It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urantia- what do you think?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
reply to post by rawsom

Your error is seen in your own words. You chose to state "Old Religions" in the context of "World Religions". Your bias bubbles up out of your own words.

So what? All major religions - world religions - are old religions. I see no paradox here. Perhaps you would want to expalain what it is that is illogical here.

You state how there's several correct and timely understandings of scientific theories, but then kill it by stating such math foolishness.

I was writing about how such an understanding of theories does not require the math involved. Anybody can read them, Terra Cognita being one of the publishers giving people an easy access to grand theories of science. There are several others, as well. Its just that thinking Urantia Book being so god damn intelligent isn't very plausible. It doesn't require a genius, a handful of people can manage to write it. That's how it was written. All writers were, and are, well educated.

The facts of the matter is there are not a handful of theorums correct in that book. There's also many other corrects through a wide spectrum of undersandings not only the logic conscious state of mind.

There's not a single entire theory in that book. It has very few bits here and there, explaining vaguely some very, very specific and tiny details of the world. There's not enough of them to create a theory, anyway.

There are things in that book that before the 1970s we hidden from the world in lost scriptures from cultures wipedout near 2000 years ago.

Obviously, perhaps? There have been findings considering Christianity. Dead Sea Scrolls being one, and there have been others. However, those scriptures do not contain anything special. All that was known to theology, although not accepted in mainstream. Now that they have better sources, aspects of Dead Sea Scrolls get more attention.

Do you realize that almost all of the scientific things mentioned in that book have been in existence for a long, long time before the book? It is so, that ideas were in existence long time before, as scientists do have imagination. It comes down to the fact that not all ideas are spread to the public before there is actually some evidence about such things. Science Fiction has also been including those ideas within its context long time before the book. There really isn't anything much that wasn't in existence before urantia book.

It's your distrust of "religion" that keeps you from accepting the truths within that book.

I'm propably among the least distrusting people on religion when compared to other people like me, who love science, theory, philosophy and so on. Theology is among the loved ones on my life, as is spirituality. I do not have to accept every single religion as my own just because of that. I do choose jsut like all the other people around me choose one over another. I have no single named religion however, I have grasped the best parts from a great variety of spiritual aspects. I'm happy with that. I also respect people with different religions, but I don't have to believe the same things.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by rawsom
So what? All major religions - world religions - are old religions. I see no paradox here. Perhaps you would want to expalain what it is that is illogical here.

My car is old. My car is old because they make another model of my car every year and my car was made several years ago and there are several "newer" models of my car.

Religion although considered a vehicle is not a car.

Perhaps Catholoisim is an older form of christianity then the baptists.

However in context if there's a singular of a thing it doesn't age. Religions being a plural singular can't be older. In context there needs be something for a thing to be "older" then.

Are the world's religions older then the grand canyon? No. In the context of a world landmark religion doesn't seem "older". Sure the world religions are older then my car, though they might both be vehicles they don't ride the same way.

First off you shouldn't take me wrong. I find the "world religions" to be unworth trust due to mankind's manipulitive fat little fingers. I also find the teachings within world religions to be oldschool.

However until the moment that God "the creator" ordains another "religion" the world's religions maybe old in perspective of human life span, they can be old compaired to my car, however compaired to nothing they can't be old.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hlesterjerome
---Incarnated----

Is it your opinion then that the “Urantia Book” is absolutely, 100%, infallibly correct in everything it says?

I use a word like "Orange", I subconsciously think back to that sunny day where I was a little child and I felt loved and the sun was shinging on some beautiful outing.

You hear "Orange" and subconsciously think about that christmas you wanted the Orange Shirt and upon returning to school were ridiculed by all the other children until you ran home crying with emotional scares.

The Word Orange doesn't care about your bad day nor my good day.

Only through the perspective of meaning do such word symbols take on deeper and hidden meanings within and then externalized.

The Urantia Book addresses this limitation to a language of a realm. In that context, all text is able to fail. When orange means something diffrent to me then it does to you, then lauguage fails. However the knowledge contained within the Urantia Book is more truth then most are able to see according to the realm of this section of the creation.

It all depends upon your perspective and what it is you're truly looking to see. I've seen people argue errors in the urantia book, but what I really see is people arguing, and at that arguing errors in their own logic understandings.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
reply to post by michaelconnection

I am aware of helloearth.info it is a great site, i would like to ask is this really Michael or do you just listen to his radio interviews allot...hahah

Hello, yes this is really Michael of the michaelconnection...Thanks for the positive
comment, helloearth.info is a great site and they will be more. I haven't been on forums before so I don't pay attention to my post so much. Sorry for the late answer.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelconnection

Originally posted by ATSGUY
reply to post by michaelconnection

I am aware of helloearth.info it is a great site, i would like to ask is this really Michael or do you just listen to his radio interviews allot...hahah

Hello, yes this is really Michael of the michaelconnection...Thanks for the positive
comment, helloearth.info is a great site and they will be more. I haven't been on forums before so I don't pay attention to my post so much. Sorry for the late answer.

ahh yes, that is great to hear...i have had a question and i think you are the person to answer it. With the Lucifer rebellion and all, i am still having trouble getting over it, was Lucifer an Et or was he an actual angel with a humanoid apperence?

Also i have read somewhere that Christ Micheals first and actual form was that of a Grey type of being, with a big head and a frail body...is this true?

i gotta start reading all of the urantia

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Hello!

Lucifer was a being belonging to the order of Lanonandek Sons according to the Urantia book. These types of beings are involved with the administration of the systems of a local universe and are created by the Creative or Mother Spirit and the Creator Son. Lucifer was a Primary Lanonandek Sons meaning one of the most able of his kind.

Michael belongs to the order of the Paradise Creator Sons and he originates from the Universal Father and the Eternal Son. Creator Sons are those who create and "run" a local universe along with Mother Spirits who originate from the Infinite Spirit. In Christian theology The Paradise Trinity is consisted of the Creative Spirit (Holy Spirit), the Creator Son (Jesus) and the Universal Father whereas in the Urantia book it is consisted of the Universal Father, the Eternal Son (first personalization of the Universal Father in the eternal past) and the Infinite Spirit, an eventuation of the Father's and the Son's conjoint act.

I am not sure what you mean regarding Michael's first form, but I gather that you refer to Michael's bestowals. His first bestowal was that of a Melchizedek Son and took place one billion years ago. His final bestowal was that of a human which took place as we all know on Earth (Urantia) ~2000 years ago.

Hope that helps!

Alexandros

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander1111

Wow thank you thank you, is this all from the urantia book or did you also get it from other sources?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hello!

It's all written in the Urantia book.

Alexandros

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
come on now.
with all the nonsense going on in the world of ufology is it not obvious the similarities that are in the urantia book with what all these abductees are saying???

it's all over the place!!!!!!!

this urantia book has to be real

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FremenBlueEyes
this urantia book has to be real

We're in a "free will" world. People can believe what it is THEY WILL to believe.

The Urantia Book IS REAL.

I know it.
you know it.

Those that will not to believe it will to find things wrong with it.

Only those wishing to know the reality behind the confusion, and with an open heart and connected spirit will understand.

I drop the name of the book every chance I get. Not because it is a cult, nor is it a religion, the urantia book is personalized to each being, and only those who know themselves will know that book.

Sure when you put the puzzle of the "big picture" together, it's easy to see the urantia book is real. This however can only be seen if you put the "big picture" puzzle pieces together right, and having many pieces. That requires a lack of Ego in the drive system of understanding. This is something the mass populis is unable to pull off.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

ha. i knew if i posted on this again you would show up.

how you doing?

any new insights into the urantia book?

this guy's experience sure sounds like an account of being taken by some urantia type beings. don't you think?????

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on C
20082008-06-23T17:55:59-05:00u06America/Chicago6 by FremenBlueEyes]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
my opinion is this book was written to distort the true teachings of Jesus and lead people away from the truth.

Some differences with Christianity include:[7][15][14]

* Jesus' crucifixion is not considered an atonement for the sins of humanity. The crucifixion is taught to be an outcome of the fears of religious leaders of the day, who regarded his teachings as a threat to their positions of authority.
* God is never wrathful or angry. He is a personality entirely motivated by Father-like love.
* Jesus is the human incarnation of "Michael of Nebadon," one of more than 700,000 "Paradise Sons" of God, or "Creator Sons." Jesus is not considered the second person of the Trinity as he is in Christianity. The book refers to the Eternal Son as the second person of the Trinity.
* Jesus was born on earth through natural means of conception instead of a virgin birth.
* Jesus did not walk on water or perform some of the miracles that are attributed to him in the Bible.
* Jesus commissioned twelve women (and later more) as religious teachers, who were permitted to travel about with Jesus and his apostles on their preaching missions.
* Jesus rose from the dead in a "more glorified form," reflective of a transitional state between material and spiritual existence known as "morontia". As with all mortals, his physical body was subject to decomposition, but celestial beings removed his body from the tomb for the dissolution of his remains through a process of "accelerated time."
* The book states that Jesus may return to the world many times. Christian eschatology doctrines such as the Rapture, where Jesus returns to take faithful believers to heaven and leaves behind unbelievers for tribulation, are not supported.

en.wikipedia.org...
The Urantia Book - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Satan has many tricks and this is one of them imo.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

well, it's a good thing i don't believe in christianity, isn't IT!!!!!!?????

i also don't believe in satan, so his tricks won't bother me.

also i about lost it whenever you said that god is not wrathful nor angry!!!!! that's a good one.

examples: sodom and gamorah, the great flood, actually, there are too many to name.

it's not a fairy tale buddy, but a big book explaining things like aliens and the mechanics of the universe.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FremenBlueEyes

i also don't believe in satan, so his tricks won't bother me.

you believe in this urantia book but not Satan ??...

also i about lost it whenever you said that god is not wrathful nor angry!!!!! that's a good one.

the urantia book is the one claiming that...do your homework

[edit on 23-6-2008 by easynow]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The thought of the day on Urantia site is

Today's "Thought to Ponder" from The Urantia Book:
The Master came to create in man a new spirit, a new will -- to impart a new capacity for knowing the truth, experiencing compassion, and choosing goodness -- the will to be in harmony with God's will, coupled with the eternal urge to become perfect, even as the Father in heaven is perfect. [1583:6]

It got my attention and i will be reading it. Thanks for the link

Not to bring God up by my choice bit to say my opinion to responses of a wrathful God, yes The Supreme did do things differently or as some prefer "wrathfully" in the OT, but then after Jesus (a new covenant) The "brutal wrathful" God is not like that, never was, all done was to save our souls not our b-day suits. People forget the "New Covenant" and only see what they want. So do right wing Christians bring every believer of The Trinity down with them, people just assume all Christians are alike.

Thanks again for the Urantia link

[edit on 6/23/2008 by qonone]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

you said it in your wikepedia quote, maybe i misunderstood but it is right there in your post.

and maybe you should do your homework and read the lucifer rebellion out of the urantia book. that is the so called "satan". an alien that was put in charge of urantia and what he did was say that individual will is greater than the will of the universal father.

lucifer isn't a being that is infecting the minds of everybody with lies and tricks and lusts and deceit. we do that ourselves.

read up buddy because i already read that book and it is very clear you have just read about it on wikepedia.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

i agree that the universal father in the urantia book is not wrathful nor angry but the "god" you are thinking of is not the one i am. the "god" you are thinking of is the biblical god. which again, if you read the book, you will see that it is not the same entity.

also, wrath and anger, are relative human terms that are interpreted by an individual perspective of past experience. for instance, what i think is wrathful may be considered completely rational and unwrathful by another.

the urantia book teaches that good is love, everything else is rebellion, or evil.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

and maybe you should do your homework and read the lucifer rebellion out of the urantia book. that is the so called "satan". an alien that was put in charge of urantia and what he did was say that individual will is greater than the will of the universal father.

so you trust the word of lucifer/satan ?

yea there's no way he would lie or try to decieve you

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

no, i do not trust the word of satan.

i believe in an idea of "god" as a force greater than myself that shows us the way of love and i follow that will as much as i can in life. for me to think that my will is greater than gods is not what i am saying, nor what i believe.
i try to follow the will of love as much as i humanly can.

why are you so bent up about this satan guy???

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

ha. i knew if i posted on this again you would show up. how you doing? any new insights into the urantia book? this guy's experience sure sounds like an account of being taken by some urantia type beings. don't you think?????

I read with great interest his experience trying to see how much of what the extraterrestrial humans imparted with him were also found in the Urantia book, but the cosmology and nature of God as told by them is not in agreement with the Urantia book as well as the fact that humans are able to initiate life which is something Life Carriers to do... The free energy though, that they are using is mentioned in the Urantia book.

For those that have read the Urantia book, you might be interested to check the Teaching Mission and Monjoronson site. They both expand on the Urantia book teachings.

Monjoronson
Teaching Mission

Alexandros

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join