It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Off Limits to Earthlings?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   

not exactly good enough evidence

Evidence that someone needs a better grasp of the concept of telemetry. And what happens when parts of data is lost in transmission.

I would suspect that those smudges would be "airbrushed" if I was wanting to hide something. Wouldn't you?
Why would smudges be allowed to remain if you're trying to hide something? Why would you even distribute photos in the first place if you are trying to hide something?
Why would you tell anyone you have a probe in space if you don't want them to know? Shouldn't you tell them everything bursts into flame above seventy miles? or something to that effect?

The serious lack of internal consistency, and logic in these stories is rather telling don't you think?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   

then why do we have bases in antartica?

Food, water and air are at the poles in forms we can readily use. It makes it a lot easier.
Along with the amount of fuel it takes to get there. I could drive my car to orbit in under an hour if I could just get it to go vertical.

Then there's the political agreements that make the cooperative effort easier. As is done with ISS. Antarctica and ISS are pretty good test beds for further scientific cooperation.
As for private ventures, it's still "finders keepers" And the return on investment is not yet promising.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   

It seems strange, but if they do go to the moon again what do they plan to find?

Japan, China, India, and the US have detailed websites on what sort of instruments they'll each respectively carry onboard the current and near future robotic surveys.

One thing they're all trying to establish is the location and composition of hydrogen.
We know it's there, but is it the form of water ice (easier to use in the future) or something more like Portland cement? The hydrogen can be extracted from either, but ice is cheaper to process.

other things include Helium III, PGMs (platinum group metals, crucial to Hydrogen fuel cells) and nickel iron for what's called ISRU.(in-situ resource utilization)

Good book on the topic is Moonrush

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   

just saying something is so, doesn't make that way. You've provided no evidence of anything here. The evidence shows me it is more likely that humans have been warned off the moon.

Still waiting for some of that evidence. Circumstantial or otherwise. What specifically convinces you?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Were we humans banned for decades possibly?

Yes, primarily by Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter.
Did you check out their preferences for space ventures?

They even cut funding for the Shuttle to the point we wound up using solid rockets as boosters instead of a dual-vehicle (Orbiter/Tanker) concept as originally designed.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Roman Empire created a highly developed network of roads all over the place, and they eventually degraded, with comparable transporation systems only appearing in 19th century.

The Greeks invented a type of steam motor, didn't have a clue what to do with it, other than it made an interesting toy. From 300 BC to 1698AD.......it happens.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Our astronaut core seems to have gone backwards since the early to mid 70s

What do you mean? More people flew in the 80s than in the 70s. They just didn't go as far away from earth. They logged more collective hours. As did Russias' Cosmonauts.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I sometimes consider that if space is only an extension of the natural environment as seen on Earth, with everything killing and eating everything else, then successfully surviving alien species would have to be some of the toughest, smartest, and possibly most vicious and ruthless creatures you'd ever come across.

Maybe. But also consider than perhaps space is so tough and cruel an environs, that the effort requires more cooperation.... just to survive.
Tend to leave less energy for bickering. All space travelers report something they've come to call The Overview Effect

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Remember manifest destiny, why no similar theory about outer space?

Try these ideas on for a little destiny

"Knowing what we know now, we are being irresponsible in our failure to make the scientific and technical progress we will need for protecting our newly discovered severely threatened and probably endangered species--us. NASA is not about the 'Adventure of Human Space Exploration,' we are in the deadly serious business of saving the species. All Human Exploration's bottom line is about preserving our species over the long haul."
Astronaut John Young

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Astronauts themselves have gone on record to say they were warned off. No doubt in my mind our chummy little greys don't want us on their rock.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Astronauts themselves have gone on record to say they were warned off

Which astronauts?
And in what record?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Raoul Duke

No gravity well to deal with.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join