It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breakthrough in primate cloning

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

yes, all clever things to say about death, but notice, all those people are dead, see where that got 'em?

except for woody (he's so next) he also said, i'm not afraid to die, i just dont want to be there when it happens

everytime we advance the medical arts we cheat death, and i dont feel guilty about it in the least, if anything deserves to be cheated, thats it

so, why not replace organs, possibly even bodies? think of all the things there are to do with an extended lifetime... with all your experience and wisdom intact, youth will no longer be wasted on the young

imagine how humans would have benefited if the great minds lived twice, or three times their life span? einstein, newton, mozart, dali, lennon... the list is quite large...

and yet people fear this? hmm!

is it really how you die thats important? i think rather its how you've lived

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
1. Im not holding anyone back. If you want to make the mistake, fine. Human beings will be responsible for their actions. One way or another.

mistake? was the polio vaccine a mistake? discovery of antibiotics a mistake? hygeine? mri? cpr? the heimlich manuever? we always are responsible for our actions, why would that stop anyone? is that the best argument you have against advancing knowledge further? fine, i say send in the clones.

2. even though the extention to 80 years of average life will have an effect on our planet, it will not be as severe as 300+ would be. When our bodies are starting to naturally wear out, thats when its time to go. The lifespan of 30 years was most likely a result of disease, war, etc. But when you die simply because your body can't last any longer, you have obviously hit the limit.

oh no, not the old 'but our poor poor planet' schtick... so, humans should die so our planet can be as pristine as it was in the days before the industrial revolution? feh. this planet has been around looooong before us and can cope with anything we can throw at it. where you're typing used to be under an ocean, before that under glaciers, and before that volcanoes and lava and before that lifeless rock. besides, there are plenty of places for us to tame, exploit and colonize off planet. and we will.

If some one lives naturally to be 100, hey kudos to them. If some one naturally dies at 38, well thats life. I had an great great aunt who made it to 101. It wasn't because of medicine or things like that. She just got lucky, made the best run she could, and her body eventually gave up. She didn't waste her time with what she could do, or what she would do if she had more time, she just went out and did it. How many of us can say the same? We all have dreams and things we like to do, but how many of us do it? Thats something she taught me recently from the grave (she passed this year).

good, you rely on luck... why see a doctor or eat healthy, or exercise at all?

why not leave it all to chance?

doing all that is unnatural and a real bother... you'll be certain to die, naturally, if you eat like a pig, get all fat (human bodies are naturally designed to store all the fat it can) develop diabetes, heart disease, etc...

thats not for me, though

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
reply to post by RedGolem

so once the cloning geniuses get thru making exact copies of plants animals and humans that are all identical and a disease comes along (which it always does)that takes out one variety but leaves other varieties alone-------what will the dead and the cloning geniuses have lelt to make copies of ? the dead making copies of the dead? many things such as this insanity should be left alone------- we are not smart enough yet to see far enough in advance all the possible repercussions of our "intelligent" designs wanna be like G-D ideas-----all we could make right now would be frankenstein monsters.

cloning is not replacing reproduction... who implied that in any way? it cannot at all, ever.

yes, we're not smart enough for this or that. speak for yourself.

theres always been someone to doom and gloom any new technology or discovery... like that darned horseless carriage... or flying machines, or that scary atom bomb... or ftl propulsion (well, not yet, but they will)

ridiculous

its people who only see fear and ignorance that try to halt progress. and like always, they'll be ignored...

<< 4  5  6   >>

join