It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mournful Dinner

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Ok, its 6 am and I can't sleep and I seriously doubt if anyone is up on ATS. I'm a little more pissed off than usual but also hurt.

See, this past Friday, I was hanging out with my old Asian crew from law school. I hadn't seen them in years and we had dinner at a Korean resturant. Things were going ok til I asked Siu (named changed) how she liked things on Capitol Hill now that the republicans took over.

She said things were great because she was a republican and member of the racist NRA.

SHOCKER!

I asked Chuck (named changed) if he was as shocked as I was. HE TOLD ME THAT HE WAS A REPUBLICAN TOO AND HE WAS VOTING FOR BUSH IN THE NEXT ELECTION! To make a long story short, I was sitting at the table with six old formerly community-oriented law school friends who changed their affiliation to REPUGNANT!

I swear I heard Michael Jackson's THRILLER all of a sudden!

It was such a horror show! It hurt my heart. But, I should have known. I had clues. I saw the Spirit of Cain. On the way to the resturant, a homeless guy came up to us and was panhandling for 50 cents. 50 cents never broke anybody. So, I, the least of us, fished out for it. General Counsel Chuck (higher position than me) gave the guy a dime. Joe, lead litigating attorney for a gov agency, (name changed) ignored the guy.

Then, Joe said, I was soft for giving him 50 cents. He was only going to get a Forty anyway. I told him that "But for the grace of God go I" and Jesus said
to give to all that ask of you (because you REALLY don't know if that guy is homeless or one sent from Him.) They really couldn't relate to that.

The Spirit of Cain was deep in them and I hurt over it. They were never like that before.

Anyway, back to the dinner. After Siu discovered that I was a hardcore dem, she started acting belligerent as all repugnants do and dropped code. "AA sucks" and things like that (being that I was the only black guy there). To avoid a fight, I didn't mention anything about Colin Powell and his AA experience or "Uncle" Clarence Thomas and his. I just said that most repugnants were evil and tend to be criminals like former Congressman Janklow and his murder and rape---which shocked Chuck---or Arnie and his groping or his support of the Nazi Kurt Valdheim.

It was like sitting with elitist Nazis.

And it hurt because these guys were never like that and I would never imagine them to sell out.

As an addendum, I called up my buddy tonight, also from law school, and told them I had dinner with my old crew. then, I told them the shocker that they were repugnants.

THEN HE SAID HE WAS A REPUBLICAN TOO BUT HATED BUSH!

'Cause This Is Thriller, Thriller Night
And No One's Gonna Save You From The Beast About
Strike
You Know It's Thriller, Thriller Night
You're Fighting For Your Life Inside A Killer, Thriller
Tonight!

[Edited on 1-2-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Colonel, you might want to start checking into HAARP and the whole mind control thing. Maybe thats your answer to your friend's betrayal? Nice of you to give the old guy the money. At least he ask you for instead of downing you and confiscating what he wanted. I think your friends should have ponied up too. Being lawyers and all, I'm sure they could have afforded it.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
Colonel, you might want to start checking into HAARP and the whole mind control thing. Maybe thats your answer to your friend's betrayal? Nice of you to give the old guy the money. At least he ask you for instead of downing you and confiscating what he wanted. I think your friends should have ponied up too. Being lawyers and all, I'm sure they could have afforded it.

Easily but they didn't. They just chose to step over the guy thinking, 'Get it together, man." But this is repugnant mindthink so, I wasn't surprised. Just disappointed.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Well I'll not argue any of your distaste for Republicans and whatnot but I DO have to call you out on one thing.

The racist NRA.

You are WRONG. Please show me any bit of proof that one of the largest lobby groups in the US that fights to protect your rights as well as mine is racist. You can't. Who is the liar now Colonel?

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Just watch Bowling for Columbine and see the interview wqith Michael Moore and Charlton Heston. And wasn\';t the NRA founded inthe same year as the KKK? Hmmm. Coincidence?

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Michael Moore? You expect me to watch that crap? No.
If he were to actually use facts besides guesses for his work I may consider looking at it.

As far as your KKK connection you are WRONG AGAIN.
The NRA was founded in 1871 in New York. Not exactly the hotbed of confederate activity at the time...
www.nrahq.org...
As far as I could tell from a quick google search the KKK was founded around 1865 in TN.
www.google.com...

Where you came up with the connection is almost beyond me besides the Michael Moore reference.

Where is that "proof" you always brag about providing? Or are you a Liar?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Ugh i saw that bowling for columbine, it pissed me off how that fatass moore was picking on Heston. Heston is freaking 90 years old and has Alzheimer�s and when he started getting a little confused and befuttled, somehow that meant that moore was winning the arguement!? Though Heston said a stupid thing, it doesn't mean that he's the alpha and omega of the NRA anymore.
I couldn't beleive how people were sucking up the totally one sided arguements coming from moore. And it was pretty lame to have an intellectual arguement when you parade a bunch of teenagers who got shot into a Kmart. People around the world have had something bad happen to them, for the people who got shot, i am sorry about he tards who shot them, but it's not like the guns magically did it themselves.
That movie overall was such a pile of hogwash.

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by ANMAN]

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANMAN
Though Heston said a stupid thing, it doesn't mean that he's the alpha and omega of the NRA anymore.
[Edited on 4-2-2004 by ANMAN]

Even if he was a decrepid old man, he didn't have to say what he did but...he did as representative of the NRA. SO, if this is how he feels then I guess that is how the NRA is.

The movie was good and you need to get out of denial.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
So don't fault your old friends too much for selling out. It is a very deeply rooted belief, although false, that to climb the coporate ladder you must be of the GOP. I bought into that hardcore at one point and was blindly Republican as any of the majority of our Mods here.
If there is any fault Colonel, it's on you for talking politics with friends....did you talk religion that night too?
Once people get the camp, the battle lines are drawn.
The best bet is to debate issues....one at a time. Calling Bush a flaming A-hole over the tax policy based on A,B& C is perfect....keep it on topic issues & they have no legs to stand on.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I wanted to get at 'em with the issues but, I didn't want to lose friends that I haven't seen in like 5 years or so. (You know how "thsenthsitive" repugnants are.)
I spoke with Joe on repugnats over the phone months beforehand over the issues. He had no leg to stand on as you said and all he did was end up getting angry and saying that he would talk to me later.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
They have pangs of remorse and agitation that they only have 'one way' to go.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I feel you're right on that score. One is on the Armed Serivces Committee and you know that's ALL repugnant. I think the reasons why they went to the dark side are the same as what you said earlier:"It is a very deeply rooted belief, although false, that to climb the coporate ladder you must be of the GOP"---which to me is a shallow reason.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Who cares! They can believe whatever they want. I'm not pissed because you're a dem, I could care less. It's just the way you represent yourself. If they are republicans the same way you are a democrat, then we might have a problem. I have no problem with the democratic party, its just the people on the edge. (same goes for republicans, I don't like Rush)

I would have given the guy 50 cents if I had it on me, but that's just me.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
Who cares! They can believe whatever they want. I'm not pissed because you're a dem, I could care less. It's just the way you represent yourself. If they are republicans the same way you are a democrat, then we might have a problem. I have no problem with the democratic party, its just the people on the edge. (same goes for republicans, I don't like Rush)

I would have given the guy 50 cents if I had it on me, but that's just me.

WELL, I'M PISSED! THEY JOINED EVIL! IF YOU SAW YOUR FRIEDN DROWNING, WOULDN'T YOU TRY TO SAVE HIM? SAME HERE!

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I've known people to join for something like Abortion, or social programs, etc.

It may have been for something small. But aren't they evil now? Or do they just support evil.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
I've known people to join for something like Abortion, or social programs, etc.

It may have been for something small. But aren't they evil now? Or do they just support evil.

If you support evil then you are evil.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
What does NRA stand for?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
What does NRA stand for?

National Rifle Association

(Be nice you guys....:stfu

[Edited on 2/5/2004 by Venus]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
since they were asian and said AA sucked, maybe you felt as if they were speaking in code, but they probably meant the site that every asian is familiar with..

AsianAvenue.com, which is like blackplanet.com, migente.com, and so on, actually it was the first of CommunityConnect sites...But yeah AA does suck, Xanga is better, and so is MySpace..friendster lags...Get it now??? its not that deep..

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
CF hate to say it but you shouldnt had asked abougt how they felt, O.K i know you thought they werent sell out but for the love of god people change dude.

CF you know i aint against you, but this 1 is your fault for wanting to discuss "things republican"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join