It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US general says Iran helping stop Iraq bloodshed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   

US general says Iran helping stop Iraq bloodshed

news.yahoo.com

Lieutenant General James Dubik, who is in charge of training Iraqi security forces, said Tehran was keeping to its pledge of stopping the smuggling of weapons to Iraqi extremists.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
How dare Iran do such a thing!

Since when is it their job to be anything but flippin terrorists hell bent on war and destruction??

/sarcasm

Jasn

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Well that is a surprise to here. However I also read that villages have been taken over by extremists in Iraq leaving many of the villagers dead. So that begs the question, where are the weapons coming from?

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Interesting thread.

Deserves attention

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
So that begs the question, where are the weapons coming from?

Saudi Arabia.

They've got the money to finance it, the brainwashed masses to execute it and your media keeps relatively quiet about anything underhanded that they do, while simultaneously over-hyping every little thing that Iran does.

Sleight of hand befitting magicians.

60% of Foreign Insurgency from Allies Saudi Arabia & Libya

Regardless, the most fascinating thing about all this is that thread is basically untouched, despite it's staggering revelation. I bet if the name "Iran" was in the title, there'd be 20-30 replies already.

Saudis aren't the only brainwashed folk.

reply to post by neformore

The the thread I linked is far more fascinating. Read the article linked within.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
agree with above one

but i bet if "China" is involved in this thread's title, 200+ replies will be flooding up.

kidding.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by wwssii]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
no wonder Iran (which is in the title) is so unpopular with U.S. stooge...goal is genocide....why else would u contaminate the whole place with radio active dust...............GB

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Something tells me this story will not be covered by Fox.
:p

In fact, I'd be truly shocked to see it appear in any mainstream Western based media.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
In fact, I'd be truly shocked to see it appear in any mainstream Western based media.

But it was covered by AFP... Agence France-Presse

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
an update from the middle east. iran may not be supplying insurgents, but first this breaking story, OJ's new suit and what it means for his defense.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone who posted

I tend to agree that this will probably not be covered in the main stream media. As I said I was a bit surprised to read about it my self. As to the weapons I would not be surprised if the main supplier is Saudi, and Syria. Will have to see what more happens though.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

www.msnbc.msn.com...

US supplied weapons go `missing` in Iraq

hmmmm wonder if its AR15`s being used nowadays against US forces...

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   

So that begs the question, where are the weapons coming from?

Try here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Man, this isn't even covered in the UK press either

Well, i'm not really surprised

As many have said, Iran has no interest in a neighbouring country falling into civil war.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Iran might be able to have a greater say in the politics of Iraq when the occupation is over. Or maby even instate a puppet government. That is one reason why Iran might want some sort of civil war in Iraq.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Iran might be able to have a greater say in the politics of Iraq when the occupation is over. Or maby even instate a puppet government. That is one reason why Iran might want some sort of civil war in Iraq.

A civil war would spill over into Iran,
this is basic politics. You don't want a war on your doorstep, i.e why China was quick to deal with North Korea and the statement it made on Burma.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
Something tells me this story will not be covered by Fox.
:p

Actually, it was covered by Fox a week ago, although the source of the article was a different official so I guess this is a good confirmation of the facts.

www.abovepolitics.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

A civil war would spill over into Iran,
this is basic politics. You don't want a war on your doorstep, i.e why China was quick to deal with North Korea and the statement it made on Burma.

Yes it would spill over to Iran in one way or another, however Iran could also be the deciding factor as to who wins. By changing the ruling ethnicity in Iraq they can change the influence they have on Iraq's politics.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
So where did all the Iranian made EFPs come from then? Its either Iran or Syria. Saudi and Syria rich boys fund AQ Sunni types and Iran funds the Mahdi Militia. They are all guilty.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Did you even read the link? Iran have ageed to stop supplying weapons - and are keeping there side of the bargain - keep up to date on events will you , commanders on the ground have allready reported a noticeable decrease in efficiency of the EFP`s being used as if they are more `home made`.

sourse for the above are on this forum allready.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join