It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race of Blue People

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I ran across an article about the blue people of Kentucky, and it started me thinking about other stories I have heard about blue people. I found this Web site that lists a lot of what I have heard.

I also remember about a race of giant red-headed people living before the Indians got to North America, could these be the one and the same. I am really interested in starting up a research project on these people and would like your inputs if you have an stories, articles you have collected, ect.

The people I have heard about are:

the Ainu
The deljar nar
the Taureg

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Thats pretty wierd. I live in Kentucky, and I have never heard of this

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Be careful...They bite!

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Afew words...
What the hell??

Is this a joke?

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
No, this is no joke, I am seriously looking for any help in my efforts.

North American Giants.

In Wisconsin at Dresbach and LaCrescent Minnesota (these are tiny little towns bordering the Mississippi river) Both have alleged Giant discoveries in the 1800's:

"At LeCrescent, Wisconsin(Minnesota), mounds were found to contain giant bones. Five miles north near Dresbach, the bones of people over 8 feet tall were found in huge earthworks."

Infact I atleast five different accounts of 'giant' discoveries are in Minnesota alone:

'Ten skeletons "of both sexes and of gigantic size" were taken from a mound at Warren, Minnesota, 1883. (St. Paul Pioneer Press, May 23, 1883).

In Minnesota, 1888, were discovered remains of seven skeletons 7 to 8 feet tall. (St. Paul Pioneer Press, June 29, 1888) .

The skeleton of a huge man was uncovered at the Beckley farm, Lake Koronis, Minnesota; while at Moose Island and Pine City, bones of other giants came to light. (St. Paul Globe, Aug. 12, 1896).

In Clearwater Minnesota, the skeletons of seven giants were found in mounds. These had receding foreheads and complete double dentition.

At LeCrescent, Wisconsin, mounds were found to contain giant bones. Five miles north near Dresbach, the bones of people over 8 feet tall were found in huge earthworks. '

(those are just mere samples taken from local Minnesota News Paper clippings in the mid to late 1800's).

Even more impressive is the discovery in Wisconsin recorded by the New York Times in 1912:

An article in the New York Times for May 4, 1912, reports that eighteen skeletons were found while excavating a mound near Lake Delavan, Wisconson. The remains of the males were those of giants, with remarkably large heads, while the woman were of normal size with smaller heads.
Subsequent news articles of the find described the males as possessed of sloping foreheads with nasal bones that protruded far above the cheekbones. "Their jawbones were long and pointed, bearing a minute resemblance to the head of a monkey. The teeth in front of the jaw are regular molars."

The New York Times index proves a good reference resource.

Skeptics would rather have you believe these accounts have no basis and are either miss-interpritation or hoaxes. Yes there have been hoaxes in the past (The famous Cardif Giant and Piltdown man for example) but I can list over 100 accounts of 'giant' discoveries in the US alone. How could they all be hoaxes and misidentifications?

Even if we were to allow for some of these to have been
News Paper exaggeration or hoaxes, we would still be left with a tremendous amount of documented evidence to show that these beings existed at some time in the past.

And also, If we had such respected news papers as 'The New York Times' reporting these types of discoveries on up to the 30's, whose to doubt the authenticity?
The Smithsonian Institute also made many of these 'giant' discoveries in Ohio and the east-coast as reported below:

'from Ancient Man: A Handbook of Puzzling Artifacts, William R Corliss, Sourcebook Project, 1978.

American Antiquarian, 7:52, 1885.

A large Indian mound near the town of Gasterville, Pa., has recently been opened and examined by a committee of scientists sent out from the Smithsonian Institute. At some depth from the surface a kind of vault was found in which was discovered the skeleton of a giant measuring seven feet two inches. His hair was coarse and jet black, and hung to the waist, the brow being ornamented with a copper crown. The skeleton was remarkably well preserved. Near it were also found the bodies of several children of various sizes, the remains being covered with beads made of bone of some kind. Upon removing these, the bodies were seen to be enclosed in a net-work of straw or reeds, and beneath this was a covering of the skin of some animal. On the stones which covered the vault were carved inscriptions, and these when deciphered, will doubtless lift the veil that now shrouds the history of the race of people that one time inhabited this part of the American continent. The relics have been carefully packed and forwarded to the Smithsonian Institute, and they are said to be the most interesting collection ever found in the United States. The explorers are now at work on another mound in Barton county, Pa.'

I have over 100 documented accounts(saved on my computer as text file) of giants being discovered not only in the US but in Mexico, South America, Europe, China ,Africa, and especialy Australia.

to read it would make you wonder, whose got the skeletons? what happened to the artifacts?

Not only do we have documented discoveries of the giants in the US. We also have the native american Myths and legends of the giants:

And what of the legends of the Allegewi?
The oral traditions of the Delaware and the Sioux Indians tell of a race of "great stature, but cowardly" with whom they entered into conflict. The Allegheny River and Mountains are named after the Allegewi, but the Iroquois Confederacy drove the giants out of their strong, walled cities, and the Sioux finished them off when they attempted to relocate in what is now Minnesota.

There are also legends of a race of redheaded 8 foot cannibal warriors called the 'SI-TE-CA' by local natives.
they allegedly inhabited the southwest, and their remains have been found at Lovelock Nevada in 1911-1912.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Yes i have heard of this, it can also be traced back to the old legends of the Cherokee, many stories where told of these blue people,

Heres a good write up on the legend, i will look for some more based on the old cherokee legands aswell.

www.burlingtonnews.net...

"According to the prophecy, there are four groups of people: the red, the yellow, the black and the white. Courchene says that from today's youth a new group of people will be born - the blue people, who will be tolerant of each other, and will bring spiritual harmony and sacredness back to the earth. This will prepare the way for a rebirth of Mother Earth. "

If it seems that the notion of blue people is absurd, there is, of course, one scientific explanation;
methemoglobinemia.
"A condition in which the iron in the hemoglobin molecule (the red blood pigment) is defective, making it unable to carry oxygen effectively to the tissues."

It is supposed that the climate is quite harsh on Form�rk �y, as it is thoughout that region of the world, prehaps moreso.
So it wouldn't be too far a stretch to imagine a people, isolated from the rest of the world, evolving under the influence of their environment, and propagating that recessive gene through thousands of generations.

There are many Theories on this from Alien to medical,
ect,

Very intresting topic,

[edit on 24-11-2004 by asala]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I found this link which deals with Giant red-headed indians.

johnt58.freeservers.com...

I really do think that they may be a connection to these giants and the blue race of people.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Albert Grosslockner gasped at what he thought were seven huge and exquisitely detailed statues seated in a ring around a very large and deep fire pit. Moving closer, he realized that the figures were not carved of stone, but were in fact the mummified remains of some giant humanoid race.

Seems to be alot of evidence to support that the remains found where real bones,

What makes you think there is a connection to the Blue people?

i wonder if theres been any update as it say it was still being researched in 1998.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This whole project began when I was reading in a reader's digest book about strange mysteries, and they mentioned the blue people of Kentucky. I then began to do research into other mysterious people and I came to realize that there seemed to be five races of people, red, yellow, black, white, and blue.

I started to connect the dots, In Norway, there is a ledgend about a group of giants called the Deljar Nar, a group of very tall people that had a low-blue tint to their skin.

I know that the Dogan tribe in Africa talk about a blue tinted people, the Ancient Egyptians God, Amum's skin was the color blue. The God Osiris, the destroyer of evil and always appeared in the heavens as a hawk and its torso was made of a blue stone.

There seemed to be a pattern, tall people whose skin was blue. Several of these people were thought to have red hair.

We know that the Giants had red hair, but we don't know what color their skin were.

I also have heard a ledgend about a group of giant red haired people called the Moovians, they were suppose to be from a land that was between Asia and Europe, i.e. America.

I am trying to chase down the dots and see if they connect.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The only blue people I've heard of are those in the Intel Pentium commercials

If it seems that the notion of blue people is absurd, there is, of course, one scientific explanation;
methemoglobinemia.
"A condition in which the iron in the hemoglobin molecule (the red blood pigment) is defective, making it unable to carry oxygen effectively to the tissues."

Surely if this was true, people suffering from it would not live very long at all.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
jrsdls: right i got where your coming from on this,

So to behonest these different colored races seem to be somewhat world wide,

The blue race being know as a peacefull kind....

interesting,

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
This whole project began when I was reading in a reader's digest book about strange mysteries, and they mentioned the blue people of Kentucky.

That article was fascinating!!!

I then began to do research into other mysterious people and I came to realize that there seemed to be five races of people, red, yellow, black, white, and blue. [
...however, a genetic blood abnormality isn't enough to make a "race"; otherwise those with sickle cell anemia and leukemia would be different "races."

I know that the Dogan tribe in Africa talk about a blue tinted people,

Actually, they don't. I know there are some bad sources that state this, but the real Dogons don't.

the Ancient Egyptians God, Amum's skin was the color blue. The God Osiris, the destroyer of evil and always appeared in the heavens as a hawk and its torso was made of a blue stone.

Amun was the one with the Ram's head and had normal colored skin. Nut, the sky, had dark black/blue skin and was female.

Osiris is always greenish (he's dead) and has the form of a mummy. You're confusing him with his son Horus (who is one of the destroyers of evil... Bast is the other one) and who has the form of a hawk. Niether has torsos of blue stone.
...at least, not according to my books.

But that stuff on the people of Kentucky is neat!

There seemed to be a pattern, tall people whose skin was blue. Several of these people were thought to have red hair.

We know that the Giants had red hair, but we don't know what color their skin were.

I also have heard a ledgend about a group of giant red haired people called the Moovians, they were suppose to be from a land that was between Asia and Europe, i.e. America.

I am trying to chase down the dots and see if they connect.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Hi guys,

I have also been doing research into the 'blue-moovians' after stumbling across them in some research into the paranormal and Ancient races.

Just out of coincidence (I don't really believe there is such a thing) I was in Malta and visited temples supposedly built by an ancient 'giant race' from around 4000 BC. These temples are the longest recorded free standing structure and predate the wheel. They are on hills and the rocks used are similar to those of stonehenge. (absolutely massive in other words), there is no rational explanation as to how they were built or where the inhabitants dissappeared to.

There is a link between Malta and Atlantis, furthermore there is a link between The US, Atlantis and the Blue Moovians. & from what I've gathered a link between Giants, Blue Moovians, 'Ancient astronauts' and the native americans... all very overwhelming and in my view significant in some way... I just haven't connected the dots yet.

Theres so much to history that we can't explain & I believe is being kept from us.

If you guys are notified of this post, let me know any recent research you've gathered or what your views are.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
i have heard of the blue people because they are ancients from a time that we have fporgotten and we cant remember why they are blue or what they are on this earth to do as they are related to indigo childs and the lizard people who built the pyramids we can only hope that they are always friendly because they sometmes arent and can attack people and take them away to the underground tunnels there is some sort blue people in everyc country even new zealand but not everyone has seen them and no ones knows what they really do or are

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
the blue people of kentucky are real... they are blue because their skin is transparent and you can see the blue blood viens everywhere giving them a blue appearance.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
When I was young, I would say under the age of 9, I saw a lady who was blue. My mother was with me at the time. I asked her why the lady was blue and she told me "Oh, she's a bluebaby", like she knew all about them. I never asked more and just accepted the 'bluebaby' answer I got. I could see her face, her arms and her legs were the color of blue.

My mother was from KY, but we didn't see the blue lady in KY. I don't know if she could have been one of the KY blue people or not. I just remember it because it was so odd.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Of course blue people exist, where do you think the term 'blue in the face' comes from? No but seriously, cool thread, I truly do believe in blue people.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
In Wisconsin at Dresbach and LaCrescent Minnesota (these are tiny little towns bordering the Mississippi river) Both have alleged Giant discoveries in the 1800's:

"At LeCrescent, Wisconsin(Minnesota), mounds were found to contain giant bones. Five miles north near Dresbach, the bones of people over 8 feet tall were found in huge earthworks."

At LeCrescent, Wisconsin, mounds were found to contain giant bones. Five miles north near Dresbach, the bones of people over 8 feet tall were found in huge earthworks. '

I was born and raised in La Crosse, Wisconsin which is literally one mile from La Crescent and about 4 miles from Dresbach, and I have never heard anything about any giants being discovered. There are lots of native american burial grounds all around, but giants aren't buried there.

As someone very interested in this kind of thing, and as someone who was born and raised in immediate proximity to these places, you'd think i'd know something about them. The only thing La Crescent is known for is Apple orchards.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ravenna
The only blue people I've heard of are those in the Intel Pentium commercials

methemoglobinemia.

Surely if this was true, people suffering from it would not live very long at all.

The lady I saw was not as blue as the intel commercials. She was probably in her 30's. Everytime I saw the fat blueberry kid on the old version of Willie Wonka's Chocolate Factory, it reminded me of her.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I know Paul Bunyan had a big blue ox?

I think the article is fascinating and I never heard of such a thing ,even though finding weird folk legends is like a favorite hobby of mine

I feel stupid that I have missed this

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join