It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I try to disprove God.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

that is why you fail.

your arrogance blinds you to reality.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant
Huh? Talk to me about logical fallacies and then spout THAT?
You equate the belief in a "higher power" with RAPE????????

They key word there is 'belief'. This 'belief' have resulted in the death of many. So it is safe to say it's worst than rape, a lot worst...

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

It can be a religion or an ethnicity. People who are one tend to be the other. I'm pretty sure Hitler didn't discriminate between the two.

Getting rid of religion is a major stepping stone to bringing peace. I can see, from my wording, how you would think I was saying it's the only problem, but that's neither what I believe nor what I meant. Oh well, can't re-word it now. For the record, the other two big ones are elimination of nationalism and the discovery of renewable resources.

You are arguing that religion isn't bad because it's not the only thing that's bad. There is clearly no logic at all there. Getting all upset because I equate religion with rape just shows that you missed the point.

The bit about people talking about what God is was a quick side comment to the people who were doing so, not to you. "Anything that lies to people to gain control over them is bad and can be done without. Period." I said it once, and now I've said it again, and no, it's not way out of left field, because that's pretty much my point in a nutshell.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

Well - AMEN to that my friend
Common sense at last....

Jimbo

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

The 10 Commandements??? heheh...oh, puleeze!! Time to grow up my friend. Santa is a fantasy too, by the way. You cannot PROVE the existence of any 'God', simply because there IS no proof. Why is that? Because it is pure mythology....he doesn't exist. And you can't 'prove' a fiction...no matter how hard you may try.

Jmbo

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Correct. In fact the 'Genesis Fable' is so far removed from scientific reality, that it really belongs in Hans Christian Anderson's Grimms Fairy Tales - as that's exactly what it is - a fairy tale.

Jimbo

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by Gorman91

that is why you fail.

Interesting why I'm rich and helpful to society and spend my time bettering the lives of others.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
that is why you fail.

Interesting why I'm rich and helpful to society and spend my time bettering the lives of others.

has nothing to do with how you're blinded by your arrogant assumptions.

you're propagating the very thing that restrains humanity, i'm quite sure you're not bettering the lives of others by doing that.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
You try to disprove god because you fear his power over you.

Yet, you fail to realize that he created you.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
You try to disprove god..as you put it, Because you fear someone might be more powerful and smarter than you. it's an ego trip that wont let you move on. there is a god, he's all over the place and he's powerful. accept it son.

another myth about atheists...
dammit, do i need to bump my old thread on the myths about atheists again?

grumble...

Hmmm...'You can lead a horse to water....'
It's a never-ending battle against ignorance I'm afraid....

Jimbo

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Your logic has a massive hole in it - how can you fear something you know doesn't exist??

Unfortunately - as you've just amply illustrated - christianity, islam, and to a lesser degree, the jewish faith too, all depend on fear as the overriding factor in controlling their followers. Thanks to the victory of rational thought over the last few centuries, intelligent, educated people no longer fear the unknown...

Jimbo

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

So helping buy schools for the poor in India and Africa is restraining humanity? I'm glad there's people like you in the world madness. you're REALLY sensible.

And before it enters your head, yes, the schools teach evolution.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by Gorman91]

Hey madness, you never answered me on the fact that there are Indian and Syrian churches. According to you Jesus never existed and all his pals were just fantasies of Western Society. Then what were those original leaders doing in India and Syra?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
reply to post by blueorder

The 10 Commandements??? heheh...oh, puleeze!! Time to grow up my friend. Santa is a fantasy too, by the way. You cannot PROVE the existence of any 'God', simply because there IS no proof. Why is that? Because it is pure mythology....he doesn't exist. And you can't 'prove' a fiction...no matter how hard you may try.

Jmbo

Ive never head of people believing in Santa well into adulthood, nor have I heard of miraculous conversions to "SANTA" by people in adulthood- lazy point I fear sir.

You are too closed minded, there is no proof that God does not exist, the more I learn about the world, the more I can see divinity- you can seek for truth in a petri dish, I think you need to broaden your horizons.

Believe it or dont believe it, Im not overly bothered, we all check out one day

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

Your logic has a massive hole in it - how can you fear something you know doesn't exist??

Unfortunately - as you've just amply illustrated - christianity, islam, and to a lesser degree, the jewish faith too, all depend on fear as the overriding factor in controlling their followers. Thanks to the victory of rational thought over the last few centuries, intelligent, educated people no longer fear the unknown...

Jimbo

Think you need to grow up, you cannot "know" God does not exist, you can only think or believe it, wait til that long black limousine comes and then you will know, only, if you are right, you will never "know", which I find a rather tasty piece of irony

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
So helping buy schools for the poor in India and Africa is restraining humanity? I'm glad there's people like you in the world madness. you're REALLY sensible.

And before it enters your head, yes, the schools teach evolution.

not a product of religion. i'm saying that with one hand you help and with the other you harm. never said that you're only doing harm and i never denied that you helped in some way or another
i clearly said "and yet"

Hey madness, you never answered me on the fact that there are Indian and Syrian churches. According to you Jesus never existed and all his pals were just fantasies of Western Society. Then what were those original leaders doing in India and Syra?

..i said that jesus had remarkable similarities to mithras... a persian religion...where the hell is the "western" there?

and do you mean the indian churches that are currently causing mayhem in a "convert or die" fashion across india as they demand a separate christian state?

religion will spread, no matter where the origins of the myth, especially if it has an easy east-west trade route to follow...
the original leaders started in palestine, as i've stated that they probably did.
...but where's your evidence that the churches in india and syria were founded by christianity's founders?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   

we try to disprove a being that we don't believe in because we're somehow afraid of this thing that we're almost certain doesn't exist?

excuse moi, but i'm quite sure i pointed out that you've already repeated this MYTH

stop spreading ignorance.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   

stop spreading ignorance.

So it's considered ignorant to believe in God? You are upset because I proved the existence of god on my other thread and that's why you relate to this as ignorant. The bottom line. No one should be here trying to disprove of god and if they are I will come and support God. Ignorance of not.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Hey, sorry to say it pal, but if you think you can go about proving the existence of God (Which was about as much of a success on your part as your trans-dimensional hot dog), then anyone else can and should feel free to try and disprove it.

And yeah, religion is ignorant. Imagine if all the priests, clerics, nuns, monks, jihadists, and devoted worshipers spent the same time and energy solving problems like pestilence, world hunger, and the impending energy crisis? But no, they can't, because they all think they can just get on their knees and stick their hands together and their Gods will take care of it.

Imagine if all the time spent trying to spread religion in history had been spent trying to make new scientific discoveries... we'd probably have permanent colonies on other planets by now.

Religion is ignorant because it tells us that when we DO make discoveries like that, it's not OUR accomplishment. It tells us its God's doing, and in many religions it even tells us its a sin to be proud of our achievements.

At any rate, I'm sorry to say it but your OOBE delusion has no bearing on reality. If God existed as you perceive him, why are you the only one after thousands of years of mankind's existence who has seen the "real" God?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

So it's considered ignorant to believe in God?

...well, to a degree it is
however, the ignorance i'm talking about is the myth you've spewed about atheists twice now..

You are upset because I proved the existence of god on my other thread and that's why you relate to this as ignorant.

you DIDN'T prove the existence of god.

The bottom line. No one should be here trying to disprove of god and if they are I will come and support God. Ignorance of not.

you're just being very ignorant. you're claiming you've done that which you have not done...
we should be trying to disprove god, the sooner we confirm the reality that a deity doesn't exist, the sooner we get a further degree of peace in this world

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

not a product of religion. i'm saying that with one hand you help and with the other you harm. never said that you're only doing harm and i never denied that you helped in some way or another
i clearly said "and yet"

How do I harm?

..i said that jesus had remarkable similarities to mithras... a persian religion...where the hell is the "western" there?

Religion is a business. If you can assimilate to another's faith and make it look batter, then you win. What else were they thinking back then? They had love and all the stuff Jesus taught, but they had sense. And adapting Christianity to a depressed person's previous faith will always succeed

and do you mean the Indian churches that are currently causing mayhem in a "convert or die" fashion across India as they demand a separate Christian state?

Kind of why their considered heretics and/or a separate sect:
en.wikipedia.org...

religion will spread, no matter where the origins of the myth, especially if it has an easy east-west trade route to follow...
the original leaders started in palestine, as i've stated that they probably did.
...but where's your evidence that the churches in india and syria were founded by christianity's founders?

They were founded by the original founders. I highly doubt that all these different sects, separated by over 1000 years, would still follow the same thing if they didn't believe it.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same church here. The Indian Church that I'm talking about is a separate sect founded in pre-Western Church days in India by Christ's 1st generation followers. I haven't seen any of this forced conversions you speak of.

It seems like your trying to group the hundreds of different sects of Christianity into one group. Simply can't be done. So many believe in Jesus in so many different ways. Simply put, all these sects broke off at different times, taking with them their piece of history that can be traced back to the original missionaries from 30-50 AD. If you refuse to account for each one's preaching, be my guest. Each were smart though. One of the reasons Christianity has been so successful is that it adapted to every culture's already established beliefs. Whatever original Christianity was has LONG been lost. What is known is that Jesus was a peaceful preacher. That's it. That's the only original message that most sects have kept to, despite all the other little differences.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join