It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King James version and Solomon

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
And my brother-in-law was there today at church also which made me feel good. But when we said bye after brunch we shook hands and he did that one where he grabs your wrist like a three fingered claw and the thumb and pinky fings on either side of the wrist. I don't know, I guess he felt that he had to prove something, that bothered me. So I brushed it away and shook his hand the normal way.

Anyway, now that I have a good understanding of what is going on all around me I'm just going to try to lovem from now on and let God keep throwing the olive branches out there. Only Jesus can judge and save, AMEN.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit7
There is absolutely nothing wrong with discussing religion, in fact it should be encouraged! I can sit down with anybody who studies the Koran and have a very enlightening conversation with them. The only reason that I keep stating Jesus Christ over and over again on here to Christian masons is so that they can see that it's ok to praise him, and not some "supreme being". Here's the kicker, if I were to sit down and have a OPEN discussion with a follower of the Koran I would not push Jesus Christ on them!

spirit7,

You are completely missing the point here. As I said above, I have a very close Jewish friend. We DO discuss religion, on our own time. Religious discussion is NOT a part of a Lodge Meeting, any more than during my business hours at work would be. See? What I do on my own free time is my business, not works and not the Lodges' business. See?

Christian Masons DO praise and worship Jesus Christ. But a Lodge meeting is NOT a religious and no one & nothing is "praised." A Lodge meeting is either an initiation of a new member into the organization (teaching of the basic symbolism, history and so forth) or a business meeting (pay the bills, make donations to various people and entities, argue over Lodge funds, appoint committees and other really, well, "exciting" stuff).

Unbelieveable how christian freemasons cannot see this but you're right. It just felt good to get my father-in-law in to church the past couple of weeks so that we both could stand beside one another and praise Jesus Christ.

It's a good thing, in my opinion, that you got him into Church if he wasn't attending regularly. But this has zero to do with the Masonic Lodge which is a fraternity and not a religion.

Should your father-in-law stand around and praise Jesus (as you say) in a P.T.A. meeting? or perhaps at local Republicans meeting? (hey, I'm from Cape Girardeau, home of Rush Limbaugh!)

Worship is done in church and in one's private life. Work is a time for work, PTA is a time for addressing school issues, a Republicans meeting is a time for finding a decent candidate for this year's election (Heaven help us)

All I can do is pray for you guys and try to "just lovem" because obviously these attempts on the forum just pushes you away.

Which brings up another point. This forum is for secret society discussion, not "convert to Jesus, you heathens!" I wish you could see that Freemasonry is a fraternity, not a religion and not a substitute for religion.

Hopefully he will continue to go to church so that a light will go off in his head and say hey LEAVE FREEMASONRY! Jesus is always going to keep on throwing olive branches our way.

Freemasonry not only DOES NOT conflict with one's personal faith, it CAN NOT conflict with one's personal faith if one fully understands Freemasonry.

If your father-in-law (or any Mason for that matter) has allowed Freemasonry to become his "religion" he's missed the point entirely and SHOULD leave Freemasonry.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by senrak

I couldn't have said it better. Excellent points.

I would also mention that we now have more evidence that spirit7 is actually lying to us: I do not know of one real mason who would go around giving obviously non-masons any grips, especially not the LP.

In fact I myself almost never remember to do so unless my surroundings jog my memory (like being at the lodge). I could have had someone give me the grip in my everyday surroundings and never even noticed it.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by LightinDarkness]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit7
There is absolutely nothing wrong with discussing religion, in fact it should be encouraged! I can sit down with anybody who studies the Koran and have a very enlightening conversation with them. The only reason that I keep stating Jesus Christ over and over again on here to Christian masons is so that they can see that it's ok to praise him, and not some "supreme being". Here's the kicker, if I were to sit down and have a OPEN discussion with a follower of the Koran I would not push Jesus Christ on them!

Why would you not mention Jesus? By your own estabilshed beliefs this individual is going to burn in a lake of fire as he does not accept Jesus as his lord and saviour. As a matter of fact they pray to a black cube in Mecca, would that not also be considered idolotry? Is this not also a burnable offense? Your ridiculous double standard makes no sense to me. It would appear you have a unhealthy attitude towards Freemasonry and Masons.

Why do you find it necesary to constantly interject Jesus into every single topic that is mentioned on this forum? Is it your inablity to actually provide factual evidence to support your assertions?

Unbelieveable how christian freemasons cannot see this but you're right. It just felt good to get my father-in-law in to church the past couple of weeks so that we both could stand beside one another and praise Jesus Christ. All I can do is pray for you guys and try to "just lovem" because obviously these attempts on the forum just pushes you away. Hopefully he will continue to go to church so that a light will go off in his head and say hey LEAVE FREEMASONRY!

If he is happy in Masonry why would you begrudge him this? Obviously he has reconciled the ability to accept Jesus Christ and be a Freemason. It would seem this almost all has to do with ego.......yours.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I have no problems with the other names for God or the other religions. My concern lies with the craft and the supreme being that you submit yourselves to through a series of oaths at the same time you are not permitted to even discuss your religions. What is wrong with discussing your religions in a civil manner? I feel the real conspiracy behind freemasonry is to distract people from their relationships with God. I accept Jesus Christ as my personal lord and savior but somebody who studies the Koran for example follows him by another name but it's all the same God, just differs culturaly. My point is, you all are rejecting your religions to acknowledge a supreme being that you don't even know who it is!

I should take my focus off of just the christian masons and take it to another level now so that I can focus on the real conspiracy that faces all men and cultures. Although, there should be nothing wrong for a Christian freemason to say the words Jesus Christ within a lodge or anywhere else for that matter.

That's all that I'm sayin'

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Ego, I think that is something that we all have and is essential but that is my personal opinion. When our Ego conflicts with God we end up finding out about it in one way or the other, which I have been finding out about my own, even on this board lately. Heck, I only started going to church a couple of months ago to be honest so maybe I should cool my jets a little and just relax and come to a reality check that it's not doing me any good to say that I am right and you are wrong. Therefore, I am sorry and I need to approach this differently. I need to find a better way for you to see my point. Nothing is instantaneously, I know that however.

I'm trying to become a Christian but this whole freemason secret society thing keeps nagging at me, lol.

In the end it just comes back to Gods final revelation that set the example for me to walk the walk and it keeps coming back to the phrase "Just Lovem" because the devil has already been defeated anyway.

So it's going to be hard to walk away from this, but this is my last post. I won't argue with you anymore, I now realize that I was wrong but that we could've been doing this all along.

Anyway, I'm not going to save the world. Take care my brothers and sista's, LOL!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

Hello, its ok to call me RR. I did however stumble across your page. I myself was looking up more info on King Solomon. Yes im admiting im a beginner to haveing my eyes "opened" when reading the bible. Yes i also own a King James version, but interesting enough i also own a very old version of it. I do belive its either 1892 or 1894. Im haveing a hard time finding were i found the date last time. And im afraid to fondle the book much. It falls apart every time i look at it let alone touch it. I bought the book for 2$ at a 2nd hand shop. They were going to throw it away. Yes i worked there, and when they seen i was going to take the book anyway, they charged me. Yes, Its true. They had no idea how preciouse the old book was. And to boot, its a teachers edition. Im going to write down your page info because im also still a beginner at working a computer. Id appericiate any more info you could give on King Solomon. Though youve allready gave by me reading your page more info than i knew allready knew. Im no stranger to our lord - Jesus Christ. But im a pup non the less to his book and how to understanding the text inside. Thank you in advance RR

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
. Hiram Abiff was the first mason according to legend, and he was killed after building Solomon’s temple,
[edit on 11/12/2007 by defcon5]

Correct me if I am wrong but Hiram Abiff was not a person but a symbolic representation.

I can dig up more on this theory if need be/

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
“[HEBREW CHARACTERS] is simply Father, when it is in construction, that is, when it precedes another word, and in English the preposition “of” is interposed, as [HEBREW CHARACTERS], Abi-Al, the Father of Al.

“Also, the final Yod means “my”; so that [HEBREW CHARACTERS] by itself means “My father.” [HEBREW CHARACTERS], David my father, 2 Chron. Ii. 3.

“[HEBREW CHARACTER], (Vav) final is the possessive pronoun “his”; and [HEBREW CHARACTERS], Abiu (which we read “Abif”) means “of my father’s.” Its full meaning, as connected with the name of Khurum, no doubt is, “formerly one of my father’s servants,” or “slaves.” -Page 81

[eX]If we put these together as Pike directs, we can see that Hiram Abif means, "The personification of

Light and the Son, the Mediator, Redeemer, and Saviour, formerly one of my fathers servants". This

sounds like it might possibly be alluding to Jesus, the Christ, the Saviour, the Messiah. But since when did

Jesus ever stop being one of His Fathers servants? Doesn't the word "formerly" bring to mind the condition

of one no longer being in connection with, or to, the father spoken of here? [/EX]

www.angelfire.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join