It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urantia- what do you think?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
In regards to the perfection of god in the Urantia book.

There are actually 9 levels of perfection that are layed out in the urantia book when it comes to deity. There is a perfect god, only one, and the other 8 levels are explaining the levels of perfection leading up to the most perfect. As in the highlander movies, "There can be only one!"

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Sorry, actually there are only 7 levels of perfection. Here they are

When we attempt to conceive of perfection in all phases and forms of relativity, we encounter seven conceivable types:

1. Absolute perfection in all aspects.

2. Absolute perfection in some phases and relative perfection in all other aspects.

3. Absolute, relative, and imperfect aspects in varied association.

4. Absolute perfection in some respects, imperfection in all others.

5. Absolute perfection in no direction, relative perfection in all manifestations.

6. Absolute perfection in no phase, relative in some, imperfect in others.

7. Absolute perfection in no attribute, imperfection in all.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

I think we should keep the subject in Urantia Book, although God as a word is defined in several hundreds of different ways in differing religions around the world. It may be impossible to leave other religions out of this because of that, but we can try to minimize it by talking only about definitions by Urantia Book. We don't want a religious war here. Similarities are another matter, though, because Urantia Book was sent to evolve spiritual thought further. By that book, all other religions were either created from scratch by man or sent to us for evolution of thought in spiritual sense.

By that book, it is we and we alone who are, in the end, responsible for our own development, and can take several thousands of years. In some cases millions, if that book is believed.

Also, what comes to imperfection and god, it says that god isn't perfect and that certainly lower levels (deities of some sort) arent't either, and it is those deities that created this particular universe. Below those deities, there were all kinds of levels that were responsible for different things. Life-carriers are defined to be some sort of logical machines that create life, and are given the freedom to change life patters on every tenth planet or so. Earth is one such planet.

And yes, prayers are meaningles in Urantia Book, but meditation is told to be a source of some divine wisdom. by that book, there's not a single thing that would help everybody, nor is there only one thing to be done to gain each bit of wisdom.

I got a little carried away here, but I suppose that's ok. Urantia Book is also extremely complex at some places..

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Blue people do exist, just as said in the Urantia book!! Check this guy out. He's awesome.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
so, this thread seems to be dying away so i am here to spice it up a bit more!!!!

I have been researching vigorusly on aliens and the connection with the urantia book and what i have come across in my research has astounded me. I wish i had a lot of time where i could do a paper on it and put it on here but i work WAY to much.

To find out what i have come across please visit www.alienshift.com...

In this gathering of interviews such things are discussed that are very related to the lucifer rebellion as well as the heirerarchy of entity in the universe. PLEASE! take a look and see what you think because the reality of what this book says is becoming ever more astounding.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Hey Blue!

Yeah that book is dynamic to say the least. I've been working on the basic time-line of humanity and all the events and such. It's quite fun for sure.

That book coupled with the internet and access to infomation sure is one heck of a ride. I check out with salite mapping the oceans and seas where it states things are suposed to be and such.

A great example of this is this small little island that has been dug and found all the people to be "giants" and the funky part is that it is right where the book states the reminantes of purelined adamites disappeared.

WOW!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

You sure are enthusiastic, Incarnated. Out of curiosity, though, do you have any links or pictures of this island, and the "giants" you are talking about?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
reply to post by Incarnated

You sure are enthusiastic, Incarnated. Out of curiosity, though, do you have any links or pictures of this island, and the "giants" you are talking about?

I'm a little excited as you might consider me an armchair archiologist.

The video I seen the island in was from the Video Timelife search for eden, or something like that, the video dealth in the ages of mesopotamia. I should have written it down. I own the video and I'll watch it again in the next couple of days, but for now I can guess at the name.

I think it is called "island of Bahrain" or something like that. Here's a crappy "about" link:
lost.about.com...

The reason I'm excited is that the urantia book discribes that as the location of the second garden of eden. It's a garden dwelling place that the Adam's kin moved to after the fall of the first garden. The Adamites were discribed as about 8 feet tall.

Great stuff!

I'll have to check more into it over the next couple of days to make sure but according to the timelife video, the (unknown) island use to be a lush garden, and has been dug finding several "giants" skelitions. It was the video's last guess as they tryed to track back to eden.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
DUDE don't waste your money and instead buy VOYAGERS II second edition. you can get it used at amazon. book written by Ashayana Deane. there's nothing else out there to read. don't believe me? get the book flip through the contents read some snippets of pages when you get it, then post back here and say damn you were so right..

in-joy

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FremenBlueEyes

I will read the whole thing and then give you my thoughts.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

that's cool bryan.
hope you have a month off to read it

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
i don't even know if anybody even reads this thread anymore, but i am going to pose a question.

Does anybody out there think that aliens have been identified in the past as angels and demons? Did they regularly contact the human race at the dawn of our civilization? Did they stop for a long time, to watch us grow, only to reemerge now and are starting to initiate contact again?

Also, anybodies thoughts on the ideas in the urantia book cooralated with this intense year of increasing supernatural and natural events?

just askin....

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
First things first, why use a medium of a person to reveal the information to the rest of the world? Counters to this question could be languages and etc, but if they were as advanced and as intellegent as many say. Then they should be able to pick up our language easily, I don't know but this just doesn't seem right. Seeing as in this book these beings were actually in flesh and walking around Urantia (Earth), and this medium stated to it to in one chapter (page) I jumped to randomly.

I'm an all beliver in ETs and dabble in paranormal, but that story just kind of leaves holes in it.

And to answer that question, I think aliens more than likely have been seen as angels or demons because of there structure. We have cave paintings, vases with depictions on them, and other mediums that show beings with helmets or different proportions than we have. But it still doesn't seem to be enough to actually prove what went on back in the day to be honest. Since Art can be drawn to whatever the mind can conjure. Overall I still rather "Dislike the "book"" because of the fact that it left things in the air.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hello!

I am new to this forum. I decided to join after having read this thread regarding the Urantia book which I have read quite a few times during the last three or four years!

I'd like to say at first that the authors of the Urantia book did have an excellent knowledge of the English language (each author is mentioned at the end of every paper. Some of them are: an archangel, a Melchizedek, perfect spiritual beings originating from the Paradise Trinity, the Guardian of the Garden of Eden which was a seraphim, Midwayers, a Solitary Messenger which originates from the Infinite Spirit etc. Please take into consideration that most of the names given to these beings does not mean that they are their true names. These are just names invented for the purpose of this book by the authors. I suppose it would be impossible to reveal to us their true names using our language.) . The problem therefore didn't lie with their knowledge and use of the English language, but with the language itself, being not so advanced in terms of expression of meanings and vocabulary wealth. In my opinion this is in a degree natural and normal since we are finite beings and our languages cannot be anything above the finite level.

Regarding the aliens being identified as angels or demons by us, I don't really have an answer on that, but I do know what the Urantia book says that the demons were. Demons were nothing more than rebel Midwayers who could appear to humans under some strange conditions. (Midwayers who were loyal to Lucifer, Satan and Caligastia. For those who haven't read the Urantia book, the Midwayers are permanent beings of the planets and they exist midway the material and the morontial reality. The morontial reality in turn is midway the material and the spiritual. All humans during their ascend to Paradise pass through this phase except those humans who hail from very old and very advanced planets, many of them probably billions and trillions of years old, and skip the whole morontial training to begin their Paradise ascension form the capital of the local universe where the spiritual training also begins. The age of these planets might sound strange to your ears, but as the Urantia book says the approximate age of our local universe which is considered young is about 450 billions of years old.)

Although I don't have much knowledge regarding people's experiences with extraterrestrial humans I do like the idea the Urantia book expresses: that of a cosmic family and each of us being a cosmic citizen. Therefore I think positively of them.

I am willing to answer any questions you might have regarding what I've just said or the Urantia book, but I would like to inform you that I will be away for the next three days so I won't be able to reply to any of your posts until Monday or Tuesday! Thanks for listening and I apologize for any linguistic error (I speak Greek).

P.S. My apologies for the use of long parentheses.

Alexandros

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

The Urantia Book is a fantastic and true account of what the Holy Bible in some ways has perverted. This book should be treated as a text book of a new and special revelation of the our position in the rest of the Universe.
I was first introduced to me by a very special idividual known as a trinity teacher son of the high order of Daynels. To find out more about this book and much more check me out at this site helloearth.info...

You will be amazed!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Yes, Aliens have been identified as angels and much more. The present course of events the our world is leading will begin to manifest more about the truth about your question. There is a lot more at helloearth.info...

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander1111

Vey nice post, I would like you to know that the morontial level of beings that are spoken of in the Urantia book are diverse and very telepathic. If you want to find out about our nearest architectural world or sphere go to:

helloearth.info...

It will help to bring the hear and now about the Urantia Book and much more.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelconnection

I am aware of helloearth.info it is a great site, i would like to ask is this really Michael or do you just listen to his radio interviews allot...hahah

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
A few years ago I was wondering how they got all that science in their book. Some of it is not so accurate based on our current understanding of physics, but there are a few jewels, indeed. That made me wonder if there is actually at least something worth knowing on that book.

I noticed that I have posted some comments in where I actualy seem to support this book as something that is true, which I do not think it is. There are several reasons for my belief, not the least being that I once knew people who have had close contact with authors of this book. They had their own things to say about this.

Anyway, I also stated that whoever wrote that book must be extremely intelligent to actually be able to grasp several different theories from many different areas of specialty (in science). Now I think I was wrong, I should have thought about this before writing anything about it.

The thing is, I personally know several people who are indeed able to explain a dozen different theories, all from different fields of science. All those theories are also highly abstract, global views of whatever field of expertise. However, they cannot produce the math involved in proving those theories. It only requires a good memory, understanding basic logic and some discipline.

Hell, I can remember a dozen different highly abstract theories.

But.. If this book does give you a kind of an answer to a problem in life that comes from absurd paradox between science and old religions, go ahead and read the book. Just don't expect it to reveal more about physics, biology, geology or any other field than almost any basic book about fundamentals of whatever subject.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

Your error is seen in your own words. You chose to state "Old Religions" in the context of "World Religions". Your bias bubbles up out of your own words.

You state how there's several correct and timely understandings of scientific theories, but then kill it by stating such math foolishness.

The facts of the matter is there are not a handful of theorums correct in that book. There's also many other corrects through a wide spectrum of undersandings not only the logic conscious state of mind.

There are things in that book that before the 1970s we hidden from the world in lost scriptures from cultures wipedout near 2000 years ago.

It's your distrust of "religion" that keeps you from accepting the truths within that book.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join