It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOOOOOOOOO close to disclosure????? Pres carter talks of ufo experience

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

SOOOOOOOOO close to disclosure????? Pres carter talks of ufo experience

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

"When I was back as a peanut farmer in southwest Georgia, I and about 25 others saw something in the air that changed colors and was round and came and left," former President Jimmy Carter said in an interview with CNN’s John Roberts on American Morning. "We couldn't figure out what it was."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
What you think folks? How close to the big word are we?

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Come on people two major people in the last two days releasing there experiences, they did not have to do this , ???? Any ideas

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'd like to be more optimistic about it, but its hard to say. From the article concerning Ex-President Carter, it almost seems as if he's saying less than he did in the 70's. I was just a kid then, but I recall him possibly saying that this was something he would definitley address once he was in the White House. Now, if that article is quoting him recently, it's like he's shrugging it off as military/ man-made UFO and nothing more. With everything else going on, (ie NASA/Johnston, NASA/Kecksburg) one might think disclosure is coming. Its hard to say. They're working awful hard to keep it mum and we're working just as hard to open it up. It anybodys game I guess. The Bush's aren't talking, will China or Japan open up? Russia seems like they're ready. It's awaiting game. A long one at that.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
carter's ufo experience isn't new news. Ford also had a ufo experience and Reagan talked about extraterrestrial threat at the UN i believe.

This thread should be interest to you...

US Presidents and UFO's

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
it is a new report, just happened this morning, he commented on it for the first time.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This is definitely not the first time he's commented on his 1969 experience

see this
Carter's ufo interview

and here's the website with more presidential ufo connections
www.presidentialufo.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
sorry about that, what I mean to say was that this news clip was from today.

And is it just me or all cnn reporters brainwashed pricks? HAHAHAH he saw a ufo HAHAHa what a joke of a person, honestly its disgusting.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
not even close.
The whole Ken Johnston thing has gone absolutely nowhere..I cant even find any of supposed earth shattering images to look at. I believe the man but they better get their act together whilst there is momentum or it'll die very very quickly within the week

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
whats interesting is, if you read the comments, everybody is calling carter a kook...clearly the mainstream public is not ready to accept it.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
My understanding, Carter's sighting was likely to be the planet Venus.

Ufologist Robert Sheaffer concluded that the object that Carter witnessed was a misidentification of Venus [5] (Peebles 1994:205). This could also be Venus "Halo"[1], as was discussed on the podacst Skeptics' Guide To The Universe #105[6], in an interview with Jimmy Carter. In this interview Carter again stated that although he was not convinced that the object had been explained, he did not believe it was an alien craft. Carter also said that he did not believe that any extraterrestrials have visited Earth.

Now even UFO fans with a skeptical leaning are not always fond of Robert Sheaffer. But, for what it's worth thought I'd include this.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
venus has pulsating lights hmmmm, not saying your wrong but its just odd.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Note to ATS -- I emailed Leslie Kean about the Kecksburg case and an interview about the release of NASA documents regarding the case. Should you look into it, there's numerous witnesses who've been quoted saying an acorn shaped craft landed in the woods, w/ hieroglyphs on it, she seemed into doing an interview, so to whomever that falls upon, thought to let you know. She also said she'd be free for something like that mid to late Nov.

Aside from that and this Carter sighting, more FOIA requests should be filed in cases where they seem legit, the Kecksburg one was filed in 2003, so it'll take that long for a response, which to me, is a joke, *they* should release files within the month or two. And I think there's year limits on how long something's been classified, even up to 20-25 years.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Timewavezer0

Quote from OP link:

"It was unidentified as far as we were concerned, but I think it's impossible in my opinion, some people disagree, to have space people from other planets or other stars to come to us — I don't think that's possible," he said.

All he saying is that its "unidentified" he's not claiming an extraterrestrial origin or even thinks its possible.

I dont see this helping disclosure at all.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Jimmy Carter Distances Himself From Kucinich On UFOs

But now Carter has told CNN that he does not at all believe the object he and about 25 other people saw — a round object that changed colors — was actually any sort of alien spaceship.

tpmelectioncentral.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timewavezer0
Come on people two major people in the last two days releasing there experiences, they did not have to do this , ???? Any ideas

Are you suggesting Tim Russert is part of an elite group of people who strategically placed a question to Dennis Kucinich in order to bring the topic of UFO's to the public attention, little-by-little?

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
From what I've read over the years, if there is knowledge of real UFO/ET
Earth visitation, it's so top secret that even the President of the United
States can't gain access to this info. Jimmy Carter tried to do this when
he was President and was turned away by George Bush, Sr., who was
then the CIA Director(?).

Anyway, it doesn't matter if every politician and scientist in the world
signed off on a petition delcaring that UFO's and ET Life is real, the
general (particularly the religious) population will not believe it until
there is a real Extraterrestrial, or something of ET construction analyzed
and reported via the mass media. Personally, I think we have a better
chance of learning of other-world civilizations through other countries'
moon and space exploration. Knowing that both China and India are
sending HD video probes to the moon soon is very intriguing. I hope
they aren't too secretive about what they see/find.
-cwm

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
My understanding, Carter's sighting was likely to be the planet Venus.

Terrible explanation. He stated the UFO was half the diameter of the full moon.

CNN Jimmy Carter Interview

Here's a video of him saying he doesn't think alien visitation is possible. It's near the very end.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by Schaden]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Timewavezer0

I listened to what Jimmy Carter had to say, he also said he thinks its impossible that aliens would be traveling around Earth.

He repeated the word UFO as being Unidentified Flying Object and only says he does not know what it was so you can call it a UFO.

I think the point he was trying to get across that he does not believe in little green men sort of speak.

So that kind of took the wind out of my sails when he said it like that. But we all know the media just wants to make the Democrats look crazy. So that is why I think Jimmy down played it a little so he does not hurt his party.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Just to point out, not only is Carter's sighting old news as already mentioned, but a written report that he filled out is also available possibly even the the very book this website is named after, Above Top Secret.

Several years ago I also saw somebody mention something George Bush Senior (the 1st pres Bush) said, which could also be added to presidential talk about UFO's. Apparently somebody asked Bush Senior point blank if he knew anything about the UFO phenomenon. Bush's response back to the guy was "you don't know the half of it".

On a Youtube video somebody asked Vice Pres Chenney if he knew anything about UFO's. Chenney said something to the affect that if he did, he wouldn't be able to talk about it. Since he didn't deny their existence and knew that he would be sworn to secrecy says something right there.

Also, I keep seeing people mention we may learn more about what's on the Moon when China or India send satellites there. Have people given up on the Japanese satellite that's there right now? I keep searching around for pictures and all I keep finding is the 1st picture it took and that's it. I'd like to think we'll see more but don't know what the hell is taking so long.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join