It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue skinned man in the news...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Found this quite interesting and wanted to share.

Mods: If already discussed please close topic.

Blue skin seeks acceptance

Kinda of reminds me of the blue Fugates of Kentucky, but self induced.

[edit on 20/12/07 by jnwaters]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Dude that's cool!!!! I wanna be blue!!!

It's a government coverup. He's an Andromedan getting us used to his presence with the govt's permission!

but seriously, who would be mean to him just cuz he's blue? Gosh.... well I know who, lots of people... Tsk Tsk, when will you silly clothed monkeys learn?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I really just wonder how his body reacts to sunlight. Will he turn a greenish color (just joking) Seriously, I bet he gets tired of the questions and the papa smurf remarks.

[edit on 20/12/07 by jnwaters]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jnwaters

He turned blue by adding dissolved silver in water with a electrical current that is supposed to cure all kinds of disease.. side effects include turning your whole body blueish purple.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
He turned blue by adding dissolved silver in water with a electrical current that is supposed to cure all kinds of disease.. side effects include turning your whole body blueish purple.

I think that should serve as a warning to people who have absolute trust in alternative medicine. Some of it can be clearly dangerous.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
People are so dumb.

"OH LOOK THERES A BLUE MAN LETS STARE LOL!"

Society is full of a bunch of brainwashed idiots. The TV is a secondary reality to most, so anything seen on there should be what they see when they walk out their front door. If there aren't bulked up tan men with abs, perfect teeth, and a perfect haircut walking around in shorts and no shirt, or blond women in short skirts with big breasts that make up half their body weight, then there's a problem. So naturally the first mindless reaction is to stare or crack pre-school jokes.

"He's fat! LOL!" "His teeth are bad" "He's got blue skin"

WHO CARES!

Mind your own damn business and accept people for who they are.

EDIT TO ADD: I'm referring to the people in his old town that didn't accept him. Not you guys.

[edit on 12/20/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well, I would'a accepted him, but still, I'm pretty sure I would've stared at him too, the first time I saw him. I know I certainly stared my fair share of time at him in the vid. It's human nature to stare at something that is unusual in our nature.

Still, as I said, I'd have accepted him immediately. Blue people have rights too, you know.

Looks like a nice guy, by the way. Let's strive to not judging people by their appearance.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

I completely agree with accepting others and so on, but as I was reading your post it got to the point where I was wondering if you were being sarcastic about not looking at blue people. lol

That is why we clicked on this thread, isn't it?

Initially one might look, but come to that it is rude.

I wish him well.

[edit on 20/12/2007 by Nyorai]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
People are so dumb.

"OH LOOK THERES A BLUE MAN LETS STARE LOL!"

Dude, if a person in my town had his skin turn blue, it'd be very difficult for me not to stare. I'll be stealing glances, but you'd know I was looking in that direction. I mean come on! It's a blue-skinned person. That's so unnatural.

It's easy to say one thing, but if it happened in your town, can you honestly say you won't be gawking?

reply to post by buddhasystem

No kidding. Makes me wonder what prolonged exposure to chlorine dioxide does...

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I think that should serve as a warning to people who have absolute trust in alternative medicine. Some of it can be clearly dangerous.

Maybe he's a Smurf. A really big Smurf.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Very interesting, apparently it's not causing him harm since it's been a gradual change over 15 years or so. I would imagine the smurf jokes get old, as well as the encouragement to join the blue man group
(sorry couldn't resist that).
On a different note I could see if it isn't a dangerous procedure more people embracing a different skin color as a form of self expression. Rather than people going for just blue or pink hair, go for blue or pink skin etc.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyorai
I was wondering if you were being sarcastic about not looking at blue people. lol

Nope. No sarcasm. My point is just we shouldn't judge people based on their looks.

Originally posted by Nyorai
That is why we clicked on this thread, isn't it?

Well, I saw it on Yahoo before I saw it on here. I clicked on this thread to see what people were saying. But I get what you mean.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
Dude, if a person in my town had his skin turn blue, it'd be very difficult for me not to stare.

Fair enough about the staring, but to not accept him, or to go to the point of where he doesn't feel welcome in public? Don't you think that's a little unacceptable? I'm sure if he had a choice, he wouldn't be blue.

I just think it's unfair for people to basically banish him from public because of something he has no control over.

Hopefully in his new town they're more accepting.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Wasn't there a song about him a few years ago?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Yeah, i think the song goes something like this...

krishna krishna krishna krishna...ad infinitum

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Extralien]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
He has a future as a member of The Blue Man Group....

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
I just think it's unfair for people to basically banish him from public because of something he has no control over.

Sure he does.

What Paul did was use a substance called colloidal silver.

Made by extracting silver from metal, into water with an electrical current, and drinking it, it's billed as something that will cure just about everything that ails you.

Paul swears by it.

"After it turned your skin blue, your still drinking it?"

"Yeah, but much less," said Paul.

Yep, no control.

Before people begin to accept him, he needs to accept a couple of things:

1. The stuff he taking is causing his skin to turn blue.
2. His skin is blue, so people will look. Get over it.
3. Moving to a new town will not change this.

Frankly, I think a better option for the fella would be to go to a psychiatrist. Get over the self-esteem and self-acceptance issue.

"The only time now I really think about it or notice it if we're out in public and people start staring."

He also needs to quit taking that crap that's making him blue (in every aspect of that word/term). Learn self-control!

Fix those things, or the move to a new town is just running away from the root of the problem.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I was actually referring to this song:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I have to say the guy has the same rights as anyone else and should be treated as such. But in saying that I would probably have a pretty long look at him or anyone else that is blue because I have never seen a blue person. Not to be mean or anything like that but because I would find it interesting to say the least.

I knew this thread reminded me of a few I had seen on ATS before. Here are some links to other blue skinned people.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I’m sure there are others but these I remember reading before. Seems there were other blue people so this guy while very different is not a one of a kind.

Raist

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join