It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I try to disprove God.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
You are upset because I proved the existence of god

How do you get by everyday without getting killed by your stupidity? And please don't say 'god'!

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
God can easily be proven, and easily disproven. I, and most believers would point to the millions of after-death things. all those, and the surgery on the table phenomenon (if you think that it's near death lack of O2 that does it, then how about those surgery table stories? No lack of O2). Then there's the fact that time is really just a limitation of us larger things. that underneath it all, the micro elements of protons, photons, electrons, etc, never follow the rules. They make their own rules. Then there's the multiverse theory-becoming-fact. How exactly one can think there are so many systems within systems within systems without thinking someone or something made them is beyond me. Because now not only must atheist get a feasibly argument for godless creation of this universe, but the root of all others. How exactly can a universe split when it is altered and people not call that a universal decision making consciousness.

But of course, they can just call it all speculation. speculations with 90%+ proof, but alas, speculation all the same. Meanwhile, you challenge just one of their thinking, nad they call you ignorant. Whatever, it's all part of life I suppose.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

How in the world is near-death experiences any proof of god? Seriously some people don't use their brain.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AncientVoid
reply to post by Gorman91

How in the world is near-death experiences any proof of god? Seriously some people don't use their brain.

And what about everything else? Or are you an objective person who considers it a victory if one thing is disproven? not to mention, as I stated, it's all according to Point Of View, which can be different for those who simply say it's not real and expect to be automatically right.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
And what about everything else?

What is 'everything else'????
There is nothing else!
There is NO proof of god.
Go ahead and name me one proof, any at all. I mean ANY...

[edit on 5-12-2007 by AncientVoid]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
And what about everything else?

What is 'everything else'????
There is nothing else!
There is NO proof of god.
Go ahead and name me one proof, any at all. I mean ANY...

Proof is in the eye of the beholder.

My eye tell me that everything around me, every detail of intelligent design, the universe, the billions of galaxies, stars, planets right down to my blood cells, molocules, dna, genetics, my pet cat, the design of the way rain works etc I could go on FOREVER, all this is my proof, this cannot appear without something intelligent creating it.

For a moment while you read this just think how complicated everything is right now! your very existence relies on it, the oxygen, the sun, the distance of earth from the sun, the internet created by our minds, your keyboard, your monitor, all the calculations your brain takes to take all this in, to see, acknowledge, understand, the emotion you feel now, the heart that keeps you alive, every little perfect intelligent thing in your body that keeps you alive to read this, the many calculations your brain takes for you to even move your finger.

This is why I believe in god, because it would be illogical to not believe in god.

Do you really think all this and much more that you dont even know about comes out of NOTHING? it just appears there?

What is god?

I think God is so amazing, so complex that it is probably impossible for us to even imagine what god is, if we were to imagine what god REALLY is, we would still only know something like 0.1% of what god is, because it would be illogical to truly know everything about god.

For example do you know the answers to the most complex mathematics out there? no? Then imagine what the answers to God is!

At the moment we can only imagine an idea of what God is.

Of course only knowing 0.1% of god would still be the most amazing blessing, and who knows maybe one day we truly will know more.

Heres a good thread to start to see why its logical for a creator to exist.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
heritage.stsci.edu...

[edit on 5-12-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I actually believe the more we learn about the world and the cosmos, the more we can see a divine hand in it all- sometimes you have to trust

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Proof is in the eye of the beholder.

My eye tell me that everything around me, every detail of intelligent design, the universe, the billions of galaxies, stars, planets right down to my blood cells, molocules, dna, genetics, my pet cat, the design of the way rain works etc I could go on FOREVER, all this is my proof, this cannot appear without something intelligent creating it.

No that's just ignorance telling you that. Why not an ancient wizard or a fairy creating it all? It has to be god right? Because it's so much more logical...

For a moment while you read this just think how complicated everything is right now! your very existence relies on it, the oxygen, the sun, the distance of earth from the sun, the internet created by our minds, your keyboard, your monitor, all the calculations your brain takes to take all this in, to see, acknowledge, understand, the emotion you feel now, the heart that keeps you alive, every little perfect intelligent thing in your body that keeps you alive to read this, the many calculations your brain takes for you to even move your finger.

This is why I believe in god, because it would be illogical to not believe in god.

Ha your so funny...
According to your logic Zeus is up in the sky throwing lightning bolts because it's too complex to understand so it must be god and we should just not even try and find the real reason behind it. If everyone thought like you we're still in be the stone ages. Just because we don't an answer to something doesn't automatically mean it's god's doing.

Do you really think all this and much more that you dont even know about comes out of NOTHING? it just appears there?

No one said it comes out from nothing, but this same statement also applies to god. Where did god come from? Like i said before, unknown answer doesn't equal god.

What is god?

I think God is so amazing, so complex that it is probably impossible for us to even imagine what god is, if we were to imagine what god REALLY is, we would still only know something like 0.1% of what god is, because it would be illogical to truly know everything about god.

For example do you know the answers to the most complex mathematics out there? no? Then imagine what the answers to God is!

At the moment we can only imagine an idea of what God is.

Of course only knowing 0.1% of god would still be the most amazing blessing, and who knows maybe one day we truly will know more.

All wishful thinking...
This is nothing more than you stating something which you based on nothing.

Heres a good thread to start to see why its logical for a creator to exist.

I can already see the lack of logic in your post...
The logic behind a powerful god which knows every and then creating life is stupid.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   

I can already see the lack of logic in your post...
The logic behind a powerful god which knows every and then creating life is stupid.

trying to understand the meanin, motives of a divine God, as a human being, is illogical

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Yeh if that god existed in the first place...

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   

No that's just ignorance telling you that. Why not an ancient wizard or a fairy creating it all? It has to be god right? Because it's so much more logical...

Well yeah........anyway wouldnt that mean the wizard or the fairy would be god? the creator?
Like I said we cannot even begin to understand god.

I also said proof is in the eye of the beholder, each to his own.

Do I sense a bit of anger and rudeness?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

proof is not in the eye of the beholder, proof is something that stands to logic and objective reality

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

proof is not in the eye of the beholder, proof is something that stands to logic and objective reality

I see proof in my logic and objective reality, that other guy doesnt, so it really is in the eye of the beholder. To me God exists, its logical, I knew this before I even knew what religion was, we are born with it, its common sense.

An intelligent design with logical rules, that you obviously cannot deny is intelligent, cant come from nothing, it had to have been created, thus the creator(god=whatever god is), it has rules, a design, that tells it how to work, from the biggest galaxies right down to the smallest thing you can think of, it is so complex its beyond imagination, how can you tell me this didnt come from something intelligent,and that it actually appears from something random that you cant even explain, thats illogical.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

you've crafted a circular argument

[edit on 12/5/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

you've crafted a circular argument

[edit on 12/5/07 by madnessinmysoul]

By the way Id like to add Ive got nothing against you or any other athiest, I have my belief and you have yours, we discuss it, the end. I like you, why shouldnt I like you.
Ive seen some people take these subjects TOO seriously and seem to hate the people who disagree with them, all I can say to them is chill, its just a discussion.

Ive seen many threads that turn into insults, and hatred just because of a belief they have.

Some advice I would like to give to some people, a good hard discussion can be very good, without that it would be very boring here, we can learn from each other, and see how other people think, its great, we can do this without having a feeling of anger coming towards us.

But when these start to turn into insults and personal hatred, such petty things like this, makes us slowly start to become like those petty people called terrorists etc.

I dont think Ive seen that in this thread yet, I havent read it all, but I do see a pattern in other threads, its quite sad.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Proof of God? Well it's a long list that can be debated from bias. Proof of something above us all? How does a universe know to become two for every possibility. How does it know not to copy for the same, only the different? Yea, it's speculation on the multiverse, but the same is with the big bang.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Hence when assessing the divine and God, you have to transcend and move to trust and rid yourself of our limited vocabulary and understanding, as the "proof" you demand in science terms is not an option for the "afterlife"

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Well yeah........anyway wouldnt that mean the wizard or the fairy would be god? the creator?
Like I said we cannot even begin to understand god.

I also said proof is in the eye of the beholder, each to his own.

Do I sense a bit of anger and rudeness?

You seriously can't think of other possibilities? I only gave those two examples out of the infinite possibilities. Fine I’ll mention some more...
1. Universe is an illusion created by your mind
2. This is all a dream
3. The universe created it self
4. I created the universe in my past life by destroying others...
5. You might find some answer in science and not just make false statements
Etc...

The universe isn't complex and intelligent at all, compared to 'god'. So who/what created it?

If you think that's proof for god, then i'm god of god...

[edit on 6-12-2007 by AncientVoid]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   

The universe isn't complex and intelligent at all, compared to 'god'. So who/what created it?

If you think that's proof for god, then i'm god of god...

[edit on 6-12-2007 by AncientVoid]

The proof you seek (in the context your scenario where there is a God and hence the universe is not complex to such a God) is not within our gift, in terms of our limited understanding, vocabulary and "science".

The evidence of the divine involves a transcendence, you can choose not to believe, and demand limited proof, that is your prerogative, I see the divine where you do not

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Why do you choose to believe in one thing based on no proof and not another also based on no proof?

I'm god and i created the whole universe in my past life.

Do you agree or believe that the above statement is true?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join