It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(hollow earth) I plan to go to the hollow earth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

this might sound dumb but, do you think they could've mistaken niagra falls for the entrance to the inner earth?

this thought just crossed my mind and i wanted to share. i am not sure if the falls can be reached through river systems by boat from the atlantic ocean or not. Does anyone know? I'm thinking Hudson bay as a start point?

Wouldn't you consider that to be a giant hole in the Earth if you had come upon it in your maritime travels?

[edit on 12/8/2007 by runetang]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by runetang

...good point, but judging from the HE graphic, I still think there's an entrance in the mountains, seems likely within caves.

I imagine since then, there's been numerous findings of entrances. Like you mention, probably within falls too. I've been to Niagara a couple of times, I think it's (a) pretty 'solid' fall(s) from just looking at it, although, there's multiple falls there w/ the power plant that was the heart of the blackout back in 2003. Here's a space shot of that:

outdoors.webshots.com...

Has anyone read the book, The Mole People? It's about a group of people in NYC that live within the subway tunnels. I should read it, maybe there's some mention of a HE and it seems pretty interesting besides the OP.

"The Mole People"

It's about $7 used.

...also, people should remember/be careful of the Deep Underground Military Bases that they could run into. From the sound of those, they seem pretty extensive, as in, one of them in the U.S. supposedly runs on MavLev trains and is in an area underneath most of the SW.... probably browsing through the A51/facilities archives here at ATS is also a good idea for researching this.

[edit on 8-12-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
You guys have read far too much fiction. There is no evidence about this, not even circumstantial. Why on earth (no pun) would you think that this would be even remotely possible to cover up? Because of bad Google-earth sat-images on the polar-caps? Because of some rumors originating from misinterpretated statements by rear-admiral Byrd? Because of frantic CT about Thule-society and nazi-activity in antarctica, which is blown way out of proportion?

I know the OP wanted to refrain from negative input, but I just really want to hear from others what it is that make them believe in this bizarre theory.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
This would make such a cool movie. I'm up for the journey.

You're joking, right? Ever hear of "Journey to the Center of the Earth"? It's like one of the most famous movies ever!

Anyway, it's times like these that I wish I was a billionaire. Because these are the kinds of missions that I would fund and go on myself. I'm not exactly sure there is a "hollow Earth" persay, but I believe that there is at least some very enormous pockets down there. I also subscribe to the theory that a lot of the creatures we hear about like Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster actually come from these underground worlds. I personally believe that the majority of UFO sightings are not alien, but are from this planet. I believe they come from civilizations below our oceans and/or inside our Earth. Now, whether or not there is an entire civilization that calls our ocean floors or the inside of our Earth our home, or whether it is just alien visitors or Earthlings from the future who have a large base down there, is still debatable in my mind.

I really think that for the sake of logistics and costs, that if this mission is ever to take place, we need to focus more on other possible entrances located in the United States. The costs involved with going to the North Pole in a ship that is equipped for that, and with the proper equipment (like underwater cameras and deep submersable vehicles) and those who know how to operate that equipment, plus all of the other things we'd need, are going to be astronomical. I think we're dreaming if we think that we can all just put some money together and it will be enough to pull this thing off. We're also being completely unrealistic if we expect some millionaire to just voluntarily fund a mission that basically amounts to the dreams of a few random internet message board posters with no real experience in the field.

And we definitely need this sophisticated kind of equipment. Taking a trip all the way to the North Pole and having it turn out to just be nothing but ocean would be very disappointing. So we're going to need the kind of equipment necessary to send down cameras and sonar and other equipment towards the bottom of the ocean there. Does anyone here even know how deep it is there (not including the hollow earth depth)?

Anyway, with all that in mind, we need to be realistic here. It's all right to dream and all, but we need to start by taking baby steps. And I think that begins by first forming a group and researching as much as possible. We need to look for possible entrances throughout the US, and perhaps have individual groups of people who are located near those potential entrances do their own exploring, and then go from there.

I just think starting off with a trip to the North Pole is financially unrealistic. Plus, people who own the kind of boat and the kind of equipment we need take their jobs and the safety of their equipment extremely seriously. They aren't about to just let a bunch of novices looking for a Hollow Earth put their extremely expensive equipment at risk over what could amount to being a fable. I think it would be really nice if we could recruit some members who are actually in these fields and also are interested in the Hollow Earth theory. Those who search ship wrecks or hunt treasure in the oceans would probably be the ideal people for us. They would have the knowledge and the contacts in the field that we would need. Maybe someone who is involved in deep ocean drilling and ocean oil rigs could also be good for our group. They'd know a lot about what is on the ocean floor as far as material, depth, etc.

Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I'm on the fence with this one...

Amazing if true, I've heard the stories of Shambalah and the like, and how maybe a splinter of ancient man wandered into the earth and never came out...

I doubt the earth is hollow (like a ping pong), but it bet there's huge cavernous vaults down there with a myriad of undiscovered life forms, in unimaginable depths of water and steam filled caves and the like.... and maybe, just maybe there is a race that lives down there...

I'm also fascinated by all those stories of UFO's flying into the water at high speed (some people describe them as egg shaped), then that brings us to the tribe in Africa (the Dogons) who already knew about the Sirius twin star (invisible to the naked eye) and claimed they had been given the knowledge by beings from an egg shaped craft...

Maybe these UFO's are from the water? These beings exist below or surfaces?

Who knows, maybe it's my imagination running away with me, but I definately believe the earth is hollow in some places untouched by our sun touched hands.

* Oh and on a side note, did any ever play DIGGERS for the Amiga? It was basically a game about mining, but on one level you could dig down so far that you dropped out onto an underground world... Complete with mysterious creatures, it was like an 'easter egg' in gaming terms, not part of the plot of the game, but there for your own discovery.

Anyway back on track...
My bet is a race of telepathic squid...

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm not for sure if the Earth is completely hollow but I bet there are large pockets the size of states or bigger under the ground. When magma rises it eats away at rock and earth but when it recedes it leaves large holes. These pockets over time if stable could produce another life form through evolution. If water also makes it's way into the cavern then it will provide the needed kick start. You do not need sun light for things to live.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
take us some pictures while ya down there ?

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANTHONY33
reply to post by anhinga

Correct I am not loaded so I will need the combined efforts of willing participants.

I have no set plan as yet but I want to get the ball rolling and get some interest and may be hold a meeting somewhere so we know who's serious about it and run it like a business.

[edit on 7-12-2007 by ANTHONY33]

So you don't have money. How do you expect to fund an expedition to the North Pole? It's been mentioned before, but do you have any clue whatsoever about the logistics of such a trip? Do you expect anonymous people on an internet message board who read the same stories as you to put up this incredible amount of money? And again as mentioned before, do you have any training whatsoever in survival, rock climbing, or spelunking? You say that you're serious about it and want to 'get the ball rolling' but you have no plan at all aside from some Google Earth pictures. So what, you basically want someone else to do all the planning since you have no idea where to start? And you actually want people to MEET with you? 'Run it like a business?' If I said I'm down, would you buy a plane ticket to go meet me somewhere? Doubt it.

It sounds to me like you read a bunch of Hollow Earth stories and decided that it would be totally neat to go find the hidden entrance so you can skip your way in to go play kickball with monsters. You have no loot, no plan, but you're 'serious' and want to find people who will pretend to go along with your fantasy. You're basically blowing steam, speaking out of your rear, talking for the sake of talking. That about sum this thread up?

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Not to burst your bubble or anything, but dont you think that if such a thing exists, our government and many other governments already know about it? And if they do, dont you think the entrances to these places are more secure than Area 51?

Pretty impossible if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Would you be the first to find this hole to the Hollow Earth? Someone before you must have had an expedition to do the same. Did they find it? No they didn't. Will you find it? Very doubtful. I don't see the reasoning to hide the earth being hollow to the people. Nor do I see how the earth could be hollow.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by PokeyJoe

Maybe this sinkhole in Guatemala leads there:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
What would you do if you would get there, inside the earth i mean, it's not safe there i bet. All the precautions and stuff. I highly doubt that there will be life in there either, well at least not intelligence one. But anywayz, should be careful so that you dont get lost in there...somewhere. Still, i bet it would be a great adventure which should be filmed too.
i hope you plan it well and you will be able to do it, safely

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The OP is blowing smoke up your butts. There is no way he is going to make that journey. As someone stated you would need to be a millionaire (or billionaire?) to make that trip successfully, not to mention possibly have political connections, in addition to years of athletic endurance training. Although I applaud the desire to make the journey the logistics involved are far far too cumbersome to make the journey realistic. Why do you think all of the other high profile trips to the Hollow Earth failed?, but you and your small team of computer nerds are going to somehow conquer it? I wish you luck and I think the desire is important but try taking more realistic adventures closer to home, hell there are all kinds of mysterious places even in your own state that you can test the waters with!

[edit on 8-12-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I prefer the Hollow Mars Theory! At least the entrances are far easier to find

~odievk

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
lol is that mars pic real ? look like som1 been just playing with MSpaint

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
If you have followed Richard Sauders "Underground Bases and Tunnels" there are more than enough hints that you might not have to go to the south or north pole to enter the subterranean.

Even the south pole would seem easier and cheapter than entering at the north pole, because theres some land to walk and stand on, whereas the northpole might just suck you down in a whirlpool. At the southpole they differentiate between three (!) different south poles: The magnetic pole, the "actual" pole, and the "ceremonial pole" (where flags of nations are mounted and the few toursits that ever show up take pictures of themselves...while the tourists think they are at the southern-most point of the earth, they are still hundreds of miles away from it of course). Type "entrance to the south pole" into google-images and you get a U.S. Research station...so it might be guarded there.

A quick internet-search will also reveal other people who have done or plan to do "expeditions to the hollow earth". Unfortunately its hard to find results of these expeditions. Either they failed or were swalloed by the inner earth world.

My own reasoning would go more in the direction of CAVE-systems as entrances. Enter a mountain into a cave and go down, down, down. Of course, this is absolutely dangerous and you`d need some professional training of a few months in it before doing it. Lots of strange stories of missing people, elve-like beings from subterranean places etc. surrounding Caves.

[edit on 8-12-2007 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
wow.

if you posted this, you've obviously spent more time thinking about this than I, so help me understand where you're comiing from:

Who hollowed it out?

If you think it formed that way, do you think all planets are hollow?

Do you think there is something small and extremely massive/dense in the middle of the earth to account for it's mathematically calculable and reliably predictable gravitational effect?

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Several things come to my mind when I think about this. Well, besides the obvious I do not think it is truly possible.

However.. the movie The Descent comes to mind. If it is possible, we could get down there and find flesh eating creatures that are nothing we are prepared to deal with.

Or, borrowing from AD&D, and this makes me laugh, we could find something like the race known as Drow from Forgotten Realms. And all the other "goodies" that comes from those books.

Either way.. the prospect of meeting something that is a life form and downright vicious makes me more than leery of making a trip without weapons to defend myself.

Of course, I am one who thinks tatical nukes are good for killing spiders....

VV

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
this is just funny

I think with the hollow earth theory its not that there is openings on polar ends but at the bottom of the ocean cause if you are inside you still see the ocean on your end

dont you think the inner earth people have a conspiracy theory that their is an outer earth, think theyve ever tried to recruit people who have no plan or money either to go out and look? but maybe their govt covers it up? do they have a govt? who are they? who am I to talk about who they are or arent? ow1 my brain hurts now

this is just awesomely funny
i want to print this out so when i have bad days I can read it and say, life is good

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Be very careful venturing
underground..

You may meet the Drow

Hope you find what you
seek.

Regards,
Lex

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join