It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists warn ET may be dangerous

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Another quick test.

1. Which beings do we have any knowledge about whatsoever?

A. Humans
B. Aliens

Your test is flawed

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

Pointless. We have no comparative data for the alien side. Hell, they COULD be real "berserkers" crossed with some strain of Herr Hitler mentality and with Vlad the Impaler's sense of overkill.

Or they could be the Pillsbury Doughboy in disguise.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
A quick test to see who is really dangerous.

1. What creature has put other creatures in gas chambers?

A: Aliens
No but they have put them underground as some say on here, abducted them and performed experiements on them.
B: Humans

2. What creature has committed the most genocide on planet Earth?

A:Aliens
Fallen Angels when they tried to mix mankind's blood with theirs and the Animals of the world before God said stop, lets save our creatures. and flood out the inhumane.

3. What creature has conquered the Earth and all that is in it?

Aliens / fallen Angels or Demons, and people possessed by them in politics who run this world. Also many ancient empires who were under their influence.

4. What creature values material things over life itself?

Probably Humans but if the Body is what Aliens need to live in then to them it's worth more than metals but they buy the flesh we inhabit.: B:Humans

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I wrote this on another forum but think maybe it asks the same questions as looking for Aliens being dangerous and they may have their own adgendas.
This could be many things that they have going on and what rules out they are not here and the danger if any could be a hidden war.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
But during the big UFO interest in the 1960s, people have looked to the Bible and said, look maybe I saw this and experienced this, which sounds the same as what had been witnessed.

So one group will say that Ufos have been around for thousands of years and that man has made contact in the past and the space age people look to the stars to find them.

The Christians on the other hand will state that Angels and signs and wonders will happen in the end of days, but also a mass deception where Demons will come about to Earth and maybe fallen Angels to say they are from another planet.

But you see that science and experiences only makes Christianity more likeable for the Christian and so does history being dug up.

God may have created the world in 6 days or 6,000 years depending on interpretation of God years. But at the same time does not rule out that God can manipulate Time and have a prepared stage for man to live in.

The Dinosaurs could have been around too with man, and many underground stories have been told about certain discoveries. Even if Christians wanted to walk away from Evolution, science and discovery has only helped but today's anti-Christian news will never try and admit anything being true in a daily spotlight like they do with Evolution.

Then you find that on this website and on Youtube many TV personalities or politicians seem to have the odd Reptilian shape shift to them and you wonder why maybe something’s are as covered up as they are. We are not saying these people are Aliens but they could have a demonic influence and the end agenda is to make the world disbelieve as much as possible so that maybe one of their Kings will rise to power.

Or could it be Aliens who are being Kind and in their undercover to help man kind get out of this backward religious belief system? One-way of doing it is to just show up or send a signal or a sign. But I guess that is too much and they would rather pose as Humans or in Humans.

Or this is not true people are a bit crazy, all the UFO buffs, the Christians, the conspiracy theories and all the experiences people have had really.

So it leaves a set of people who don't believe, never experienced and will reject the concept of a God and maybe abduction experiences and all other psychic knowledge.

What does that conclude? It seems again like being scientific or observant comes to a close and they are not actually being academic about it but would rather shove knowledge that does not fit into their shape of thinking.
You do get disprovers of Religion and of God and will fight against it, but in order to do so you need know more about God in the first place and man's history and the one's that do just don't know enough.

I don't think Atheists are fundamental enough at being Atheists and I don't think people see the whole spectrum of it all to judge.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

I will go with C. The Human spirit and choices made to move forward.

Everything has a time and place.

Stages of learning through experience into there knowing.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
'I agree: Question Everything that is the only way you will arrive to a conclusion of state: Mind body and Spirit.

Refine what (you know) so you grow into your being.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Of course aliens, if any are indeed out there in the great unknown, will have their own agenda. They are, after all, not us...

Someday...should mankind survive the coming decades...we'll encounter life, intelligent or otherwise as we move out into the Universe on our way to whatever awaits us. Hostile or not, it'll be strange, that's almost a guarentee. Carbon based, silicon based...maybe something totally "alien", it'll be wonderfully, delightfully strange...maybe a little scarey, 'cause who isn't a little scared of something out of their experiance?

Scientists who conjecture upon what exactly we'll run into "outthere" are doing us a service. Preparing us, to the best of their ability, for what may, or may not, be out there...

Maybe they'll all be saints, maybe the personification of demonic, or a combination of both, just like the monkey boys from Earth. Conjecture is all we have at the moment. Not to attempt to cover the entire possible spectrum of behaviour would be stupid at best, possibly suicidal at worst.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
How is this even a thread? Of course anything MAY be dangerous. Haven't we come far enough to know that as with anything there are good as well as bad?
I hate to think of how other intelligence views us and our money hungry ways.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
What I'm thinking is that there's bound to be a portion of the Milky Way Galaxy that's teeming with intelligent life. A section that features more habitable planets per solar system than anywhere else in the galaxy. The beings from that section would be the ones to look out for. I'm thinking of a scenario where technological advance was propelled by the relative proximity of each civilization to others where competition for scarce resources was just as much a feature as shared scholarship and technology. If the representatives of that region are thousands, millions, or billions of years older than we are, then we could have problems, or we might not. It depends on us as well as them. The fact of the matter is that we only measure up to ourselves which handicaps us to our worst traits rather than to our best. The irony is that our worst traits may be our best traits when dealing with advanced beings from elsewhere. At any rate, if we meet a race of beings that have been around the Milky Way's block a few times, then that could spell either disaster or benefit, we have no way of knowing until first contact occurs, if it hasn't happened already. I just think it's foolish to assume that the mighty wouldn't wield their hammer against us if they thought it necessary. I've never known any person that's had any measure of power not use it for and against others with less power. Let's just hope that we are perceived as worthy of benefit of those who would otherwise smash up to bits for solely being perceived as a short term or long term threat. You know, we just have to assume that ET is good at math. It would be brainless of us to think otherwise.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dark_matter06

I must agree. Worrying about an ET invasion is akin to worrying about an asteroid colliding with Earth. It's pointless.
No doubt there are beings out there who could destroy us in a heartbeat.
Then again, we may be visited by these guys, and a big can of Raid will be all that's needed.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think man is pretty much SOL if we have contact of any sort to tell you the truth. Contact may not be them coming here, but rather us finding something of theirs left behind (whether intentional or not) and much like the Alien movies I think our first contact with something biological in nature originating from someplace other then earth will be with a nasty predator type being (not from the movie- but predator in the nature of a deadly threat to mankind).

I could see us finding some type of "alien" structure, whether it be a crashed ship or some long forgotten "construct" only to be greeted by a hostile sentinel of some type whose mission is to keep intruders out at all costs. Whether by design or merely as a matter of territorial control, it could have even devoured those "aliens" who's construct it originally belonged to. Again much like the original Alien movie, as other civilization may have happened upon a biological specimen of unknown origin only to have it turn on its "captures".

link   
Allen's donation was only one of many "distractions" and "slights of hand" that have been "passed to us (underlings)" for hundreds of years!!!

"Somebody" wants us to believe we are "LOOKING FOR" aliens because "THEY" think that is better we don't already understand that.... the ALIENS ARE ALREADY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONLY SOME OF THE EVIDENCE IS LINKED BELOW; (THESE ARE OUTSIDE ATS LINKS.. TRY SEARCHING ATS AND SEE HOW MUCH INFO THERE IS CONFERMING THE FACT OF AN ALIEN PRESENCE HERE ON EARTH.. TODAY!!)

Aliens and the Ancient Sumerian Culture

The Dogon Mystery Star

I wish I could entertain the discusion in an "alien is good" or "alien is bad" logic..

It is just a smoke screen.. I trust that a honestly critical person, whom, truely reseaches these links, and the thousands of others like it, with irrefutable hard scientific/sociological evidence will come to the same conclusions as I...

But I may be wrong... So if YOU think so....

PROVE IT!!!

CHEERS TO HEARING SOME CAGES RATTLE!!

[edit on 17-12-2007 by HolyHell422]

link   
reply to post by dark_matter06

They'll undoubtably think we're kinda weird, just like we'd think they're kinda weird...

Money hungry...trading...getting something you maybe don't have at home...oddly those three sound remarkably similar. Odds are very good that any aliens, little green ones or others...will have something going on along very similar lines. "Gee, that little widget/gadget will look really cool over the mantelpiece in the living room, I wonder what that guy would take in trade for it...?".

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

That is a very fair asessment, they would know what roads one are going down through their own probabilities, or experiences.

Remember learning is bad for some. Those dark things out in space could give you light to breath for another day.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by menguard]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enceladus
Scientists warn ET may be dangerous

OF COURSE they are! What happened?? Did the scientists suddenly wake up and realize that ETs have been kidnapping humans and running painful and humiliating experiments on them for hundreds of years ....

"ET may be dangerous." This is a major DUH!!

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Whats underneath that contact is a 'Soul Contract' that (they signed) and delivered with (their Own) being. While out of body for the Human circumstance.

Can't blame aliens for human contact. They chose it themselves. Whether their own subconscious knows it or not.
We would only bring in those that are a reflection of ourselves. So the field is definately mixed.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
i honestly believe this whole conversation is mute and a "planted story".
government already knows there are ebes out there and they know
who MOST of them are. this is as silly as there being people on earth
who die from malaria. there is no good reason anyone on planet earth
should starve or not have clean water..no good reason. greed and power
are not good reasons.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hey! Don't go to the malls, schools or outside. Danger lurks. There have been killings, robberies and rapes in these places. Bad people there!!

Don't drive a car. Many millions have been killed in cars. And bad people drink and drive or will kill you with their bad driving.

Don't eat. People have been poisoned with bad food and choking. Bad people have poisoned food.

Don't breath. Your air could have Anthrax or a deadly pathogen from a terrorist.

Don't live. Cause you could die????

Head in the sand is the stupidest form of awareness, or lack therein. The mere argument is laughable.

We are, from all indications, within a massive multi world, multi species, multidimensional civilization. We are also likely one of the most dangerous species around. Especially if our heads are embedded in sand. Blind, deaf and ignorant.

We cannot "cloak" the planet, and have been sending out radio waves announcing how stupid we are for decades. SETI is good in spirit, but I believe bad in practice. Radio waves are likely the equivalent to smoke signals to talk to the Moon. Any sufficiently advanced civilization will have found much more efficient means of communicating. Why don't we use a letter to contact an insect? Silly assumption that only radio waves in the Hydrogen band are the best shot at saying, Hey, Over here! SETI is blinded by simple logic and lack of funds.

We can't hide, so whats the point? Many of us, very intelligent and official government and civic officers have seen both good, questionable and bad aliens already. Already in the park people!

It is likely there are some aspectually "bad" aliens here. Like any crowd of people, there is, depending on the city, neighborhood, block, a certain percentage of people who would hurt you or otherwise threaten your family. So in a very BIG neighborhood like a galaxy, or local group of galaxies, the chance of a race of beings who like pork-like meat coming all that way for lunch is maybe less likely.

Any beings that would hurt us, would be known by all the other advanced civilizations. And, in some cases stopped by the overall moral and compassionate races and allied groups.

Now some might use methods we would interpret as evil, but are not necessarily Like we shoot a drug filled dart at a Lion to do studies on the species to help it. The Lion say's to itself, "Oh crap! Evil poacher! and runs. It is instinctually fearing any intervention, good or bad. Are we proving to be any more intelligent?

Sorry, but the argument is without merit on a few levels. Have fun with it though.

ZG

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The only thing the Human MiND is afraid of is being stretched to its very limit of imagination and having to make heads or tails out of it.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Enceladus

the hostile alien race was already here long before we or the dinosaurs arrived and is working day and night 24/7 to destroy us by transmitting their own version of harp into our brains with thought transmissions of war/hate/violence/and criminal activity-----easier to get rich quick by stealing--- thoughts-- than by working honestly for what we desire.they hope to cause enough chaos on the earth between governments with the weapons of mass destruction so that we exterminate all of ourselves and then this planet will be all theirs----the same thoughts you can find voiced from irans president ah(MAD)inejad, he along with a few other crazies are almost perfectly in tune with the harp thoughts that the aliens transmit.if you want to meet hostile aliens minds/mouths--------socialize with irans president and his friends.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join