uk...

The Islamists hate Bhutto too.

She was a relatively pro-Western democratic moderate Muslim - a philosophical enemy of the Islamists for sure.

There are more than two sides at play here - there are several, each viewing the others as enemies to some extent.

[edit on 12/27/07 by xmotex]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Why would the US have anything to do with this? Bhutto was very pro-west. It would have been great from the White House's point of view for her party to gain power.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Every gut instinct in my body is telling me that WE had something to do with this... and by we, i mean the USA...

I recommend you don't trust your gut feelings often because this theory of yours is way off the mark and there is no evidence to support your case.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Bhutto - The Final Moments

...from the recollection of Getty Images© photographer John Moore.

[edit]
3 shots and then the bomb/suicide.

Safety in the confines of her armored-SUV, yet she stands and waves to the crowd. Why?

I know... in regards to thanking supporters, but... why? given previous attempts in simialr situations.

$.02

[edit on 27-12-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

[edit]
3 shots and then the bomb/suicide.

Safety in the confines of her armored-SUV, yet she stands and waves to the crowd. Why?

I know... in regards to thanking supporters, but... why? given previous attempts in simialr situations.

$.02

[edit on 27-12-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

My guess is that some of her own advisers were in cahoots (or indirectly in some way) with the assassinators where they assured her that 'everything was covered' and that she was completely safe to stand-up out of the sun-roof to wave to everybody.

I also think she lived in a bubble, a little out of touch with reality regardless of what she's been through over the years. It's been 8 yrs since she's been back in Pakistan and maybe her own advisers were trusting people they should not have been trusting in terms of security matters.

For example, I saw one interview she did recently where she was saying that Islamist terrorists would NEVER kill a woman because according to the Koran, that's the fast track to Hell. Well, how did she come up with that one?? Sure, she's an extremely intelligent person but like I said, I think she was a little.. ok, A LOT out of touch with the world outside of her comfortable bubble.

And that she's managed to survive this long, perhaps she felt invincible toward falling victim to such assassination attempts. There's a certain amt. of 'unreality' here that we're dealing with on her part. She's a role player... her whole existence and purpose in the scheme of things were wrapped up in illusion but it's an illusion that surrounds the Kennedy's and the Windsor's and so on... the illusion of royalty and entitlement. And with that illusion comes a certain sense of invincibility (albeit a false sense of it) -- and this is where reality intrudes with a vengeance.

Like what happened today.

PS -- Oh yea.. She's got a martyr complex too so I'm sure this contributed to what happened today too.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This is addressed to all those who think this will send Pakistan into a civil war:

Pakistan IS in a state of civil war. Has been so for the past one or two years. Just hasn't been officially declared is all. The only places where there is some semblance of authority and stability is in the major cities, which also happens to be where the western media reporters are based. In the other regions, nobody respects the rule of the military, and practically everyone is opposed to it, and they will take a shot at the government if they can. That is also the reason why the people in the rural regions and half the people in the cities support the extremists -- in their eyes, they are the lesser of two evils.

Furthermore, this is also why the American military was able to perform air-strikes against suspected terrorists in the border areas -- it's really not under the control of the Pakistani government. I'm willing to bet that the Pakistani military actually supported such actions. They only put up a fuss in the media so as not to alienate their own supporters and to show that they are not entirely 'pro-West'. We all know how it would turn out if they showed themselves to be too pro-West (shot in the neck).

One major reason why the people hate the military as much as they do the pro-Western people is that out of all the tax money the government collects, 80% or more goes to military funding. If you lived there, you'd hate the military, too.

Anybody living there who has money has left or at least sent their children overseas where it's safe. If you can find a Pakistani who left that country within the past year or so, you can verify all this with them.

Pakistan's days as a whole country are numbered. It will cease to exist. It's part of the NWO plan for the control of oil.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
This is addressed to all those who think this will send Pakistan into a civil war:

Pakistan IS in a state of civil war. Has been so for the past one or two years. Just hasn't been officially declared is all. The only places where there is some semblance of authority and stability is in the major cities, which also happens to be where the western media reporters are based. In the other regions, nobody respects the rule of the military, and practically everyone is opposed to it, and they will take a shot at the government if they can. That is also the reason why the people in the rural regions and half the people in the cities support the extremists -- in their eyes, they are the lesser of two evils.

Let's start with the first paragraph. Why don't the people trust the military?

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

Military coup by Musharraf which led to military rule by him with no end in sight + the reason I stated in the third paragraph of the previous post. I have a feeling that reason in the third para carries more weight than the coup + the General's rule. People don't like taxes, more so when they aren't benefiting from it.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by manzoor
Shes dead oh well

WHAT??!! I didn't know her personally but its clear to me you are totally clueless. I have been struggling all day with the fact that a brave woman who knew of the risks but she kept on- was murdered today and you have enough gall to say oh well? Life can be taken away in a second like what almost happened to me and my aunt lastnight. I was really scared when that car sped past us off the ramp. So understand why I'm struggling with this.

You have no aspect of what life and death consists of. If it was between her continuing her hard work trying to stablize a war torn country into a peaceful one and little ole me who has no impact on the world at all- I would have traded my life for hers in a heartbeat. Now since she's dead I have to watch whats in store in the days ahead. Something I rather not see. What I rather see is people coming together in peace. But now its not gonna happen its only going to get worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join