It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How-To do Astral Projection

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by TheOracle

Regarding the noises: That is usually when I know I will be able to project is when I hear them. For me, 99% of the time it sounds like .... well, in the matrix when Neo swallows the pill and gets overtaken by the mirror? The noise that it makes when the camera goes down his wind pipe, that is the noise that I hear before I can project.

Sometimes though, if I get stuck in sleep paralysis I have heard some bizarre things.

I have always been conflicted as to whether I AP-ed or was hit with the sleep paralysis. I know that I will be extremely exhausted the next day if I have an AP/sleep paralysis event. I also sometimes hear the murmering of many voices right before the event. I thought for years that I was projecting, but two years ago I learned about the sleep paralysis, and honestly I was disappointed. I don't feel like someone is going to get me- I just feel like I am being yanked from my body and can't open my eyes or move. I have never been able to turn myself around and look at myself or anything. I immediately fight the sensation and snap back like a rubber band. What do you think? More likely to be AP or sleep paralysis?

edited for spelling

[edit on 31-12-2007 by raven bombshell]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I think that the paralysis can lead to an AP if your mind stays aware....i mean its a guess ..maybe not so educated guess but a guess to say the least.
I feel the transition between a AP and your dreams are so close together that one go into another easily...from my experience. It is something I would really like to practice and document my diff experiences....I have had sleep paralysis and that s very distinct feeling because it's where you feel trapped; that's a sucky feeling for sure....

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well, I am sure I have had the paralysis because I wanted to open my eyes and couldnt. I haven't been able to do any if this stuff lately because my health is not the best, and I am not getting good sleep. I have been trying to get back to a normal sleep cycle so I can actually dream again. I miss my dreams.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I would definitely say you have to get your sleep time on a schedule and have a routine to get it back in order....normally i will do that when my sleep gets messed up...I feel also if I eat really crappy then it messes with my sleep..its amazing what they say about your diet affecting your life.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I totally agree. I started taking Melatonin a half hour before I plan to go to bed. It really works for helping me sleep. I am starting to feel like I am getting better sleep. I think I need to keep the TV off, too. I got into a bad habit with leaving it on.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

Personal opinion here, I am far from an expert...

It sounds to me like you *could* be in the early stages of AP or an OBE. But it mainly sounds like you are in Sleep Paralasys. If that is a state that you can duplicate or practice, it could be beneficial. You just need to be aware of it and expect it before you go to sleep. When it hits, try not to panic and try to make your escape...

It isn't as easy as it sounds. It can be scary with the noises that you will hear, or the things you will see. It is also difficult to juggle your awareness.. You need to be aware of the situation, but not so aware that you wake up. I have raised my "astral" arms before to try the rope technique, only to have my real arms raise. It is a weird sensation, because you still feel detached from your body. It is like you are moving someone elses arms, but are aware of it... on the outside looking in if you will. But it was so distracting that it woke me up and I was unable to get back to that state.

I have been having a hard time dreaming lately as well. I work nights and have to flip between days and nights twice a week. It kills my natural rhythms and makes it next to impossible to remember my dreams. For me, good dream recall is essential for any of this to happen. Mainly because I got started in all of this by Lucid Dreaming.

Anyways, good luck with the sleep. Start a dream journal if you begin to remember your dreams again.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Thanks for the advice. I plan to keep the journal. I used to have some really epic, Apocolyptic dreams. They were so detailed. I feel like my lack of REM sleep has contributed to my Fibromyalgia, too.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
omg! My dreams are so crazy..I feel like I could write a different book each night w/ my dreams..There's always a theme and storyline to mine...I used to write my dreams down, which I think is something good as well because you pay attention more when you are sleeping and as well it helps you lucid dream. I dream about mars, the government,etc...

I really love my dream experience, I just need to practice my Ap experience.

And I'm notorious for leaving the tv on, but to offset that I always put the timer on. If you get a routine doing the same thing each night it will help alleviate that stress and sometimes that stress from not sleeping affects your daily life...I have had insomnia for a couple days before it is an awful feeling....but eventually your body will give in if you let your mind relax..

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
For the last year or so I've had pretty inconsistent sleep, mainly due to crappy pillows. But in the last few weeks since I've started reading and practicing the Astral Dynamics techniques, my sleep has noticeably improved. Now I need to take care of the crappy pillows.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
i definitely feel you on the crappy pillow scene...if i sleep on too many pillows it really messes me up!

Back to my question if any one has any answers or information: Has anyone experimented or tried to document the AP experience? Any proof to show you are really in that state?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I feel like the only way to be able to prove AP is to be in control 100%. You could have a trusted friend place a note on the wall in a locked room. When you project you read the note, and then tell the friend what it says after you return to your body.

I wonder if there are people who can see astral bodies. Are they the same as ghosts/spirits? Could a medium see you? I used to read all of Lois Duncan's books as a young girl. I believe she wrote "I Know What You Did Last Summer." Her books would often be about young people with paranormal abilities. One of her books was about an adopted identicle twin who found out that she could AP, and then her evil twin (who had already learned to AP) tried to take over her body. The evil one's body was somewhere else dying and the plan was to take her healthy sister's body. Anyway- there were people who kept seeing the main character in places, but it was actually the astral body of her evil twin.

Of course it is fiction, but when I would get sleep paralysis I always thought I was trying to AP, and I would get terrified and fight it because of that book. I'm in my 30s now, so I feel pretty stupid that a teen story, whowever chilling, would still be affecting my brain so much.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I havent too many experiences but some encounters that may be real or not?? I believe i have seen an angel(or another explanation could be that the angel is an interpretation of something else so i could comprehend/identify what i saw and realize that it was ok) and also a shadow of a woman and child?? But the experience overall seems as though i am alone. I could try the note thing for sure...i need to practice a little more so i have some control over my body and the speed at which i travel(because i feel like i zip real fast) and focus on my surroundings so i could read the note. I would definitely be scared if an entity could take over my body...

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
When i was a kid something incorporeal would shake my foot when I was having a nightmare so I would wake up before the boogedy got me. As I got older I started being able to take control in my nightmares and either fly away or materialize a weapon or shield. I can also zip right back in an interrupted dream when I go back to bed. I think that is common to a lot of people though. I sometimes go back into the bizarre ones when I really dont want to go, though. You'd think I would chill out about the sleep paralysis.

My sister is a certified sleep tech. She does all of those wires and reads the tests afterwards. She actually suscribes to trade magazines and is really intent on anything to do with sleep. I had SP for years before I found out what is was.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I was wondering does anyone know of mp3's or downloads
which you can listen to, to help induce an oobe?
Having experienced an ap when I was a teenager I would like
nothing more than to futher explore the astral world
and to feel that amazing and unique feeling once again but
because of my lack of concentration and because I live in a busy residential area I find it hard to fully relax and 'let go'.
So I was curious to know if there were any downloads available
where you could possibly listen to in bed or while relaxing that might help
get out of body?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pmexplorer

www.bwgen.com...
Its only a trial version. I haven't tried the full version but from what I used, it seems to work. The first time I used it I felt intense buzzing and vibrations through my body like I've never felt before. I stopped using it, but only because I wanna get better at the AP techniques before I dive into the good stuff.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
there's another thread with a lot of information about oobe's and ap's...when you go into the paranormal column...on the far right you will see a list of topics w/ headlines and the # 's posts for each topic.... one of them says something about oobe's it has a lot of posts and it has lists of books and things of that nature...

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by roodyp4364

Cheers roody,
Looks interesting,
I will have to check it out.

has anyone else tried this?

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   

You can also look into the gateway experience www.new-mind.com...

Try reading a book on Robert Monroe, he seems legit to me but I am not sure if his business still is after he died. The CD's are expensive but you may be able to find them on ebay or.... other places.

As for proving weather or not it is real... well my personal opinion is, does it matter? What is real anyway? I mean, if you see something, feel something, connect emotionally to something, does it matter if it can be proven?

It all depends on what you are wanting out of it. If you want to be able to accurately read a newspaper in another room... well, I think you will most likely be sadly dissapointed. But really, if you wanted to read the paper... just buy one and read it. I would imagine it takes a lot less effort that way.

If you are in it just to experience what it is all about and to see what else is out there, then I think you will find it is worth it.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

And yes, I have tried BWGEN. I find the Schuman resonance to be really relaxing, but it hasn't really helped me AP, OBE, or Lucid Dream. At least not noticably so.

For me, what helped the most was a guided CD that is bordering on hypnotism that would talk you through a full body relaxation session. It is pretty important for me to be fully relaxed for any of this to happen.

You can find non copywrighted MP3's out there if you look hard enough that will do that. The early gateway cd's also walk you through the relaxation process.

Digital drug is another alternative that is out there. It is about an hour long and is pretty much a custom BWGEN Hemi-sync track. Again, relaxing, kind of helps me focus, but doesn't help me with anything else. I will listen to it when I read to just drown out all outside noises.

You will find a lot of magical claims out there when you look into this stuff. Most all of it is not true. I have only found that good books, practice and dedication work.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I see your point- why is proof necessary when you are just sharing an experience? If we understood more about it we might not even see it as a paranormal event but something more natural to humans. Maybe if you witnessed a crime during an OOBE you would need proof- now that would make good Court TV drama!

Thanks for the references.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join