It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the $ symbol stand for the Serpent-Lord?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Its not much different from the sigil representing destruction of the sepent shown here altreligion.about.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Greek and Roman symbolism has been used in the art, architecture and literature of the western world for thousands of years. Many painters, sculptors, poets, playwrights etc. who were Christian also incorporated classical imagery into their work. That doesn't make it, or them, satanic.

Just because the Greek and Roman civilizations pre-dated Jesus doesn't mean they should be eradicated from western civilization. Today Greece and the areas of Europe that used to be the Roman Empire are mostly Christian. Should they then destroy their ancient artifacts and ruins?

The Masons also employ some ancient Greek and Roman imagery in their symbols and rituals. That's the connection between them and other classically inspired works.

The earlier Greek and Roman civilizations had some symbols and beliefs that modern Christians wouldn't agree with, but that doesn't make them inherently evil. Every snake is not the representation of the one in Genesis. This line of reasoning makes me think of the Spanish Inquisition.

[edit on 8-12-2007 by Sestias]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
And all this time I thought the $ sign can be directly related to the Spanish/Mexican Peso! You point out it all began in the 1700's and how it was adopted by the north through business.

I offer you far more widely accepted theories of how the $ came into existence:

1. It's a corruption of the letters "PS" for "Peso".

2. It's from the Spanish coat of arms - two pillars -and the motto "Non Plus Ultra" which is in the shape of an "S".

3. $ is a monogram of "U.S". All you have to do is superimpose them and you get just that. The right side of the U flows into the top of the S.

4. It began with "piece of eight" (8//) used back in the 1700's.

I don't know, but, these visually make far more sense. Not to mention there's no underlying theme of how evil the sign is. Please, no sign is evil. There's not a single object/mark that can be evil. It's what we as humans attribute to those objects/signs and thus think of them as evil.

Do you truly believe the Swastika is a mark of evil, fascism, & mass murder? A sign of hate? Just because of one tiny moment in Human history in comparison to the 250,000 years we as homo sapiens have existed? Not to mention our others spanning back to millions of years? You'd trump all over those numerous cultures that have used the Swastika (and still do) as a sign of peace & love?

It's all very relative, don't you think? People make of signs what they wish. You can think up all sorts of things to try and explain it's origins and most likely than not, you'll find exactly what you're looking for. No matter how false it may be.

[edit on 8-12-2007 by Donoso]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by stompk
I don't know.
Greek symbolism means nothing, if you worship SATAN!

What? Did you just pull that off of Saturday Night Live from twenty years back?

You are connecting things that aren't connected.
The OTO are no major force in the universe, just a bunch of people
who think ceremonial magick is the way to find and achieve their purpose in life.
They write poetry basically and do theatrical group therapy.

The caduceus was the symbol of Hermes or Mercury who was the god of medicine, it is a snake around a single rod. The faeces is a bundle of birch entwined by a cord and naturally artistically rendered with a cool snake, and it basically symbolizes "United we stand, divided we fall".

Benjamin Franklin symbolized the country as a snake in our nations first political cartoon. The snake was divided into pieces to represent the thirteen colonies. The caption beneath the cartoon read "Join or die"

The dollar sign so obviously symbolizes $ILVER, and sure enough the name dollar originates from that very metal, and that was what our economy was based on for a century or more, and then we got the Federal Reserve and our economy is now based on debt.

Kennedy was going to go back to the silver standard, and they probably killed him for it.

The garden of eden, adam and eve, the snake talking is all a fairy tale, to scare babies into believing in their parents god.

[edit on 9-12-2007 by Legalizer]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
it wouldnt be the first time the us uses the snake wrapped. (red cross blue shield). this also goes back to a story in the bible in which moses has to build a giant serpent so if people look at it if they are bitten they will be okay.
the gov. uses other toa symbols on our money. it is a talisman. the two cicles on the back connected by"ONE" is just on example. also i want to add that 13 is a major number- arrows, leaves, beads, stars, stripes, e pluribus unum and annuit coeptis (both have 13 letters).

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
As far as I know the US dollar sign is exactly that - an "S" with a "U" over it.

The bottom of the "U" was eventually cut off leaving 2 lines.

If you remember the dollar sign back in the 50's had 2 lines through it - not one.

The single line dollar sign came about because of early typewriters that did not have symbol keys.

You had to type an "S" - then back space and type an "l" over top of the "S".

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
However:

The United States Abbreviation Theory
One of the most popular theories is that the dollar sign is derived from the initials of the United States. If you superimpose a capital "U" on a capital "S" then drop the lower part of the "U", what you end up with is a version of the dollar symbol with two strokes. This theory was endorsed by the American libertarian philosopher and staunch defender of capitalism, Ayn Rand, in her novel Atlas Shrugged. Chapter 10 is entitled the Sign of the Dollar. Rand claimed the dollar sign was the symbol not only of the currency, but also the nation, a free economy, and a free mind.

The Peso Abbreviation and Piece of Eight Theories
However, a more widely accepted theory nowadays is that the sign owes its origins to the Spanish peso.

One version of this theory is that the standard abbreviation of "peso" was simply "P", but the plural form was a large "P" with a small "s" above it and to its right. This was simplified by retaining only the upward stroke of the "P" and superimposing the "S" upon it. Hence the symbol of the dollar.

au.answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmaddness
The symbol for the caduceus, a serpent or snake wrapped around a rod has been documented even in ancient history. It has widely been accepted as a symbol of wisdom, and is one of the reasons the medical profession has also adopted a caduceus form for their symbol. If you look around through anchient history you will find this all throughout history, even back into the old testament of the bible, Adam and Eve story. A serpent wrapped around the branch of the tree of knowledge (wisdom).

But what kind of wisdom ? There is an evil kind of wisdom in which today's world is trapped, people say "look we are smart, we have technology and computers and so on". But they are lost in their own imagination, lying to themselves.

How many stars are in the sky ?

To answer this question the western scientists will put their telescopes and computers at work, and try to calculate and predict !
The eastern philosopher will just say : "All of them"

I am not against technology and science. They are tools, useful ones, almost magical, and people get lost in using them, and thinking about what these tools can do

I see on this forum many people excited about finding aliens. How do you imagine an advanced civilization to be ? I can imagine them only as the Protoss from Starcraft
Technology and spirituality at the same time, I can't imagine them as some Ferengi from Star Trek running around the Universe for their "profit"
Science is not everything

[edit on 9-12-2007 by pai mei]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Greek and Roman symbolism has been used in the art, architecture and literature of the western world for thousands of years. Many painters, sculptors, poets, playwrights etc. who were Christian also incorporated classical imagery into their work. That doesn't make it, or them, satanic.

I would agree if it were Roman and Greek architecture, but not paintings and statues.

First off, the Masons are famous for symbolism. Second, both the Roman and Greek civilizations don't exist anymore. So should we follow your symbols and gods to Hell like the rest of them?

And it's not like this is painted in someones house. This is our center for government, for God's sake!

We can't even keep the ten commandments in a public place, let alone a picture of Jesus. But it's OK to display Greek gods in the most important place of Government in the United States, and arguably, the world.

One nation, under God. Which God? The God of Abraham, or Basophet? Or Athena? Or Gaia? Or Satan?

The Masons say they use the bible. The bible says don't worship false idols.
Did they miss this part. Did they miss the part about Jesus, cause he is never mentioned in any of their websites, or paraphanalia. Why.

Because Jesus scares the hell into them.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I will follow with what I think what is wrong with society today.

[and if you think nothing is wrong, what planet are you from?]

Roman views of the gods were different than that of the Greeks. The Romans were practical; they viewed the gods on a contractual basis. If a Roman citizen performed the proper farming purification ceremonies he would get a good harvest. On the other hand the Greeks performed sacrifices as gratitude to the gods, or for forgiveness of sins. The Roman religion had a less beautiful view of the gods than the Greeks. The Greeks had a complicated view of their gods as fickle, even proper sacrificing would not guarantee the favor of the gods. The Romans viewed the gods almost like machines that would grant good or bad depending on what they did.

Athens continued to cultivate its religion, and became the center for new religions. More cults came into view. Here Paul proclaimed the gospel. He spoke of one true God, the one true religion that had become corrupted over the years to the worship of many strange deities. The Roman Empire eventually became Christian, and spread Christianity throughout the world.

Now Christian evolved into a false religion too, because they are trying to make money off of the "ways" to God.

Religion, and ones quest to seek God, should be and individual adventure, with every step check by the fruits of your labor.

Mercury, the "god of commerce", is not earning your paycheck for you, although they would like for you to believe that.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer

I don't know.
Greek symbolism means nothing, if you worship SATAN!

What? Did you just pull that off of Saturday Night Live from twenty years back?

You are connecting things that aren't connected.
The OTO are no major force in the universe, just a bunch of people
who think ceremonial magick is the way to find and achieve their purpose in life.
They write poetry basically and do theatrical group therapy.

You should really take a look at what kind of symbolism they are using.

Look for yourself.

Glory unto the Scarlet Woman
Babalon
The Mother of Abominations
that rideth upon the beast,
for she has spilt their blood on every
corner of the earth and lo!
she hath mingled it in the cup of her
whoredom.

But at least they are tax exempt.

[edit on 9-12-2007 by stompk]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I found a video that ties it all together nicely.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Why does everyone see the serpent as evil?

Jesus said,

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by drflux
it wouldnt be the first time the us uses the snake wrapped. (red cross blue shield). this also goes back to a story in the bible in which moses has to build a giant serpent so if people look at it if they are bitten they will be okay.
the gov. uses other toa symbols on our money. it is a talisman. the two cicles on the back connected by"ONE" is just on example. also i want to add that 13 is a major number- arrows, leaves, beads, stars, stripes, e pluribus unum and annuit coeptis (both have 13 letters).

Yes

www.medgadget.com...

Remember Moses was a magician/healer, trained in the way of the Egyptian priesthood.

neatorama.cachefly.net...

So how do you rid yourself of the not-so-little hitchhiker? You go see a doctor, who - over the course of three or four weeks - will kindly wind the worm around a stick, inch by agonizing inch. Not the most pleasant method, but certainly a proven one. This cure for a guinea worm infection has been around so long, so believe it’s where we get the snakes-around-a-staff symbol for medicine.

Numbers 21:4-9

These verses have long fascinated both believers and skeptics. What were the mysterious "fiery serpents" that God sent to bite the people, causing many of them to die? Well, parasitologists say it may have been the guinea worm (The nematode Dranunculus medinensis).

Think Mythology, we continue to re-write the myth, do you see?

Only now it is the NWO.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I would probably say it stem from Genesis.

1Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

14And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

But it's up to you whom you want to worship.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have often thrown this idea back and forth in my head. I had a religious / out of this world experience when I was younger. I used to be visited by some sort of being. He could read my thoughts and communicate to me through my mind. In my dreams he would come to me as a human. He relied on fear energy produced when I would go to sleep in the dark to materialize. I would see shadows moving accross my room and glowing eyes in dark places. He also had the skill of persuasion. One particular night he came to me in a dream which was again lucid. I was in control of my conversations and was totally conscious of what I was doing with in the dream as I had done so many times before with him. He showed me a hole from far and told me to follow him and come closer to the hole. I felt this was evil and did not want to do so but I trusted the being for a short while. I floated over the hole where he showed me the bottomless pit. In the pit I saw many souls resting upon many souls which were also lying upon many souls almost clawing to get out. As soon as I saw this I awoke and yelled, No! Your Evil! As I opened my eyes I saw the being in real life in his actual form. He stood just on the other side of my window, which my bed was against, he was staring at me and I screamed. He had giant black eyes and skin like a lizard or snake. Long fingers with long black fingernails which could cut you like razor blades. The eyes were the most peculiar as they were the size of baseballs and jet black. I could see nothing in the black eyes. They were also slightly to the sides of the beings head almost like a fish.

Could this be the great serpent who deceived Adam and Eve in the Garden?

[edit on 9-12-2007 by Raphael]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I would probably say it stem from Genesis.

1Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

14And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

But it's up to you whom you want to worship.

Yes I realise that, and you are correct, yet jesus uses it as well?

I believe the Genesis story tells something incredibly different then what we have been taught.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Raphael

I don't know Raphael, but I have had experiences I perceived as angels of light and angels of darkness,

There is somethiing there, beyond our dimension, deeper then the NWO or illuminati,

Remember, it says whole world, are we all caught up in the illusion?

Keeping us all hating one, vilifying one another, One religion against another, one nation against another, creating fear and division, is this the plan?

What did Jesus say, Love one another do good to those that hate you.

We must try not to be part of the problem, we must try to reach one another with love and understanding,

12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

There is somethiing there, beyond our dimension, deeper then the NWO or illuminati,

Remember, it says whole world, are we all caught up in the illusion?

Keeping us all hating one, vilifying one another, One religion against another,one nation against another, creating fear and division, is this the plan?

What did Jesus say, Love one another do good to those that hate you.

We must try not to be part of the problem, we must try to reach one another with love and understanding

That is just what I have been feeling like lately. I feel that the Illuminati in our culture, in our culture has been creating fights between religions that don't need to fight, or fights between whites and blacks. They want us very badly to get caught up in some kind of cause that does not do anything but keep us away from getting down to the point of stopping the Illuminati. You can see the proof by how I was criticized for my Sexist Feminism and Racism thread
by one of the ones who commented on it. Some said that Sexist Feminism and Racism were issues that didn't matter anymore, but it is still the thing that separates us as a people.

Thank you stompk for bringing all this information to my attention. It made me see how vile my blood relative Harry S. Truman really was.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
S + U on top = oldschool $ sign... the bottom of the U later cut

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join