It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demon Dog in Photograph

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Plenty of people will tell you there's truth in the old sayings and when you're talking about addiction of course this guy has a "monkey on his back".

But to be honest, I think this is just a double exposure. It's a crappy photograph, most likely taken with a very cheap or even disposable camera that are notoriously easy to make double exposures on. They get tossed into the bottom of a pocketbook for six months and get the hell beat out of them, then they're dragged out at the next family event and by then, everybody's forgotten what photo's they took already. People forget to crank the film forward, or don't crank it far enough and end up with all kinds of double exposures.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Ok guys. Did some research. it's a chinese dragon. the weird nose gave him away. also the yellow eyes. they are snakelike and their face could be confused to that of a dog. they are known to be small, about 6 ft tall. he could have been there to joke around and wanted to be in the picture..they have been known to have a sense of humor.

here's the way they used to look.

battellemedia.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
i hate network news, why not show us the pic and say here, look this? they have to fill the report with padding and garbage, something to stuff inbetween commercials for worthless rubbish...

interesting, unusual, but probably not paranormal, does anyone know where an image good enough for analysis is posted?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ed Littlefox
You know something? It strikes me that every one of you is missing the most important aspect of this Photo and Story. That point is that no matter WHAT the photo is of--demon, dog on staircase, illusion, retouch--whatever-- the image served a purpose; it got the man off Heroin and made him a better person. In essence, it saved his life. He believes it is the demon of his addiction, and that is good enough.

This is getting ridiculous! This thread is one big example of people being too lazy to read. The above is just one example (don't mean to single this guy out) of repeating something that was already said. Now almost every page is just new people repeating the same stuff that was already covered on the first few pages. Furthermore I would ease up on making statements about "everyone of us missing the point" when you yourself didn't even take the time to read. The ones that took the time to read the entire thread have not missed anything.

RMPL!

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stockburn
reply to post by Bethsheba1978

Welcome to ATS.

OT: That statement just brought of a massive attack of fond memories of AD&D. I really loved that rpg, haven't played in 25 years. Take care, and thanks for the memory flash.

Well if you played AD&D, you would of recognized instantly that the thing in the picture is in fact a Gnoll.

[edit on 7/11/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Originally posted by Stockburn
reply to post by Bethsheba1978

Welcome to ATS.

OT: That statement just brought of a massive attack of fond memories of AD&D. I really loved that rpg, haven't played in 25 years. Take care, and thanks for the memory flash.

Well if you played AD&D, you would of recognized instantly that the thing in the picture is in fact a Gnoll.

[edit on 7/11/07 by MikeboydUS]

lol, yes it is very gnoll like. When I think of gnoll. I think more of the ones from Everquest but either way good, and amusing observation, it hadn't even occurred to me.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Anyhow, I noticed that someone mentioned that it looks like a wippet. I noticed some other similarities that if it is in fact a real dog, that it is probably in the sight hound family. This covers afghan hounds, wippets, greyhounds and a number of other dogs that are similar in appearance. The colorings on the demon dog in question are also consistent with that of a brindle sight hound. Those who are not familiar with brindle it is essentially a calico pattern and you often find interesting patterns on the face. Growing up with multiple greyhounds as household pets, I know for a fact that when their ears are laying down it is very difficult to see them from a straight photo shot. In other words if you are looking straight down the front of the greyhounds face the ears tend to blend in to the side of the head. Here is a photo of a greyhound that is quite similar in appearance to the entity in the picture. Bright yellow eyes and all.

It also has been said that the dogs that were revered in ancient Egypt were either that of a sight hound variety and/or a Basinji (domesticated barkless jackal). With that said if this is something of a paranormal nature I wouldn't entirely rule out something relating to Annubis, as far out as that may seem. Keep in mind this is coming from me, who calls himself Osiris, so something like that shouldn't be too unexpected.

Keeping with the idea of it being a real dog however, I don't think that someone would have brought a greyhound to a wedding anniversary. The idea that a dog snuck in is kind of silly as well. If there was a dog there, and it was up on the table while photos were being taken, it would have most certainly been removed. Even if a dog was there, and had propped himself up using his front paws on the guy, even stoned, he probably would have noticed it, and we would probably see more of the dog's body as they are rather large dogs in general.

I'm still sticking with paranormal, but I have to admit that it does bare a striking resemblance to a greyhound. Hopefully this post seems decently cohesive to everyone. I have consumed a fairly large amount of coffee in the last hour and am finding it hard to focus on my own thoughts. Oh well, at least I feel awake, which is rare for me.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This is a good photo of greyhounds with their ears back. Notice that you can't see them at all. Obviously they are down when running to make them more streamlined, but in general unless something piques their interest their ears tend to stay in a laying down position.

www.dog-track.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by planetfall

Based on this closer look at the picture, I'm not sure if I see a dog-like nose at all. It looks more like a snouted beast.

There's definitely some bad mojo going on with that thing!

Peace

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I certainly see the possibility of it being more snout like. However, I think it is hard to tell from that angle the true nature of the nose. It's obviously there, but I find it hard at this perspective to tell exactly how long it is.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Teknikal

I agree, I can also see the "teeth" as actually being the woman's hand on the man's shoulder. I am more than ever convinced that this is just one of those spooky affairs where a two dimensional representation of a three dimensional situation throws up a very peculiar image.

I am more than willing bet my sweet bippy that there are no dogs, demons or dragon's(!) involved in this picture.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by timeless test

Thank you for being the voice of the counterpoint here. Although I can see what you and others are saying about other objects in the area coming together to produce an overall appearance of a dog, I don't think it can explain the whole face that we are seeing. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it, if you think you can persuade me to think otherwise feel free. Either way your opinions are appreciated and welcome.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It's the eyes of the thing though. They look like eyes. I just don't see them blending into the background in any way.

Also, look at the wrinkling around the eyes. If that were a real dog, it would be a really pissed dog. The form exudes hate and disdain with it's snarling appearance.

Peace

[edit on 7-11-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LummyDon't you always find it interesting though that the guardian could have showed it self in an evil form to set the guy on the straight and narrow? Drugs aren't something I think that a demon will get you on, thats a personal choice you make on your own due to your own stupidity or "peer pressure". The guy said it him self, the photo changed his life.

Exactly my thoughts! That very photo changed his entire life and so I also believe it was his Guardian Angel. Whether his Angel made the image of the dog appear, or did in fact use a real dog/coyote/ferret/pattern-in-background for the cause, well that just doesn't matter. I agree with some other posters in saying that it really doesn't matter what the cause of the "dog" was, it made him decide to work very hard at getting off the drugs. And that's awesome
Doesn't mean investigation isn't worth a shot though!

Someone asked, "Why a dog?" It wasn't mentioned in the video but perhaps he has a fear of dogs?

It would be interesting to see the other photos that were taken by guests. Good thread guys

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
that dogs so cuute, hes like "im going to eat yourrr caaaaaaakeeee!!! muahahaha" lmfao nice find dude definitly legit, no chance of a hoax especialy at a wedding reception

peace out

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It wasn't me !!lol

Its is a creepy picture ,,definately looks like a staff !!

Rob

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Was bored, so I did a little tweaking to this image in good ol' Photoshop. Heaven forbid I actually do anything constructive around the house.

First I blew the image up, then started sharpening areas, mostly around the man's jawline and the dog. While I was doing that I noticed a lot of color similarities between the dog (namely its nose and the area above its eyes) and the wall behind it. If you look just over the dog's head, it looks like there's a tapestry of some sort with a lot of blue in it.

The two areas labeled '1' were the spots where I took color samples. The colors are very similar in color, though not identical. The 'nose' seems to have a little more blue tone in it, but that could be due to the way the light's hitting it. Note the color swatches to the right.

The arrow that points to the guy's shoulder is where his wife's hand is. It looks like teeth at first, but turns out it's her fingers.

The areas labeled '3' are almost identical in color - both have a sandy brown coloration. Again, look at the color swatches and you'll see what I mean.

I started looking at other light areas and noticed the pole-looking thing. It looks like it's going behind the dog's head. However, if you look closely at the spots with a 4, it's almost like the pole is what gives the dog's left eye its coloration - plus the outside of the eye follows what looks like should be the edge of the pole.

I don't know if that helps anyone. It was just a way for me to kill 15 minutes instead of doing something constructive.

edit: just noticed the upload messed with the compression. The captions for the color samples read "Wall behind eye" in the top left, "Above eye," bottum left, "Nose," top right, and "Wall" bottum right.

[edit on 7-11-2007 by Zyanith]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Zyanith

Good post.

I disagree on the color of the eyes. The eyes are a different color than the background, and the right eye is slightly off lining up exactly.

Let's take into consideration, if this is a demon, it probably has apparitional qualities to it like slight transparency.

Peace

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Zyanith

Indeed a good post. I see the color similarities you are talking about, but I agree with Dr. Love about the eye, and the possibility of it being slightly transparent. It is obviously behind the wife's fingers, and that is definitely what they are on his shoulder. Thanks again.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Looking at the eyes...that is nipple hardening scary. I detect great evil. Not normal dingo. Glad the outcome was as it was though, the guy got off drugs.
It's on my back, It's on my back with a baseball bat OH YA OH YAAA.

[edit on 7-11-2007 by jpm1602]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join