It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion heard at Bhutto rally (Bhutto Killed)

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Oh golly gee, yet ANOTHER CONFLICT in the world involving the Religion Of Peace.

How many is that now?

... And it didn't even make it past the first page before someone started blaming this on W or the US.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Well good for you, I was responding to another post. Plus did you say that she was killed by shrapnel before they were reporting it today, doubt it.

BTW-If you're going to tell other people to post only important things that you think are relevant to the OP, you should consider what you post like your last one.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by efbeenie

If anyone could translate this for me, that would be fantastic.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by geemony

You get a whole bunch of stars for a post that you obviously forgot to read completely in your haste to find a way to bring twisted politics into this forum, your twisted politics

Get a grip of yourself and learn that the link to US bad policies in the region came from the news itself while covering the story.

This blaming came from the Bhutto party blaming US for no providing enough security to keep her alive.

Take your bickering with them

Deny ignorance.

[edit on 28-12-2007 by marg6043]

[edit on 28-12-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by efbeenie
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Plus did you say that she was killed by shrapnel before they were reporting it today, doubt it.

By shrapnel? Don't know but it was the bullet that severed her spinal cord, (That was deemed her cause of death) anything from the neck down would affect everything movement, breathing and her vital organs.

Pakastan would not have the advanced medical know-how to treat injuries such as one Bhutto suffered. Thats why she was declared dead a hour later. I don't know of any big-time hospitals in the middle east area- unless you fly to France.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by geemony

Of course all governments do it... the problem is among other things our rhetoric which asserts that we are different... more moral, more humane, more just and righteous.... if we had no such rhetoric there would be less of a problem.... the disconnect between our ideals and behaviour is just too glaring.

[edit on 28-12-2007 by grover]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jgruh4e

Defient to the End

she didnt cower away and went down fighting for her cause

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I am going to play the devil advocate and bring the issue of her corruption charges that seems to been forgotten even when some has try to bring it on.

She had millions in swiss accounts and I wonder if the people that provided that money to her may have also something to do with her death.

It is easier to blame terrorist groups or the Pakistani government itself

But when is millions around and corruption charges I just wonder . . .

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Again, how is it America’s responsibility to provide security for Bhutto? Tell me please how its Americas responsibility to protect her or any foreign diplomat outside of America?????

I understand you only said what you heard during the coverage Marg that, "Analysts were saying it was the US's fault", but you posted it as if you agreed with their assessment. Or you give no support either way as to how YOU feel about the statement they make. It’s pretty easy to post something but not have an opinion about it huh?

I think to Deny Ignorance would mean to break away from vague statements like the one you heard during the coverage. Considering most of the time some people state the media is just a support structure for the Bush Administration. Nice how views change when the MSM's coverage meets our own agendas isn’t it?

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by geemony

Of course all governments do it... the problem is among other things our rhetoric which asserts that we are different... more moral, more humane, more just and righteous.... if we had no such rhetoric there would be less of a problem.... the disconnect between our ideals and behaviour is just too glaring.

[edit on 28-12-2007 by grover]

Bingo, was his nameo G, I 100% agree that this is a fact to which we are all guilty. Of course Americans think we do it better, just as russians feel thier way is best and so on. However with radical fundementalism the rules are out the door. There is no honor among thieves so to speak. Its thier way or the machete way. There is no tolerance for other views or other ways of doing business. Fundamentalist are hardend in thier beliefs and if you do not fall in line with those beliefs then its death.

So yes I guess I do feel that the Democracy We in America enjoy and the Democracy America is trying to promote in other countries is way better than what the fundamentalist radicals have to offer. IMO of course

Take care

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
Defient to the End
she didnt cower away and went down fighting for her cause

Was she really fighting for a cause? Or was something else driving her? It is amazing what people will do in the quest for power, even put their own lives on the line.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
A rather odd development...

The Pakistani Interior Ministry is now reporting that Bhutto didn't die from either bullet wounds or shrapnel. They're now claiming she died from a head wound as she "fell back into the vehicle". (?)

hmmm..

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by geemony

That has to do with the fact that US government wanted her to leave her exile to provide a new challenge to the Pakistan nation in their road to democracy US style.

Perhaps the Bhutto party has more knoweldge into this littler facts about how Bhutto sucumbed to the safety of exile and into the grip of a violent nation to put her life in danger.

More and more is going to come into light as the Bhutto party anger toward US for all the promises and lack of actions for a person that now is death.

The only thing that US did was to told Musharaf to made sure that Mrs. Bhutto was taken care off and keep her safe, now the blame is put on the lack of safety for her life and occurs US involvement.

Is all in the news you just have to listen.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

You're kidding, right?

Even if that is true, Pakistan's leadership needs to know when to keep it's mouth shut. People already suspect them of being involved. It's stupid to come out with some horse # like that.

All they're doing is giving people more of a reason to doubt them because that really sounds like a stupid explanation.

They could stand to take some propaganda lessons from countries like the US and Russia.

[edit on 12/28/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Ok well I have a retort. Please dont take this personal Marg, but I dont think you fully understand that AQ and the taliban had the most to gain from her death. Mussharif is prob scared to death at this point . OR maybe he is in league with AQ and allowed this to happen. I dont think we will ever know for sure, however what i do know is that if something isnt done very soon a nuke will prob. go off somewhere in the world.

And so what if the US wanted her to run for office. Thats what democracy is all about right? haveing the chance to choose which government to elect? Not be told what to think or how to act but to decide for yourself who to vote for.

But alas, you still think America runs the world and tells leaders in the world what to do and how to think. Wake up!!! there are way more evils out there in the world than the United States.

And i might add you can fill volumes with the information you dont hear or see in the news!!!!

Edit for civilness sorry

[edit on 28-12-2007 by geemony]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by geemony

This blaming came from the Bhutto party blaming US for no providing enough security to keep her alive.

Oh great, the US can't win no matter what.
First we are bad because we get involved in everyones business then we are even worse for not providing enough security for everyone.

I wish the US would just say no to all, bring everyone home once and for all and tell the rest of the world to effoff.

Next time there is world crisis you're on your own.

Nothing like tough love to straighten out the youngens.

Is there a candidate that can and will finally do this?

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by geemony

The only thing I believe we can agree with is that in countries like Pakistan and Middle eastern region the governments and different opposing groups within the nation has no problem killing their opponents and enemies and neither have remorse when their own people gets caught in the middle of their road to power.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Here's another article which claims no bullets found in her body, but a piece of shrapnel from the bomb, fractured her skull.

No bullet injury in Bhutto's body: Doctor

X-ray showed no sign of bullet injury in PPP leader Benazir Bhutto's body, the doctor who treated her at Rawalpindi hospital said.

The doctor claimed that Benazir's death was due to some shrapnel, which hit her head and fractured it.

He also added that Benazir's cardiac arrest was due to brain injury.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The way the story is going I will not be surprised is a conspiracy arise on her death due by lack of proper medical care.

I will have to agree that all this information is making the whole thing looks suspicious now.

The big question how did she actually die from.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by geemony

The only thing I believe we can agree with is that in countries like Pakistan and Middle eastern region the governments and different opposing groups within the nation has no problem killing their opponents and enemies and neither have remorse when their own people gets caught in the middle of their road to power.

signature
I have a mouth as sharp as a dagger but a heart as soft as silk.

Is this your way of saying it's OK for the US to get be involved after all?

Just wondering if that silky heart is for sympatizing with the enemy.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join