It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the deal on Barack Hussein Obama?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Can we discuss this canidate a little bit here...

Answer me this at least, why is this guy a better canidate for America then sHilliary is?

Obama says he has been against the war from the start. The war started in Afganistan, so was Obama opposed to hunting down Osama Bin Ladin?

Obama, by his own admission, has used Cocaine, and other drugs... should we realy go from one president who had used concaine to another that used coc aine...?

I get the feeling that he is an alright guy, but i can't shake the feeling that he is nothing more then a manufactued caniidate, drawing on the 'compastionate' side of the democratic party. That if the dems would choose to have a black man or a woman run, that would just show how 'Compastionate' they are.

I read the Wiki. But now i want the dirt.

Thoughts???

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
No one seem to have a problem with Bush history with booze so why should Obama be any differnt just because he admitted to taking Cocaine ?

IMO all the candidates a manufactured to a degree although I would probably excluded Ron from this trend. Obama servers Hillary a useful purpose he takes the in experienced tag off her shoulders.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
On the topic of Bush, no one in thier right mind would argue that he is a mentily sound individual. Nor should they.

I would like to think that the American people have learned a lesson, or mabye learned a little history... but if I am relying on the general populace to heed the advice of history, well that is proably a unsound propisition...

Where are the Obama supporters on this site... i need some info...

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

well, he's admitted that he drank and did drugs in highschool... at least that makes him one of the few honest candidates on that issue.

however, screw the dirt. we don't want a president based on his personal life, we want a president based on policy.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

however, screw the dirt. we don't want a president based on his personal life, we want a president based on policy.

So give an outline on the policy.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
right now the media gives exposure to none other than Obama the most, which means rich people are supporting him, more than normal ppl.

During the CNN/Youtube democratic debate, Andy Cooper the moderator from CNN asked Obama twice as many questions than the non-front-runners, which again supports the fact that Obama is getting the most exposure from media conglomerates owned by rich white people. For years during every GOP Presidential debates, americans chose who to vote for by limiting their decision making process to which of the front runners to vote for, meaning which top 3 or 2 candidates the media supported the most.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

...i'd give it to you if i was one of his supporters. however, i am a kucinich supporter and would be far more qualified to outline his position...
sure, maybe i should look into obama's position as well... but i don't need to when kucinich and i match up almost exactly.

and why do people insist on the "Hussein"
he's the only candidate whose middle name is used and it's simply for the fact that it has a smear element by association to saddam.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

...never say those first 5 words to me again...

I like Kucinich more then the rest of the Dems... him and Gravel...

Well i like to use it, because some of the most rampent Obama supporters at my college don't belive that is his middle name, and get realy anger when i say it.

We could talk about sHilliary Rodham Clinton, but i know most of her polocies, and no thank you.

I know this site has to have some Obama supporters... and i realy want to here what they have to say.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

well, he's admitted that he drank and did drugs in highschool... at least that makes him one of the few honest candidates on that issue.

Bush is an admitted alcoholic, used to throw the "biggest" parties at Yale during his stay there, admitted to snorting Coccain, and I would bet a good deal that he smoked weed as well. Among other things. He is also a supposed Methodist Born Again Christian, and that after talking to a evangelical in a diner he stopped drinking, though several unverified reports say he is still a frequent drinker..

Which shouldn't surprise many.

Many American presidents have suffered mental disease, disorders and alcoholism.

By the way, Osama bin Obama will never be president, he is just the supposed opposition to Hillary, who will win the primaries, but at the same time make the minorities feel better about themselves that a black man (who renounces his half white ancestry) could get so far, and vote Democratic anyways.

Only in American politics.

[edit on 11/21/2007 by Rockpuck]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Maybe there just aren't any Obama supporters out there. I've given him a fair shake, i've watched every debate and i read the news religiously. I'm still not clear on his policies beyond that he wants to bring about change. I need more details, Barack.

I don't care that Obama did drugs. I don't care that Bush did drugs. You can be a good person whether you're drug free or not. The fact is that Barack is the only qualified candidate to talk about change because he is new to the system. Give him five more years, he'll be as corrupt as the rest of them.

My favorite Democrat is Joe Biden!

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

why do people like you have to resort to stupid word play name calling?

seriously, grow up. his name is mid-eastern sounding, big f'ing deal.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Panties in a bunch there madness?

Last I checked I was allowed to play what ever "word game" I choose. I just so happen to enjoy calling the Illinois newbie Osama Bin Obama.

Don't shed a tear now, its not the end of the world. You can still vote for him.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Bush is an admitted alcoholic, used to throw the "biggest" parties at Yale during his stay there, admitted to snorting Coccain, and I would bet a good deal that he smoked weed as well.
[edit on 11/21/2007 by Rockpuck]

Can you provide the link showing where Bush admitted to doing Cocaine? Probably not since that never happened.

The only thing I know about Barak Hussein Obama is that he pretty much has the same voting record as Mrs. Bill Clinton.

I'm still pulling for Mrs. Bill Clinton because she would be much easier to defeat than Obama.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I,too, would like to hear from Obama supporters. Everything I've seen and heard so far gives me the impression that he is a bright new star in the Democratic party. His honesty about his youth is refreshing. I don't think he has a drug problem now, if he ever did. He appears to have a talent for bringing people with divergent views together--something Bush has claimed he can do but hasn't done. I think he is committed to universal health care, and I hope he has a better plan than Clinton's. His views, as far as I have seen and heard them, seem compassionate and sensible. I would like to know more.

Most of what I have read about him on ATS has been negative. Some members have said disparaging things without any real explanation for their hostility. A number have pointed out the obvious: that he is African American; some have speculated that that is the only reason people have for supporting him.Other people, I think, are suspicious of any candidate who generates a positive response from the "main stream" media.

Maybe I should start a pro-Obama thread just to generate an in-depth discussion of the strengths, as well as the weaknesses, of this interesting candidate.

[edit on 22-11-2007 by Sestias]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

My favorite Democrat is Joe Biden!

Mine too. With Kucinich a close second. Ron Paul is my favorite out of the Reps

The problem with the debates is that the only candidates who actually answer the questions are given the least amount of time. The American political system is a joke. Obama is like all the other top-tier democrat and republican candidates... not qualified.

"Don't Vote 2008!"

new topics

top topics

join