It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I try to disprove God.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
its complicated....we are inside Fathers dream having our own dream....many EGO's (including mine once)...didn't like the idea of yet another BOSS figure...but then one day after taking a leap of 'faith' & asking that great one if i could please get to know Him...i was blessed with a wonderful loving relationship & insight into the best BOSS in the universe....(non-human)....this one's new deal is FAITH....TRUST in the unseen....because the 'proof' deal didn't work with our ancestors...too dumb....by giving us the free gift of FEEL WILL....we are free to walk our own path...lost or in Fathers light...i've chosen to love Him back...not for reward...but because real love is a wonderful thing...& if u ever experience His for u...u'll know what i'm talking about.......GB

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AncientVoid

Why do you choose to believe in one thing based on no proof and not another also based on no proof?

I'm god and i created the whole universe in my past life.

Do you agree or believe that the above statement is true?

No, I do not believe you are God, I believe there is a God, but I have no faith that it is you

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Why do you believe there is a god and that i'm not that god?

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
A lot of people in the world alleged that they were GOD in the long
history of human being.
they tried their best on propaganda to persuade people to worship
them, but the odds of success was teeny.
there were only two guys succeed, their name were Muhammad and Jesus

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AncientVoid

because you're clearly not god

...i am
and thor, he's my bud
we play racketball on thursdays, but he always cheats by using mjolnir instead of a normal racket.
woops me every week.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
reply to post by jedimiller

And yeah, religion is ignorant. Imagine if all the priests, clerics, nuns, monks, jihadists, and devoted worshipers spent the same time and energy solving problems like pestilence, world hunger, and the impending energy crisis? But no, they can't, because they all think they can just get on their knees and stick their hands together and their Gods will take care of it.

Imagine if all the time spent trying to spread religion in history had been spent trying to make new scientific discoveries... we'd probably have permanent colonies on other planets by now.

Sorry I havent been really able to post in awhile, been busy. It is intresting that you could come up with this kind of statement, yet fail to realize that instead of being on your knees asking God to take care of it you are on the Internet telling us to stop doing that and make the world you want to live in. All the while the time you spent doing that could have been better spent actually doing something to advance the cause, instead waste it trying to disprove the existence of GOD. A task which anyone with a reasonable amount of common sense is already aware that it cannot be done. It is also incorrect to assume that this is what they do, the fact remains that a true Christian knows that it is their responsibility to find solutions to these problems, we were given dominion of the earth after all.

The religious right hasn't tried to take a second, closer look at scientific advancement. They have tried to halt it in the name of God.

These are the actions of a select few trying to in fact controlling the masses and isn't really reflective of the main body of Christianity.

By all means, slow things down a bit and research them better before releasing new discoveries on the world. But do it for the sake of safety, not to make it easier to cling to your antiquated religious beliefs.

Science has already proven time and a again that this approach will not be followed, because science does not question the moral implications of the discovery just to do it so we can applaud ourselves.

As for stem cells, not that it's a huge part of this topic, but do you mean to tell me a naturally miscarried fetus doesn't have the same stem cells an intentionally aborted one does? Remove religious demands to respect corpses from the equation, and using stem cells acquired that way is no different than donating a body to science.

If it is actually donated it shouldn't be an issue at all, however it is very easy to see how this plan could and would be potentially corrupted and misused for profit. Not that I personally disagree with you I myself feel that there are in fact very feasible compromises that could be used in such situations, but until the people on both sides abandon an all or nothng approach it will not happen.

[edit on 12/8/2007 by Jovi1]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
And the epic battle between Atheist and Christian continues as 99% of the world doesn't give a #.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
If believing in GOD is stupid, then yes- I am found guilty of stupidity.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
the REAL battle is a 'Spiritual' one...humans have always been dumb
...& Loved.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Just read something on stem cells from above. Use umbilical chords. Problem solved.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join