It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breakthrough in primate cloning

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
What I'm saying here is if it is ok to use a clone for body parts, does that not also mean you are using some one else, another person, for nothing more then a spare parts factory?

what if everything was cloned but for a sentient brain? they're your body parts. its your body, we're all simply a glob of organized cells. from fetus to cadaver, thats what we are. now with interchangeable parts.

most likely individual organs can be produced, so it wont look like a person... i know people who can't eat food that still looks like the animal it came from. thats why god invented 'patties'.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by uneaq

well dude, i don't have all the angles worked out and i am just talking....i also said i think at least, 'if i had the money'

who knows, maybe in 10 years it will be so easy that insurance companies would encourage people to keep a clone as it would be cheaper to give them insurance...

WHO knows....this could go many, many ways and i think we should explore them all

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   

reply to post by uneaq

Uneq
it is going way beyond what you are saying. It is being said that it is ok to take some one else's arm because you lost yours and want theres. What would it say for society if that is decided to be ok?

it is not 'someone elses' arm though...it is an exact replica of your arm...

it's not like i am taking some arm from some random person...it would be a replica of MY arm from MY clone that came from MY dna...

hey, if it' an exact fit for my arm, then it's my arm you know

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by uneaq
people are supposed to die of organ failure... its called natural causes

people are also supposed to die from an infected cut, from the flu, from the plague, from any other ailment that until the advancement of medical science helped us to survive things that kill us

are you against cancer research? do you use band-aids?

fear... and ignornace.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
i get what you're saying...but still..think of the rest of the world.. for real with our current states of mind, current problems that have needed fixed for years and years...our already corrupt government.. do you really think we are ready for something so extreme to become daily life? really think about it.. is this world really ready for this to become a natural reality? once again...really think about it.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
But what if they could just grow arms. A big bank of arms and legs and other body parts with the right tissue matches for your family? Where's the moral problem in that?

i don't have a moral problem with any of it....i dig this idea too.

again, not knowing all the angles it seems like it would be just as easy to clone a person and keep them immobile but stimulated...

say you needed a liver....you got cirrosis cause of all the boozin.

your clones liver is clean...you get your clones liver and your clone gets a clone of the liver that went into you...now you are both complete again..

just do it like that...

hopefully it would get to the point where you could transfer the brain or the data from the brain....if not, it would be cool to clone yourself, then raise yourself how you want....feeding your clone the knowledge you want it to know...

the stuff you look back on and wish you knew when you were 14....your clone could know....then, when you kick off, your clone keeps going...

i like it muay much

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   

who said...

people were 'supposed' to die of all kinds of things that we can fix/cure/prolongue now...thats been happening for thousands of years....how is this any different?

this could[/] be the way to eternal life....the key would be getting ALL your data from YOUR brain into your clone....then you would truly still be alive.

man, i'd have to keep getting a lot of tats

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by planetfall

people are also supposed to die from an infected cut, from the flu, from the plague, from any other ailment that until the advancement of medical science helped us to survive things that kill us

are you against cancer research? do you use band-aids?

fear... and ignornace.

last time i checked people are still dying from infected cuts, the flu.. have you not forgot there is a "superbug" that has risen 2300% in 9 years as of late 2002..and theres still no cure for it.. and for the record, i dont use band-aids.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I thought about it, and yes I think we should do whatever we're capable of to help humanity. If we can grow body parts and transplant them on accident victims, or replace failing organs then yes we should do it.

Bring on the clones!

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by uneaq

who's ready for anything...?

people have the right to know....if they can do these things i think they should do these things...i think they should try to get to people as fast(and of course as safe) as possible.

sure, people are gonna have a hard time accepting it now but by the time your grandchild is on the way up, it will be no big thang.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   

this could be the way to eternal life....the key would be getting ALL your data from YOUR brain into your clone....then you would truly still be alive.

man, i'd have to keep getting a lot of tats

i can assure you that the key to eternal life is not being stuck in a shell on the planet earth for hundreds of years...seriously..come on

------------------------
fixed BB Code

[edit on 14/11/07 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   

last time i checked people are still dying from infected cuts, the flu.. have you not forgot there is a "superbug" that has risen 2300% in 9 years as of late 2002..and theres still no cure for it.. and for the record, i dont use band-aids.

last time i checked, people are saved every day from the flu and infected cuts...it's called modern medicine/science

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
....if not, it would be cool to clone yourself, then raise yourself how you want....feeding your clone the knowledge you want it to know...

the stuff you look back on and wish you knew when you were 14....your clone could know....then, when you kick off, your clone keeps going...

We've been doing that for a while.. they're called kids.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   

i can assure you that the key to eternal life is not being stuck in a shell on the planet earth for hundreds of years...seriously..come on

------------------------
fixed BB Code

[edit on 14/11/07 by masqua]

come on man...i don't mean ETERNAL(well maybe)..i am talking about living a LONG time...till the next supervolcano or asteroid or something..

what if in the nest 10 years we do colonize another planet...?

i wouldn't be stuck on earth would i?

i know that one is extreme but my point was not literaly living for eternity, just for a long time....few hundred years would work for me...

best thing is, when you're done living, just don't download the data into the next clone...

also, you could see your kids grow up, your grand kids, your great grandkids, etc etc.....

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by uneaq

so we should just throw up our arms and declare the superbug is a natural cause? why try to find a cure?

ridiculous

so we should wait until the rest of the world is civilised and all the hungry fed before we make more advancements? this mentality is what destroyed the space program in the states.... dont explore space, feed the people who wont get a job

thats de-evolution, and we're not all devo, thank you.

extreme... what you call extreme a hundred years from now will be as routine as an mri

feh.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   

reply to post by uneaq

so we should just throw up our arms and declare the superbug is a natural cause? why try to find a cure?

ridiculous

so we should wait until the rest of the world is civilised and all the hungry fed before we make more advancements? this mentality is what destroyed the space program in the states.... dont explore space, feed the people who wont get a job

thats de-evolution, and we're not all devo, thank you.

extreme... what you call extreme a hundred years from now will be as routine as an mri

feh.

im not thinking about people who are too lazy to get a job. but as a civilization i feel we all need to come closer together and have more respect and love for our fellow man and take care of the real problems before we take the step to cloning people and colonizing other planets.. i dont see cloning being a good idea in todays society.. maybe in 10 or 20 years when our governments have their heads out of their ass and i can put my trust in them on topics like these..but until then, i feel as if its a bad idea..thats all im tryin to say.

and for the other guy, people still die from the flu and infected cuts.. people still die from bee stings and spider bites.. i've heard of people dying from getting bit by a few ants..ANTS! if its your time to do, then its your time to die.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78

my clone would be made from a piece of MY dna...it would be exactly like me as far as physical features, height, etc etc...i would have to teach my clone things(or vegetative till ready to download)

Yes so your saying your clone, some one who is completely human, would be your property?
A war was fought over that issue in the U.S.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

im not thinking about people who are too lazy to get a job. but as a civilization i feel we all need to come closer together and have more respect and love for our fellow man and take care of the real problems before we take the step to cloning people and colonizing other planets...

yup, jus the sort of touchy-feely goop that has held back the progress of humans for the past 50 years....

now, what if people felt that way in the days of the great explorers?

the money columbus used for his explorations could have easily been diverted to some orphanage or soup kitchen, couldnt it?

like it or not, his discovery advanced humanity in a big, big way

and what about the manhattan project? forget the war, spend that money on the cheeldren....

your opinion has no bearing on the fact that those all progressed humanity

and your sort would hold us back, just as you would do now...

wait till all the babies in africa are fed and educated before we colonize mars? advance medicine with cloning? exploit the asteroid belt for its almost endless riches?

what a charade....

there will always be poverty, there will always be stupidity

lets focus on human achevement and accomplishement instead of human failure for a change...

industrial revolution? but.. but... there are people hurting... and hungry, all that investment capitol could be used for them instead, right?

stop making us devolve

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Yes so your saying your clone, some one who is completely human, would be your property?
A war was fought over that issue in the U.S.

my liver is my property, if i grow a new one, it is mine as well

this isnt about creating a human duplicate in total, not someone who runs around and plays with other kids, then is put down for organ harvesting

thats alarmist fear mongering, and its origin is fear and ignorance.

are your toenail clippings not yours to do with as you wish?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   

feh.

exactly....why try to block it?

btw, i am in lorain...what up yo?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join