It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King James version and Solomon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I don't need any "ego food."

If you don't like what I have to say, please assume I am off my rocker and ignore me.
If you want to talk as adults and learn about secret societies, feel free to ask, I have quite a bit of information to share and would enjoy hearing what others have to say also, as I am sure I know very little about any order I am not or have not been a member of.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by niteipvvvvv

What do you know about the types of obligations that the Freemason society in particular is bound to?

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteipvvvvv
I don't need any "ego food."

If you don't like what I have to say, please assume I am off my rocker and ignore me.
If you want to talk as adults and learn about secret societies, feel free to ask, I have quite a bit of information to share and would enjoy hearing what others have to say also, as I am sure I know very little about any order I am not or have not been a member of.

Riiiiiight!

Well, my killfile has doubled now. You and spirit7 have demonstrated troll characteristics that make you guys not worth the bandwidth to bother with.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I acknowledge valid sources. It is unsurprising that Crowley believes the stuff he writes is correct. Just as it would be unsurprising for the Pope to write that Catholicism is the only true religion. If you do not understand such concepts, I cannot help you. Because someone pronounces X is true does not mean it is - you have to provide proof - from impartial sources.

If you are unwilling to use valid sources to backup your claim in public, it speaks for itself.
I am not here to convince you. It is enough for me that someone will read it and realize that what you are saying is only based on your faith, and is not truth for everyone.

Fitz is right, your arrogance is amazing. I can only imagine how dark your soul must be. The elitism and arrogance are so rotten its showing even in your posts. By the way, that whole "no right and wrong" thing was disproved about 2 thousand years ago. Its called the relativist fallacy.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Not to argue anymore LnD because you were right we shouldn't argue over who is right or wrong, but doesn't everything stem from like two or three brothers who either chose the one true God or many pegan gods? Have you heard anything about that?

[edit on 29-12-2007 by spirit7]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

I am not entirely educated as to the nature of masonic obligations, not being a mason. We are required to get jobs as lawyers, doctors, police, politicians, priests and other things which will benefit the lodge and/or spread its influence in the nation in which we live.

Fitzgibbon: Crowley himself, says that the soul is "Pure Black" in Liber 418. I do not deny your assertion thus, and see no problem with it.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

It sounds similar to the Freemasons though. What secret society or union are you with?

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

I have no idea what it is, but I can tell you its nothing like masonry. Masons are never told to work a job to benefit masonry, masonry comes last before God, family, and other obligations. From what he has said so far, I would lean toward this being a new age occult group that is actually satanist (the formation of doctrine that creates a diametrically opposed world and vilifies whatever the predominant worldview is) but doesn't use the term. I am unsure of what it is, but it is not masonry. As much as he likes Crowley, probably OTO.

Part of what I will be studying when I start my PhD next fall is looking at how people become influenced by these occult groups that are so separated from mainstream religion. I have a feeling it is related to the intense need by people to feel "special" and to have their preconceptions verified. This is very different from world religions, which tends to bring people into generic contact with the divine and works toward changing concepts of morality. I'll let everyone know in 6 or 7 years after I finish my dissertation

[edit on 29-12-2007 by LightinDarkness]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

I have absolutely no idea where that comes from. I think you've been reading anti-mason sites again.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LightinDarkness

No LnD, I was basing it on Solomons wish to have wisdom for the betterment of society.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'm actually starting to dig the stuff that I am reading on him, I just hope that the later legends about the ring to posses powers over deamons are not true. I don't think so though, because that would conflict with his God given wisdom.

Why did Solomon wait 13 years and 11 months to use the first temple?

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Solomon, as with all the other characters of the bible, more imply ideas or concepts rather than actual people.

As for my background, and who I am with: I am an X-Mormon, X-OTO and X-A.'.A.'. member (demitted from the latter, totally inactive in the former), current F.D.O.T.S., Order of the Serpent Ananda, H.B. of L.. I am also a member of another group or two which I'll leave unnamed, but I will say one of them is a Rosicrucian-type order which uses the symbolism of the Bhagavad-Gita, Tarot, bible, Dhammapada and other similar scriptures.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I thought that the temple was actually excavated?

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The Templars went and recovered the bible from the Templar mount, then the Vatican (who had it the whole time) to prevent its being leaked to the masses and their version of "Christianity" alive, burned millions of people. Anyone even remotely suspected of having it. I am sure they would do it again if it ever went public. You get a copy when you get your 33rd or Xth depending on whether you are an AASR or an OTO. They also keep 1 copy under guard in Ethiopia. They also found several other artifacts, the poisons the Jews used to kill people while stealing the land in the area from its inhabitants, etc.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   

No thanks. So just tell me, why is it so protected? Does it have anything to do with Jesus Christ?

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It teaches the truth of the sacrament which the impious black lodge blasphemed by replacing with bread and wine, and replacing the beds with benches in the chapel, and then turning the cross upside down to tame the charity of the hearts of the faithful. All the miracles of the bible can and are still worked by those who worship Jesus "in spirit and in truth."

Read the New Testament carefully, paying particular attention to the Sermon on the Mount and the Crucifixion, keeping this all in mind. "Father, why has thou forsaken me?" Who is this father, and WHAT has he forsaken unto WHAT?

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Wow, this is one crazy conspiracy orgy going on here. I won't even bother with the church stuff, I could spend hours on it and it would be all for nothing. I will say this - I know many 33rd degree masons, and I can assure you, they get no "secret bible" - because there is none. There are other books that are not included in the canon, but these are available to everyone.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyhorse77

That was a waste of ten minutes of my time. Do not bother looking for anything he mentions in his post. All you will find is comic book charictors.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
"Grand Commander, place the sword on the head of the Candidate and say: My Brother , you have fulfilled all your duties. I pronounce you as Inspector General, Captain and Commander of the Poor Soldiers of the Temple. In the continuation you shall have the right and the privilege to command your Brother, to lead and to instruct; to be the first at the attack, be the last when to retreat and to be diligent to serve the Order and the Country. The honor post is that of labor and the danger, there is no other nobility in Freemasonry. I hand over to you the ring of the Order; you are to wear it on your little-finger of your right-hand, and not make known to the other Freemasons your rank and what you occupy, but for you to remember your vows and obligations, so that you will never come to a point to forget this.

As Great Inspector General you are justified to place your signature the patriarchal-cross with two branches and to do this followed by the radiating triangle with the number 33 in the middle. The cross and the triangle must be constructed in Red."

"The Brother retaking their sitting places. The Grand Ceremonial Master guides the assumed Brother to the Lieutenant Grand Commander.

Lieutenant Grand Commander: The Symbols and the Words of this Degree are as follows: The first Symbol is made by kneeling-down, the hands crossed at the chest, the finger-tips on the shoulders, the body bent to the ground.

The second Symbol is made by taking out the sword, and kneel on the left-knee, with the left-hand on the heart.

The third Symbol is made by kissing the sword's blade 3 times.

The first password is Jacques de Molay; the second password is Hiram Abiff, the third password is Frederick II, King of Prussia.

The Great Password of this Degree is Nekam-Makah-Bealim. This will be answered with Adonai.

Grand Ceremonial Master: Your honorable Great Commander, the new assumed Brother Great Inspector General have received the Words, Symbols and the Contacts of the Degree."

Sounds like to me, that masons hide information from other masons. Could it be possible that you won't find out unless you yourself become a 33rd? But you better not ask, or you'll ban yourself from getting it forever, I have heard.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Making assumptions like that make you look very bad. If the degree is secret, HOW IS IT that every time the degree is conferred the candidates names are PUBLISHED both on the WEBSITE of the Scottish Rite and IN THE REGIONAL MAILING LISTS FOR ALL SCOTTISH RITE MEMBERS? HOW COULD IT BE?

It could be quite simply because the degree is telling the candidates to not flaunt their degree, as it is an honor only and - as the degree says - does not confer rank.

Seems as though your wrong again.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join