It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(hollow earth) I plan to go to the hollow earth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
Be very careful venturing
underground..

You may meet the Drow

Hope you find what you
seek.

Regards,
Lex

yeah watch out, theyre so pretty theyll make you question your sexuality

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Question: If the entrance was truly at the north pole, beneath which is ocean, wouldn't the ocean have simply drained into the entrance, filling the hollow earth?

~odievk

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by odievk

polar gravity push and pull effect

well if i even believed in hollow earth thats what i imagined it would be like

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Don't forget your straight jacket, that alone might be the pre-requisite to be let in. No really (they will) find it hilarious, just remember Menguard sent ya, with a fore-warning. And tell them no more riddles.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by odievk
I prefer the Hollow Mars Theory! At least the entrances are far easier to find

~odievk

you know, i really think that is just a giant meteor - hole. You'd probably say but how could it be so perfectly circular?

well, there are meteors made of different materials. some are made of softer materials, some of soft metals, some of organic material, some of ice and gas, and some of hard metal. in fact, some are solid hard nickel or iron or whatever.

if a hard metal meteor stays in an extended time period of orbit, over millions of years would it not take a completely and uniformly circular, ball shape, from the effects of the gravity?

then it could plow right into mars in a soft spot of the surface soto speak and make a perfect hole. were talking about a gigantic bowling ball here..

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
you know, i really think that is just a giant meteor - hole. You'd probably say but how could it be so perfectly circular?

The same way that a sinkhole is prefectly round. I would guess that its an equivalent to a sinkhole in the ice.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
While I admittedly know nothing about the Hollow Earth theory so I won't bring judgement on it until I actually research it more... I've hardly heard about it, although I am a bit skeptical. I just wanted to say in response to everyone saying "how will you enter through the North Pole? It's all ocean", I thought I heard a while ago that there is an actual continent/land mass underneath the North Pole. It may have been Antarctica that I'm thinking of though.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
While I admittedly know nothing about the Hollow Earth theory so I won't bring judgement on it until I actually research it more... I've hardly heard about it, although I am a bit skeptical. I just wanted to say in response to everyone saying "how will you enter through the North Pole? It's all ocean", I thought I heard a while ago that there is an actual continent/land mass underneath the North Pole. It may have been Antarctica that I'm thinking of though.

It's Antarctica that has a continent underneath. The North Pole as far as we know is just floating ice (and not particularly thick ice at that IIRC).

EDIT: Also, seems the Russkies have even planted their flag on the ocean bottom.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by Esoterica]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I've traveled extensively through the north of Canada and Greenland and could tell you all kinds of stories about the weird stuff up there. Apparently the aliens love the northern lights. I have quite a bit of knowledge when it comes to mounting expeditions in cold weather environments, though I've never lead a professional tour.

I have been lead to believe that the north of Canada has more then a few of of reported entrances to the inner earth so going to the actual North Pole might not be necessary. Plus Greenland has an odd amount of activity at its military bases so there might be something there as well.

A large expedition would be bad in my opinion just because of the need for more supplies which means longer loads and heavier work. Plus if we are trying to avoid contact it is a lot easier to hide 4-5 people then 10+. One tent could easily contain a small amount of people and be camouflaged easily.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
hi ive never heard of this theory but it seems that it states theres is a "city" in our planet it sounds good im in with helping and such but what if this is the city of atlantis????

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwhint
reply to post by anhinga

I think Russia has laid a claim to some of that area of the north pole, why?and America and Canada is claiming foul to to the UN, why?

oil.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Upper british columbia in Canada is quite overrun with constant UFO sightings... the hunting guides will gladly show you several on any given night... and even though they are obviously not of "known science" the hunting guides will still tell you "dont know what it was... but it wasn't a UFO" (there little joke response). Been that way since the 60's, so if there was an entrance to some large subterranian cave area (not a beleiver in the HE theory myself) my guess it would be somewhere amidst the thousands of uncharted miles of area...

But the downside to researching that area... only transport is by biplane, and that will only get you to a lake... then you get to hike for days/weeks to actually get to the mountain caves you would need to explore...

Guess the aliens had a great location picked afterall...

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I don't know how far you will get. the webcrawlers would have already found the keywords 'hollow earth' and you are no doubt being monitored. i wish you luck but all they would need to do is send a small military team to arrest and remove you from the area

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I am up for it, but if you need people to help back in the U.S. let me know.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
while I find it a far fetched concept I too have a strong interest in hollow earth research... Mainly because I love caving and spelunking... but it's one of those 'wouldn't it be neat if' things for me. So I really would expect to find nothing but my expedition(DESIGN... not foolproof) has basically been planned for next to nothing...
BUT... the plans of that one are HIGHLY suspect.... and DEFINITELY ILLEGAL (trespassing on National Park land has to be felony in the extent one would be considering to go that far into the cave)

Sooo... Now the 10 million dollar plan...
Firstly you need to get government permission, by cooperation... THEN you gotta go to Mammoth Cave in Kentucky. You would have to have 1 geologist, 1 tracker/cave guide, 1 medic and at least 2 other physically fit, small in build persons for explorative purposes. And if required two rangers/seals for protection purposes(and probably monitoring purposes). You should go ahead and include yourself in this plan... why? because you can...

Supplies... your going to need at least two weeks of oxygen for each person (if you go more than a months travel... it's just a cave, and your going to hit really hot stuff soon... might as well turn back before you died. Your going to need 1 months worth of food supplies, batteries (for headlamps) Basic first aid supplies for thousands of cuts and scrapes and medical supplies for major injuries. Since you have all of these supplies it would only be logical to have a small vehicle to carry these supplies to you... it might as well have a drill on the front end of it that can open up a clear path. lastly you need to have enough ammunition to get the hell out of there if the something bad goes down.

It's a plausible concept, but you would have to have cooperation with those who are suppressing this information from the general public... Basically you would have to prove the inner earth beings have nukes... then your good to go... but it's not gonna happen in our life times..

(sorry so short... I have to get to work...)

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven
your going to need at least two weeks of oxygen for each person (if you go more than a months travel…

Do you know how much air that is?
One 80lb tank (normal scuba tank) will last a person is pretty good shape that is not exerting themselves about 2 hours at 2 bar. 2 bar being 2 atmospheres, or 33 feet in the water. Since you are not going to be under the water, which is heavier, then 2 bar may get you down pretty far in the ground.

So 1 x 80lb tank per every two hours = 12 tanks per day, per person.
14 days x 12 tanks per day = 168 tanks of air per person.
You can carry these one at a time do to their weight and size.
Good luck with that.

You might be able to use some sort of concentrator or re-breather, but a concentrator is going to rely on there already being some amount of O2 in the atmosphere, and re-breathers are very dangerous to use. Then you have to figure out how long you can use that air if there is nitrogen accumulating in your system so you don’t get pressure sickness.

You are correct about the rest of it though, its never going to happen, and its illegal to go beyond certain points in most cave systems.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I'm sure you'll be doing multiple flyovers first.

Be sure to check into to the huge big black rectangles some people think are objects when they are really only the stitched images froom Google Earth and Maps.

Every member of the expedition will no doubt need to strap on a live streaming web cam, maybe two, just in case something "unusual" begins to happen.

Where's Dirk Pitt when you need him?

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lexion

Lexion, you're being silly; "Drows" are just a fictional being of androgynous geek lore.

What the OP needs to be wary of are grues.

GRUES

But, back to OT:

OP--hasn't Mammoth Caves been mapped already?

Regardless, this'd could make one heck of a documentary, if you actually embark on the quest.

Good luck,
F

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ANTHONY33

WHAT CRAP!!!

hehe

Had to. Good luck my friend. I hope you have really thought this through though. We have had multiple people stating that they were heading out. None have ever replied to their threads that they started since. Most likely they never went. But it could be that it simply COST way too much to pull it off.

If you do it please feel free to keep us updated. If you take pictures then that would be even better.

I have a family that I must provide for or else I would be tempted to run along with you.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I read about this several months ago, here check out these sites:

www.phoenixsciencefoundation.org... (click on: APEX)

phoenixsciencefoundation.org... (will have to highligh the text, it is in black for some reason)

And an ABOUT article: paranormal.about.com...

I think this is a possibility, especially when you take the Earth growing theory into account.

[edit on 8-12-2007 by RexxCrow]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join