It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the $ symbol stand for the Serpent-Lord?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
[size=10]$

What does this symbol mean? To most it means money.

To some, it is much more. It is the ultimate symbol of

control of government.

First, I need to show a picture of the inside of the Capitol Dome.

This is from the Rotunda Frieze that is a 360 deg panorama around the inside of the dome of the Capitol Building in Washington D.C.

Here is the definition of that panel from that government site.

"America and History" - The first panel contains the only allegorical figures in the frieze. America, wearing a liberty cap, stands in the center with her spear and shield. To her right sits an Indian maiden with a bow and arrows, representing the untamed American continent. Also at America's feet is a female figure representing History, who holds a stone tablet to record events as they occur. An American eagle perches on a fasces (a bundle of rods symbolizing the authority of government). The man in the background to their right is in the same pose as the prospector at the end of "Discovery of Gold in California," since Brumidi planned to have this scene connect with his last one.

from www.aoc.gov

Now here's a pic of the obverse of a 1926 "mercury" dime.

Again, the fasces.

The word fasces comes from the the Roman word meaning bundle. The fasces itself is an axe surrounded by bundled rods of elm wood. It's original use and true meaning is lost, although it probably originated as a phallic emblem

And here is a picture of the Mace of the US House of Representatives

The design of the Mace is derived from an ancient battle weapon and the Roman fasces. The ceremonial Mace is 46 inches high and consists of 13 ebony rods – representing the original 13 states of the Union – bound together by silver strands criss-crossed over the length of the pole. Atop this shaft is a silver globe on which sits an intricately cast solid silver eagle.

Interest to note the simularities between the eagle on the mace and the nazi eagle

Imperial War Museum

continued...

[edit on 8-12-2007 by stompk]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Interesting, but I'm yet to see the connection with $. Will wait for next post.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   

so now I will show you what has peaked my interest.

I will post a pic from www.aoc.gov that is from the fresco

painted on the ceiling of the dome.

Constantino Brumidi
Fresco
Rotunda

Mercury, god of commerce, with his winged cap and sandals and caduceus, hands a bag of gold to Robert Morris, financier of the Revolutionary War. On the left, men move a box on a dolly; on the right, the anchor and sailors lead into the next scene, "Marine."

A little diddy about Robert Morris.

The Dollar Sign ("$") was in common use among private merchants during the middle of the 18 century. It referred to the Spanish Milled Dollar, which predated the U.S. Dollar. Morris was the first to use that symbol in official documents and in official communications with Oliver Pollock. Much later it was used as the symbol for the U.S. Dollar, even though that currency was only loosely based on the Spanish coin

Now why would Morris use this symbol? Well, Mr. Morris was a Mason. The Masons were in charge of making sure the banking system was set in place in the new republic

Before the Revolution, Britain controlled the port of Philadelphia. The British Crown wanted to encourage the slave trade and enrich the King's friends. At the same time, during the Seven Years' War, the usual supply of indentured servants was not available because those people were conscripted to fight in Europe. Morris was a junior partner in Willing, Morris & Co when they sent out one ship on a slave trading voyage. They didn't carry enough to be profitable, and after a second trip their ship was captured by French privateers

Wikipedia

Now, lets look at the symbol for the caduceus

Source

A common form of the caduceus, a serpent on a Tau cross

The serpent. Where have I seen that before?
Oh yeah,

A serpent wrapped around the fasces representing the 13 states. Why a serpent?

Well, given all the greek influence, I would have to say that the serpent represents

According to the earliest legends the site was originally a sacred place of the earth goddess Gaia (also called Ge) and was guarded by her daughter, the serpent Python

So is Liberty actually representing Gaia??

Above the Eagles head, is the fasces, on end, with the serpent wrapped around.

Control of government, by the snake. The snake represents the 9-7-3-1 of the illumati. 9 is for illuminati, 7 for the "magnificent seven" three is the IMF, World Bank, and World Trade Organization.

The missing capstone, or the 1, is the London Interbank System, which set the rules of the worlds finances.

The Queen of England, is the head of this.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I looked back at Andre sitting in the Speaker’s chair at the Speaker’s desk. On the desk was the coin silver inkstand. It is the oldest surviving relic of the House. The origin of the inkstand is unclear, but it appears in portraits dating from 1821 and is stamped with the mark of J. Leonard, a Georgetown silversmith. The tray contains three crystal inkwells and is adorned on both sides by eagle medallions. The feet of the tray are fasces entwined by a serpent, a classical symbol of wisdom surrounding authority. Richard had told me about this when he gave me the tour.

Source

OK, so I will show you the Masonic Ritual of the "Equinox Ritual of the Serpent-Lord

Temple

Upon the floor is a Hexagram composed of two triangles. One triangle is made of rose petals, at each point of which is a Priestess station. The other triangle is made of green ribbon, at each point of which is a candle.

In the East, behind a veil, is an Icon of the Seven-headed Serpent Lord. On either side of it are standing icons of a caduceus and a trident. The veil is closed at the beginning of the ritual.
Officers

Priest, in red robe and mask of the Serpent-Lord.
Three Priestesses, attired as Sacred Concubine-Dancers.

Serpent - Wisdom
Preparation of Participants

The First Priestess informs them that all will be participating in the Qabalistic Cross during the Banishing, and will proclaim an ecstatic verse from Liber Al during the climax. This verse is:
“I am the secret Serpent coiled about to spring: in my coiling there is joy. If I lift up my head, I and my Nuit are one. If I droop down mine head and shoot forth venom, then is rapture of the earth and I and the earth are one.” (II.26)

The participants are directed to familiarize themselves with this verse. This is the preparation of the Mind of the Congregation.

The Second Priestess brings forth consecrated wine and glasses and, offering them to all the congregation, directs them to drink with the verse:
“I am the Snake that giveth Knowledge and Delight and bright glory, and stir the hearts of men with drunkenness. To worship me take wine and strange drugs whereof I will tell my prophet and be drunk thereof!” (II.22)

Now this source is from

Sekhet-Maat Lodge represents Ordo Templi Orientis in Portland, Oregon. We are chartered to initiate through the P∴I∴ Degree. Additionally we offer weekly classes and performances of the Gnostic Mass, host social functions, conduct periodic public rituals in celebration of Thelemic holidays, and offer workshops on magick and related topics.

Sekhet-Maat Lodge

One may want to take a look at their store

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

The $ symbol first occurs in the 1770s, in manuscript documents of English-Americans who had business dealing with Spanish-Americans, and it starts to appear in print after 1800.

and

The name 'dollar', however, derives from the Dutch or Low German word daler (in German taler or thaler) - originally Joachimstaler, referring to a coin from the silver mines of Joachimstal, in Bohemia (now Jáchymov in the Czech Republic), which opened in 1516.

maybe you can use this information?

Source

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluess

Check out this fascinating read.

He asked what I meant. He wanted me to be more explicit. Not being able to explain myself further with words, I took my right hand and drew a large dollar sign on the soil of the mound. "This is the god of the world!" I exclaimed. As I was so engaged, however, my left hand fumbled with the soil, as one usually does with the sand on the beach, and, as I finished the final stroke of the dollar sign, it automatically picked up an object which had a strange feel to it. I looked at it curiously. It had the semblance of an ancient seal. "Look what I found!" I said. He took it and studied it closely. The round, flat face thereof seemed to bear no imprint. It was all clogged up with hard clay. Here, no doubt, it had lain hidden for hundreds of years. The Stranger took a pin from his lapel and began to scratch and clean the object.

Presently, without a word he handed it back. I took one good look and rose in astonishment. My discovery was a metal seal, such as is used to make an impression in wax, and on the imprinting surface was the very symbol I had just drawn on the soil -- a dollar sign. I was flabbergasted.

Source

The article goes on to say.

What shall I do with it?" I stuttered nervously. "Shall I throw it away, since it is a symbol of idolatry?" "No," he said. "Keep it, and remember how you found it!" So I have kept and cherished this seal. I found out later from an authoritative source at the Smithsonian Institute that the insignia represented a serpent coiled like an S with two human thigh bones crossing it. I further learned that this symbol, which dated back thousands of years, indicated a diety [sic] known as "the goddess of the earth."

Appears to be a true story. Even has pictures of the mysterious stranger standing outside the cave.

Truly bizarre!

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
So, to further prove my point.

Did you know that the founders of the Great White Brotherhood came form Venus and that many of the branches of the GWB around the planet were founded by spiritual adepts associated with the serpent? I came to that startling realization some years ago during a journey to Peru.

the reptilian agenda .com

Who else has the initials GWB?

So, here is a meeting of the order.

Address delivered by National Grand Master General Sabazius X°

to the Sixth National Conference of the U.S. O.T.O. Grand Lodge

Beauty & Strength

Saturday evening, August 10, 2007 e.v.

Greetings of the eve of the First Night of the Prophet and his Bride, and welcome to the sixth national conference of the U.S. O.T.O.
Last year, I mentioned the Group Tax Exemption, which has now been completed. This procedure exempts all local dues and donations paid directly to participating local bodies from federal taxation.
At the last NOTOCON, the Eucation Committee had just set up its subcommittees. So far, they have launched a web site that currently lists 23 traveling lecturers willing to speak on a variety of topics of interest. They have also developed course materials, currently in review, on several basic rituals, classical mythology, the God Pan, and an intro to the Qabalah.
However, just as our Order must be firmly united to face the Slave Religions in strength, so must each of us be firmly united in ourselves to accomplish our True Wills.

www.hermetic.com

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Sorry for posting so much all at once, but I want to get this out before the trollers show up.

So this all leads us to the "Book of Law"

"The Book of the Law is connected more with the Greek Cabbala than with the Hebrew." - Aleister Crowley, The Confessions of Aleister Crowley, Hill and Wang, 1969 E.V., Chapter 85, Page 835.

Source

Here is a couple of lines from the "Book of Law"

39. The word of the Law is THELEMA.

60. My number is 11, as all their numbers who are of us. The Five Pointed Star, with a Circle in the Middle, & the circle is Red. My colour is black to the blind, but the blue & gold are seen of the seeing. Also I have asecret glory for them that love me.

16. I am The Empress & the Hierophant. Thus eleven, as my bride is eleven.

18. These are dead, these fellows; they feel not. We are not for the poor and sad: the lords of the earth are our kinsfolk.

22. I am the Snake that giveth Knowledge & Delight and bright glory, and stir the hearts of men with drunkenness. To worship me take wine and strange drugs whereof I will tell my prophet, & be drunk thereof! They shall not harm ye at all. It is a lie, this folly against self. The exposure of innocence is a lie. Be strong, o man! lust, enjoy all things of sense and rapture: fear not that any God shall deny thee for this.

26. I am the secret Serpent coiled about to spring: in my coiling there is joy. If I lift up my head, I and my Nuit are one. If I droop down mine head, and shoot forth venom, then is rapture of the earth, and I and the earth are one.

Source
Are they for real.

Keep in mind 9-11. The twin towers look like 11. Could the attack been a tribute to the Serpent-Lord? What's going to happen 11/11/11?

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
wow quite captivating theory. i am curious though as to where the spanish had gotten the $ symbol from, was it from the masonic symbol(snake/tau cross) or was it from te cadeuceus wand? or neither? i can see the resemblence to both, as you pointed out.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stompk

Wow! You sure know how to research!!!
Bravo!
I am always impressed with your posts.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Thanks. I can't take credit.

I am a spiritual warrior directed by God.

So this leads us to another interesting find.

ΚΣ (Kappa Sigma) is an international fraternity with currently 234 chapters and 42 colonies in North America. There have been over 250,000 initiates, of which over 182,500 are living and over 11,000 are undergraduates. It is currently the leader of all American Fraternities in terms of pledges and new initiates per year, service hours, and philanthropic donations. The Fraternity also has the lowest national dues of any other fraternity and has the oldest continuous endowment fund which has donated $4.5 million to undergrads since its inception in 1919.

This is a picture of a ring from their store.

Note the 11 stones in the crescent.
Source

Now we look at a name well known in American history.

Meriwether Lewis, A Master Mason.

His apron

Source

11 dots in a crescent shape, and the matching skull and bones to boot.

Let's see, isn't GWB a skull and bones member?

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The symbol for the caduceus, a serpent or snake wrapped around a rod has been documented even in ancient history. It has widely been accepted as a symbol of wisdom, and is one of the reasons the medical profession has also adopted a caduceus form for their symbol. If you look around through anchient history you will find this all throughout history, even back into the old testament of the bible, Adam and Eve story. A serpent wrapped around the branch of the tree of knowledge (wisdom).

Some food for thought.

-xmad

Spelling!

[edit on 8-12-2007 by xmaddness]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

Thank you.

Yes, the biblical references are too obvious.

Genesis 3:1
[ The Fall of Man ] Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"

And one shouldn't forget the line, "for the love of money, is the root of all evil"

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Please don't take offense, but you are clearly fitting the evidence to the theory. That is a bad method to use. Not to mention this sort of thing is entering the realm of ridiculous. Its starting to be like if someone can not find a real Conspiracy they invent some. Sorry, but that's the way I see this.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Really? I'd love to hear your evidence sometime.

I don't know. Greek symbolism means nothing, if you worship SATAN!

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The dollar sign symbol or peso sign, I read is actual from the ribbon wrapped around Hercules' pillars. Why would you read anything else into this other than to create a conspiracy.

Source

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Very interesting stuff. I’m a bit smarter for having read your posts stompk, THX.

reply to post by Blaine91555

It’s kind of hard to call this a conspiracy theory when the author hasn’t really drawn any conclusions don’t ya think? All I see here are some correlations being shown.

edit for stuff

[edit on 8-12-2007 by resistor]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

Fair point. I'll concede that point. This is a Conspiracy Forum.

There is quite a list of Theories on the Wiki
Article

OP,
My brain connected this with the other weird theories where features in the Capitol are clearly twisted to fit the evidence of various theories. Like the erroneous measurements between objects and others. I jumped the gun.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I will disagree with the skeptics who say there is nothing to be seen here and that the Dollar-Sign has nothing to do with a serpent.

I will disagree with the christians and conspiracy-theorists who see this as evil.

The world is not black and white.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I would just ask that if you wish to say I am wrong, show me your theory as to what it means, not just posting what someone else said.

Show me why I should feel that this symbol does not have evil subconcious intention. I didn't think anything about it until I started researching the Greek and Roman symbolism in our Capital Building.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join