It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mournful Dinner

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
Colonel, keep it civil. I have never told you to shut up.

I've always been told that hate was a mechanism of evil, eventhough I don't believe in evil. I think everything goes by your moral code.

Well, I don't believe blindly in heaven or hell. I don't think of things in terms of black and white, or good and evil. There is plenty of color out there. I think that those who limit their vision down to just black and white will miss a lot of the color in this world. I'm not going to miss any of it. This will be your hell.

A quote-
Leviticus 19:17 - Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.

I read some other verses, and there is much more hate than I thought in the bible. It makes me like it even less. I used to think it was a good guide for a moral code, but I think the whole thing is skrewy.

First of all, don't tell me what to do. Secondly, the world is not morall relative as you said "everything goes by your moral code." There ARE absolutes. So, it isn't what may be good for me is evil for you and visa/versa. But, you adopt that philosophy so you can conduct your evil in any fashion you want without fear of Hell in your afterlife. So be it. Don't say I didn't warn you.

And about "being told" about the Bible, its best that you READ the Bible than listen to what others say who do so for their own purposes.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

First of all, don't tell me what to do. Secondly, the world is not morall relative as you said "everything goes by your moral code." There ARE absolutes. So, it isn't what may be good for me is evil for you and visa/versa. But, you adopt that philosophy so you can conduct your evil in any fashion you want without fear of Hell in your afterlife. So be it. Don't say I didn't warn you.

And about "being told" about the Bible, its best that you READ the Bible than listen to what others say who do so for their own purposes.

My question to you, how do you know? How do you know for sure? You have been raised to believe that there is something absolute, but that doesn't make you right. I know it's impossible to get through to you, because you just dismiss everything I say as evil.

I don't use my moral code to justify things that you would consider evil. In fact, I'd bet that our moral values are pretty close to the same. All except the part where you worship and I do not. I never said there was no god, I just haven't found proof of existence. Plus I think that most organized religion is a joke. They're so corrupt it's not even funny.

I'd be perfectly content with any afterlife. I really can't say if there will be one for me, or if I will just cease to exist, but either way I have no choice in the matter. Like I said, I refuse to make such a large conclusion about how our world works with only a few books as proof. Don't say I didn't warn you.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I actually thought that this thread was about CF's friends becoming republicans not about religion!

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
No kidding man!

Everytime I get into a debate with Corporal here, he brings up the religion factor. He knows for a fact that it's impossible to argue agains faith, but I try anyway.

He says things like...

...demon-possessed
...hellspawn
...you're going to burn in hell
...look at the way he justifies his evil

Stuff like that could keep me typing for hours.

You're not supposed to mix religion and politics.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

My question to you, how do you know? How do you know for sure? You have been raised to believe that there is something absolute, but that doesn't make you right. I know it's impossible to get through to you, because you just dismiss everything I say as evil.

I don't use my moral code to justify things that you would consider evil. In fact, I'd bet that our moral values are pretty close to the same. All except the part where you worship and I do not. I never said there was no god, I just haven't found proof of existence. Plus I think that most organized religion is a joke. They're so corrupt it's not even funny.

I'd be perfectly content with any afterlife. I really can't say if there will be one for me, or if I will just cease to exist, but either way I have no choice in the matter. Like I said, I refuse to make such a large conclusion about how our world works with only a few books as proof. Don't say I didn't warn you.

I know based upon faith and logic. Let's look at physics. In an atom, there is an electron (which is completely negative), a nuetron (which we'll call a nuetral charge), and a positron (which has a positive charge.) If that be the case in nature, why can't it be so with God and the universe? There is good (the psoitron), evil (the electron), and those who are lukewarm (the nuetron). Kind of a funny analogy but, I can see it. I believe that this is the basis for bigger things in the spiritual universe.

Furthermore, there is an afterlife. With physics again, we all know that energy cannot be destroyed. It just changes shape. So in your afterlife, your energy will just change shape---in the form of a demon...but you knew trhat already, right?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I know based upon faith and logic. Let's look at physics. In an atom, there is an electron (which is completely negative), a nuetron (which we'll call a nuetral charge), and a positron (which has a positive charge.) If that be the case in nature, why can't it be so with God and the universe? There is good (the psoitron), evil (the electron), and those who are lukewarm (the nuetron). Kind of a funny analogy but, I can see it. I believe that this is the basis for bigger things in the spiritual universe.

Furthermore, there is an afterlife. With physics again, we all know that energy cannot be destroyed. It just changes shape. So in your afterlife, your energy will just change shape---in the form of a demon...but you knew trhat already, right?

Oddly enough, that almost made sense to me. That is the one of the better justifications I have heard. At least you base your beliefs off a theory and not just a book.(those people really bother me)

But, you also must think about it. Negative and Positive are being dissociated(sp?) from charges to vocabulary definitions. Who says that positive is good and negative is evil. And even if there is good and evil, who says you are right to try to destroy evil, there must be balance, like in an atom. If the electron(s) suddenly disappeared, the atom would be pointless and useless.

I do believe that energy cannot be created or destroyed, that it can only be changed. I have no clue what happens to our energy, but I doubt it turns into either a demon or an angel. More later...

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Errr CF now your talking about atoms this ridiculous man.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
First of all I think you mean Proton.

A positron is the antimatter equivolent of the electron.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

Sorry my mistake i #ed up my science grades.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Hey, I'm not a physicist and I forgot much science...but thanks

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
lol this post is funny, don't get me started in all this mess!

This is the first time I have advertised this, but nobody knows me personally here. I am a republican and I do prefer to teach a man to fish and feed him for life. This doesn't mean that I don't give my time and money to charitable causes. I hate the charity telemarketer calls that i turn down where i sound like such a tight wad, and I never give a handout to a guy on the street, but I already give plenty.

Every year since I was 17 (so you can understand my level of income) I give over $1500 to my church. That doesn't count the paint or cement or gravel or time I contribute to keep a 200 year old building together. I do it because, now if I didn't, nobody else will, and the community would loose A LOT.

My church operates a food shelf and doesn't ask of all the legal forms and such that government organizations do. It also donates money to missionaries in many third world countries where they teach them the Bible, but also how to read and write.

This church also takes in the truly needy and truly helps them. This church mends many relationships and marriages, protecting families. For the people who attend, if any of them have a problem, we help them fix it whether it's building a new house or loaning a car for a week. It operates a very small school because the local school system is beyond horrendous from the run down buildings to the teachers smoking joints infront of children in the classroom (even though our property taxes are the highest in the nation, thanks vermont!).

So when I get asked for a buck from the lady on the phone or the guy on the street, I don't give it, because I know it would be better to give it elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Sorry but why the hell is every1 a Republican here? No offence but arent there any democrats around anymore?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Sure, I am a math and science guy, although not careerwise.

Anyway, there are plenty of dems here. But Colonel lumps together all us conservatives or people with slightly conservative views into that catagory.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Sure, I am a math and science guy, although not careerwise.

Anyway, there are plenty of dems here. But Colonel lumps together all us conservatives or people with slightly conservative views into that catagory.

I will have a private word with the good Colonel then.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
No, he lumps everyone who disagrees with him together and calls them evil. That is where the theology part comes in.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
He will lump everyone except me.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
And why is that? Too intoxicated?(j/k):w:

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The Spirit of Cain was deep in them and I hurt over it. They were never like that before.
[Edited on 1-2-2004 by Colonel]

I never used to be a cynic, I always believed in the good in a person's soul, but since the 80's I have watched this 'Spirit of Cain' getting a greater and greater grip on the people. The spirit of Cain is the spirit of Reagonomics, when the people started selling out en-masse to the almighty dollar. It was just as bad in the UK, for when Reagan/Bush were in the White House, Thatcher was the British Prime Minister.

I watched these degenerate so-called leaders coining it in on the backs of those less fortunate, and it chilled me to the bone when I saw former friends of mine also selling out (Yes, some even became 'Yuppies')

Over the years I became cynical. No longer was I shocked at the actions of once kind people. Nothing about people shocks me anymore. It was a hard lesson, but one I needed to learn in order to keep my own soul.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

And why is that? Too intoxicated?(j/k):w:

Nah cos i ahve known him for quite a while.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

The Spirit of Cain was deep in them and I hurt over it. They were never like that before.
[Edited on 1-2-2004 by Colonel]

I never used to be a cynic, I always believed in the good in a person's soul, but since the 80's I have watched this 'Spirit of Cain' getting a greater and greater grip on the people. The spirit of Cain is the spirit of Reagonomics, when the people started selling out en-masse to the almighty dollar. It was just as bad in the UK, for when Reagan/Bush were in the White House, Thatcher was the British Prime Minister.

I watched these degenerate so-called leaders coining it in on the backs of those less fortunate, and it chilled me to the bone when I saw former friends of mine also selling out (Yes, some even became 'Yuppies')

Over the years I became cynical. No longer was I shocked at the actions of once kind people. Nothing about people shocks me anymore. It was a hard lesson, but one I needed to learn in order to keep my own soul.

I'm glad you were touched with the gift of wisdom like I have been to see the demons in our midst.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join