It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Off Limits to Earthlings?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I found this interesting, I was looking up Moon Landings to see what year the last one was. Is it true that there hasn't been a moon landing (manned or unmanned) since 1976? I'd heard the theory that we are banned from the Moon, but I didn't give it much credence. This seems amazing to me that neither the U.S. or Russians/Soviets have sucessfully had a manned or unmanned mission to the moon since 1976.

p.s. The next plan to go to the moon is 2019!

p.p.s. The Soviets had an unmanned mission to the moon in 1989, but it failed when radio contact was cut off abruptly...

[edit on 6-11-2007 by Raoul Duke]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Not true about 2019 -- the Chinese probe that just successfully achieved orbit around the Moon, also, they said a lander should be active by 2012, w/ Japan also having a satellite in orbit and possibly India to follow next year (April).

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Achieving orbit is not landing. Did it actually touch down on the surface?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Ok, I just read the full article. As far as I can tell they sent a satellite that achieved orbit. They have an unmanned moon landing planned for 2012.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I remember reading some testimonials of previous astronauts like Mitchell and such...recalling them saying they had anything but a warm welcome on the moon. Pretty sure they were told to stay away.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Vveapon,
I just heard Edgar Mitchell on Coast to Coast, and he didn't let on that anything unexpected occurred during his moon trip.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It seems strange, but if they do go to the moon again what do they plan to find?
Non manned Orbit missions sound better for checking stuff out. If china have sent something to orbit around the moon recently chances are the image qualities will be good?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I wonder if/why a space station is better than a moon station. It seems to me if the goal is to explore space (and go further and further outward), we'd be working on a moon station right now.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raoul Duke
I wonder if/why a space station is better than a moon station. It seems to me if the goal is to explore space (and go further and further outward), we'd be working on a moon station right now.

Oh ye, I see what you mean. It seems odd that with the moon being so close they haven't had anything like that yet; they seem more interested in crashing un-manned things into mars

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Well, anyway, something to think about. If no one can illuminate us further, I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with the Chinese mission in 2012.

Of course if that's successful, we'll never know if there was a contract between humans and et's to stay off the moon for a few decades, lol. Maybe the et's were/are just clearing out their old moon junk.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Raoul Duke

I doubt a space station is "better" per say, we probably need both. With the additions happening to the station (science labs, solar power), I think they're planning on tying the two together for the future, how, I have no idea -- I don't see Japan & Europe putting a 'science lab' together for the ISS otherwise.

The U.S. moonbase plans aren't until at least 2020, I don't know the dates specifically.

Here's the 2007 NASA funding info w/ their "space vision" updates:

www.aip.org...

[edit on 6-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well i cant say too much about aliens not permitting us on the moon, but i think you overlooking simpler aspects of this isssue. For one, public interest in moon landings has certainly plumitted. Lack of public interest will lead to lack of funding. Secondly, US funding has been diverted to war machine devlopment, and unless the moon can be turned into a giant weapons platform, i think funding is lacking.

Either way, no one will really know untill they land and spill the beans.

BTW, good to see another HST fan, Mr. Duke.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
As theories go, the moon being of limits is an interesting one.

I have often wondered why they stopped at 17 in a 20 mission program considering all the men infrastructure and hardware, (2 saturn Vs were left over from the program), were all lined up and ready to go,(and I know officially the reason was funding).

One hole in the theory is if they were warned off on Apollo 11 why would they have carried on with 12, 13, (13 did not land of course), 14,15,16 and 17.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hey, wait a minute. I thought we agreed that the moon landings were all hoaxed. How can we have been warned off the moon if we never went there in the first place?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Hey, wait a minute. I thought we agreed that the moon landings were all hoaxed. How can we have been warned off the moon if we never went there in the first place?

Keep your focus, nohup, we never agreed to any such thing. Start another thread if you're so interested in that topic. They are related topics, but I don't think they're one and the same.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

One hole in the theory is if they were warned off on Apollo 11 why would they have carried on with 12, 13, (13 did not land of course), 14,15,16 and 17.

That's not what I was suggesting (if I understand exactly what you are suggesting), it's the same principle as if you loan a possession of yours to a friend, and they treat it poorly and it needs to be fixed every time you get it back. Just look at what we do with the natural environment on this planet, we humans have a way of doing more than making our mark on a landscape. Sometimes the only way the way we relate to it can be explained is, with extreme violence.

I don't know what was done specifically on the Moon, but then again I'm not certain the 'official' story about what we've done on the Moon is accurate.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Admitedly the question in your original post seemed to be "did lunar landings stop in 1976", I thought someone else might chime in on this, so I chose to comment on what you had heard regarding a warning.

I suppose a landing would have to be considered a touchdown of man or machine in one piece, that being the case then yes officially Apollo 17 was the last unless you want to include the deliberate crashing of lunar orbitors into the surface the most recent of which was ESA's Smart-1.

Other than that I am not sure what else you are want comment on could you be a little more specific ?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
No Sherpa,
That was about it, just that the landings (man or machine) had stopped. Based upon technological change since 1976, this seems mind blowing. The stuff about other things possibly happening on the moon, that's just suspicion of really any official story about anything coming from the military or government, on issues of outer space and/or extraterrestrials. I don't have a unique theory about what the astronauts did on the moon.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Don't worry, your dry wit wasn't completely in vain, although I did hear a big *whoosh* between your post and mine.

That whole "being warned off the moon" stuff is completely ridiculous. There are many reasons why we haven't set foot on the moon lately. This is changing rapidly though and as plans continue for moon based stations it's only a matter of time. There have been recent studies of everything from effects on humans stationed on the moon for long periods of time to design concepts of structural enclosures for work and living. I also believe that once a working space ladder is in place it will really start to move plans along.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raoul Duke..The stuff about other things possibly happening on the moon, that's just suspicion of really any official story about anything coming from the military or government, on issues of outer space and/or extraterrestrials. I don't have a unique theory about what the astronauts did on the moon.

Well if you believe John Lear, we have had bases on the Moon since 1962, and on Mars since 1966.

John maintains that there are large cities on the far side of the Moon, where the atmosphere is dense enough to breathe, and that ETs have had substantial bases on Mars for eons.

The Apollo prog was apparently just about PR and political one-upmanship, and if anything had gone wrong the astronauts would have been rescued by the ETs.

The truth is out there somewhere. It does seem suspicious that the technology was demonstrably there to land on the Moon in the 1970s and has been abandoned.

Something doesn't add up somewhere. The ET issue is the biggie. Maybe the Chinese will get a shock when they arrive...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join