It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economy Sinking Government Knows & Giving Bad Info

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LightinDarkness

In case you are not aware, I did not start this thread. Furthermore, I never claimed that all government data is lies.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
Furthermore, I never claimed that all government data is lies.

You said:

Originally posted by jackinthebox
Must agree with what you have said.

In a direct reply to a post which said:

The government has been giving false data so the population doesn't go into a panic.

Talk about being inconsistent.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I was agreeing with the OP. And I think he is right. So prove him wrong if you can.

EDIT to add:

And this has nothing to do with all government data either.

[edit on 1/6/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Wow, such a flip-flopper - before all government data was not lies, then it was when you were called out on previous posts...so inconsistent. Pick a position.

And yet another logical fallacy on your part: confusing burden of proof. I cannot prove the absurd is false, it is up to the OP to prove it. You support him, so prove it. But of course you cant.

So tell me, what data is lies and what is not? Your proof? Why are only certain data sets lies and others legitimate? I'm sure its only those certain datasets that you think verify your narrow world view are legitimate, right?
And the rest of the data is lies, I'm sure.

[edit on 6-1-2008 by LightinDarkness]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Where did I claim tha ALL government data was lies or truth?

You support him, so prove it. But of course you cant.

I have nothing to prove to you. You have already proved yourself to be a liar. You have also proven yourself incapable of acknowledging what is plainly clear.

It is possible for government data to be falsified, misinterpreted, and even hidden for the purposes of altering public perception. Sometimes the government is the perpetrator of falsehood, sometimes it is the ignorance of the interpreter of the data that creates false concepts.

Unemployment statistics for example, are not an accurate measure of actual unemployment.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Ah yes, even more evidence that you have nothing. Tell me how I am a liar - but thats just like you to make absurd accusations without proof. Its your MO. What is funny is that you are the liar, doing everything you can to perpetuate your narrow worldview - and ignoring all evidence to the contrary.

I still await one example of government lies in the data. How are unemployment numbers a lie? The data is what it says it is: the percent of all people over 18 willing and able to work who are searching for a job but do not currently have one.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

You have accused me of lieing, but give no proof. Your lies have already been exposed earlier in this thread, and in others, and I have provided the evidence. I challenge you to do the same. If you cannot, then retract your statement or face the consequences of making libelous statements about me.

How are unemployment numbers a lie? The data is what it says it is: the percent of all people over 18 willing and able to work who are searching for a job but do not currently have one.

Wrong. It does not include people who have been denied or are no longer recieving unemployment benefits for any number of reasons. The most relevant being that after 26 weeks, you are no longer counted as unemployed wether or not you actually returned to work.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   

You have accused me of lieing, but give no proof. Your lies have already been exposed earlier in this thread, and in others, and I have provided the evidence. I challenge you to do the same. If you cannot, then retract your statement or face the consequences of making libelous statements about me.

I suggest you read, I said "those who are searching" - as long as you tell the BLS in the household survey that you are searching, you are counted in the unemployed number. The BLS reports separately those who are no longer searching and no longer on unemployment. Of course what is amusing is that the amount of people you are referring to is extremely small.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Of course what is amusing is that the amount of people you are referring to is extremely small.

Your personal opinions are of no value here. If you have evidence show it. If not, stop talking.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Ahem

Please stay on topic and knock off the personal sniping.

As a reminder please review this thread

NEW: Civility and Decorum are Required

Further disruption of this thread by bickering back and forth will NOT be tolerated. Remember hate the game not the player.

Thank You
FredT, moderator

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I think it is indeed time to call it a night. If any ATS members have serious questions or wish to engage in fruitful debate, feel free to U2U me, or post here. I shall return. Cheers.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

So, where is the data showing that there are lies in government data? At first you said all government data was lies...then you said only some of it was. Let's see an example.

I'm happy you got your last insult in before the mod had to come in. Enjoy

I do not feel the need to only associate those who confirm my worldview. That is why I talk to all ATS members, and do not disassociate from people because they offer firm evidence that is completely contrary to my viewpoint.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

You have chosen to ignore information provided by myself and other members, so it is pointless to repeat it. I have yet to see you provide any data to support your conclusions.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

We're still waiting on you to show any data for anything you have jack. You can claim all day OMG I HAVE DATA - but this does not change reality. Wrong, as always.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

No, you're still waiting. Everyone else has seen the light, and the data I have already posted. Now you are being redundant, which insults other ATS members reading this thread.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

What's wrong jack - wheres the evidence? I have shown you are wrong yet again, and you refuse to acknowledge it. Its what you do - assert the ridiculous then deny all evidence to the contrary. Wrong again.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
For members who are actually interested in finding the truth without being belligerent and ignorant, I submit the following data which shows that reporting methods have changed, to alter perception.

New reporting methods give the perception that the Consumer Price Index, or the cost of consumer goods, is lower.

[edit on 1/6/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

For members who are actually interested in following reality instead of blaming everyone else for their own decisions, I submit the following realization:

The above post is a classical attempt to prove correlation is causation, and it s a logical fallacy in action. The CPI index measures the cost of a market basket of goods and offers FULL DISCLOSURE of what it measures in every government publication. CPI measure changes because the market basket of goods that the average American buys changes over time.

Another fundamental distortion of what CPI means - that would be disinformation agent rule #1: distort reality with pretty pictures.

Reality: it hurts. You know it really does when your having to use conspiracy site "Shadow government" statistics.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I fail to see how anything you have just said is anything more than obfuscation of the facts. You make a snide remark about the source, yet fail to prove that the data is inaccurate. Gark on!

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I am sorry that you do not understand what CPI is. The CPI will change, as the market basket of good it represents must change to reflect society. Reality 101. That you do not like/cannot understand reality does not mean it is not true.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join