It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the $ symbol stand for the Serpent-Lord?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I always understood that the $ was actually a sigil of the word ISIS.

MY .000002

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by stompk

Originally posted by Legalizer

I don't know.
Greek symbolism means nothing, if you worship SATAN!

What? Did you just pull that off of Saturday Night Live from twenty years back?

You are connecting things that aren't connected.
The OTO are no major force in the universe, just a bunch of people
who think ceremonial magick is the way to find and achieve their purpose in life.
They write poetry basically and do theatrical group therapy.

You should really take a look at what kind of symbolism they are using.

Look for yourself.

But at least they are tax exempt.

[edit on 9-12-2007 by stompk]

Stompk, Who is this "they" that you keep referring to?

Fruit cake anyone?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I can always tell when I'm on the right path, cause I'll always get some Mason who can't resist a personal attack.

If you want to know who they is, you should look in the mirror.

These are all members of the Masonic brotherhood.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

[size=10]$

What does this symbol mean? To most it means money.

To some, it is much more. It is the ultimate symbol of

control of government.

First, I need to show a picture of the inside of the Capitol Dome.

This is from the Rotunda Frieze that is a 360 deg panorama around the inside of the dome of the Capitol Building in Washington D.C.

Here is the definition of that panel from that government site.

"America and History" - The first panel contains the only allegorical figures in the frieze. America, wearing a liberty cap, stands in the center with her spear and shield. To her right sits an Indian maiden with a bow and arrows, representing the untamed American continent. Also at America's feet is a female figure representing History, who holds a stone tablet to record events as they occur. An American eagle perches on a fasces (a bundle of rods symbolizing the authority of government). The man in the background to their right is in the same pose as the prospector at the end of "Discovery of Gold in California," since Brumidi planned to have this scene connect with his last one.

from www.aoc.gov

Now here's a pic of the obverse of a 1926 "mercury" dime.

Again, the fasces.

The word fasces comes from the the Roman word meaning bundle. The fasces itself is an axe surrounded by bundled rods of elm wood. It's original use and true meaning is lost, although it probably originated as a phallic emblem

And here is a picture of the Mace of the US House of Representatives

The design of the Mace is derived from an ancient battle weapon and the Roman fasces. The ceremonial Mace is 46 inches high and consists of 13 ebony rods – representing the original 13 states of the Union – bound together by silver strands criss-crossed over the length of the pole. Atop this shaft is a silver globe on which sits an intricately cast solid silver eagle.

Interest to note the simularities between the eagle on the mace and the nazi eagle

Imperial War Museum

continued...

[edit on 8-12-2007 by stompk]

So you are saying the Iranians are right by calling us "The Great Satan"?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
www.sacred-texts.com...
Freemasonic Symbolism

I don't know if anyone has read this or not, hope it helps.

From the book
THE SECRET TEACHINGS OF ALL AGES
by Manly P. Hall

Someone mentioned Isis?
Isis, the Virgin of the World
www.sacred-texts.com...

THOTH, THE DOG-HEADED.
www.sacred-texts.com...

[edit on 113131p://bSunday2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
altreligion.about.com...
An ancient Hittite Eagle

The Masonic eagle is often referred to as the "Eagle of Lagash," after one of the oldest uses of the emblem, in the ancient Sumerian city of Lagash. The two faced eagle was popularized in Europe by the Emperor Charlemagne, and the symbol was adopted formally into Freemasonry in the mid-eighteenth century, by the Council of Emperors of the East and West. At that time, the device was commonly used to depict the uniting of two bodies into one; this was probably a factor in the decision to use the eagle symbol.

Sumerian

(Williams-Forte 1983: 180, 194; Wolkstein & Kramer 1983: 95-96, 102; Jacobsen 1976: 136-137). In the branches of Inanna's tree, the bird was also at the boundary between earth and sky. It too was able to move across thresholds.

www.matrifocus.com...

Native America

Both Bald and Golden Eagles (and their feathers) are highly revered and considered sacred within American Indian traditions, culture and religion. They are honored with great care and shown the deepest respect. They represent honesty, truth, majesty, strength, courage, wisdom, power and freedom. As they roam the sky, they are believed to have a special connection to God.

www.eagles.org...

Notice both Native American and Sumerian cultures see the eagle as the connection between heaven and earth, or a link to god?

The Bible

In Isaiah we read, "They that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles." (Isa. xl. 31) They shall become strong in will for what is good, and shall rise into spiritual intelligence. We can now understand more completely the lament for Saul and Jonathan "They were swifter than eagles, they were stronger than lions." (2 Sam. i. 23) It

www.godweb.org...

And of course not to leave anyone out,
Image of Mohammed, on frieze inside the United States Supreme Court building.
www.thinking-catholic-strategic-center.com...

Church And State In Art
www.thinking-catholic-strategic-center.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Iran's flag,

Cyrus the Great's standard was a golden eagle with spread wings mounted on a long shaft. In this use of the eagle motif as a national symbol probably lies the origin of the eagle symbols of such countries as Prussia, Russia, Austria, Poland, France and America in modern times for the Seleucids, Romans and Crusaders all adopted Iranian heraldic motifs.

en.wikipedia.org...

it has been changed recently.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Iroquois Constitution

Many Native American tribes or nations formed loose defensive confederations which held together briefly or for a long time. The Iroquois, a confederation of first five and then six Native American nations in the northeastern United States, however, formed what was an anomalous confederation that would form much of the basis for the American invention of government. This was a powerful confederation of sovereign nations held together by a constitution that based itself on the structure of the confederation and its decision-making apparatus rather than on the charisma or power of individuals. This would then become the model that the framers of the Consitution would turn to in designing a nation that was, in theory, a set of sovereign nations: the United States.

It is perfectly obvious how the framers of the Constitution of the United States borrowed from the Iroquois League. The two houses of Congress are based on the Roman model of the Senate and the plebeian Assembly, but added to this model is the give-and-take between the two houses in the effort to enforce common consent between the two houses which is borrowed from the Iroquois Constitution. The veto power of the president clearly derives from the function of the Onandaga Lords as Fire-Keepers, and the open-endedness of the League is reproduced in the open-endedness of the Constitution: any state can join, any state can secede, and, potentially, any state can be withdrawn from the nation.

www.wsu.edu...

You see we borrow from one another.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

i thought it was bad to make physical depictions of mohammed!?!

isnt it why that lady got in trouble with the teddy bear?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by drflux

Great point!

So, I found this.

As explained by the cabalistic letters of the names Acharat and Althotas, it expresses the chief characteristics of the Great Arcanum and the Great Work. It is a serpent pierced by an arrow, thus representing the letter Aleph, an image of the union between active and passive, spirit and life, will and light. The arrow is that of the antique Apollo, while the serpent is the python of fable...

The union of the two is the universal balance, the Great Arcanum, the Great Work, the equilibrium of Jachin and Boaz. The initials L.P.D., which accompany this figure, signify Liberty, Power, Duty, and also Light, Proportion, Density; Law, Principle and Right. The Freemasons have changed the order of these initials, and in the form of L.'.D.'.P.: . they render them as Liberte de Penser, Liberty of Thought, inscribing these on a symbolical bridge, but for those who are not initiated they substitute Liberte de Passer, Liberty of Passage

The image was later incorporated into the emblem of the Hermetic Brotherhod of Luxor, an early occult fraternity.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
So that is the sign of the Seal of Cagliostro.

CAGLIOSTRO

'The quack of quacks, the most perfect scoundrel that in these latter ages has marked the world's history,' says Mr. Carlyle, 'we have found in the Count Alessandro di Cagliostro, pupil of the Sage Althotas, foster-child of the Scherif of Mecca, probable son of the last King of Trebisond; named also Acharat, and unfortunate child of nature; by profession healer of diseases, abolisher of wrinkles, friend of the poor and impotent, grand master of the Egyptian mason-lodge of high science, spirit-summoner, gold-cook, grand cophta, prophet, priest, and thaumaturgic moralist and swindler; really a liar of the first magnitude, thoroughpaced in all provinces of lying, what one may call the king of liars.'

Source

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The symbol placed in front of our American 'dollars', to help designate our currency in the world market, is a common practice used throughout the world.

England, for instance, has it's unique symbol to designate their 'pound', Japan has it's symbol to designate their 'yen' and many other countries have designated their own symbol to quickly identify their currency.

It's actually quite simple to understand the origination of the United States currency symbol, the '$' or 'dollar sign' and how it developed to become into being that.

As our young country grew and prospered and in order to quickly and easily identify the large sums of money being handled, world financiars agreed upon a symbol that would be unique only to the United States.

By writing down the first letter 'S', of 'States', and superimposing directly upon it, the letter 'U', of 'United', the symbol was born, and, for years, that was how it had appeared as it preceded the value of the United States dollar, a written down 'S' quickly scribbled over be a 'U'.

However, with passage of time, it became apparent that the ungainly act of writing this 'dollar' symbol repeatedly, especially using pen and ink, could be speeded up if, instead of writing a 'U' over the 'S', that just two parallel vertical lines be used.

A short time later, it was determined that even more time could be saved if the double vertical line was replaced by only a single vertical line, which is what we have today.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The decimal value of the Dollar = 36 (3 times 6 is 666)

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

can you show how that is? i dont think that 36 equal 666. 36 equals 36 and that is it. 2223 6111 or 1116 can be 666 or all three upside down and many more combinations.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I am, as always, continually amazed at stompk's (lack of) logical arguments. It becomes so comical that I don't even post when I read the threads because his arguments are the textbook definition of logical fallacies. He uses the same ones all the time, and he then screams at you and tells you that YOU must be a satan worshipper/freemason (same thing, according to him) when you point out that all of his arguments fail because they use the same logical fallacies:

1) Post hoc ergo propter hoc: Latin for "after the thing, then because of it." He posts random pictures from questionable sources claiming they MUST be related because they somehow came after the previous picture in time or some other context. It's completely illogical. This is the same reason why native man claimed that they could make rain - they danced, the rain came sometime later.

2) Argument ad ignorantium: Latin for "argument from ignorance." Stompk continually asserts theories that are so wrong on the face of it that you can't disprove them because they state things which are not true - how do you prove a negative? You can't. He knows this, so he assumes because you cannot prove him wrong that he must be right. This is a logical fallacy. It is the same thing as arguing "the sky is filled with an invisible pig." I cannot prove to you that the pig is not there, because IT IS NOT THERE.

The same people fall for it, and then others point out what's going on and get screamed at. It's very amusing - but very, very sad.

EDIT: I just noticed stompk got slapped with a ban, so - unfortunately - I won't get to see him claim that I'm part of some satanic disinformation cabal. So sad.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by LightinDarkness]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
[edit on 10-12-2007 by drflux]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LightinDarkness

He got a warning, not a ban.
Why would you just dismiss everything he's researched without
researching it AS MUCH as he has, yourself?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Sorry for not reading the thread first, But I believe the $ is a symbol for ISIS. It's another illuminati symbol which has been fed into our society since it's infancy. We all worship the $ because we have been directed to worship the illuminati.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesMartel

[edit on 8-12-2007 by stompk]

So you are saying the Iranians are right by calling us "The Great Satan"?

I have no idea where people get this notion that all of Iran hates America. They are actually big fans of our culture. It's the extremists and puppet-politicians who badmouth America in Iranian media - and they do it because they have been trained to hate us by our own CIA operatives.

Also, when we allow Satanists and war-mongering psychopaths to run our Country, then yes, other nationalities are correct for calling us 'The Great Satan'. We are the beast.

This is totally off-topic so I'll abate.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by LightinDarkness

He got a warning, not a ban.
Why would you just dismiss everything he's researched without
researching it AS MUCH as he has, yourself?

Actually, he got a ban. Look under his name.

Do you not understand what it means to commit a logical fallacy? To make an argument you do the following: you make a list of precepts related to one another, and then provide a conclusion based on the basis of these precepts. To commit a logical fallacy means that there is no actual relationship between the precepts you have outlined, and the conclusions you have reached. You have not proven your conclusions. I have researched many things that ATS brings up, and even specifically commented on why stompk is almost always wrong in his threads that I have read (I have not read all of them) - but I do not have to, because YET AGAIN the burden of proof for someone proposing a theory is on that person. If they commit a logical fallacy to reach their conclusions, they have not provided a convincing argument to me.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join